IndiaDivine.org

Iraq anyone?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Well, I know it can be a volatile subject, but I'm hoping in this forum it won't be. I am hoping and praying for a swift end to the conflict in Iraq. I am not terribly knowledgeable in matters of politicial science, but I am wondering if there is any likelihood that this could happen. I know we have a new democrat majority in the senate. And I know we are going to have a new secretary of defense. If everything else should remain as it is, is there any possibility that either or both of these changes could result in a withdrawal from Iraq? I'd also like to throw out a couple of things I've heard for comment, since I don't know the basis or veracity of these comments: 1. Someone on the news the other day said that if we withdrew now it would be likely to result in a bloodbath. No elaboration. What are they talking about? Seems like

there is a bit of a bloodbath going on now. 2. I was talking to someone I know, a white woman in her forties, who was raised in Iraq. She said that the country has so many factions they cannot get along, and that Saddam only kept them living in peace because he himself ruled by terror. And a question: I abhor war, think it should never occur. What should the appropriate response be of the world community when dictators arise who terrorize their citizens or conduct genocide? You know, like Hitler. Should we stand by, or do something, and if so, what? I am really interested in everyone's views on these questions. Thanks much for your peaceful and thoughtful responses! peace, sharon

Access over 1 million songs - Music Unlimited.

I think questions 1 and 2 are related with the sunni`s and shia constantly at each others throats even with the coalition forces there it seems unlikely that peace will be forthcoming as the country stands. As to your question, I dont quite get what you are asking? are you saying do we condone violence, or how should we react to it?I think you know the answer to that, personally I think we should speak up against violence and oppression in any form. The Valley Vegan.........Shhhhh <compassion2grace wrote: Well, I know it can be a volatile subject, but I'm hoping in this forum it won't be. I am hoping and praying for a swift end to the conflict in Iraq. I am not terribly knowledgeable in matters of politicial science, but I am wondering if there is any likelihood that this could happen. I know we have a new democrat majority in the senate. And I know we are going to have a new secretary of defense. If everything else should remain as it is, is there any possibility that either or both of these changes could result in a withdrawal from Iraq? I'd also like to throw out a couple of things I've heard for comment, since I don't know the basis or veracity of these comments: 1. Someone on the news the other day said that if we withdrew now it would be likely to result in

a bloodbath. No elaboration. What are they talking about? Seems like there is a bit of a bloodbath going on now. 2. I was talking to someone I know, a white woman in her forties, who was raised in Iraq. She said that the country has so many factions they cannot get along, and that Saddam only kept them living in peace because he himself ruled by terror. And a question: I abhor war, think it should never occur. What should the appropriate response be of the world community when dictators arise who terrorize their citizens or conduct genocide? You know, like Hitler. Should we stand by, or do something, and if so, what? I am really interested in everyone's views on these questions. Thanks much for your peaceful and thoughtful responses! peace, sharon Access over 1 million songs - Music Unlimited. Peter H

Send instant messages to your online friends http://uk.messenger.

On a basic level I was asking for input as to whether or not anybody thinks that there is a possibility for a resolution to this thing in the near future ... whether the new line-up in the senate or a new secretary of defense might make it any more likely we might pull out. I suppose there is room for anybody who thinks we ought not to pull out to say so, although that isn't what I am expecting or asking for. As for the last question, I guess it's just one of those ethical bugaboos. If you believe in peace, how to you confront violence and oppression? peace, sharonpeter VV <swpgh01 wrote: I think questions 1 and 2 are related with the sunni`s and shia constantly at each others throats even with the coalition forces there it seems unlikely that peace will be forthcoming as the country stands. As to your question, I dont quite get what you are asking? are you saying do we condone violence, or how should we react to it?I think you know the answer to that, personally I think we should speak up against violence and oppression in any form. The Valley Vegan.........Shhhhh <compassion2grace > wrote: Well, I

know it can be a volatile subject, but I'm hoping in this forum it won't be. I am hoping and praying for a swift end to the conflict in Iraq. I am not terribly knowledgeable in matters of politicial science, but I am wondering if there is any likelihood that this could happen. I know we have a new democrat majority in the senate. And I know we are going to have a new secretary of defense. If everything else should remain as it is, is there any possibility that either or both of these changes could result in a withdrawal from Iraq? I'd also like to throw out a couple of things I've heard for comment, since I don't know the basis or veracity of these comments: 1. Someone on the news the other day said that if we withdrew now it would be likely to result in a bloodbath. No elaboration. What are they talking about? Seems like there is a

bit of a bloodbath going on now. 2. I was talking to someone I know, a white woman in her forties, who was raised in Iraq. She said that the country has so many factions they cannot get along, and that Saddam only kept them living in peace because he himself ruled by terror. And a question: I abhor war, think it should never occur. What should the appropriate response be of the world community when dictators arise who terrorize their citizens or conduct genocide? You know, like Hitler. Should we stand by, or do something, and if so, what? I am really interested in everyone's views on these questions. Thanks much for your peaceful and thoughtful responses! peace, sharon Access over 1 million songs - Music Unlimited. Peter H Send instant messages to your online friends http://uk.messenger.

My opinion is that the US and UK did not go into Iraq to stop suppression of the people (otherwise we would be in Rwanda) but for power and oil.

I do not think it is a good idea to invade another country.

Jo

-

Shhhhh

Saturday, November 25, 2006 11:53 PM

Re: Iraq anyone?

On a basic level I was asking for input as to whether or not anybody thinks that there is a possibility for a resolution to this thing in the near future ... whether the new line-up in the senate or a new secretary of defense might make it any more likely we might pull out.

I suppose there is room for anybody who thinks we ought not to pull out to say so, although that isn't what I am expecting or asking for.

As for the last question, I guess it's just one of those ethical bugaboos. If you believe in peace, how to you confront violence and oppression?

peace,

sharonpeter VV <swpgh01 wrote:

I think questions 1 and 2 are related with the sunni`s and shia constantly at each others throats even with the coalition forces there it seems unlikely that peace will be forthcoming as the country stands.

As to your question, I dont quite get what you are asking? are you saying do we condone violence, or how should we react to it?I think you know the answer to that, personally I think we should speak up against violence and oppression in any form.

The Valley Vegan.........Shhhhh <compassion2grace > wrote:

Well, I know it can be a volatile subject, but I'm hoping in this forum it won't be. I am hoping and praying for a swift end to the conflict in Iraq. I am not terribly knowledgeable in matters of politicial science, but I am wondering if there is any likelihood that this could happen.

I know we have a new democrat majority in the senate. And I know we are going to have a new secretary of defense. If everything else should remain as it is, is there any possibility that either or both of these changes could result in a withdrawal from Iraq?

I'd also like to throw out a couple of things I've heard for comment, since I don't know the basis or veracity of these comments:

1. Someone on the news the other day said that if we withdrew now it would be likely to result in a bloodbath. No elaboration. What are they talking about? Seems like there is a bit of a bloodbath going on now.

2. I was talking to someone I know, a white woman in her forties, who was raised in Iraq. She said that the country has so many factions they cannot get along, and that Saddam only kept them living in peace because he himself ruled by terror.

And a question:

I abhor war, think it should never occur. What should the appropriate response be of the world community when dictators arise who terrorize their citizens or conduct genocide? You know, like Hitler. Should we stand by, or do something, and if so, what?

I am really interested in everyone's views on these questions. Thanks much for your peaceful and thoughtful responses!

peace,

sharon

Peter H

Send instant messages to your online friends http://uk.messenger.

I agree, the peopel of Iraq are now in such a lawless society, a lot of them were better off and safer under Sadam. The Valley Vegan................jo <jo.heartwork wrote: My opinion is that the US and UK did not go into Iraq to stop suppression of the people (otherwise we would be in Rwanda) but for power and oil. I do not think it is a good idea to invade another country. Jo - Shhhhh Saturday, November 25, 2006 11:53 PM Re: Iraq anyone? On a basic level I was asking for input as to whether or not anybody thinks that there is a possibility for a resolution to this thing in the near future ... whether the new line-up in the senate or a new secretary of defense might make it any

more likely we might pull out. I suppose there is room for anybody who thinks we ought not to pull out to say so, although that isn't what I am expecting or asking for. As for the last question, I guess it's just one of those ethical bugaboos. If you believe in peace, how to you confront violence and oppression? peace, sharonpeter VV <swpgh01 (AT) talk21 (DOT) com> wrote: I think questions 1 and 2 are related with the sunni`s and shia constantly at each others throats even with the coalition forces there it seems unlikely that peace will be forthcoming as the country stands. As to your question, I dont quite get what you are asking? are you saying do we condone violence, or how

should we react to it?I think you know the answer to that, personally I think we should speak up against violence and oppression in any form. The Valley Vegan.........Shhhhh <compassion2grace > wrote: Well, I know it can be a volatile subject, but I'm hoping in this forum it won't be. I am hoping and praying for a swift end to the conflict in Iraq. I am not terribly knowledgeable in matters of politicial science, but I am wondering if there is any likelihood that this could happen. I know we have a new democrat majority in the senate. And I know we are going to have a new secretary of defense. If everything else should remain as it is, is there any possibility that either or both of these changes

could result in a withdrawal from Iraq? I'd also like to throw out a couple of things I've heard for comment, since I don't know the basis or veracity of these comments: 1. Someone on the news the other day said that if we withdrew now it would be likely to result in a bloodbath. No elaboration. What are they talking about? Seems like there is a bit of a bloodbath going on now. 2. I was talking to someone I know, a white woman in her forties, who was raised in Iraq. She said that the country has so many factions they cannot get along, and that Saddam only kept them living in peace because he himself ruled by terror. And a question: I abhor war, think it should never occur. What should the appropriate response be of the world community when dictators arise who terrorize their

citizens or conduct genocide? You know, like Hitler. Should we stand by, or do something, and if so, what? I am really interested in everyone's views on these questions. Thanks much for your peaceful and thoughtful responses! peace, sharon Access over 1 million songs - Music Unlimited. Peter H Send instant messages to your online friends http://uk.messenger. Access over 1 million songs

- Music Unlimited. Peter H

Try the all-new Mail . "The New Version is radically easier to use" – The Wall Street Journal

Yes, I believe that is what I said, based on what my friend who was raised in Iraq observed. peace, sharonpeter VV <swpgh01 wrote: I agree, the peopel of Iraq are now in such a lawless society, a lot of them were better off and safer under Sadam. The Valley Vegan................jo <jo.heartwork > wrote: My opinion is that the US and UK did not go into Iraq to stop suppression of the people (otherwise we would be in Rwanda) but for power and oil. I do not think it is a good idea to invade another country. Jo - Shhhhh Saturday, November

25, 2006 11:53 PM Re: Iraq anyone? On a basic level I was asking for input as to whether or not anybody thinks that there is a possibility for a resolution to this thing in the near future ... whether the new line-up in the senate or a new secretary of defense might make it any more likely we might pull out. I suppose there is room for anybody who thinks we ought not to pull out to say so, although that isn't what I am expecting or asking for. As for the last question, I guess it's just one of those ethical bugaboos. If you believe in peace, how to you confront violence and oppression? peace, sharonpeter VV <swpgh01 (AT) talk21 (DOT) com> wrote: I think questions 1 and 2 are related with the sunni`s and shia constantly at each others throats even with the coalition forces there it seems unlikely that peace will be forthcoming as the country stands. As to your question, I dont quite get what you are asking? are you saying do we condone violence, or how should we react to it?I think you know the answer to that, personally I think we should speak up against violence and oppression in any form. The Valley Vegan.........Shhhhh <compassion2grace > wrote: Well, I know it can be a volatile subject, but I'm hoping in this forum it won't be. I am hoping and praying for a swift end to the conflict in Iraq. I am not terribly

knowledgeable in matters of politicial science, but I am wondering if there is any likelihood that this could happen. I know we have a new democrat majority in the senate. And I know we are going to have a new secretary of defense. If everything else should remain as it is, is there any possibility that either or both of these changes could result in a withdrawal from Iraq? I'd also like to throw out a couple of things I've heard for comment, since I don't know the basis or veracity of these comments: 1. Someone on the news the other day said that if we withdrew now it would be likely to result in a bloodbath. No elaboration. What are they talking about? Seems like there is a bit of a bloodbath going on now. 2. I was talking to someone I know, a white woman in her forties, who was raised in Iraq. She

said that the country has so many factions they cannot get along, and that Saddam only kept them living in peace because he himself ruled by terror. And a question: I abhor war, think it should never occur. What should the appropriate response be of the world community when dictators arise who terrorize their citizens or conduct genocide? You know, like Hitler. Should we stand by, or do something, and if so, what? I am really interested in everyone's views on these questions. Thanks much for your peaceful and thoughtful responses! peace, sharon Access over 1 million songs - Music Unlimited. Peter H Send instant messages to your online friends http://uk.messenger. Access over 1 million songs - Music Unlimited. Peter H Try the all-new Mail . "The New Version is radically easier to use" – The Wall Street Journal

Everyone is raving about the all-new Mail beta.

HI Fraggle

Peter (VV) and I gave short answers, but I think really we didn't want a heated discussion on it.

Jo

-

fraggle

Wednesday, November 29, 2006 8:17 PM

sorry...late to the discussion

is there a question on this, er are we happily finished with it?

History repeats itself

and each time the price gets higher

• 2 weeks later...

Late to the answer as well ... I don't recall seeing too many replies. Do you have an answer? peace, sharonfraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote: sorry...late to the discussion is there a question on this, er are we happily finished with it? History repeats itself and each time the price gets higher

Need a quick answer? Get one in minutes from people who know. Ask your question on

Answers.

No, I don't think we wanted a heated discussion. I don't have a whole lot of time to spend delving into political matters, so I really truly don't know the answers. I would really like to see this war END and SOON. I work at a high school, have worked there for years, and I know a lot of young men who are or will be in harm's way if it doesn't. I am just wondering if there is any actual hope that this could happen. For example, can anybody besides the president end it? peace (really), sharonjo <jo.heartwork wrote: HI Fraggle Peter (VV) and I gave short answers, but I think really we didn't want a heated discussion on it. Jo - fraggle Wednesday, November 29, 2006 8:17 PM Re: Iraq anyone? sorry...late to the discussion is there a question on this, er are we happily finished with it?History repeats itself and each time the price gets higher

No, I don't think we wanted a heated discussion. I don't have a whole lot of time to spend delving into political matters, so I really truly don't know the answers. I would really like to see this war END and SOON. I work at a high school, have worked there for years, and I know a lot of young men who are or will be in harm's way if it doesn't. I am just wondering if there is any actual hope that this could happen. For example, can anybody besides the president end it? peace (really), sharonjo <jo.heartwork wrote: HI Fraggle Peter (VV) and I gave short answers, but I think really we didn't want a heated discussion on it. Jo - fraggle Wednesday, November 29, 2006 8:17 PM Re: Iraq anyone? sorry...late to the discussion is there a question on this, er are we happily finished with it?History repeats itself and each time the price gets higher

Check out the all-new Mail beta - Fire up a more powerful email and get things done faster.

Hi Sharon

I suspect that it can only be the president to end the war - but feel

he won't.

It is a war that should never have happened.

Jo

, Shhhhh <compassion2grace

wrote:

>

> No, I don't think we wanted a heated discussion. I don't have a

whole lot of time to spend delving into political matters, so I

really truly don't know the answers. I would really like to see this

war END and SOON. I work at a high school, have worked there for

years, and I know a lot of young men who are or will be in harm's way

if it doesn't. I am just wondering if there is any actual hope that

this could happen. For example, can anybody besides the president

end it?

>

> peace (really),

> sharon

>

> jo <jo.heartwork wrote:

> HI Fraggle

>

> Peter (VV) and I gave short answers, but I think really we didn't

want a heated discussion on it.

>

> Jo

> -

> fraggle

>

> Wednesday, November 29, 2006 8:17 PM

> Re: Iraq anyone?

>

>

> sorry...late to the discussion

> is there a question on this, er are we happily finished with it?

>

> History repeats itself and each time the price gets higher

>

>

>

>

>

>

> Everyone is raving about the all-new Mail beta.

>

Hi Jo. I was in the grocery store yesterda, and I saw a Time magazine with a cover that read, "The Iraq Study Group says it's time for an exit strategy. Why Bush will listen." So when I get a moment I will read that. I'm praying for an end, and I guess I'm just looking for a candle of hope here. peace, sharonheartwerk <jo.heartwork wrote: Hi SharonI suspect that it can only be the president to end the war - but feel he won't.

It is a war that should never have happened.Jo , Shhhhh <compassion2grace wrote:>> No, I don't think we wanted a heated discussion. I don't have a whole lot of time to spend delving into political matters, so I really truly don't know the answers. I would really like to see this war END and SOON. I work at a high school, have worked there for years, and I know a lot of young men who are or will be in harm's way if it doesn't. I am just wondering if there is any actual hope that this could happen. For example, can anybody besides the president end it?> > peace (really),> sharon> > jo <jo.heartwork wrote:> HI Fraggle> > Peter (VV) and I gave short answers, but I think really we didn't want a heated discussion on it.>

> Jo> - > fraggle > > Wednesday, November 29, 2006 8:17 PM> Re: Iraq anyone?> > > sorry...late to the discussion> is there a question on this, er are we happily finished with it?> > History repeats itself and each time the price gets higher> > > > > > > Everyone is raving about the all-new Mail beta.>

Have a burning question? Go to Answers and get answers from real people who know.

Short answer......No. The Valley Vegan...............Shhhhh <compassion2grace wrote: No, I don't think we wanted a heated discussion. I don't have a whole lot of time to spend delving into political matters, so I really truly don't know the answers. I would really like to see this war END and SOON. I work at a high school, have worked there for years, and I know a lot of young men who are or will be in harm's way if it doesn't. I am just

wondering if there is any actual hope that this could happen. For example, can anybody besides the president end it? peace (really), sharonjo <jo.heartwork > wrote: HI Fraggle Peter (VV) and I gave short answers, but I think really we didn't want a heated discussion on it. Jo - fraggle Wednesday, November 29, 2006 8:17 PM Re: Iraq anyone? sorry...late to the discussion is there a question on this, er are we happily finished with it?History repeats itself and each time the price gets higher Everyone is raving about the all-new Mail beta. Peter H

Try the all-new Mail . "The New Version is radically easier to use" – The Wall Street Journal

ah..the murkiness of politics

technically, there is nothing t o end..only congress can declare war

they just happened to give up that right after sept 11th

but,,..getting the US out of iraq?

i don't see it in the immediate future, unless certain people stand up

peter VV Dec 11, 2006 10:19 AM Re: Iraq anyone?

Short answer......No.

The Valley Vegan...............Shhhhh <compassion2grace wrote:

No, I don't think we wanted a heated discussion. I don't have a whole lot of time to spend delving into political matters, so I really truly don't know the answers. I would really like to see this war END and SOON. I work at a high school, have worked there for years, and I know a lot of young men who are or will be in harm's way if it doesn't. I am just wondering if there is any actual hope that this could happen. For example, can anybody besides the president end it?

peace (really),

sharonjo <jo.heartwork > wrote:

HI Fraggle

Peter (VV) and I gave short answers, but I think really we didn't want a heated discussion on it.

Jo

-

fraggle

is there a question on this, er are we happily finished with it?History repeats itself and each time the price gets higher

Peter H

Try the all-new Mail . "The New Version is radically easier to use" The Wall Street Journal

History repeats itself

Well, I guess an exit plan strategy is in the offing. Whether Bush will take it or not remains to be seen. I'm just gonna keep praying he does. peace, sharonfraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote: ah..the murkiness of politics technically, there is nothing t o end..only congress can declare war they just happened to give up that right after sept 11th but,,..getting the US out of iraq? i

don't see it in the immediate future, unless certain people stand up peter VV Dec 11, 2006 10:19 AM Re: Iraq anyone? Short answer......No. The Valley Vegan...............Shhhhh <compassion2grace > wrote: No, I don't think we wanted a heated discussion. I don't have a whole lot of time to spend delving into political matters, so I really truly don't know the answers. I would really like to see this war END and SOON. I work at a high school, have worked there for years, and I know a lot of young men who are or

will be in harm's way if it doesn't. I am just wondering if there is any actual hope that this could happen. For example, can anybody besides the president end it? peace (really), sharonjo <jo.heartwork > wrote: HI Fraggle Peter (VV) and I gave short answers, but I think really we didn't want a heated discussion on it. Jo - fraggle Wednesday, November 29, 2006 8:17 PM Re: Iraq anyone? sorry...late to the discussion is there a question on this, er are we happily finished with it?History repeats itself and each time the price gets higher Everyone is raving about the all-new Mail beta. Peter H Try the all-new Mail . "The New Version is radically easier to use" – The Wall Street Journal History repeats itself and each time the price gets higher

Want to start your own business? Learn how on Small Business.

one option

congress could refuse to fund it

one of the main reasons the US left vietnam is that congress stopped appropriating funds.

but...thats a hard one for most congress people to swallow nowadays

instantly the folks on the right will brand them "anti-patriotic" and "against the troops"

as if sending kids off to die is "for the troops"

wotever....

fraggle

Shhhhh Dec 11, 2006 9:12 PM Re: Iraq anyone?

Well, I guess an exit plan strategy is in the offing. Whether Bush will take it or not remains to be seen. I'm just gonna keep praying he does.

peace,

sharonfraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote:

Short answer......No.

The Valley Vegan...............Shhhhh <compassion2grace > wrote:

No, I don't think we wanted a heated discussion. I don't have a whole lot of time to spend delving into political matters, so I really truly don't know the answers. I would really like to see this war END and SOON. I work at a high school, have worked there for years, and I know a lot of young men who are or will be in harm's way if it doesn't. I am just wondering if there is any actual hope that this could happen. For example, can anybody besides the president end it?

peace (really),

HI Fraggle

Jo

-

fraggle

is there a question on this, er are we happily finished with it?History repeats itself and each time the price gets higher

Peter H

Try the all-new Mail . "The New Version is radically easier to use" The Wall Street Journal History repeats itself and each time the price gets higher

Want to start your own business? Learn how on Small Business.

History repeats itself

I dunno, cause it seems to me that the majority of people are thinking that we are fighting a losing battle there. Okay, I'm brainless and my daughter took my Time magazine, but a commission just finished their investigation on the situation in Iraq, and they are definitely recommending a planned withdrawal. One of the things they are recommending, which makes sense, is putting responsibility on the Iraquis for keeping their own peace in their own country, and if they don't take matters in hand themselves, the US will speed up its withdrawal of troops. They are supposed to be giving their report later this week. It's hoped that Bush will sit on it for a couple of weeks and then agree to start implementing the suggestions. Meanwhile, I think that if congress started withholding funding, it would be supported by the majority in the country. Remember, I hang out with the conservatives for the most part, and I

don't know anybody who is gung ho to keep sending troops over there. for peace we pray! sharonfraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote: one option congress could refuse to fund it one of the main reasons the US left vietnam is that congress stopped appropriating funds. but...thats a hard one for most congress people to swallow nowadays instantly the folks on the right will brand them

"anti-patriotic" and "against the troops" as if sending kids off to die is "for the troops" wotever.... fraggle Shhhhh Dec 11, 2006 9:12 PM Re: Iraq anyone? Well, I guess an exit plan strategy is in the offing. Whether Bush will take it or not remains to be seen. I'm just gonna keep praying he does. peace, sharonfraggle <EBbrewpunx (AT) earthlink (DOT) com> wrote: ah..the murkiness of politics technically, there is nothing t o end..only congress can declare

war they just happened to give up that right after sept 11th but,,..getting the US out of iraq? i don't see it in the immediate future, unless certain people stand up peter VV Dec 11, 2006 10:19 AM Re: Iraq anyone? Short answer......No. The Valley Vegan...............Shhhhh <compassion2grace > wrote: No, I don't think we wanted a heated discussion. I don't have a whole lot of time to spend delving into political matters, so I really truly don't know the

answers. I would really like to see this war END and SOON. I work at a high school, have worked there for years, and I know a lot of young men who are or will be in harm's way if it doesn't. I am just wondering if there is any actual hope that this could happen. For example, can anybody besides the president end it? peace (really), sharonjo <jo.heartwork > wrote: HI Fraggle Peter (VV) and I gave short answers, but I think really we didn't want a heated discussion on it. Jo - fraggle Wednesday, November 29, 2006 8:17 PM Re: Iraq anyone? sorry...late to the discussion is there a question on this, er are we happily finished with it?History repeats itself and each time the price gets higher Everyone is raving about the all-new Mail beta. Peter H Try the all-new Mail . "The New Version is radically easier to use" – The Wall Street Journal History repeats itself and each time the price gets higher Want to start your own business? Learn how on Small Business. History repeats itself and each time the price gets higher

Cheap Talk? Check out Messenger's low PC-to-Phone call rates.

the report was released last week

it calls for a "withdrawal", but the way its worded, it could take a dozen years

they want to begin a phased pull down, but increase the number of iraqi army trainers

besides..there are 14 permanent bases in iraq

and the US has built the world's largest embassy in baghdad

bushie has zero plan fer withdrawing....

Shhhhh Dec 12, 2006 9:47 AM Re: Iraq anyone?

I dunno, cause it seems to me that the majority of people are thinking that we are fighting a losing battle there. Okay, I'm brainless and my daughter took my Time magazine, but a commission just finished their investigation on the situation in Iraq, and they are definitely recommending a planned withdrawal. One of the things they are recommending, which makes sense, is putting responsibility on the Iraquis for keeping their own peace in their own country, and if they don't take matters in hand themselves, the US will speed up its withdrawal of troops.

They are supposed to be giving their report later this week. It's hoped that Bush will sit on it for a couple of weeks and then agree to start implementing the suggestions. Meanwhile, I think that if congress started withholding funding, it would be supported by the majority in the country. Remember, I hang out with the conservatives for the most part, and I don't know anybody who is gung ho to keep sending troops over there.

for peace we pray!

sharonfraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote:

one option

congress could refuse to fund it

one of the main reasons the US left vietnam is that congress stopped appropriating funds.

but...thats a hard one for most congress people to swallow nowadays

instantly the folks on the right will brand them "anti-patriotic" and "against the troops"

as if sending kids off to die is "for the troops"

wotever....

fraggle

Shhhhh Dec 11, 2006 9:12 PM Re: Iraq anyone?

Well, I guess an exit plan strategy is in the offing. Whether Bush will take it or not remains to be seen. I'm just gonna keep praying he does.

peace,

sharonfraggle <EBbrewpunx (AT) earthlink (DOT) com> wrote:

Short answer......No.

The Valley Vegan...............Shhhhh <compassion2grace > wrote:

peace (really),

HI Fraggle

Jo

-

fraggle

Peter H

Try the all-new Mail . "The New Version is radically easier to use" The Wall Street Journal History repeats itself and each time the price gets higher

Want to start your own business? Learn how on Small Business. History repeats itself and each time the price gets higher

Cheap Talk? Check out Messenger's low PC-to-Phone call rates.

History repeats itself