IndiaDivine.org

Torchwood

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I hope you get to see for yourself. As for the Joss Whedon influence????????????? It has been classed as being to Dr Who what Angel was to Buffy by some - bit obvious critique. The Valley Vegan............fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote: well, you have to remember, a lot of TV execs and networks are still well behind the times in what is acceptable for viewing here on TV,as compared with Europe... they have to think of sponsors..and who might scream and try and sue the little i've heard about torchwood here is a. its either coming to Sci Fi next summer, or BBC America b. how it's all influenced by Joss Whedon it wasn't too long ago that the major netoworks edited out things from movies, that made parts of said movie incomprehensible ie: the fart scene in blazing saddles (they edited out the fart noises, but left them rising and then slim pickens coming in complaining)... and the baby ruth scene in caddyshack.... jo Oct 26, 2006 2:25 PM Torchwood Hi Peter (VV) I've just had an email saying that the American SciFi would probably not buy Torchwood because of the excessive swearing. So maybe RTD has gone over the top. Jo As nightfall does not come at once, neither does oppression. In both instances, there's a twilight where everything remains seemingly unchanged, and it is in such twilight that we must be aware of change in the air, however slight, lest we become unwitting victims of the darkness. William O. Douglas Peter H

All new Mail "The new Interface is stunning in its simplicity and ease of use." - PC Magazine

we'll just have to see

don't watch a whole lot of tv....exceot fer like history and learning crap

funny..the only other comment i've heard over here about torchwood was "what, a dr who for adults? about f*cking time!"

hahahahahah

peter VV Oct 26, 2006 1:02 PM Re: Torchwood

I hope you get to see for yourself.

As for the Joss Whedon influence?????????????

It has been classed as being to Dr Who what Angel was to Buffy by some - bit obvious critique.

The Valley Vegan............fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote:

well, you have to remember, a lot of TV execs and networks are still well behind the times in what is acceptable for viewing here on TV,as compared with Europe...

they have to think of sponsors..and who might scream and try and sue

the little i've heard about torchwood here is

a. its either coming to Sci Fi next summer, or BBC America

b. how it's all influenced by Joss Whedon

it wasn't too long ago that the major netoworks edited out things from movies, that made parts of said movie incomprehensible

ie: the fart scene in blazing saddles (they edited out the fart noises, but left them rising and then slim pickens coming in complaining)...

and the baby ruth scene in caddyshack....

jo Oct 26, 2006 2:25 PM Torchwood

Hi Peter (VV)

I've just had an email saying that the American SciFi would probably not buy Torchwood because of the excessive swearing. So maybe RTD has gone over the top.

Jo As nightfall does not come at once, neither does oppression. In both instances, there's a twilight where everything remains seemingly unchanged, and it is in such twilight that we must be aware of change in the air, however slight, lest we become unwitting victims of the darkness. William O. Douglas

Peter H

All new Mail "The new Interface is stunning in its simplicity and ease of use." - PC Magazine

As nightfall does not come at once, neither does oppression. In both instances, there's a twilight where everything remains seemingly unchanged, and it is in such twilight that we must be aware of change in the air, however slight, lest we become unwitting victims of the darkness. William O. Douglas

I must disagree with that. Angel was in loads of episodes of Buffy - a major part of the story. Captain Jack was in only a couple of episodes of Doctor Who, and introduced solely to introduce the new series.

Jo

-

peter VV

Thursday, October 26, 2006 9:02 PM

Re: Torchwood

I hope you get to see for yourself.

As for the Joss Whedon influence?????????????

It has been classed as being to Dr Who what Angel was to Buffy by some - bit obvious critique.

The Valley Vegan............fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote:

well, you have to remember, a lot of TV execs and networks are still well behind the times in what is acceptable for viewing here on TV,as compared with Europe...

they have to think of sponsors..and who might scream and try and sue

the little i've heard about torchwood here is

a. its either coming to Sci Fi next summer, or BBC America

b. how it's all influenced by Joss Whedon

it wasn't too long ago that the major netoworks edited out things from movies, that made parts of said movie incomprehensible

ie: the fart scene in blazing saddles (they edited out the fart noises, but left them rising and then slim pickens coming in complaining)...

and the baby ruth scene in caddyshack....

jo Oct 26, 2006 2:25 PM Torchwood

Hi Peter (VV)

I've just had an email saying that the American SciFi would probably not buy Torchwood because of the excessive swearing. So maybe RTD has gone over the top.

Jo As nightfall does not come at once, neither does oppression. In both instances, there's a twilight where everything remains seemingly unchanged, and it is in such twilight that we must be aware of change in the air, however slight, lest we become unwitting victims of the darkness. William O. Douglas

Peter H

Hi Peter

I was surprised too. Maybe there were some words used in Torchwood

that are considered worse in America.

Jo

, peter VV <swpgh01 wrote:

>

> Somehow I find that unbelieveable , knowing some of the crap that

comes out of the US of A...........

> perhaps they have suddenly become prudes?

>

> The Valley Vegan.............

>

> jo <jo.heartwork wrote:

> v\:* { BEHAVIOR: url (#default#vml) } v\:* {

BEHAVIOR: url (#default#vml) } BA285063-5BCE-11D4-AF8D-

0050DAC67E11 2.0 Letter rice_fields.imf Elegant Paper

Stationery Rice Fields

SU1CTDEsNDEsgUmBSTAkkcGNgZmVTY0wNCxNhYUoiU0kOMEoTYGBjYEoJDSZnSyFhUksSU

1CTDIsMCwsSU1CTDMsMCws cid:F42F7302-51CB-42E1-A3BC-EFF2EAC8C138

repeat #eff3f7 left top ANIM3D00-NONE-0000-0000-000000000000 0

ANIM3D00-NONE-0000-0000-000000000000 1 6486DDE0-3EFD-11D4-BA3D-

0050DAC68030 0 6486DDE0-3EFD-11D4-BA3D-0050DAC68030 1 C3C52140-

4147-11D4-BA3D-0050DAC68030 0 X-ASN,X-ASH,X-AN,X-AP,X-AD ; Hi

Peter (VV)

>

> I've just had an email saying that the American SciFi would

probably not buy Torchwood because of the excessive swearing. So

maybe RTD has gone over the top.

>

> Jo

>

>

>

> Peter H

>

>

> Send instant messages to your online friends

http://uk.messenger.

>

Perhaps they sound worse in a Welsh accent, or maybe they cant understand whats being said! The Valley Vegan................heartwerk <jo.heartwork wrote: Hi PeterI was surprised too. Maybe there were some words used in Torchwood that are considered worse in America.Jo , peter VV wrote:>> Somehow I find that unbelieveable , knowing some of the crap that comes out of the US of A...........> perhaps they have suddenly become prudes?> > The Valley Vegan.............> > jo wrote:> v\:* { BEHAVIOR: url (#default#vml) } v\:* { BEHAVIOR: url (#default#vml) } BA285063-5BCE-11D4-AF8D-0050DAC67E11 2.0 Letter rice_fields.imf Elegant Paper

Stationery Rice Fields SU1CTDEsNDEsgUmBSTAkkcGNgZmVTY0wNCxNhYUoiU0kOMEoTYGBjYEoJDSZnSyFhUksSU1CTDIsMCwsSU1CTDMsMCws cid:F42F7302-51CB-42E1-A3BC-EFF2EAC8C138 repeat #eff3f7 left top ANIM3D00-NONE-0000-0000-000000000000 0 ANIM3D00-NONE-0000-0000-000000000000 1 6486DDE0-3EFD-11D4-BA3D-0050DAC68030 0 6486DDE0-3EFD-11D4-BA3D-0050DAC68030 1 C3C52140-4147-11D4-BA3D-0050DAC68030 0 X-ASN,X-ASH,X-AN,X-AP,X-AD ; Hi Peter (VV)> > I've just had an email saying that the American SciFi would probably not buy Torchwood because of the excessive swearing. So maybe RTD has gone over the top.> > Jo> > > > Peter H > > > Send instant messages to your online friends http://uk.messenger.>To send an email to -

I agree. The Valley Vegan...........jo <jo.heartwork wrote: I must disagree with that. Angel was in loads of episodes of Buffy - a major part of the story. Captain Jack was in only a couple of episodes of Doctor Who, and introduced solely to introduce the new series. Jo - peter

VV Thursday, October 26, 2006 9:02 PM Re: Torchwood I hope you get to see for yourself. As for the Joss Whedon influence????????????? It has been classed as being to Dr Who what Angel was to Buffy by some - bit obvious critique. The Valley Vegan............fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote: well, you have to remember, a lot of TV execs and networks are still well

behind the times in what is acceptable for viewing here on TV,as compared with Europe... they have to think of sponsors..and who might scream and try and sue the little i've heard about torchwood here is a. its either coming to Sci Fi next summer, or BBC America b. how it's all influenced by Joss Whedon it wasn't too long ago that the major netoworks edited out things from movies, that made parts of said movie incomprehensible ie: the fart scene in blazing saddles (they edited out the fart noises, but left them rising and then slim pickens coming in complaining)... and the baby ruth scene in caddyshack.... jo Oct 26, 2006 2:25 PM

Torchwood Hi Peter (VV) I've just had an email saying that the American SciFi would probably not buy Torchwood because of the excessive swearing. So maybe RTD has gone over the top. Jo As nightfall does not come at once, neither does oppression. In both instances, there's a twilight where everything remains seemingly unchanged, and it is in such twilight that we must be aware of change in the air, however slight, lest we become unwitting victims of the darkness. William O. Douglas Peter H All new Mail "The new Interface is stunning in its simplicity and ease of use."

- PC Magazine Peter H

Photos – NEW, now offering a quality print service from just 7p a photo.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Peter / Peter

I just watched Sunday's episode of Torchwood. I thought it was excellent - a bit scary and quite emotional. It would be good to think the rest of the episodes would follow in the same way.

Jo

Which way soppy Peter?

Jo

-

peter VV

Saturday, November 18, 2006 4:39 PM

I have enjoyed every one so far.It was a bit soppy wasnt it?

The Valley Vegan..............jo <jo.heartwork wrote:

Hi Peter / Peter

I just watched Sunday's episode of Torchwood. I thought it was excellent - a bit scary and quite emotional. It would be good to think the rest of the episodes would follow in the same way.

Jo

Peter H

Send instant messages to your online friends http://uk.messenger.

tear jerky. I liked the evil fairies though! The Valley Vegan..........jo <jo.heartwork wrote: Which way soppy Peter? Jo - peter VV Saturday, November 18, 2006 4:39 PM Re: Torchwood I have enjoyed every one so far.It was a bit soppy wasnt it? The Valley Vegan..............jo <jo.heartwork > wrote: Hi Peter / Peter I just watched Sunday's episode of Torchwood. I

thought it was excellent - a bit scary and quite emotional. It would be good to think the rest of the episodes would follow in the same way. Jo Peter H Send instant messages to your online friends http://uk.messenger. Peter H

Hi Peter

Ah - an adult drama, in the proper sense. It showed emotions, which was good. It showed a different side to Captain Jack, which was good. The evil faires were good - done well. I wonder where the idea came from that fairies would be all sweet.

Jo

-

peter VV

Sunday, November 19, 2006 6:24 PM

tear jerky.

I liked the evil fairies though!

The Valley Vegan..........jo <jo.heartwork wrote:

Which way soppy Peter?

Jo

-

peter VV

The Valley Vegan..............jo <jo.heartwork > wrote:

Hi Peter / Peter

Jo

Peter H

Peter H

Last nights episode was a real horror episode, and I thought realy well done, except the charector/actor Tosh seems just so unbelievable to me, dont know why? The Valley Vegan..............jo <jo.heartwork wrote: Hi Peter Ah - an adult drama, in the proper sense. It showed emotions, which was good. It showed a different side to Captain Jack,

which was good. The evil faires were good - done well. I wonder where the idea came from that fairies would be all sweet. Jo - peter VV Sunday, November 19, 2006 6:24 PM Re: Torchwood tear jerky. I liked the evil fairies though! The Valley

Vegan..........jo <jo.heartwork > wrote: Which way soppy Peter? Jo - peter VV Saturday, November 18, 2006 4:39 PM Re:

Torchwood I have enjoyed every one so far.It was a bit soppy wasnt it? The Valley Vegan..............jo <jo.heartwork > wrote: Hi Peter / Peter I just watched Sunday's episode of Torchwood. I thought it was excellent - a bit scary and quite emotional. It would be good to think the rest of the episodes would follow in the same way. Jo Peter H

Send instant messages to your online friends http://uk.messenger. Peter H Send instant messages to your online friends http://uk.messenger. Peter H

i hazard to guess it was a Victorian idea which increased during the 20th century

disneyfication.....

jo Nov 19, 2006 2:40 PM Re: Torchwood

Hi Peter

Ah - an adult drama, in the proper sense. It showed emotions, which was good. It showed a different side to Captain Jack, which was good. The evil faires were good - done well. I wonder where the idea came from that fairies would be all sweet.

Jo

-

peter VV

tear jerky.

Which way soppy Peter?

Jo

-

peter VV

Hi Peter / Peter

Jo

Peter H

Peter H

History repeats itself

and each time the price gets higher

You're probably right Fraggle.

Jo

-

fraggle

Monday, November 20, 2006 8:49 PM

i hazard to guess it was a Victorian idea which increased during the 20th century

disneyfication.....

jo Nov 19, 2006 2:40 PM Re: Torchwood

Hi Peter

Jo

-

peter VV

tear jerky.

Which way soppy Peter?

Jo

-

peter VV

Hi Peter / Peter

Jo

Peter H

Peter H

History repeats itself

and each time the price gets higher

I'll catch one of the other showings then.

Jo

-

peter VV

Monday, November 20, 2006 8:25 PM

Last nights episode was a real horror episode, and I thought realy well done, except the charector/actor Tosh seems just so unbelievable to me, dont know why?

The Valley Vegan..............jo <jo.heartwork wrote:

Hi Peter

Jo

-

peter VV

tear jerky.

The Valley Vegan..........jo <jo.heartwork > wrote:

Which way soppy Peter?

Jo

-

peter VV

Hi Peter / Peter

Jo

Peter H

Peter H

Peter H

Hi Peter

>Last nights episode was a real horror episode, and I thought realy well done, except the

> charector/actor Tosh seems just so unbelievable to me, dont know why?

I find the same with Ianto. But the episode was pretty good...

BB

Peter