IndiaDivine.org

Catering at work

Rate this topic

Guest guest

For some reason the Chair of the union committee decided we would have

lunch provided at our monthly meeting, which was yesterday. Two days

before the catering manager phoned me to ask what I could eat. Their

suppliers are Brakes, who have been supplying companies and schools for

many decades, and they do have a vegan range.

I had spring rolls, carrot and coriander gougons, mixed salad and

chutney, followed by melon and plum salad.

It was pleasant to have a vegan meal supplied without too much bother.

Jo

wots a gougon?

sounds like a mythical monster

beware the gougon!

:)

>heartwerk <jo.heartwork

>Oct 26, 2006 2:50 AM

>

> Catering at work

>

>For some reason the Chair of the union committee decided we would have

>lunch provided at our monthly meeting, which was yesterday. Two days

>before the catering manager phoned me to ask what I could eat. Their

>suppliers are Brakes, who have been supplying companies and schools for

>many decades, and they do have a vegan range.

>

>I had spring rolls, carrot and coriander gougons, mixed salad and

>chutney, followed by melon and plum salad.

>

>It was pleasant to have a vegan meal supplied without too much bother.

>

>Jo

>

>

>

>

>To send an email to -

>

is it a battered finger sized piece of dead fish? The Valley Vegan.............fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote: wots a gougon?sounds like a mythical monsterbeware the gougon!:)>heartwerk >Oct 26, 2006 2:50 AM> > Catering at work>>For some reason the Chair of the union committee decided we would have >lunch provided at our monthly meeting, which was yesterday. Two days >before the catering manager phoned me to ask what I could eat. Their >suppliers are Brakes, who have been supplying companies and schools for >many decades, and they do have a vegan range.>>I had spring rolls, carrot

and coriander gougons, mixed salad and >chutney, followed by melon and plum salad.>>It was pleasant to have a vegan meal supplied without too much bother.>>Jo>>>>>To send an email to - >

Sounds like you got off lightly!, with me its the spanish inquisition ( and yes, nobody expects the spanish inquisition!). Glad it was sorted for you. The Valley Vegan...............heartwerk <jo.heartwork wrote: For some reason the Chair of the union committee decided we would have lunch provided at our monthly meeting, which was yesterday. Two days before the catering manager phoned me to ask what I could eat. Their suppliers are Brakes, who have been supplying companies and schools for many decades, and they do have a vegan range.I had spring rolls, carrot and coriander gougons, mixed salad and chutney, followed by melon and plum salad.It was pleasant to have a vegan meal supplied without too much bother.JoTo

send an email to -

LOL Fraggle

It's like a little bent sausage. It was veggies in a sort of breadcrumbed

bater. I think I like the mythical monster best - but wouldn't eat it of

course.

BB

Jo

-

" fraggle " <EBbrewpunx

Thursday, October 26, 2006 6:14 PM

Re: Catering at work

> wots a gougon?

> sounds like a mythical monster

> beware the gougon!

> :)

>

>

> >heartwerk <jo.heartwork

> >Oct 26, 2006 2:50 AM

> >

> > Catering at work

> >

> >For some reason the Chair of the union committee decided we would have

> >lunch provided at our monthly meeting, which was yesterday. Two days

> >before the catering manager phoned me to ask what I could eat. Their

> >suppliers are Brakes, who have been supplying companies and schools for

> >many decades, and they do have a vegan range.

> >

> >I had spring rolls, carrot and coriander gougons, mixed salad and

> >chutney, followed by melon and plum salad.

> >

> >It was pleasant to have a vegan meal supplied without too much bother.

> >

> >Jo

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >To send an email to -

> >

Hi Peter

No, it's a battered selection of vegetable pieces - I wouldn't hve eaten it if it had been fish.

Jo

-

peter VV

Thursday, October 26, 2006 6:20 PM

is it a battered finger sized piece of dead fish?

The Valley Vegan.............fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote:

wots a gougon?sounds like a mythical monsterbeware the gougon!:)>heartwerk >Oct 26, 2006 2:50 AM> > Catering at work>>For some reason the Chair of the union committee decided we would have >lunch provided at our monthly meeting, which was yesterday. Two days >before the catering manager phoned me to ask what I could eat. Their >suppliers are Brakes, who have been supplying companies and schools for >many decades, and they do have a vegan range.>>I had spring rolls, carrot and coriander gougons, mixed salad and >chutney, followed by melon and plum salad.>>It was pleasant to have a vegan meal supplied without too much bother.>>Jo>>>>>To send an email to - >

They were very good I thought,and the lunch was tasty ...... and as for the lovely red uniforms .....

Jo

-

peter VV

Thursday, October 26, 2006 6:30 PM

Sounds like you got off lightly!, with me its the spanish inquisition ( and yes, nobody expects the spanish inquisition!).

Glad it was sorted for you.

The Valley Vegan...............heartwerk <jo.heartwork wrote:

For some reason the Chair of the union committee decided we would have lunch provided at our monthly meeting, which was yesterday. Two days before the catering manager phoned me to ask what I could eat. Their suppliers are Brakes, who have been supplying companies and schools for many decades, and they do have a vegan range.I had spring rolls, carrot and coriander gougons, mixed salad and chutney, followed by melon and plum salad.It was pleasant to have a vegan meal supplied without too much bother.JoTo send an email to -

Sorry Jo, traditionally its what a gougon is, - I was just explaining it to Frag. The Valley Vegan............jo <jo.heartwork wrote: Hi Peter No, it's a battered selection of vegetable pieces - I wouldn't hve eaten it if it had been fish. Jo - peter VV Thursday, October 26, 2006 6:20 PM Re: Catering at work is it a battered finger sized piece of dead fish? The Valley Vegan.............fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote: wots a gougon?sounds like a mythical monsterbeware the gougon!:)>heartwerk >Oct 26, 2006 2:50 AM> > Catering at work>>For some reason the Chair of the union committee decided we would have >lunch provided at our monthly meeting, which was yesterday. Two days >before the catering manager phoned me to ask what I could eat. Their >suppliers are Brakes, who have been supplying companies and schools for >many decades, and they do have a vegan range.>>I had spring rolls, carrot and coriander gougons, mixed salad and >chutney, followed by melon and plum salad.>>It was pleasant to have a vegan meal supplied without too much bother.>>Jo>>>>>To send an email to - >