IndiaDivine.org

Soy Milk/Fast Food Nation

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Yes, it does seem like family here, wherever you are from.

I buy the small cartons of soy milk for my vegetarian daughter to take to school, and I drink them sometimes also. I love soymilk in my coffee. There are so many different kinds, though, with such different subtleties of flavoring. Some are good and some are yucky! Oh, and I recently bought soy "egg nog" (no eggs of course). It had the flavor of the nog okay, but not the thickness.

The movie "Fast Food Nation" comes out this week. Planning on taking my pumpkin seeds (of course, movie theater popcorn has butter) and whichever of my kids I can armtwist, and going to see it. Sadly, of the many movie theaters in my area, it is only playing at one.

Sharon

peter VV <swpgh01 Sent: Wednesday, November 15, 2006 11:57:23 AMRe: URGENT! Animal Enterprise Terrorism Act vot Monday

I would like to think we are all family on here.

I only eve use soya milk for cereal, nothing else. I tried rice milk but didnt like it. I havent tried any nut milks or oat milks yet, dont see the need I am happy with soy.

Nice story about your boy.

The Valley Vegan....... .......

Hi Sharon

I've not seen Fast Food Nation. Let me know what you think of it. I saw Supersize Me, which was very good.

Jo

-

Sharon Murch

Wednesday, November 15, 2006 8:47 PM

Soy Milk/Fast Food Nation

Yes, it does seem like family here, wherever you are from.

I buy the small cartons of soy milk for my vegetarian daughter to take to school, and I drink them sometimes also. I love soymilk in my coffee. There are so many different kinds, though, with such different subtleties of flavoring. Some are good and some are yucky! Oh, and I recently bought soy "egg nog" (no eggs of course). It had the flavor of the nog okay, but not the thickness.

The movie "Fast Food Nation" comes out this week. Planning on taking my pumpkin seeds (of course, movie theater popcorn has butter) and whichever of my kids I can armtwist, and going to see it. Sadly, of the many movie theaters in my area, it is only playing at one.

Sharon

peter VV <swpgh01 Sent: Wednesday, November 15, 2006 11:57:23 AMRe: URGENT! Animal Enterprise Terrorism Act vot Monday

I would like to think we are all family on here.

I only eve use soya milk for cereal, nothing else. I tried rice milk but didnt like it. I havent tried any nut milks or oat milks yet, dont see the need I am happy with soy.

Nice story about your boy.

The Valley Vegan....... .......

soy milk i love to jrink jo <jo.heartwork wrote: Hi Sharon I've not seen Fast Food Nation. Let me know what you think of it. I saw Supersize Me, which was very good. Jo ----- Original Message

----- Sharon Murch Wednesday, November 15, 2006 8:47 PM Soy Milk/Fast Food Nation Yes, it does seem like family here, wherever you are from. I buy the small cartons of

soy milk for my vegetarian daughter to take to school, and I drink them sometimes also. I love soymilk in my coffee. There are so many different kinds, though, with such different subtleties of flavoring. Some are good and some are yucky! Oh, and I recently bought soy "egg nog" (no eggs of course). It had the flavor of the nog okay, but not the thickness. The movie "Fast Food Nation" comes out this week. Planning on taking my pumpkin seeds (of course, movie theater popcorn has butter) and whichever of my kids I can armtwist, and going to see it. Sadly, of the many movie theaters in my area, it is only playing at one. Sharon peter VV <swpgh01 (AT) talk21 (DOT) com> Sent: Wednesday, November 15, 2006 11:57:23 AMRe: URGENT! Animal Enterprise Terrorism Act vot Monday I would like to think we are all family on here. I only eve use soya milk for cereal, nothing else. I tried rice milk but didnt like it. I havent tried any nut milks or oat milks yet, dont see the need I am happy with soy. Nice story about your boy. The Valley Vegan....... ....... . Send instant messages to your online friends http://uk.messenger.

I saw Fast Food Nation and didn't like it at all.-louis stott Friday, November 17, 2006 5:30 pmRe: Soy Milk/Fast Food Nation > soy milk i love to jrink > > jo wrote: Hi Sharon> > I've not seen Fast Food Nation. Let me know what you think of > it. I saw Supersize Me, which was very good.> > Jo> - > Sharon Murch > > Wednesday, November 15, 2006 8:47 PM> Soy Milk/Fast Food Nation> > > Yes, it does seem like family here, wherever you are from. > > I buy the small cartons of soy milk for my vegetarian daughter > to take to school, and I drink them sometimes also. I love > soymilk in my coffee. There are so many different kinds, > though, with such different subtleties of flavoring. Some are > good and some are yucky! Oh, and I recently bought soy "egg > nog" (no eggs of course). It had the flavor of the nog okay, > but not the thickness.> > The movie "Fast Food Nation" comes out this week. Planning on > taking my pumpkin seeds (of course, movie theater popcorn has > butter) and whichever of my kids I can armtwist, and going to > see it. Sadly, of the many movie theaters in my area, it is > only playing at one.> > Sharon> > > > peter VV > > Wednesday, November 15, 2006 11:57:23 AM> Re: URGENT! Animal Enterprise Terrorism > Act vot Monday> > I would like to think we are all family on here.> I only eve use soya milk for cereal, nothing else. I tried > rice milk but didnt like it. I havent tried any nut milks or oat > milks yet, dont see the need I am happy with soy.> Nice story about your boy.> > The Valley Vegan....... .......> > > > > > > .> > > > > > > > > > > > Send instant messages to your online friends > http://uk.messenger. >

what didn't you like about it?

shyswtie28 Nov 20, 2006 4:25 PM Re: Soy Milk/Fast Food Nation I saw Fast Food Nation and didn't like it at all.

History repeats itself

and each time the price gets higher

Thanks - what did you not like?

Jo

-

shyswtie28

Monday, November 20, 2006 9:25 PM

Re: Soy Milk/Fast Food Nation

I saw Fast Food Nation and didn't like it at all.-louis stott Friday, November 17, 2006 5:30 pmRe: Soy Milk/Fast Food Nation > soy milk i love to jrink > > jo wrote: Hi Sharon> > I've not seen Fast Food Nation. Let me know what you think of > it. I saw Supersize Me, which was very good.> > Jo> - > Sharon Murch > > Wednesday, November 15, 2006 8:47 PM> Soy Milk/Fast Food Nation> > > Yes, it does seem like family here, wherever you are from. > > I buy the small cartons of soy milk for my vegetarian daughter > to take to school, and I drink them sometimes also. I love > soymilk in my coffee. There are so many different kinds, > though, with such different subtleties of flavoring. Some are > good and some are yucky! Oh, and I recently bought soy "egg > nog" (no eggs of course). It had the flavor of the nog okay, > but not the thickness.> > The movie "Fast Food Nation" comes out this week. Planning on > taking my pumpkin seeds (of course, movie theater popcorn has > butter) and whichever of my kids I can armtwist, and going to > see it. Sadly, of the many movie theaters in my area, it is > only playing at one.> > Sharon> > > > peter VV > > Wednesday, November 15, 2006 11:57:23 AM> Re: URGENT! Animal Enterprise Terrorism > Act vot Monday> > I would like to think we are all family on here.> I only eve use soya milk for cereal, nothing else. I tried > rice milk but didnt like it. I havent tried any nut milks or oat > milks yet, dont see the need I am happy with soy.> Nice story about your boy.> > The Valley Vegan....... .......> > > > > > > .> > > > > > > > > > > > Send instant messages to your online friends > http://uk.messenger. >

I went to see the movie expecting it to be a documentary. As soon as I saw Greg Kinnear I thought, "Uh oh, it's a Hollywood-type deal." Sure enough, three different stories meshed into one. There was the big head honcho of a fast-food chain called Mickey's out to investigate fecal matter in the "Big One" hamburger patties. Another story was about a Mexican couple crossing the border to find work in America. The married couple get employed at the meat-packing plant where meat for the Big One is from. Another story is about a high school teenager named Amber who disguises herself as a college freshman and meets some environmentalist students, joins their group, and tries to free the cows at the meat-packing plant... after quitting her job at Mickey's. I was disappointed because I was expecting more of an eye-opener. I was hoping it would shock people into really thinking about what they were eating. At the very end I saw the killing floor. I haven't seen Supersize Me but from what I've heard, that seems to be better than this movie.-jo Monday, November 20, 2006 6:45 pmRe: Soy Milk/Fast Food Nation > Thanks - what did you not like?> > Jo> - > shyswtie28 > > Monday, November 20, 2006 9:25 PM> Re: Soy Milk/Fast Food Nation> > > I saw Fast Food Nation and didn't like it at all.> > -> louis stott > Friday, November 17, 2006 5:30 pm> Re: Soy Milk/Fast Food Nation> > > > soy milk i love to jrink > > > > jo wrote: Hi Sharon> > > > I've not seen Fast Food Nation. Let me know what you think > of > > it. I saw Supersize Me, which was very good.> > > > Jo> > - > > Sharon Murch > > > > Wednesday, November 15, 2006 8:47 PM> > Soy Milk/Fast Food Nation> > > > > > Yes, it does seem like family here, wherever you are from. > > > > I buy the small cartons of soy milk for my vegetarian > daughter > > to take to school, and I drink them sometimes also. I love > > soymilk in my coffee. There are so many different kinds, > > though, with such different subtleties of flavoring. Some > are > > good and some are yucky! Oh, and I recently bought soy "egg > > nog" (no eggs of course). It had the flavor of the nog okay, > > but not the thickness.> > > > The movie "Fast Food Nation" comes out this week. Planning > on > > taking my pumpkin seeds (of course, movie theater popcorn > has > > butter) and whichever of my kids I can armtwist, and going > to > > see it. Sadly, of the many movie theaters in my area, it is > > only playing at one.> > > > Sharon> > > > > > > > peter VV > > > > Wednesday, November 15, 2006 11:57:23 AM> > Re: URGENT! Animal Enterprise > Terrorism > > Act vot Monday> > > > I would like to think we are all family on here.> > I only eve use soya milk for cereal, nothing else. I tried > > rice milk but didnt like it. I havent tried any nut milks or > oat > > milks yet, dont see the need I am happy with soy.> > Nice story about your boy.> > > > The Valley Vegan....... .......> > > > > > > > > > > > > > .> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Send instant messages to your online friends > > http://uk.messenger. > > >

I think more people are likely to go and see the movie if it is a "comedy" format rather than a documentary. My daughter actually had to read the book "Fast Food Nation" for her government class in high school a couple of years ago. She kept eating fast food, however. sharonshyswtie28 wrote: I went to see the movie expecting it to be a documentary. As soon as I saw Greg Kinnear I thought, "Uh oh, it's a Hollywood-type deal." Sure enough, three different

stories meshed into one. There was the big head honcho of a fast-food chain called Mickey's out to investigate fecal matter in the "Big One" hamburger patties. Another story was about a Mexican couple crossing the border to find work in America. The married couple get employed at the meat-packing plant where meat for the Big One is from. Another story is about a high school teenager named Amber who disguises herself as a college freshman and meets some environmentalist students, joins their group, and tries to free the cows at the meat-packing plant... after quitting her job at Mickey's. I was disappointed because I was expecting more of an eye-opener. I was hoping it would shock people into really thinking about what they were eating. At the very end I saw the killing floor. I haven't seen Supersize Me but from what I've heard, that seems to be better than this movie.-jo

Monday, November 20, 2006 6:45 pmRe: Soy Milk/Fast Food Nation > Thanks - what did you not like?> > Jo> - > shyswtie28 (AT) optonline (DOT) net > > Monday, November 20, 2006 9:25 PM> Re: Soy Milk/Fast Food Nation> > > I saw Fast Food Nation and didn't like it at all.> > -> louis stott > Friday, November 17, 2006 5:30 pm> Re: Soy Milk/Fast Food Nation> > > > soy milk i love to jrink > > > > jo wrote: Hi Sharon> > > > I've not seen Fast Food Nation. Let me know what you think > of > > it. I saw Supersize Me, which was

very good.> > > > Jo> > - > > Sharon Murch > > > > Wednesday, November 15, 2006 8:47 PM> > Soy Milk/Fast Food Nation> > > > > > Yes, it does seem like family here, wherever you are from. > > > > I buy the small cartons of soy milk for my vegetarian > daughter > > to take to school, and I drink them sometimes also. I love > > soymilk in my coffee. There are so many different kinds, > > though, with such different subtleties of flavoring. Some > are > > good and some are yucky! Oh, and I recently bought soy "egg > > nog" (no eggs of course). It had the flavor of the nog okay, > > but not the thickness.> > > > The movie "Fast Food Nation" comes out this week. Planning

> on > > taking my pumpkin seeds (of course, movie theater popcorn > has > > butter) and whichever of my kids I can armtwist, and going > to > > see it. Sadly, of the many movie theaters in my area, it is > > only playing at one.> > > > Sharon> > > > > > > > peter VV > > > > Wednesday, November 15, 2006 11:57:23 AM> > Re: URGENT! Animal Enterprise > Terrorism > > Act vot Monday> > > > I would like to think we are all family on here.> > I only eve use soya milk for cereal, nothing else. I tried > > rice milk but didnt like it. I havent tried any nut milks or > oat > > milks yet, dont see the need I am happy with soy.> > Nice story about your

boy.> > > > The Valley Vegan....... .......> > > > > > > > > > > > > > .> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Send instant messages to your online friends > > http://uk.messenger. > > >

Check out the all-new Mail beta - Fire up a more powerful email and get things done faster.