IndiaDivine.org

fer you yanks

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Do you mean ancestors? Actually, mine did not come from here but were escaping themselves, but yes, I know what you mean. Manifest destiny was responsible for the murder of many. I do think about this, knowing that it is because of this that I can live here now.

plans for thansgiving?

do you go with family?

dinner with close ones?

travel 9 gazillion miles?

hide?

sit at some huge gathering and pick at your iceburg lettuce and baked yam?

serve a scrumptious meal?

fraggle

If George Bush said that the Earth was flat, the headline would read, " Views

Differ on Shape of the Earth "

Give a toast to those indiginous peoples your decendents attempted genocide of? The Valley Vegan............fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote: plans for thansgiving?do you go with family?dinner with close ones?travel 9 gazillion miles?hide?sit at some huge gathering and pick at your iceburg lettuce and baked yam?serve a scrumptious meal?fraggleIf George Bush said that the Earth was flat, the headline would read, "Views Differ on Shape of the Earth"To send an email to -

Hi Fraggle

>plans for thansgiving?

None for me... wrong country :-)

But we do have Bonfire night around that time (and, judging by the fireworks, around a month either side as well!) But I'm generally too busy celebrating Samhain around this time to bother with any other celebrations... I've got 4 Samhain celebrations this year (and maybe a fifth brewing...)

BB

Peter

what attempted?

think the buggers did a pretty thorough job..........

argh........

peter VV Oct 23, 2006 10:16 AM Re: fer you yanks

Give a toast to those indiginous peoples your decendents attempted genocide of?

The Valley Vegan............fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote:

plans for thansgiving?do you go with family?dinner with close ones?travel 9 gazillion miles?hide?sit at some huge gathering and pick at your iceburg lettuce and baked yam?serve a scrumptious meal?fraggleIf George Bush said that the Earth was flat, the headline would read, "Views Differ on Shape of the Earth"To send an email to -

mmmmm...brewing.....

Peter Kebbell Oct 23, 2006 10:39 AM Re: fer you yanks

Hi Fraggle

>plans for thansgiving?

But we do have Bonfire night around that time (and, judging by the fireworks, around a month either side as well!) But I'm generally too busy celebrating Samhain around this time to bother with any other celebrations... I've got 4 Samhain celebrations this year (and maybe a fifth brewing...)

BB

Peter

As nightfall does not come at once, neither does oppression. In both instances, there's a twilight where everything remains seemingly unchanged, and it is in such twilight that we must be aware of change in the air, however slight, lest we become unwitting victims of the darkness. William O. Douglas

Hey - Peter has not attempted genocide on anyone :-)

Jo

-

peter VV

Monday, October 23, 2006 6:16 PM

Re: fer you yanks

Give a toast to those indiginous peoples your decendents attempted genocide of?

plans for thansgiving?do you go with family?dinner with close ones?travel 9 gazillion miles?hide?sit at some huge gathering and pick at your iceburg lettuce and baked yam?serve a scrumptious meal?fraggleIf George Bush said that the Earth was flat, the headline would read, "Views Differ on Shape of the Earth"To send an email to -

Hi Peter

You lucky devil - 4 or 5 celebrations. We will have our open ritual, and a moot celebration, but that's it.

BBJo

-

Peter Kebbell

Monday, October 23, 2006 6:39 PM

Hi Fraggle

>plans for thansgiving?

BB

Peter

:-)

-

fraggle

Monday, October 23, 2006 6:59 PM

mmmmm...brewing.....

Peter Kebbell Oct 23, 2006 10:39 AM Re: fer you yanks

Hi Fraggle

>plans for thansgiving?

BB

Peter

As nightfall does not come at once, neither does oppression. In both instances, there's a twilight where everything remains seemingly unchanged, and it is in such twilight that we must be aware of change in the air, however slight, lest we become unwitting victims of the darkness. William O. Douglas

tyre marks on my forehead............... The Valley Vegan............jo <jo.heartwork wrote: Hey - Peter has not attempted genocide on anyone :-) Jo - peter VV Monday, October 23, 2006 6:16 PM Re: fer you yanks Give a toast to those indiginous peoples your decendents attempted genocide of? The Valley Vegan............fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote: plans for thansgiving?do you go with family?dinner with close ones?travel 9 gazillion miles?hide?sit at some huge gathering and pick at your iceburg lettuce and baked yam?serve a scrumptious meal?fraggleIf George Bush said that the Earth was flat, the headline would read, "Views Differ on Shape of the

Earth"To send an email to -

Hi Jo,

Thanks for your reply. I saw your joke but I couldn't resist further commenting.(-:

That is the best way to celebrate Thanksgiving. I know there are many things I have to be thankful for. Since I am far away from my family I will probably get a chance for some quiet reflection -- in between finishing up my term papers.

I love the fact that I can converse with people around the globe.

Beth

Hi Beth

He did mean ancestors - and missed my joke pointing it out :-)

I think every country/race in the world has a bad history. It is past, doesn't do to worry about it. Today and the future are the best things to concentrate on.

Being in England I do not celebrate Thanksgiving, but I think if I were in America I would celebrate it, but thinking about the things I personally have to be thankful for in my own life.

Jo

-

betharon

Monday, October 23, 2006 9:01 PM

Do you mean ancestors? Actually, mine did not come from here but were escaping themselves, but yes, I know what you mean. Manifest destiny was responsible for the murder of many. I do think about this, knowing that it is because of this that I can live here now.

Hi Beth

It is good to chat :-)

I hope your papers go well, and you have a pleasant Thanksgiving.

Jo

, betharon wrote:

>

> Hi Jo,

> Thanks for your reply. I saw your joke but I couldn't resist further

> commenting.(-:

>

> That is the best way to celebrate Thanksgiving. I know there are many

things

> I have to be thankful for. Since I am far away from my family I will

probably

> get a chance for some quiet reflection -- in between finishing up my

term

> papers.

>

> I love the fact that I can converse with people around the globe.

>

> Beth

>

tease!

Peter Kebbell Oct 24, 2006 7:04 AM Re: fer you yanks

Hi Fraggle

>mmmmm...brewing.....

Meant in a metaphorical sense. Sorry for getting you excited ;-)

BB

Peter

Seriuosly though you yanks, what is it that is traditionally thanked for ?, is it the help the native americans gave the invaders/colonists?, or is it just for all the good things yo may have, and who are you paying thanks to? some diety? No I am not joking, I realy am that ignorant................sorry, thought I`d get it in before anyone else! The Valley Vegan.............jo <jo.heartwork wrote: Hi Beth He did mean ancestors - and missed my joke pointing it out :-) I think every country/race in the world has a bad history. It is past, doesn't do to worry about it. Today and the future are the best things to concentrate on.

Being in England I do not celebrate Thanksgiving, but I think if I were in America I would celebrate it, but thinking about the things I personally have to be thankful for in my own life. Jo - betharon Monday, October 23, 2006 9:01 PM Re: fer you yanks Do you mean ancestors?

Actually, mine did not come from here but were escaping themselves, but yes, I know what you mean. Manifest destiny was responsible for the murder of many. I do think about this, knowing that it is because of this that I can live here now. Peter H

All new Mail "The new Interface is stunning in its simplicity and ease of use." - PC Magazine

yes please

*cheeky smile*

Peter Kebbell Oct 24, 2006 10:29 AM Re: fer you yanks

Hi Fraggle

>tease!

Is that a request? ;-)

BB

Peter

thanksgiving is a traditional holiday steeped in myths and the like here in the colonies...

its origins are based on a harvest festival(mythically given as back in 1621 when the colonists survived their first year)

anyways...it is generally used as

a day off

a gathering of family

and a day fer everyone t o eat themselves into a stupor and watch football

of course..thats my cynic answer

:)fer me

we celebrate thanxfernuthin....

gathering of all our "family" (read BOB family)...gathering of friends and celebrate that holy crap, we made it another year..and assorted things like that...

cheers

fraggle

peter VV Oct 24, 2006 10:59 AM Re: fer you yanks

Seriuosly though you yanks, what is it that is traditionally thanked for ?, is it the help the native americans gave the invaders/colonists?, or is it just for all the good things yo may have, and who are you paying thanks to? some diety?

No I am not joking, I realy am that ignorant................sorry, thought I`d get it in before anyone else!

The Valley Vegan.............

I was under the impression ( silly impressionable sod that I am ) that the first colonists couldnt have survived without the help of the indiginous population, and that was what you were giving thanks to, the memory of their graciousness? Arent harvest festivals based on pagan traditions? like a lot of festivals? The Valley Vegan.............fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote: thanksgiving is a traditional holiday steeped in myths and the like here in the colonies... its origins are based on a harvest festival(mythically given as back in 1621 when the colonists survived their first year) anyways...it is generally used as a day off a gathering of family and a day fer

everyone t o eat themselves into a stupor and watch football of course..thats my cynic answer :)fer me we celebrate thanxfernuthin.... gathering of all our "family" (read BOB family)...gathering of friends and celebrate that holy crap, we made it another year..and assorted things like that... cheers fraggle peter VV Oct 24, 2006 10:59 AM Re: fer you yanks Seriuosly though you yanks, what is it that is traditionally thanked for ?, is it the help the native americans gave the invaders/colonists?, or is it just for all the good things yo may have, and who are you paying thanks to? some diety? No I am not joking, I realy am that

ignorant................sorry, thought I`d get it in before anyone else! The Valley Vegan............. As nightfall does not come at once, neither does oppression. In both instances, there's a twilight where everything remains seemingly unchanged, and it is in such twilight that we must be aware of change in the air, however slight, lest we become unwitting

victims of the darkness. William O. Douglas Peter H

Send instant messages to your online friends http://uk.messenger.

more er less true

the original colonists couldn't have survived without the enormous help from the First nations people..

whether deliberate er not

(there was a lot of outright thievery going on by early colonists...as well as hospitallity by the First Nations folks)

but..in taditional history here, we are told, that the first thnaxgiving was to thank god that they survived the year, got the harvest in, and decided to share with the locals(awfully nice of them, since the colonists were on their land, eating mostly their food...)

but, we were all taught that the Pilgrims shared with the "indians"..not exactly the what happened

peter VV Oct 24, 2006 12:13 PM Re: fer you yanks

I was under the impression ( silly impressionable sod that I am ) that the first colonists couldnt have survived without the help of the indiginous population, and that was what you were giving thanks to, the memory of their graciousness?

Arent harvest festivals based on pagan traditions? like a lot of festivals?

The Valley Vegan.............fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote:

thanksgiving is a traditional holiday steeped in myths and the like here in the colonies...

its origins are based on a harvest festival(mythically given as back in 1621 when the colonists survived their first year)

a day off

a gathering of family

gathering of all our "family" (read BOB family)...gathering of friends and celebrate that holy crap, we made it another year..and assorted things like that...

cheers

fraggle

Seriuosly though you yanks, what is it that is traditionally thanked for ?, is it the help the native americans gave the invaders/colonists?, or is it just for all the good things yo may have, and who are you paying thanks to? some diety?

No I am not joking, I realy am that ignorant................sorry, thought I`d get it in before anyone else!

The Valley Vegan............. As nightfall does not come at once, neither does oppression. In both instances, there's a twilight where everything remains seemingly unchanged, and it is in such twilight that we must be aware of change in the air, however slight, lest we become unwitting

victims of the darkness. William O. Douglas

Peter H

Why so much missinformation? surely they couldnt have survived without the techniques for growing maize etc that the local indians gave them? Surely the traditional british crops and techniques were not much use over there? and what thanks did they give them? apart from joining up with them, as did the French to set tribe against tribe to take their lands and wipe out entire tribes! or have I got that wrong? I like the idea of thanxfernuthin day.......maybe I`ll crack open a bottle and toast y`all The Valley Vegan............fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote: more er less true the original colonists couldn't have survived without the enormous help from the First nations people.. whether deliberate er not (there was a lot of outright thievery going on by early colonists...as well as hospitallity by the First Nations folks) but..in taditional history here, we are told, that the first thnaxgiving was to thank god that they survived the year, got the harvest in, and decided to share with the locals(awfully nice of them, since the colonists were on their land, eating mostly their food...) but, we were all taught that the Pilgrims shared with the "indians"..not exactly the what happened peter VV Oct 24, 2006 12:13 PM Re: fer you yanks I was under the impression ( silly impressionable sod that I am ) that the first colonists couldnt have

survived without the help of the indiginous population, and that was what you were giving thanks to, the memory of their graciousness? Arent harvest festivals based on pagan traditions? like a lot of festivals? The Valley Vegan.............fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote: thanksgiving is a traditional holiday steeped in myths and the like here in the colonies... its origins are based on a harvest festival(mythically given as back in 1621 when the colonists survived their first year) anyways...it is generally used as a day off a gathering of family and a day fer everyone t o eat themselves into a stupor and watch football of course..thats my cynic

answer :)fer me we celebrate thanxfernuthin.... gathering of all our "family" (read BOB family)...gathering of friends and celebrate that holy crap, we made it another year..and assorted things like that... cheers fraggle peter VV Oct 24, 2006 10:59 AM Re: fer you yanks Seriuosly though you yanks, what is it that is traditionally thanked for ?, is it the help the native americans gave the invaders/colonists?, or is it just for all the good things yo may have, and who are you paying thanks to? some diety? No I am not joking, I realy am that ignorant................sorry, thought I`d get it in before anyone else! The Valley Vegan............. As nightfall does not come at once, neither does oppression. In both instances, there's a twilight where everything remains seemingly unchanged, and it is in such twilight that we must be aware of change in the air, however slight, lest we become unwitting victims of the darkness. William O. Douglas Peter H Send instant messages to your online friends http://uk.messenger. As nightfall does not come at once, neither does oppression. In both instances, there's a twilight where everything remains seemingly unchanged, and it is in such twilight that we must be aware of change in the air, however slight, lest we become unwitting victims of the darkness. William O. Douglas Peter H

exactly why are you confused byt the "misinformation"

we all grow up with myths..

remember..to the victors go the spoils

and history is written by the winners

dunno wot ya'll learn in skool over on that side of the pond, but American "history" (and culture) is chock full of myths and falsehoods....stereotypes, misleading "facts", and outright lies...

peter VV Oct 24, 2006 1:00 PM Re: fer you yanks

Why so much missinformation? surely they couldnt have survived without the techniques for growing maize etc that the local indians gave them? Surely the traditional british crops and techniques were not much use over there? and what thanks did they give them? apart from joining up with them, as did the French to set tribe against tribe to take their lands and wipe out entire tribes!

or have I got that wrong?

I like the idea of thanxfernuthin day.......maybe I`ll crack open a bottle and toast y`all

more er less true

the original colonists couldn't have survived without the enormous help from the First nations people..

whether deliberate er not

(there was a lot of outright thievery going on by early colonists...as well as hospitallity by the First Nations folks)

but..in taditional history here, we are told, that the first thnaxgiving was to thank god that they survived the year, got the harvest in, and decided to share with the locals(awfully nice of them, since the colonists were on their land, eating mostly their food...)

but, we were all taught that the Pilgrims shared with the "indians"..not exactly the what happened

peter VV Oct 24, 2006 12:13 PM Re: fer you yanks

I was under the impression ( silly impressionable sod that I am ) that the first colonists couldnt have survived without the help of the indiginous population, and that was what you were giving thanks to, the memory of their graciousness?

Arent harvest festivals based on pagan traditions? like a lot of festivals?

The Valley Vegan.............fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote:

a day off

a gathering of family

cheers

fraggle

The Valley Vegan............. As nightfall does not come at once, neither does oppression. In both instances, there's a twilight where everything remains seemingly unchanged, and it is in such twilight that we must be aware of change in the air, however slight, lest we become unwitting victims of the darkness. William O. Douglas

Peter H

Send instant messages to your online friends http://uk.messenger. As nightfall does not come at once, neither does oppression. In both instances, there's a twilight where everything remains seemingly unchanged, and it is in such twilight that we must be aware of change in the air, however slight, lest we become unwitting victims of the darkness. William O. Douglas

Peter H

to continue

people like to be proud of their pasts

so, things like facts and actuality..well..they just get in the way don't they?

i mean...how much do folks really want to hear that the first "settlers" (can you settle land already occupied?...guess it wouldn't go well to call our ancestors invaders, or squatters...doesn't play as well) in virginia...how most of em starved...and why? because half of em were too busy not only not to plant crops, but even t othink about getting food

busy doing what?

digging random holes...looking for gold...

or, what we have come to call the pilgrims, how they robbed graves.....

and stole food stores

our entire "cherished" so called history of thanxgivin is just really myth and propaganda

*shrug*

i think all cultures do it to one extent er anything

make our forefathers into something larger then live

peter VV Oct 24, 2006 1:00 PM Re: fer you yanks

Why so much missinformation? surely they couldnt have survived without the techniques for growing maize etc that the local indians gave them? Surely the traditional british crops and techniques were not much use over there? and what thanks did they give them? apart from joining up with them, as did the French to set tribe against tribe to take their lands and wipe out entire tribes!

or have I got that

Hi Fraggle

Oh, alright then...

Beer :-)

BB

Peter

On 24/10/06, fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote:

yes please

*cheeky smile*

Peter Kebbell Oct 24, 2006 10:29 AM

Hi Fraggle

>tease!

Is that a request? ;-)

BB

Peter As nightfall does not come at once, neither does oppression. In both instances, there's a twilight where everything remains seemingly unchanged, and it is in such twilight that we must be aware of change in the air, however slight, lest we become unwitting victims of the darkness.

William O. Douglas