IndiaDivine.org

vegan dogs

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I have two dogs, and I am struggling with their diet. I have found a vegetarian food made by Wysong, but it said it is only for supplemental feeding, meaning that it doesn't meet all their needs I am guessing. And I know this will sound terrible, but I have found that over the last three years of feeding them meat-based food they do not ever have that "doggie" smell. When I switch them to the grain based foods that I have found available here, they have started smelling in pretty short order.

So ... any advice, please?

Thanks,

Sharon

our kids didn't like wysong very much

now they get Avo-derm and Nature's Recipe....with Pet Guard occasionally thrown in when we can't find the other two

they say "complete formula"

have you thought about adding veggie supplements?

no off smells that i've noticed

tho, ruby has always smelled like a mouse to me....

fraggle

Sharon Murch Nov 15, 2006 12:51 PM vegan dogs

I have two dogs, and I am struggling with their diet. I have found a vegetarian food made by Wysong, but it said it is only for supplemental feeding, meaning that it doesn't meet all their needs I am guessing. And I know this will sound terrible, but I have found that over the last three years of feeding them meat-based food they do not ever have that "doggie" smell. When I switch them to the grain based foods that I have found available here, they have started smelling in pretty short order.

Thanks,

Sharon

History repeats itself

and each time the price gets higher

Where are you ? It is very straightforward to keep a dog healthy on an animal free diet as they require no special supplementation if fed a well-balanced vegan diet. There are several complete vegan dog foods on the market, the most readily available is Happidog, but be aware that some varieties contain Vitamin D3. Dog Food We have been informed that the following foods are suitable for vegan dogs, but as none of these products are registered with The Vegan Society the manufacturer may alter the ingredients without informing us, so please do check before purchase. Denes produce three types of biscuit that are animal-free: wholegrain, low calorie and fresh breath biscuits. Available from vets, pet stores and wholefood shops. www.denes.com 01273 325364 Green Ark Animal Nutrition make a

vegan cereal mix for dogs. www.greenark.mcmail.com 01282 606810 Vegedog - supplement which, when added to recommended home-made recipes, provides a complete meal for dogs. Harbingers of a New Age, 717 E Missoula Avenue, Troy, MT 59935. USA. Tel(406) 295 4944. Fax (406) 295 7603. Veggiepet Complete Vegetarian Dog and Puppy foods are complete, dried, vegan foods. Veggiepet, The Oaks, Clacton Road, Weeley Heath, Essex CO16 9EF. Tel 01255 830004. Yarrah Organic make vegetarian dog biscuits, chewing bones, multi dog biscuits, vegie ears and duo vegetarian snacks - all suitable for vegan dogs. Available from pet shops and wholefood stores. www.yarrah.com. Viva! sell Yarrah's chewing bones and their duo vegetarian snacks. www.viva.org.uk Supplements The Missing

Link - Vegetarian (vegan) formulation for cats & dogs. Available from RIS Products Ltd Sharon Murch <compassion2grace wrote: I have two

dogs, and I am struggling with their diet. I have found a vegetarian food made by Wysong, but it said it is only for supplemental feeding, meaning that it doesn't meet all their needs I am guessing. And I know this will sound terrible, but I have found that over the last three years of feeding them meat-based food they do not ever have that "doggie" smell. When I switch them to the grain based foods that I have found available here, they have started smelling in pretty short order. So ... any advice, please? Thanks, Sharon Peter H

Send instant messages to your online friends http://uk.messenger.

Thanks for the info.

peter VV <swpgh01 Sent: Thursday, November 16, 2006 10:09:49 AMRe: vegan dogs

Where are you ?

It is very straightforward to keep a dog healthy on an animal free diet as they require no special supplementation if fed a well-balanced vegan diet. There are several complete vegan dog foods on the market, the most readily available is Happidog, but be aware that some varieties contain Vitamin D3.

Dog Food

We have been informed that the following foods are suitable for vegan dogs, but as none of these products are registered with The Vegan Society the manufacturer may alter the ingredients without informing us, so please do check before purchase.

Denes produce three types of biscuit that are animal-free: wholegrain, low calorie and fresh breath biscuits. Available from vets, pet stores and wholefood shops. www.denes.com 01273 325364

Green Ark Animal Nutrition make a vegan cereal mix for dogs. www.greenark. mcmail.com 01282 606810

Vegedog - supplement which, when added to recommended home-made recipes, provides a complete meal for dogs. Harbingers of a New Age, 717 E Missoula Avenue, Troy, MT 59935. USA. Tel(406) 295 4944. Fax (406) 295 7603.

Veggiepet Complete Vegetarian Dog and Puppy foods are complete, dried, vegan foods. Veggiepet, The Oaks, Clacton Road, Weeley Heath, Essex CO16 9EF. Tel 01255 830004.

Yarrah Organic make vegetarian dog biscuits, chewing bones, multi dog biscuits, vegie ears and duo vegetarian snacks - all suitable for vegan dogs. Available from pet shops and wholefood stores. www.yarrah.com. Viva! sell Yarrah's chewing bones and their duo vegetarian snacks. www.viva.org. uk

Supplements

The Missing Link - Vegetarian (vegan) formulation for cats & dogs. Available from RIS Products Ltd

Sharon Murch <compassion2grace@ > wrote:

Thanks,

Sharon

Peter H

Send instant messages to your online friends http://uk.messenger .