IndiaDivine.org

URGENT! Pizza

Rate this topic

Guest guest

sorry..my knowledge of stuff sorta gets real foggy when you pass lake meritt...so, san leandro is out fer me

up here its

Lanesplitter (they have good vegan style pizza..alas, they have sugar in em, and its hit or miss if they use organic sugar or not...i stopped eating there pizza a year ago...)

(two locations, one in berkeley, one in oakland)(and a take out only in albany)

Pizza plaza...on shattuck in oakland..they have a bunch of faux meat vegan pizza's...

small place..heard the only just recently went 100% vegetarian, so no more meat products there (just cheese...)

had a couple vegan pizzas there,..we just like the next place better:

Felinni's..in berkeley on university....

they make a very good vegan pizza..(and great vegan brunch on weekends)...

they use seperate pans for all the vegan stuff

Cafe Rustica

Expensive place up on College in Oakland

maybe 2 vegan pizza's on menu

Sharon Murch Nov 17, 2006 2:59 PM Re: URGENT! Pizza Enterprise Terrorism Act vot Monday

Where are those vegetarian pizza places? Not likely in my neck of the woods ... the great suburbia south of Oakland. I have actually been looking for a recipe to use myself. From the way my son describes the ones at San Francisco State I'm imagining an olive oil-garlic spread over the crust with vegies on top, but I dunno.

Sharon

fraggle <EBbrewpunx Sent: Thursday, November 16, 2006 11:57:04 AMRe: URGENT! Pizza Enterprise Terrorism Act vot Monday

there are a couple vegan pizza places available in the bay area

Sharon Murch Nov 15, 2006 8:25 PM @gro ups.com Re: URGENT! Animal Enterprise Terrorism Act vot Monday

It does seem to be difficult to be a vegan in a teen world ... you know, walking around the streets, going to fast food restaurants. Even the fries are probably fried in animal fat. My son goes to San Francisco State and they have lots of vegan choices there ... vegan pizza and all. I don't think they have those at the local pizza place, which is too darn bad.

Sharon

fraggle <EBbrewpunx@earthlin k.com>@gro ups.comWednesday, November 15, 2006 2:29:13 PMRe: URGENT! Animal Enterprise Terrorism Act vot Monday

there's lots of resistance to going vegan

its different from what everyone else is doing, ergo, then its bad

hard to be singled out

plus, you can't do "what everyone else is doing"

what, you mean i can't just order a pizza?!

different people have different levels of what they view of as "acceptable" behavoir

no one is the same as anyone else

so we all take what we view of as right, and look at it thru our own perspectives

hopefully they will come around

keep plugging!

Sharon Murch Nov 14, 2006 6:34 PM @gro ups.com Re: URGENT! Animal Enterprise Terrorism Act vot Monday

Fraggle, I am absolutely astounded at how thoughtless and hard-hearted even my own children can be. Even my 18-year old son, who is a generally kind and loving person, who sat and watched "Earthlings" with me the other day, went out this morning and had a meat-laden omelet. I do rather believe this one will come along eventually. With me, it's kind of like the light was always there but I had on these dark glasses, and I think he will take his glasses off one day. But even my daughter who has been staunchly vegetarian for over a year resists going vegan.

Why? You tell me. I don't get it.

SharonHistory repeats itself

and each time the price gets higher

History repeats itself

History repeats itself

Why thank you! I've been sick for a few days, just went back to work today, so this evening instead of making dinner I popped a frozen pizza in the oven ... Amy's roasted vegetables no cheese pizza. Not too bad, considering I burned the crust.

Sharon

fraggle <EBbrewpunx Sent: Friday, November 17, 2006 2:38:36 PMRe: URGENT! Pizza

sorry..my knowledge of stuff sorta gets real foggy when you pass lake meritt...so, san leandro is out fer me

up here its

Lanesplitter (they have good vegan style pizza..alas, they have sugar in em, and its hit or miss if they use organic sugar or not...i stopped eating there pizza a year ago...)

Pizza plaza...on shattuck in oakland..they have a bunch of faux meat vegan pizza's...

small place..heard the only just recently went 100% vegetarian, so no more meat products there (just cheese...)

Felinni's..in berkeley on university.. ..

Cafe Rustica

Sharon Murch Nov 17, 2006 2:59 PM @gro ups.com Re: URGENT! Pizza Enterprise Terrorism Act vot Monday

Where are those vegetarian pizza places? Not likely in my neck of the woods ... the great suburbia south of Oakland. I have actually been looking for a recipe to use myself. From the way my son describes the ones at San Francisco State I'm imagining an olive oil-garlic spread over the crust with vegies on top, but I dunno.

Sharon

fraggle <EBbrewpunx@earthlin k.com>@gro ups.comThursday, November 16, 2006 11:57:04 AMRe: URGENT! Pizza Enterprise Terrorism Act vot Monday

Sharon Murch Nov 15, 2006 8:25 PM @gro ups.com Re: URGENT! Animal Enterprise Terrorism Act vot Monday

It does seem to be difficult to be a vegan in a teen world ... you know, walking around the streets, going to fast food restaurants. Even the fries are probably fried in animal fat. My son goes to San Francisco State and they have lots of vegan choices there ... vegan pizza and all. I don't think they have those at the local pizza place, which is too darn bad.

Sharon

fraggle <EBbrewpunx@earthlin k.com>@gro ups.comWednesday, November 15, 2006 2:29:13 PMRe: URGENT! Animal Enterprise Terrorism Act vot Monday

hard to be singled out

different people have different levels of what they view of as "acceptable" behavoir

so we all take what we view of as right, and look at it thru our own perspectives

keep plugging!

Sharon Murch Nov 14, 2006 6:34 PM @gro ups.com Re: URGENT! Animal Enterprise Terrorism Act vot Monday

Fraggle, I am absolutely astounded at how thoughtless and hard-hearted even my own children can be. Even my 18-year old son, who is a generally kind and loving person, who sat and watched "Earthlings" with me the other day, went out this morning and had a meat-laden omelet. I do rather believe this one will come along eventually. With me, it's kind of like the light was always there but I had on these dark glasses, and I think he will take his glasses off one day. But even my daughter who has been staunchly vegetarian for over a year resists going vegan.

History repeats itself

History repeats itself

So, fraggle, how come you write with a British accent?

up here its

Cafe Rustica

Sharon Murch Nov 17, 2006 2:59 PM @gro ups.com Re: URGENT! Pizza Enterprise Terrorism Act vot Monday

Sharon

fraggle <EBbrewpunx@earthlin k.com>@gro ups.comThursday, November 16, 2006 11:57:04 AMRe: URGENT! Pizza Enterprise Terrorism Act vot Monday

Sharon

hard to be singled out

keep plugging!

History repeats itself

History repeats itself

Hang on now, me and Fraggle seem to have had a typing accent transposition? Is this some conspiracy, are we part of some CIA experiment? Bye y`all The Valey Vegan............ Sharon Murch <compassion2grace wrote: So, fraggle, how come you write with a British

accent? fraggle <EBbrewpunx (AT) earthlink (DOT) com> Sent: Friday, November 17, 2006 2:38:36 PMRe: URGENT! Pizza sorry..my knowledge of stuff sorta gets real foggy when you pass lake meritt...so, san leandro is out fer me up here its Lanesplitter (they have good vegan style pizza..alas, they have sugar in em, and its hit or miss if they use organic sugar or not...i stopped eating there pizza a year ago...) (two locations, one in berkeley, one in oakland)(and a take out only in albany) Pizza plaza...on shattuck in oakland..they have a bunch of faux meat vegan pizza's... small place..heard the

only just recently went 100% vegetarian, so no more meat products there (just cheese...) had a couple vegan pizzas there,..we just like the next place better: Felinni's..in berkeley on university.. .. they make a very good vegan pizza..(and great vegan brunch on weekends)... they use seperate pans for all the vegan stuff Cafe Rustica Expensive place up on College in Oakland maybe 2 vegan pizza's on menu Sharon Murch Nov 17, 2006 2:59 PM @gro ups.com Re: URGENT! Pizza Enterprise Terrorism Act vot Monday Where are those vegetarian pizza places? Not likely in my neck of the woods ... the great suburbia south of Oakland. I have actually been looking for a recipe to use myself. From the way my son describes the ones at San Francisco State I'm imagining an olive oil-garlic spread over the crust with vegies on top, but I dunno. Sharon fraggle <EBbrewpunx@earthlin k.com>@gro ups.comThursday, November 16, 2006 11:57:04 AMRe: URGENT! Pizza Enterprise Terrorism Act vot Monday there are a

couple vegan pizza places available in the bay area Sharon Murch Nov 15, 2006 8:25 PM @gro ups.com Re: URGENT! Animal Enterprise Terrorism Act vot Monday It does seem to be difficult to be a vegan in a teen world ... you know, walking around the streets, going to fast food restaurants. Even the fries are probably fried in animal fat. My son goes to San Francisco State and they have lots of vegan choices there ... vegan pizza and all. I don't think they have those at the local pizza place, which is too darn bad. Sharon fraggle <EBbrewpunx@earthlin k.com>@gro ups.comWednesday, November 15, 2006 2:29:13 PMRe: URGENT! Animal Enterprise Terrorism Act vot Monday there's lots of resistance to going vegan its different from what everyone else is doing, ergo, then its bad hard to be singled out plus, you can't do "what everyone else is doing" what, you mean i can't just order a pizza?! different people have different levels of what they view of as "acceptable" behavoir no one is the same as anyone else so

we all take what we view of as right, and look at it thru our own perspectives hopefully they will come around keep plugging! Sharon Murch Nov 14, 2006 6:34 PM @gro ups.com Re: URGENT! Animal Enterprise Terrorism Act vot Monday Fraggle, I am absolutely astounded at how thoughtless and hard-hearted even my own children can be. Even my 18-year old son, who is a generally kind and loving person, who sat and watched "Earthlings" with me the other day, went out this morning and had a meat-laden omelet. I do rather believe this one will come along eventually. With me, it's kind of

like the light was always there but I had on these dark glasses, and I think he will take his glasses off one day. But even my daughter who has been staunchly vegetarian for over a year resists going vegan. Why? You tell me. I don't get it. SharonHistory repeats itself and each time the price gets higher History repeats itself and each time the price gets

higher History repeats itself and each time the price gets higher Peter H

All new Mail "The new Interface is stunning in its simplicity and ease of use." - PC Magazine

Hi Peter

>Hang on now, me and Fraggle seem to have had a typing accent transposition? Is this some conspiracy, are we part of some CIA experiment?

Yeah - and we all missed "talk like a pirate" day...

BB

Peter

Hi Sharon

What is it about the way Fraggle writes that makes you think he uses a British accent? I am still learning American from him!

Jo

-

Sharon Murch

Saturday, November 18, 2006 2:06 AM

Re: URGENT! Pizza

up here its

Cafe Rustica

Sharon

Sharon

hard to be singled out

keep plugging!

History repeats itself

History repeats itself

Probably mutual admiration.

Jo

-

peter VV

Saturday, November 18, 2006 4:30 PM

Hang on now, me and Fraggle seem to have had a typing accent transposition? Is this some conspiracy, are we part of some CIA experiment?

Bye y`all

The Valey Vegan............

Sharon Murch <compassion2grace wrote:

fraggle <EBbrewpunx (AT) earthlink (DOT) com> Sent: Friday, November 17, 2006 2:38:36 PMRe: URGENT! Pizza

up here its

Cafe Rustica

Sharon

Sharon

hard to be singled out

keep plugging!

SharonHistory repeats itself and each time the price gets higher

History repeats itself and each time the price gets

higher

History repeats itself and each time the price gets higher

Peter H

All new Mail "The new Interface is stunning in its simplicity and ease of use." - PC Magazine

Hi Peter

It's a shame we all missed the pirate day - I think that's one thing I could just about do - and enjoy.

BBJo

-

Peter

Saturday, November 18, 2006 6:29 PM

Hi Peter

>Hang on now, me and Fraggle seem to have had a typing accent transposition? Is this some conspiracy, are we part of some CIA experiment?

Yeah - and we all missed "talk like a pirate" day...

BB

Peter

I guess it's the "yer" and the "cheers" that make me hear British accents in his prose.

jo <jo.heartwork Sent: Saturday, November 18, 2006 11:04:08 AMRe: URGENT! Pizza

Hi Sharon

What is it about the way Fraggle writes that makes you think he uses a British accent? I am still learning American from him!

Jo

-

Sharon Murch

@gro ups.com

fraggle <EBbrewpunx@earthlin k.com>@gro ups.comFriday, November 17, 2006 2:38:36 PMRe: URGENT! Pizza

up here its

Cafe Rustica

Sharon

Sharon

hard to be singled out

keep plugging!

History repeats itself

History repeats itself

Yeah, this one was vegan. By pies, you mean pizza I'm guessing?

Okay, odd question here ... I've been pretty sick this week, so last night I was laying curled up shivering with a fever and for some reason that make me think of hospitals. And I was just wondering ... my experience with hospitals as a non-vegetarian was that the food was not all that good or healthy ... can you actually get decent vegan food in the hospital? You know they think gelatin is one of the major food groups and they would never believe it's not vegetarian.

Sharon

jo <jo.heartwork Sent: Saturday, November 18, 2006 11:04:57 AMRe: URGENT! Pizza

Hi Sharon

I found some Amy's pies today when shopping, but unfortunately they had milk, butter and eggs in. Do they make any vegan ones?

Jo

-

Sharon Murch

@gro ups.com

Saturday, November 18, 2006 2:05 AM

Why thank you! I've been sick for a few days, just went back to work today, so this evening instead of making dinner I popped a frozen pizza in the oven ... Amy's roasted vegetables no cheese pizza. Not too bad, considering I burned the crust.

Sharon

fraggle <EBbrewpunx@earthlin k.com>@gro ups.comFriday, November 17, 2006 2:38:36 PMRe: URGENT! Pizza

up here its

Cafe Rustica

Sharon

Sharon

hard to be singled out

keep plugging!

History repeats itself

History repeats itself

HI Sharon

I suppose 'yer' is used in some parts of England - and 'cheers' everywhere :-)

Jo

-

Sharon Murch

Sunday, November 19, 2006 12:52 AM

I guess it's the "yer" and the "cheers" that make me hear British accents in his prose.

Hi Sharon

Jo

-

Sharon Murch

@gro ups.com

up here its

Cafe Rustica

Sharon

Sharon

hard to be singled out

keep plugging!

History repeats itself

History repeats itself

HI Sharon

It was a vegetable pie.

It seems to be impossible to get vegan food in hospitals here in the UK. One of our members went into hospital about two years ago, and had to have food brough in for her. Colin was in hospital a couple of weeks ago and they couldn't offer any vegan food to him.

Jo

-

Sharon Murch

Sunday, November 19, 2006 12:57 AM

Okay, odd question here ... I've been pretty sick this week, so last night I was laying curled up shivering with a fever and for some reason that make me think of hospitals. And I was just wondering ... my experience with hospitals as a non-vegetarian was that the food was not all that good or healthy ... can you actually get decent vegan food in the hospital? You know they think gelatin is one of the major food groups and they would never believe it's not vegetarian.

Sharon

Hi Sharon

I found some Amy's pies today when shopping, but unfortunately they had milk, butter and eggs in. Do they make any vegan ones?

Jo

-

Sharon Murch

@gro ups.com

Sharon

up here its

Cafe Rustica

Sharon

Sharon

hard to be singled out

keep plugging!

History repeats itself

History repeats itself

dunno

just something that happens

my online avatar just seems to "speak" that way

wasn't deliberate

blame all my friends from old blighty....they corrupted me

just like i deliberately mispell words...i spell them how they sound when i speak..ie:skool

dunno why...just always have

i'm strange....

fraggle

oi oi oi

Sharon Murch Nov 17, 2006 9:06 PM Re: URGENT! Pizza

up here its

Cafe Rustica

Sharon

Sharon

hard to be singled out

keep plugging!

History repeats itself

History repeats itself

History repeats itself

after along day of tasting russian river beers, we arrived home saturday nite in no mood to cook

so, we ordered 2 pizza's from pizza plaza

have to say, they've improved....

no meat at all know in their location..tho they still do cheese...

tho, stay away from the salds...they were puny...

cheers

fraggle

Sharon Murch Nov 17, 2006 9:05 PM Re: URGENT! Pizza

Sharon

up here its

Cafe Rustica

Sharon

Sharon

hard to be singled out

keep plugging!

History repeats itself

History repeats itself

History repeats itself

Amy's does have vegan pizza's available on this side of the pond

so they are out there

jo Nov 18, 2006 2:04 PM Re: URGENT! Pizza

Hi Sharon

Jo

-

Sharon Murch

Sharon

up here its

Cafe Rustica

Sharon

Sharon

hard to be singled out

keep plugging!

History repeats itself

History repeats itself

History repeats itself

i started signing off with cheers almost as soon as i got online

habit

Sharon Murch Nov 18, 2006 7:52 PM Re: URGENT! Pizza

Hi Sharon

Jo

-

Sharon Murch

@gro ups.com

up here its

Cafe Rustica

Sharon

Sharon

hard to be singled out

keep plugging!

History repeats itself

History repeats itself

History repeats itself

i've sent some stories about heathful hospital fare over the last few months

i know Kaiser Permanente (of all people) are pushing for more healthful and veg products

the local one in Oakland has a healthfood store built right into the complex

yes.. i remember being trapped in the hospital in '91..and my first meal they brought me chicken broth..when irefused that, they brought me jello

*sigh*

Sharon Murch Nov 18, 2006 7:57 PM Re: URGENT! Pizza

Sharon

Hi Sharon

Jo

-

Sharon Murch

@gro ups.com

Sharon

up here its

Cafe Rustica

Sharon

Sharon

hard to be singled out

keep plugging!

History repeats itself

History repeats itself

History repeats itself

I guess you went hungry then? The Valley Vegan............fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote: i've sent some stories about heathful hospital fare over the last few months i know Kaiser Permanente (of all people) are pushing for more healthful and veg products the local one in Oakland has a healthfood store built right into the complex yes.. i remember being trapped in the hospital in '91..and my first

meal they brought me chicken broth..when irefused that, they brought me jello *sigh* Sharon Murch Nov 18, 2006 7:57 PM Re: URGENT! Pizza Yeah, this one was vegan. By pies, you mean pizza I'm guessing? Okay, odd question here ... I've been pretty sick this week, so last night I was laying curled up shivering with a fever and for some reason that make

me think of hospitals. And I was just wondering ... my experience with hospitals as a non-vegetarian was that the food was not all that good or healthy ... can you actually get decent vegan food in the hospital? You know they think gelatin is one of the major food groups and they would never believe it's not vegetarian. Sharon jo <jo.heartwork > Sent: Saturday, November 18, 2006 11:04:57 AMRe: URGENT! Pizza Hi Sharon I found some Amy's pies today when shopping, but unfortunately they had milk, butter and eggs in. Do they make any vegan ones? Jo - Sharon Murch @gro ups.com Saturday, November 18, 2006 2:05 AM Re: URGENT! Pizza Why thank you! I've been sick for a few days, just went back to work today, so this evening instead of making dinner I popped a frozen pizza in the oven ... Amy's roasted vegetables no cheese pizza. Not too bad, considering I burned the crust. Sharon fraggle <EBbrewpunx@earthlin k.com>@gro ups.comFriday, November 17, 2006 2:38:36 PMRe: URGENT! Pizza sorry..my knowledge of stuff sorta gets real foggy when you pass lake meritt...so, san leandro is out fer me up here its Lanesplitter (they have good vegan style pizza..alas, they have sugar in em, and its hit or miss if they use organic sugar or not...i stopped eating there pizza a year ago...) (two locations, one in berkeley, one in oakland)(and a take out only in albany) Pizza plaza...on shattuck in oakland..they have a bunch of faux meat vegan pizza's... small place..heard the only just recently went 100% vegetarian, so no more meat products there (just cheese...) had a couple vegan pizzas there,..we just like the next place better: Felinni's..in berkeley on university.. .. they make a very good vegan pizza..(and great vegan brunch on weekends)... they use seperate pans for all the vegan stuff Cafe Rustica Expensive place up on College in Oakland maybe 2 vegan pizza's on menu Sharon Murch Nov 17, 2006 2:59 PM @gro ups.com Re: URGENT! Pizza Enterprise Terrorism Act vot Monday Where are those vegetarian pizza places? Not likely in my neck of the woods ... the great suburbia south of Oakland. I have actually been looking for a recipe

to use myself. From the way my son describes the ones at San Francisco State I'm imagining an olive oil-garlic spread over the crust with vegies on top, but I dunno. Sharon fraggle <EBbrewpunx@earthlin k.com>@gro ups.comThursday, November 16, 2006 11:57:04 AMRe: URGENT! Pizza Enterprise Terrorism Act vot Monday there are a couple vegan pizza places available in the bay area Sharon Murch Nov 15, 2006 8:25 PM

@gro ups.com Re: URGENT! Animal Enterprise Terrorism Act vot Monday It does seem to be difficult to be a vegan in a teen world ... you know, walking around the streets, going to fast food restaurants. Even the fries are probably fried in animal fat. My son goes to San Francisco State and they have lots of vegan choices there ... vegan pizza and all. I don't think they have those at the local pizza place, which is too darn bad. Sharon fraggle <EBbrewpunx@earthlin k.com>@gro ups.comWednesday, November 15, 2006 2:29:13 PMRe: URGENT! Animal Enterprise Terrorism Act vot Monday there's lots of resistance to going vegan its different from what everyone else is doing, ergo, then its bad hard to be singled out plus, you can't do "what everyone else is doing" what, you mean i can't just order a pizza?! different people have different levels of what they view of as "acceptable" behavoir no one is the same as anyone else so we all take what we view of as right, and look at it thru our own perspectives hopefully they will come around keep plugging! Sharon Murch Nov 14, 2006 6:34 PM @gro ups.com Re: URGENT! Animal Enterprise Terrorism Act vot Monday Fraggle, I am absolutely astounded at how thoughtless and hard-hearted even my own children can be. Even my 18-year old son, who is a generally kind and loving person, who sat and watched "Earthlings" with me the other day, went out this morning and had a meat-laden omelet. I do rather believe this one will come along eventually. With me, it's kind of like the light was always there but I had on these dark glasses, and I think he will take his glasses off one day. But even my daughter who has been staunchly vegetarian for over a year resists

going vegan. Why? You tell me. I don't get it. SharonHistory repeats itself and each time the price gets higher History repeats itself and each time the price gets higher History repeats itself and each

time the price gets higher History repeats itself and each time the price gets higher Peter H

Send instant messages to your online friends http://uk.messenger.

Wow, '91. Back in the dark ages. How long have you been a vegetarian/vegan? I actually belong to KP. I have had "private" insurance also, and I can't say I found it to be any better. At least at Kaiser they answer the phone, do it pretty quickly, and do it pretty much 24/7. My doctor wants me to come in today for chest ex-rays for my cough that won't go away. How many ex-rays do you have to have before you glow in the dark? I must be getting close, between my broken ankle and my medical doctor's love for the machine.

Sorry, off topic here.

sharon

fraggle <EBbrewpunx Sent: Monday, November 20, 2006 11:06:07 AMRe: URGENT! Pizza

i know Kaiser Permanente (of all people) are pushing for more healthful and veg products

yes.. i remember being trapped in the hospital in '91..and my first meal they brought me chicken broth..when irefused that, they brought me jello

*sigh*

Sharon Murch Nov 18, 2006 7:57 PM @gro ups.com Re: URGENT! Pizza

Sharon

jo <jo.heartwork@ gmail.com>@gro ups.comSaturday, November 18, 2006 11:04:57 AMRe: URGENT! Pizza

Hi Sharon

Jo

-

Sharon Murch

@gro ups.com

Sharon

up here its

Cafe Rustica

Sharon

Sharon

hard to be singled out

keep plugging!

History repeats itself

History repeats itself

History repeats itself

went vegan in '89...didn't last long as it was dang tough since i was basically a step above homelessness..

so fell back to vegetarian..

and did the "learning expereince" trip

went vegan again in 91 er 92..somehwere around then...

Sharon Murch Nov 20, 2006 2:31 PM Re: URGENT! Pizza

Wow, '91. Back in the dark ages. How long have you been a vegetarian/vegan? I actually belong to KP. I have had "private" insurance also, and I can't say I found it to be any better. At least at Kaiser they answer the phone, do it pretty quickly, and do it pretty much 24/7. My doctor wants me to come in today for chest ex-rays for my cough that won't go away. How many ex-rays do you have to have before you glow in the dark? I must be getting close, between my broken ankle and my medical doctor's love for the machine.

Sorry, off topic here.

sharon

fraggle <EBbrewpunx Sent: Monday, November 20, 2006 11:06:07 AMRe: URGENT! Pizza

*sigh*

Sharon

jo <jo.heartwork@ gmail.com>@gro ups.comSaturday, November 18, 2006 11:04:57 AMRe: URGENT! Pizza

Hi Sharon

Jo

-

Sharon Murch

@gro ups.com

Sharon

up here its

Cafe Rustica

Sharon

Sharon

hard to be singled out

keep plugging!

History repeats itself

History repeats itself

History repeats itself

History repeats itself

Have you thought about boosting your immune system to help with your cough? Loads of vit c, maybe some echinacea/goldseal/ginseng? Hope it goes O.K. Dont worry about going off topic, I do it all the time.............. The Valley Vegan.............Sharon Murch <compassion2grace wrote: Wow, '91. Back in the dark ages. How long have you been a vegetarian/vegan? I actually belong to KP. I have had "private" insurance also, and I can't say I found it to be any better. At least at Kaiser they answer the phone, do it pretty quickly, and do it pretty much 24/7. My doctor wants me to come in today for chest ex-rays for my cough that won't go away. How many ex-rays do you have to have before you glow in the dark? I must be getting close, between my broken ankle and my medical doctor's love for the machine. Sorry, off topic here. sharon fraggle <EBbrewpunx (AT) earthlink (DOT) com> Sent: Monday, November 20, 2006 11:06:07 AMRe: URGENT! Pizza i've sent some stories about heathful hospital fare over the last few months i know Kaiser Permanente (of all people) are pushing for more healthful and veg products the local one in Oakland has a healthfood store built right into the complex yes.. i remember being trapped in the hospital in '91..and my first meal they brought me chicken broth..when irefused that, they brought me jello *sigh* Sharon Murch Nov 18, 2006 7:57 PM @gro ups.com Re: URGENT! Pizza Yeah, this one was vegan. By pies, you mean pizza I'm guessing? Okay, odd question here ... I've been pretty sick this week, so last night I was laying curled up shivering with a fever and for some reason that make me think of hospitals. And I was just wondering ... my experience with hospitals as a non-vegetarian was that the food was not all that good or healthy ... can you actually get decent vegan food in the hospital?

You know they think gelatin is one of the major food groups and they would never believe it's not vegetarian. Sharon jo <jo.heartwork@ gmail.com>@gro ups.comSaturday, November 18, 2006 11:04:57 AMRe: URGENT! Pizza Hi Sharon I found some Amy's pies today when shopping, but unfortunately they had milk, butter and eggs in. Do they make any vegan ones? Jo - Sharon Murch @gro ups.com Saturday, November 18, 2006 2:05 AM Re: URGENT! Pizza Why thank you! I've been sick for a few days, just

went back to work today, so this evening instead of making dinner I popped a frozen pizza in the oven ... Amy's roasted vegetables no cheese pizza. Not too bad, considering I burned the crust. Sharon fraggle <EBbrewpunx@earthlin k.com>@gro ups.comFriday, November 17, 2006 2:38:36 PMRe: URGENT! Pizza sorry..my knowledge of stuff sorta gets real foggy when you pass

lake meritt...so, san leandro is out fer me up here its Lanesplitter (they have good vegan style pizza..alas, they have sugar in em, and its hit or miss if they use organic sugar or not...i stopped eating there pizza a year ago...) (two locations, one in berkeley, one in oakland)(and a take out only in albany) Pizza plaza...on shattuck in oakland..they have a bunch of faux meat vegan pizza's... small place..heard the only just recently went 100% vegetarian, so no more meat products there (just cheese...) had a couple vegan pizzas there,..we just like the next place better: Felinni's..in berkeley on university.. .. they make a very good vegan pizza..(and great vegan brunch on weekends)... they use seperate pans for all the vegan stuff Cafe Rustica Expensive place up on College in Oakland maybe 2 vegan pizza's on menu Sharon Murch Nov 17, 2006 2:59 PM @gro ups.com Re: URGENT! Pizza Enterprise Terrorism Act vot Monday Where are those vegetarian pizza places? Not likely in my neck of the woods ... the great suburbia south of Oakland. I have actually been looking for a recipe to use myself. From the way my son describes the ones at San Francisco State I'm imagining an olive oil-garlic spread over the crust with vegies on top, but I dunno. Sharon fraggle <EBbrewpunx@earthlin k.com>@gro ups.comThursday, November 16, 2006 11:57:04 AMRe: URGENT! Pizza Enterprise Terrorism Act vot Monday there are a couple vegan pizza places available in the bay area Sharon Murch Nov 15, 2006 8:25 PM @gro ups.com Re: URGENT! Animal Enterprise Terrorism Act vot Monday It does seem to be difficult to be a vegan in a teen world ... you know, walking around the streets, going to fast food restaurants. Even the fries are probably fried in animal fat. My son goes to San Francisco State and they have lots of vegan choices there ... vegan pizza and all. I don't think they have those at the local pizza place, which is too darn bad. Sharon fraggle <EBbrewpunx@earthlin k.com>@gro ups.comWednesday, November 15, 2006 2:29:13 PMRe: URGENT! Animal Enterprise Terrorism

Act vot Monday there's lots of resistance to going vegan its different from what everyone else is doing, ergo, then its bad hard to be singled out plus, you can't do "what everyone else is doing" what, you mean i can't just order a pizza?! different people have different levels of what they view of as "acceptable" behavoir no one is the same as anyone else so we all take what we view of as right, and look at it thru our own perspectives hopefully they will come around keep plugging! Sharon Murch Nov 14, 2006 6:34 PM @gro ups.com Re: URGENT! Animal Enterprise Terrorism Act vot Monday

Fraggle, I am absolutely astounded at how thoughtless and hard-hearted even my own children can be. Even my 18-year old son, who is a generally kind and loving person, who sat and watched "Earthlings" with me the other day, went out this morning and had a meat-laden omelet. I do rather believe this one will come along eventually. With me, it's kind of like the light was always there but I had on these dark glasses, and I think he will take his glasses off one day. But even my daughter who has been staunchly vegetarian for over a year resists going vegan. Why? You tell me.

I don't get it. SharonHistory repeats itself and each time the price gets higher History repeats itself and each time the price gets higher History repeats itself and each time the price gets higher History repeats itself and each time the price gets higher Peter H

i was in for over a week

(shattered pelvis)

my gurlfriend at the time actually brought me food....

awwwwwww

peter VV Nov 20, 2006 2:20 PM Re: URGENT! Pizza

I guess you went hungry then?

The Valley Vegan............fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote:

*sigh*

Sharon Murch Nov 18, 2006 7:57 PM Re: URGENT! Pizza

Sharon

jo <jo.heartwork > Sent: Saturday, November 18, 2006 11:04:57 AMRe: URGENT! Pizza

Hi Sharon

Jo

-

Sharon Murch

@gro ups.com

Sharon

up here its

Cafe Rustica

Sharon

Sharon

hard to be singled out

keep plugging!

History repeats itself and each

time the price gets higher

Peter H

History repeats itself

I do too often forget the vitamins I mean to take. I do have a good multi, and I have been trying Airborne and Emergen-C. Lungs seem to be the weak spot in my family. Of course, they all smoked ... which means I grew up in a house full of cigarette smoke.

Sharon

peter VV <swpgh01 Sent: Monday, November 20, 2006 11:51:19 AMRe: URGENT! Pizza

Have you thought about boosting your immune system to help with your cough? Loads of vit c, maybe some echinacea/goldseal/ ginseng?

Hope it goes O.K.

Dont worry about going off topic, I do it all the time........ ......

The Valley Vegan....... ......Sharon Murch <compassion2grace@ > wrote:

Sorry, off topic here.

sharon

fraggle <EBbrewpunx@earthlin k.com>@gro ups.comMonday, November 20, 2006 11:06:07 AMRe: URGENT! Pizza

*sigh*

Sharon

Hi Sharon

Jo

-

Sharon Murch

@gro ups.com

Sharon

up here its

Cafe Rustica

Sharon

Sharon

hard to be singled out

keep plugging!

Peter H

Send instant messages to your online friends http://uk.messenger .

I dont take any at all in summer, but do take some ( if I remember ) in winter - a multi vit devised and sold by the vegan society (uk) The Valley Vegan..............Sharon Murch <compassion2grace wrote: I do too often forget the vitamins I mean to take. I do have a good multi, and I have been trying

Airborne and Emergen-C. Lungs seem to be the weak spot in my family. Of course, they all smoked ... which means I grew up in a house full of cigarette smoke. Sharon peter VV <swpgh01 (AT) talk21 (DOT) com> Sent: Monday, November 20, 2006 11:51:19 AMRe: URGENT! Pizza Have you thought about boosting your immune system to help with your cough? Loads of vit c, maybe some echinacea/goldseal/ ginseng? Hope it goes O.K. Dont worry about going off

topic, I do it all the time........ ...... The Valley Vegan....... ......Sharon Murch <compassion2grace@ > wrote: Wow, '91. Back in the dark ages. How long have you been a vegetarian/vegan? I actually belong to KP. I have had "private" insurance also, and I can't say I found it to be any better. At least at Kaiser they answer the phone, do it pretty quickly, and do it pretty much 24/7. My doctor wants me to come in today for chest ex-rays for my cough that won't go away. How many ex-rays do you have to have before you glow in the dark? I must be getting close, between my broken ankle and my

medical doctor's love for the machine. Sorry, off topic here. sharon fraggle <EBbrewpunx@earthlin k.com>@gro ups.comMonday, November 20, 2006 11:06:07 AMRe: URGENT! Pizza i've sent some stories about heathful hospital fare over the last few months i know Kaiser Permanente (of all people) are pushing

for more healthful and veg products the local one in Oakland has a healthfood store built right into the complex yes.. i remember being trapped in the hospital in '91..and my first meal they brought me chicken broth..when irefused that, they brought me jello *sigh* Sharon Murch Nov 18, 2006 7:57 PM @gro ups.com Re: URGENT! Pizza Yeah, this one was vegan. By pies, you mean pizza I'm guessing? Okay, odd question here ... I've been pretty sick this week, so last night I was laying curled up shivering with a fever and for some reason that make me think of hospitals. And I was just wondering ... my experience with hospitals as a non-vegetarian was that the food was not all that good or healthy ... can you actually get decent vegan food in the hospital? You know they think gelatin is one of the major food groups and they would never believe it's not vegetarian. Sharon jo <jo.heartwork@ gmail.com>@gro ups.comSaturday, November 18, 2006 11:04:57

AMRe: URGENT! Pizza Hi Sharon I found some Amy's pies today when shopping, but unfortunately they had milk, butter and eggs in. Do they make any vegan ones? Jo - Sharon Murch @gro ups.com Saturday, November 18, 2006 2:05 AM Re: URGENT! Pizza Why thank you! I've been sick for a few days, just went back to work today, so this evening instead of making dinner I popped a frozen pizza in the oven ... Amy's roasted vegetables no cheese pizza. Not too bad, considering I burned the crust. Sharon fraggle <EBbrewpunx@earthlin k.com>@gro ups.comFriday, November 17, 2006 2:38:36 PMRe: URGENT! Pizza sorry..my knowledge of stuff sorta gets real foggy when you pass lake meritt...so, san leandro is out fer me up here its Lanesplitter (they have good vegan style pizza..alas, they have sugar in em, and its hit or miss if they use organic sugar or not...i stopped eating there pizza a year ago...) (two locations, one in berkeley, one in oakland)(and a take out only in albany) Pizza plaza...on shattuck in oakland..they have a bunch of faux meat vegan pizza's... small place..heard the only just recently went 100% vegetarian, so

no more meat products there (just cheese...) had a couple vegan pizzas there,..we just like the next place better: Felinni's..in berkeley on university.. .. they make a very good vegan pizza..(and great vegan brunch on weekends)... they use seperate pans for all the vegan stuff Cafe Rustica Expensive place up on College in Oakland maybe 2 vegan pizza's on menu Sharon Murch Nov 17, 2006 2:59 PM @gro ups.com Re: URGENT! Pizza Enterprise Terrorism Act vot Monday Where are those

vegetarian pizza places? Not likely in my neck of the woods ... the great suburbia south of Oakland. I have actually been looking for a recipe to use myself. From the way my son describes the ones at San Francisco State I'm imagining an olive oil-garlic spread over the crust with vegies on top, but I dunno. Sharon fraggle <EBbrewpunx@earthlin k.com>@gro ups.comThursday, November 16, 2006 11:57:04 AMRe: URGENT! Pizza Enterprise Terrorism Act vot Monday there are a couple vegan pizza places available in

the bay area Sharon Murch Nov 15, 2006 8:25 PM @gro ups.com Re: URGENT! Animal Enterprise Terrorism Act vot Monday It does seem to be difficult to be a vegan in a teen world ... you know, walking around the streets, going to fast food restaurants. Even the fries are probably fried in animal fat. My son goes to San Francisco State and they have lots of vegan choices there ... vegan pizza and all. I don't think they have those at the local pizza place, which is too darn bad. Sharon fraggle <EBbrewpunx@earthlin k.com>@gro ups.comWednesday, November 15, 2006 2:29:13 PMRe: URGENT! Animal Enterprise Terrorism Act vot Monday there's lots of resistance to going vegan its different from what everyone else is doing, ergo, then its bad hard to be singled out plus, you can't do "what everyone else is doing" what, you mean i can't just order a pizza?! different people have different levels of what they view of as "acceptable" behavoir no one is the same as anyone else so we all take what we view of as right, and

look at it thru our own perspectives hopefully they will come around keep plugging! Sharon Murch Nov 14, 2006 6:34 PM @gro ups.com Re: URGENT! Animal Enterprise Terrorism Act vot Monday Fraggle, I am absolutely astounded at how thoughtless and hard-hearted even my own children can be. Even my 18-year old son, who is a generally kind and loving person, who sat and watched "Earthlings" with me the other day, went out this morning and had a meat-laden omelet. I do rather believe this one will come along eventually. With me, it's kind of like the light was always there but I had

on these dark glasses, and I think he will take his glasses off one day. But even my daughter who has been staunchly vegetarian for over a year resists going vegan. Why? You tell me. I don't get it. SharonHistory repeats itself and each time the price gets higher History repeats itself and each time the price gets higher History repeats itself and each time the price gets higher History repeats itself and each time the price gets higher Peter H Send instant messages to your online friends http://uk.messenger . Peter H

Hi Fraggle

I'll keep looking - I think it is a new brand over here.

Jo

-

fraggle

Monday, November 20, 2006 6:21 PM

Amy's does have vegan pizza's available on this side of the pond

so they are out there

jo Nov 18, 2006 2:04 PM Re: URGENT! Pizza

Hi Sharon

Jo

-

Sharon Murch

Sharon

up here its

Cafe Rustica

Sharon

Sharon

hard to be singled out

keep plugging!

History repeats itself

History repeats itself

History repeats itself