IndiaDivine.org

Mousies

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Well, I might argue that the cage is full of goodies and warm ... but last April I broke my ankle. It required two surgeries and in between the two surgeries I couldn't put any weight at all on the broken ankle. Because I live in a house on the side of the hill, with 25 stairs (which I learned to negotiate) plus a very steep driveway (which I NEVER learned to negotiate and had to be taken down backwards in a wheelchair to leave home), I ended up becoming a prisoner in my home for ten weeks. I've always loved home. There is no place I'd rather be. But believe me, it didn't take long before claustrophobia, anxiety, depression and every other mental ill set in on me. So I get the point. Freedom is better than the nicest of prisons. peace, sharonfraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote: i'm pretty sure they'd much rather be out and looking about their new home as opposed to sitting a cage Shhhhh Dec 13, 2006 6:31 PM Re: Mousies hehe. Today I got a wonderful contraption called a tin cat. Someone on my bay area veg group recommended it, and I ordered it on-line. Actually came with two of

them. It is ingeniously designed so the mouses can walk in, but can't walk out, and it's big ... it says it holds 30 mice. So I filled one with goodies and put it out in the spot where I've caught all the rest, and I'm putting the other one in the cupboard. So tell me, what do you all think of putting the mice out when it's raining? thanks, sharon peter VV <swpgh01 (AT) talk21 (DOT) com> wrote: I think thats the last you will see of them if its that far away. At least they know the address, so theres no excuse not to write?, but hey you know kids, never call................ The Valley Vegan..............Shhhhh <compassion2grace > wrote: It's a couple of miles away. I've been told you have to take them at least a mile away in order to keep them from finding their way home. Hard to imagine them traversing those streets and hills! But this is one of the things I tell people when they carry on about my crusade to save the mousies ... their instinctive desire to go home says something about them, I think. But whatever. I am crazy, as they keep telling me. peace, sharonpeter VV <swpgh01 (AT) talk21 (DOT) com> wrote: And a lot better than letting them electricute themselves chewing wires! I am glad you have given them their freedom to be mice in a

natural enviroment. I hope they have a good life, but if the lake is close to your property, dont be surprised if they return! The Valley Vegan..............Shhhhh <compassion2grace > wrote: Today I caught two big mousies in one of my little mouse traps. I took them out and let them go at the lake. They didn't take off like bullets like the other mousies did. They kind of stuck their noses out, then put a little foot on the ground to check it out, and then they both kind of walked off into the leaves side by side. Of course, they must be very good friends. In order to get both of themselves caught in the trap they pretty much had to be joined at the hip when they went in. I've caught seven now, and I have a feeling

there's lots more. But this is actually kinda fun. It's certainly much more fun than putting out poison or death traps. peace, sharonfraggle <EBbrewpunx (AT) earthlink (DOT) com> wrote: don't sweat it.. its not like you are taking them out and tossing them into the tundra... this is the bay area they'll be just as happy hiding under some bush eating out of some fast food wrapper that blows that way, as hiding in your kitchen and running from yer hubbies boot they'll be fine except fer of course normal predation er wot have you... -----Original

Message----- Shhhhh Dec 11, 2006 3:23 PM Re: Mousies Well, I understand that sometimes the mice actually kill each other ... that a male will kill another male's babies, and sometimes a female will eat her own young. So obviously I worry more about them than they do about their own kind. But worry I do. That is why I am a vegetarian, you know. History repeats itself and each time the price gets higher Have a burning question? Go to Answers and get answers from real people who know. Peter H Send instant messages to your online friends http://uk.messenger. Access over 1 million songs - Music Unlimited. Peter H The all-new Mail goes wherever you go - free your email address from your Internet provider. Want to start your own business? Learn how on Small Business. History repeats itself and each time the price gets higher

Access over 1 million songs - Music Unlimited.

I think that they are waterproof!, and they will find cover when they need it......... The Valley Vegan............Shhhhh <compassion2grace wrote: hehe. Today I got a wonderful contraption called a tin cat. Someone on my bay area veg group recommended it, and I ordered it on-line. Actually came with two of them. It is ingeniously designed so the mouses can walk in, but can't walk out, and it's big ... it says it holds 30 mice. So I filled

one with goodies and put it out in the spot where I've caught all the rest, and I'm putting the other one in the cupboard. So tell me, what do you all think of putting the mice out when it's raining? thanks, sharon peter VV <swpgh01 (AT) talk21 (DOT) com> wrote: I think thats the last you will see of them if its that far away. At least they know the address, so theres no excuse not to write?, but hey you know kids, never call................ The Valley Vegan..............Shhhhh <compassion2grace > wrote: It's a couple of miles

away. I've been told you have to take them at least a mile away in order to keep them from finding their way home. Hard to imagine them traversing those streets and hills! But this is one of the things I tell people when they carry on about my crusade to save the mousies ... their instinctive desire to go home says something about them, I think. But whatever. I am crazy, as they keep telling me. peace, sharonpeter VV <swpgh01 (AT) talk21 (DOT) com> wrote: And a lot better than letting them electricute themselves chewing wires! I am glad you have given them their freedom to be mice in a natural enviroment. I hope they have a good life, but if the lake is close to your property,

dont be surprised if they return! The Valley Vegan..............Shhhhh <compassion2grace > wrote: Today I caught two big mousies in one of my little mouse traps. I took them out and let them go at the lake. They didn't take off like bullets like the other mousies did. They kind of stuck their noses out, then put a little foot on the ground to check it out, and then they both kind of walked off into the leaves side by side. Of course, they must be very good friends. In order to get both of themselves caught in the trap they pretty much had to be joined at the hip when they went in. I've caught seven now, and I have a feeling there's lots more. But this is actually kinda

fun. It's certainly much more fun than putting out poison or death traps. peace, sharonfraggle <EBbrewpunx (AT) earthlink (DOT) com> wrote: don't sweat it.. its not like you are taking them out and tossing them into the tundra... this is the bay area they'll be just as happy hiding under some bush eating out of some fast food wrapper that blows that way, as hiding in your kitchen and running from yer hubbies boot they'll be fine except fer of course normal predation er wot have you... Shhhhh Sent:

Dec 11, 2006 3:23 PM Re: Mousies Well, I understand that sometimes the mice actually kill each other ... that a male will kill another male's babies, and sometimes a female will eat her own young. So obviously I worry more about them than they do about their own kind. But worry I do. That is why I am a vegetarian, you know. History repeats itself and each time the price gets higher Have a burning question? Go to Answers and get answers from real people who know. Peter H

Send instant messages to your online friends http://uk.messenger. Access over 1 million songs - Music Unlimited. Peter H The all-new Mail goes

wherever you go - free your email address from your Internet provider. Want to start your own business? Learn how on Small Business. Peter H

All New Mail – Tired of Vi@gr@! come-ons? Let our SpamGuard protect you.

Hi Sharon,

You said : "Freedom is better than the nicest of prisons"

So well put and how true!

Teresa

-

Shhhhh

Thursday, December 14, 2006 7:41 PM

Re: Mousies

Well, I might argue that the cage is full of goodies and warm ... but last April I broke my ankle. It required two surgeries and in between the two surgeries I couldn't put any weight at all on the broken ankle. Because I live in a house on the side of the hill, with 25 stairs (which I learned to negotiate) plus a very steep driveway (which I NEVER learned to negotiate and had to be taken down backwards in a wheelchair to leave home), I ended up becoming a prisoner in my home for ten weeks.

I've always loved home. There is no place I'd rather be. But believe me, it didn't take long before claustrophobia, anxiety, depression and every other mental ill set in on me.

So I get the point. Freedom is better than the nicest of prisons.

peace,

sharonfraggle <EBbrewpunx (AT) earthlink (DOT) com> wrote:

i'm pretty sure they'd much rather be out and looking about their new home as opposed to sitting a cage

Shhhhh Dec 13, 2006 6:31 PM Re: Mousies

hehe. Today I got a wonderful contraption called a tin cat. Someone on my bay area veg group recommended it, and I ordered it on-line. Actually came with two of them. It is ingeniously designed so the mouses can walk in, but can't walk out, and it's big ... it says it holds 30 mice. So I filled one with goodies and put it out in the spot where I've caught all the rest, and I'm putting the other one in the cupboard.

So tell me, what do you all think of putting the mice out when it's raining?

thanks,

sharon peter VV <swpgh01 (AT) talk21 (DOT) com> wrote:

I think thats the last you will see of them if its that far away.

At least they know the address, so theres no excuse not to write?, but hey you know kids, never call................

The Valley Vegan..............Shhhhh <compassion2grace > wrote:

It's a couple of miles away. I've been told you have to take them at least a mile away in order to keep them from finding their way home. Hard to imagine them traversing those streets and hills!

But this is one of the things I tell people when they carry on about my crusade to save the mousies ... their instinctive desire to go home says something about them, I think.

But whatever. I am crazy, as they keep telling me.

peace,

sharonpeter VV <swpgh01 (AT) talk21 (DOT) com> wrote:

And a lot better than letting them electricute themselves chewing wires!

I am glad you have given them their freedom to be mice in a natural enviroment. I hope they have a good life, but if the lake is close to your property, dont be surprised if they return!

The Valley Vegan..............Shhhhh <compassion2grace > wrote:

Today I caught two big mousies in one of my little mouse traps. I took them out and let them go at the lake. They didn't take off like bullets like the other mousies did. They kind of stuck their noses out, then put a little foot on the ground to check it out, and then they both kind of walked off into the leaves side by side. Of course, they must be very good friends. In order to get both of themselves caught in the trap they pretty much had to be joined at the hip when they went in.

I've caught seven now, and I have a feeling there's lots more.

But this is actually kinda fun. It's certainly much more fun than putting out poison or death traps.

peace,

sharonfraggle <EBbrewpunx (AT) earthlink (DOT) com> wrote:

don't sweat it..

its not like you are taking them out and tossing them into the tundra...

this is the bay area

they'll be just as happy hiding under some bush eating out of some fast food wrapper that blows that way, as hiding in your kitchen and running from yer hubbies boot

they'll be fine

except fer of course normal predation er wot have you...

Shhhhh Dec 11, 2006 3:23 PM Re: Mousies

Well, I understand that sometimes the mice actually kill each other ... that a male will kill another male's babies, and sometimes a female will eat her own young. So obviously I worry more about them than they do about their own kind. But worry I do. That is why I am a vegetarian, you know.

History repeats itself and each time the price gets higher

Have a burning question? Go to Answers and get answers from real people who know.

Peter H

Send instant messages to your online friends http://uk.messenger.

Peter H

The all-new Mail goes wherever you go - free your email address from your Internet provider.

Want to start your own business? Learn how on Small Business. History repeats itself and each time the price gets higher