IndiaDivine.org

I just had to vent about this..

Rate this topic

Guest guest

As I was driving home this morning I saw a huge sign above the door at a chain grocery store that said, "Buffalo for Sale." Yes, I was tired and for a minute it just did not compute. Was the store selling animals? Then I remembered, people eat this! I'm the strange one!

Beth

Hi Beth

A good strange though :-)

Jo

-

betharon

Saturday, October 21, 2006 6:53 PM

I just had to vent about this..

As I was driving home this morning I saw a huge sign above the door at a chain grocery store that said, "Buffalo for Sale." Yes, I was tired and for a minute it just did not compute. Was the store selling animals? Then I remembered, people eat this! I'm the strange one!

Beth

I live in the Southwest, but I am not from here. So this surprised me when I first saw it.

What a depressing billboard!

I know I may be called naive, but sometimes I just don't understand it. First of all, humans don't need to eat animals to survive and why the hostility toward those who choose not to?

Does it all just come down to economics?

buffalo has been pushed for a number of years....

especially in states like colorado, montana, etc

outside Grand Junction colorado, we saw this big billboard which said something to the effect

"Vegans go home, this is beef country"

sweet...

*sigh*

betharon Oct 21, 2006 10:53 AM I just had to vent about this..

Beth

As nightfall does not come at once, neither does oppression. In both instances, there's a twilight where everything remains seemingly unchanged, and it is in such twilight that we must be aware of change in the air, however slight, lest we become unwitting victims of the darkness. William O. Douglas

that and ignorance and lazyness. The Valley Vegan.................betharon wrote: I live in the Southwest, but I am not from here. So this surprised me when I first saw it. What a depressing billboard! I know I may be called naive, but sometimes I just don't understand it. First of all, humans don't need to eat animals to survive and why the hostility toward those who choose not to? Does it all just come down to economics? Peter H

Send instant messages to your online friends http://uk.messenger.

remember

its easier to hate and dismiss what is different or outside the percieved norm

its easier t o scapegoat

and its easier to lash out, especially if you feel one little iota of guilt

peter VV Oct 23, 2006 11:23 AM Re: I just had to vent about this..

that and ignorance and lazyness.

The Valley Vegan.................betharon wrote:

I live in the Southwest, but I am not from here. So this surprised me when I first saw it.

I know I may be called naive, but sometimes I just don't understand it. First of all, humans don't need to eat animals to survive and why the hostility toward those who choose not to?

Peter H

As nightfall does not come at once, neither does oppression. In both instances, there's a twilight where everything remains seemingly unchanged, and it is in such twilight that we must be aware of change in the air, however slight, lest we become unwitting victims of the darkness. William O. Douglas

one little iota? do they come in different sizes over there? The Valley Vegan.............fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote: remember its easier to hate and dismiss what is different or outside the percieved norm its easier t o scapegoat and its easier to lash out, especially if you feel one little iota of guilt peter VV Oct 23, 2006 11:23 AM Re: I just had to vent about this.. that and ignorance and lazyness. The Valley Vegan.................betharon wrote: I live in the Southwest, but I am not from here. So this surprised me when I first saw it. What a depressing billboard! I know I may be called naive, but sometimes I just don't understand it. First of all, humans don't need to eat animals to survive and why the hostility toward those who choose not to? Does it all just come down to economics? Peter H Send instant

messages to your online friends http://uk.messenger. As nightfall does not come at once, neither does oppression. In both instances, there's a twilight where everything remains seemingly unchanged, and it is in such twilight that we must be aware of change in the air, however slight, lest we become unwitting

victims of the darkness. William O. Douglas Peter H

yes

especially in texas...

where you can have giant sized iota's

then there's a pick up iota

and the compact iota

the 4x4 king cab iota.....

peter VV Oct 24, 2006 10:55 AM Re: I just had to vent about this..

one little iota? do they come in different sizes over there?

The Valley Vegan.............fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote:

remember

its easier to hate and dismiss what is different or outside the percieved norm

its easier t o scapegoat

and its easier to lash out, especially if you feel one little iota of guilt

peter VV Oct 23, 2006 11:23 AM Re: I just had to vent about this..

that and ignorance and lazyness.

The Valley Vegan.................betharon wrote:

Peter H

Send instant messages to your online friends http://uk.messenger. As nightfall does not come at once, neither does oppression. In both instances, there's a twilight where everything remains seemingly unchanged, and it is in such twilight that we must be aware of change in the air, however slight, lest we become unwitting

victims of the darkness. William O. Douglas

Peter H

And theres me thinking it was an American state............ The Valley Vegan...........................fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote: yes especially in texas... where you can have giant sized iota's then there's a pick up iota and the compact iota the 4x4 king cab iota..... peter VV Oct 24, 2006 10:55 AM Re: I just had to vent about this.. one little iota? do they come in different sizes over

there? The Valley Vegan.............fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote: remember its easier to hate and dismiss what is different or outside the percieved norm its easier t o scapegoat and its easier to lash out, especially if you feel one little iota of guilt peter VV Oct 23, 2006 11:23 AM Re: I just had to vent about this.. that and ignorance and lazyness. The Valley

Vegan.................betharon wrote: I live in the Southwest, but I am not from here. So this surprised me when I first saw it. What a depressing billboard! I know I may be called naive, but sometimes I just don't understand it. First of all, humans don't need to eat animals to survive and why the hostility toward those who choose not to? Does it all just come down to economics? Peter H Send instant messages to your

online friends http://uk.messenger. As nightfall does not come at once, neither does oppression. In both instances, there's a twilight where everything remains seemingly unchanged, and it is in such twilight that we must be aware of change in the air, however slight, lest we become unwitting victims of the darkness. William O. Douglas Peter H Send instant messages to your online friends http://uk.messenger. As nightfall does not come at once, neither does oppression. In both instances, there's a twilight where everything remains seemingly unchanged, and it is in such twilight that we must be aware of change in the air, however slight, lest we become unwitting victims of the darkness. William O. Douglas Peter H

Hi Peter

>one little iota? do they come in different sizes over there?

Didn't you know, you can now get the Standard Iota, the King-size Iota or the Economy size Iota. I'm guessing the " little " one is the econmy size. :-)

BB

Peter