IndiaDivine.org

Legal Notice

Rate this topic

Guest guest

So... it appears that it has now become a criminal offence to provide legitimate information to the public!

Fortunately for me, I am neither a member, participant or supporter of SPEAK (they're way too aggressive for my liking), so I guess that means that I can tell whoever I like!!!!

BB

PeterUPON HEARING Counsel for the ClaimantsAND UPON HEARING the First and Third DefendantsIT IS ORDERED THAT UNTIL TRIAL OR FURTHER ORDER1. The First and Third Defendants, and all other persons acting as

members, participants or supporters or in the name of the unincorporatedassociation known as the SPEAK Campaign to prevent or obstruct thebuilding of the Research Laboratory at the University be restrained from

continuing to publish on the internet, by email or otherwise the name ofor any information concerning the company asserted by SPEAK to be thecontractor for the building of the research laboratory.2. The First and Third Defendants do forthwith upon being notified of this

order take all steps within their power to cause the name of or anyinformation concerning the company asserted by SPEAK to be the contractorfor the building of the research laboratory to be removed from the website

"www.speakcampaigns.org.uk" or any other website, including the Arkangelwebsite.IMPORTANT NOTICEIf you do not obey this Order you will be guilty of contempt of Court andyou may be fined or sent to prison or may be guilty of a criminal offence

for which you may be fined or sent to prison or both._____________Speak mailing listSpeak

https://lists.rbgi.net/mailman/listinfo/speak

please to illuminate further....

whats all this then?

Peter Kebbell Oct 26, 2006 6:18 AM Legal Notice

So... it appears that it has now become a criminal offence to provide legitimate information to the public!

Fortunately for me, I am neither a member, participant or supporter of SPEAK (they're way too aggressive for my liking), so I guess that means that I can tell whoever I like!!!!

BB

PeterUPON HEARING Counsel for the ClaimantsAND UPON HEARING the First and Third DefendantsIT IS ORDERED THAT UNTIL TRIAL OR FURTHER ORDER1. The First and Third Defendants, and all other persons acting as members, participants or supporters or in the name of the unincorporatedassociation known as the SPEAK Campaign to prevent or obstruct thebuilding of the Research Laboratory at the University be restrained from continuing to publish on the internet, by email or otherwise the name ofor any information concerning the company asserted by SPEAK to be thecontractor for the building of the research laboratory.2. The First and Third Defendants do forthwith upon being notified of this order take all steps within their power to cause the name of or anyinformation concerning the company asserted by SPEAK to be the contractorfor the building of the research laboratory to be removed from the website "www.speakcampaigns.org.uk" or any other website, including the Arkangelwebsite.IMPORTANT NOTICEIf you do not obey this Order you will be guilty of contempt of Court andyou may be fined or sent to prison or may be guilty of a criminal offence for which you may be fined or sent to prison or both._____________Speak mailing listSpeakhttps://lists.rbgi.net/mailman/listinfo/speak

As nightfall does not come at once, neither does oppression. In both instances, there's a twilight where everything remains seemingly unchanged, and it is in such twilight that we must be aware of change in the air, however slight, lest we become unwitting victims of the darkness. William O. Douglas

Hi Fraggle

>please to illuminate further....

>whats all this then?

Of course, I suspect SPEAK isn't well known in the US.

SPEAK is the main group opposing the building of a new vivisection laboratory by Oxford University. It's been going on for several years, and through protests, it has so far been delayed by about 2 years.

Anyway, recently, SPEAK found out the name of the company who is building the laboratory, and generally advertised it so that people can make informed decisions when it comes to employing building firms etc. The building firm seems to have taken exception to this, and got an injunction saying that SPEAK is no longer allowed to provide information to the public!

Hope that sums it up!

BB

Peter

thanx

SPEAK might be known amongst the more AR circles...

i don't follow that as closely anymore..only so much of fraggle to go around

Peter Kebbell Oct 26, 2006 8:19 AM Re: Legal Notice

Hi Fraggle

>please to illuminate further....

>whats all this then?

Of course, I suspect SPEAK isn't well known in the US.

SPEAK is the main group opposing the building of a new vivisection laboratory by Oxford University. It's been going on for several years, and through protests, it has so far been delayed by about 2 years.

Anyway, recently, SPEAK found out the name of the company who is building the laboratory, and generally advertised it so that people can make informed decisions when it comes to employing building firms etc. The building firm seems to have taken exception to this, and got an injunction saying that SPEAK is no longer allowed to provide information to the public!

Hope that sums it up!

BB

Peter

As nightfall does not come at once, neither does oppression. In both instances, there's a twilight where everything remains seemingly unchanged, and it is in such twilight that we must be aware of change in the air, however slight, lest we become unwitting victims of the darkness. William O. Douglas

It also allows the more right wing to take action ( in whatever forms they choose ) against that company..........hypothetically of course. The Valley Vegan...............Peter Kebbell <metalscarab wrote: Hi Fraggle >please to illuminate further.... >whats all this then? Of course, I suspect SPEAK isn't well known in the US. SPEAK is the main group opposing the building of a new vivisection laboratory by Oxford University. It's been going on for several years, and through protests, it has so far been delayed by about 2 years. Anyway, recently, SPEAK found out the name of the company who is building the laboratory, and generally advertised it so

that people can make informed decisions when it comes to employing building firms etc. The building firm seems to have taken exception to this, and got an injunction saying that SPEAK is no longer allowed to provide information to the public! Hope that sums it up! BB Peter Peter H

Send instant messages to your online friends http://uk.messenger.

Hi Peter

It looks like you can :-)

We are certainly being hog-tied surely, but not so slowly.

BBJo

-

Peter Kebbell

Thursday, October 26, 2006 2:18 PM

Legal Notice

BB

PeterUPON HEARING Counsel for the ClaimantsAND UPON HEARING the First and Third DefendantsIT IS ORDERED THAT UNTIL TRIAL OR FURTHER ORDER1. The First and Third Defendants, and all other persons acting as members, participants or supporters or in the name of the unincorporatedassociation known as the SPEAK Campaign to prevent or obstruct thebuilding of the Research Laboratory at the University be restrained from continuing to publish on the internet, by email or otherwise the name ofor any information concerning the company asserted by SPEAK to be thecontractor for the building of the research laboratory.2. The First and Third Defendants do forthwith upon being notified of this order take all steps within their power to cause the name of or anyinformation concerning the company asserted by SPEAK to be the contractorfor the building of the research laboratory to be removed from the website "www.speakcampaigns.org.uk" or any other website, including the Arkangelwebsite.IMPORTANT NOTICEIf you do not obey this Order you will be guilty of contempt of Court andyou may be fined or sent to prison or may be guilty of a criminal offence for which you may be fined or sent to prison or both._____________Speak mailing listSpeakhttps://lists.rbgi.net/mailman/listinfo/speak

Hi Peter

>It also allows the more right wing to take action ( in whatever forms they choose ) against that

> company..........hypothetically of course.

So, do you believe that the right to make an informed decision should be negated because some people may take action that may not be ethical? If that is a valid argument (not that I think it is), then we should also ensure anonimity for all people convicted of criminal offences in case of vigilante action against them. Should all food packaging have the ingredients' list and country of origin removed in case some people object to the use of a particular ingredient or country and take " action " . Should we ban all books or records which may include information that people might " act " on?

It just seems like a very slippery slope when you start deciding that people are no longer allowed access to information for any reason.

BB

Peter

No I dont, as you ask, I dont believe in censorship of any kind. I beleive in my right to chose. The Valley Vegan............Peter Kebbell <metalscarab wrote: Hi Peter >It also allows the more right wing to take action ( in whatever forms they choose ) against that > company..........hypothetically of course. So, do you believe that the right to make an informed decision should be negated because some people may take action that may not be ethical? If that is a valid argument (not that I think it is), then we should also ensure anonimity for all people convicted of criminal offences in case of vigilante action against them. Should all food packaging have the ingredients' list and country of origin

removed in case some people object to the use of a particular ingredient or country and take "action". Should we ban all books or records which may include information that people might "act" on? It just seems like a very slippery slope when you start deciding that people are no longer allowed access to information for any reason. BB Peter Peter H

Send instant messages to your online friends http://uk.messenger.

Hi Peter

I thought in one of our previous discussions you were more in favour of slightly illegal activism. I seem to remember some of us arguing the opposite corner that it is best to stay within the law. It may even have been to do with the HLS campaign, or maybe the digging up of the body.

Jo

>It also allows the more right wing to take action ( in whatever forms they choose ) against that

> company..........hypothetically of course.

I would never condone something like digging up bodies or anything to harm another person, physically or mentally. Some faceless multi national business on the other hand................ The Valley Vegan............jo <jo.heartwork wrote: Hi Peter I thought in one of our previous discussions you were more in favour of slightly illegal activism. I seem to remember some of us arguing the opposite corner that it is best to stay within the law. It may even have been to do with the HLS campaign, or maybe the digging up of the body.

Jo >It also allows the more right wing to take action ( in whatever forms they choose ) against that > company..........hypothetically of course. Peter H

All new Mail "The new Interface is stunning in its simplicity and ease of use." - PC Magazine