IndiaDivine.org

Giorgio Locatelli: You Ask The Questions Christmas Special

Rate this topic

Guest guest

This is from The Independant: I have a vegan friend who is coming to stay over Christmas. Do you have any suggestions for what I can feed her? There are only so many salads one woman can eat. AJ CLARKE, Glasgow I would shoot her before she comes. But if you miss, then here's a plan. Vegan people eat a lot of vegetables, so, again, make them the centre of the dish. I would use eggless pasta to make tortellini with different herbs in it and vegetables. But she shouldn't be sick of salads. That's what vegan people eat! And anyway, there are salads and salads. You can create it with pumpkins and sweet potatoes, and it can be really beautiful, with lots of layers and taste. You can also take carrots and slice them, and take celery and slice it up. You can create all sorts of shapes and textures. Actually, you have to be so creative when you're creating vegan food, and I've got a lot of time for it. We did it for Paul

McCartney a while back. You get involved with the provenance of your ingredients in real detail. It's a lot of work. But if you can make something with real attention, with great nutritional value for a vegan person, it can take up to twice the length of creating a super Michelin-star meal.Peter H

Messenger - with free PC-PC calling and photo sharing.

and here i thought the UK was a vegan friendly sorta place...........

peter VV Dec 14, 2006 12:52 PM Re: Giorgio Locatelli: You Ask The Questions Christmas Special

This is from The Independant:

I have a vegan friend who is coming to stay over Christmas. Do you have any suggestions for what I can feed her? There are only so many salads one woman can eat. AJ CLARKE, Glasgow

I would shoot her before she comes. But if you miss, then here's a plan. Vegan people eat a lot of vegetables, so, again, make them the centre of the dish. I would use eggless pasta to make tortellini with different herbs in it and vegetables. But she shouldn't be sick of salads. That's what vegan people eat! And anyway, there are salads and salads.

You can create it with pumpkins and sweet potatoes, and it can be really beautiful, with lots of layers and taste. You can also take carrots and slice them, and take celery and slice it up. You can create all sorts of shapes and textures.

Actually, you have to be so creative when you're creating vegan food, and I've got a lot of time for it. We did it for Paul McCartney a while back. You get involved with the provenance of your ingredients in real detail. It's a lot of work. But if you can make something with real attention, with great nutritional value for a vegan person, it can take up to twice the length of creating a super Michelin-star meal.

Peter H

History repeats itself

and each time the price gets higher

He is Italian in origin? But no its not very. And celebrity chefs are the worst. Gordon Ramsay has been quoted as saying that he wouldnt let a vegan in any of his restaurants........ The Valley Vegan.............fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote: and here i thought the UK was a vegan friendly sorta place........... peter VV Sent:

Dec 14, 2006 12:52 PM Re: Giorgio Locatelli: You Ask The Questions Christmas Special This is from The Independant: I have a vegan friend who is coming to stay over Christmas. Do you have any suggestions for what I can feed her? There are only so many salads one woman can eat. AJ CLARKE, Glasgow I would shoot her before she comes. But if you miss, then here's a plan. Vegan people eat a lot of vegetables, so, again, make them the centre of the dish. I would use eggless pasta to make tortellini with different herbs in it and vegetables. But she shouldn't be sick of salads. That's what vegan people eat! And anyway, there are salads and salads. You can create it with pumpkins and sweet potatoes, and it can be really beautiful, with lots of layers and taste. You can also take carrots and slice them, and take celery and slice it up. You

can create all sorts of shapes and textures. Actually, you have to be so creative when you're creating vegan food, and I've got a lot of time for it. We did it for Paul McCartney a while back. You get involved with the provenance of your ingredients in real detail. It's a lot of work. But if you can make something with real attention, with great nutritional value for a vegan person, it can take up to twice the length of creating a super Michelin-star meal. Peter H Messenger - with free PC-PC calling and photo sharing. History repeats

itself and each time the price gets higher Peter H

Send instant messages to your online friends http://uk.messenger.

and who is that?

and what time do his places close?

amazing what a little instant glue in a lock can do

peter VV Dec 14, 2006 4:55 PM Re: Giorgio Locatelli: You Ask The Questions Christmas Special

He is Italian in origin?

But no its not very.

And celebrity chefs are the worst. Gordon Ramsay has been quoted as saying that he wouldnt let a vegan in any of his restaurants........

The Valley Vegan.............fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote:

peter VV Dec 14, 2006 12:52 PM Re: Giorgio Locatelli: You Ask The Questions Christmas Special

I have a vegan friend who is coming to stay over Christmas. Do you have any suggestions for what I can feed her? There are only so many salads one woman can eat. AJ CLARKE, Glasgow

I would shoot her before she comes. But if you miss, then here's a plan. Vegan people eat a lot of vegetables, so, again, make them the centre of the dish. I would use eggless pasta to make tortellini with different herbs in it and vegetables. But she shouldn't be sick of salads. That's what vegan people eat! And anyway, there are salads and salads.

You can create it with pumpkins and sweet potatoes, and it can be really beautiful, with lots of layers and taste. You can also take carrots and slice them, and take celery and slice it up. You can create all sorts of shapes and textures.

Actually, you have to be so creative when you're creating vegan food, and I've got a lot of time for it. We did it for Paul McCartney a while back. You get involved with the provenance of your ingredients in real detail. It's a lot of work. But if you can make something with real attention, with great nutritional value for a vegan person, it can take up to twice the length of creating a super Michelin-star meal.

Peter H

Messenger - with free PC-PC calling and photo sharing. History repeats

itself and each time the price gets higher

Peter H

History repeats itself

I must be doing something wrong. I just don't eat much salad. peace, sharonpeter VV <swpgh01 wrote: This is from The Independant: I have a vegan friend who is coming to stay over Christmas. Do you have any suggestions for what I can feed her? There are only so many salads one woman can eat. AJ CLARKE, Glasgow I would shoot her before she comes. But if you miss, then here's a plan. Vegan people eat a lot of vegetables, so,

again, make them the centre of the dish. I would use eggless pasta to make tortellini with different herbs in it and vegetables. But she shouldn't be sick of salads. That's what vegan people eat! And anyway, there are salads and salads. You can create it with pumpkins and sweet potatoes, and it can be really beautiful, with lots of layers and taste. You can also take carrots and slice them, and take celery and slice it up. You can create all sorts of shapes and textures. Actually, you have to be so creative when you're creating vegan food, and I've got a lot of time for it. We did it for Paul McCartney a while back. You get involved with the provenance of your ingredients in real detail. It's a lot of work. But if you can make something with real attention, with great nutritional value for a vegan person, it can take up to twice the length of creating a super Michelin-star meal. Peter H Messenger - with free PC-PC calling and photo sharing.

Have a burning question? Go to Answers and get answers from real people who know.

They never have a good protein content, do they?

Jo

-

peter VV

Thursday, December 14, 2006 8:52 PM

Re: Giorgio Locatelli: You Ask The Questions Christmas Special

Peter H

Most people don't know what a vegan is!

Jo

-

fraggle

Thursday, December 14, 2006 9:44 PM

Peter H

History repeats itself

He deliberately put chicken stock in the meal for one group of vegetarians. Why any veggie/vegan or discerning person would want to eat at his place I don't know.

Jo

-

peter VV

Thursday, December 14, 2006 9:55 PM

He is Italian in origin?

But no its not very.

And celebrity chefs are the worst. Gordon Ramsay has been quoted as saying that he wouldnt let a vegan in any of his restaurants........

The Valley Vegan.............fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote:

Peter H

Messenger - with free PC-PC calling and photo sharing. History repeats

itself and each time the price gets higher

Peter H

Nah, you are probably doing just fine. I dont eat much salad either, and I bet you get more protien than this idiot chefs idea of veganism............ The Valley Vegan............Shhhhh <compassion2grace wrote: I must be doing something wrong. I just don't eat much salad. peace, sharonpeter VV <swpgh01 (AT) talk21 (DOT) com> wrote: This is from The Independant: I have a vegan friend who is coming to stay over Christmas. Do you have any suggestions for what I can feed her? There are only so many salads one woman can eat. AJ CLARKE, Glasgow I would shoot her before she comes. But if you miss, then here's a plan. Vegan people eat a lot of vegetables, so, again, make them the centre of the dish. I would use eggless pasta to make tortellini with different herbs in it and vegetables. But she shouldn't be sick of salads. That's what vegan people eat! And anyway, there are salads and salads. You can create it with pumpkins and sweet potatoes, and it can be really beautiful, with lots of layers and taste. You can also take carrots and slice them, and take celery and slice it up. You can create all sorts of shapes and textures. Actually, you have to be so creative when you're creating vegan

food, and I've got a lot of time for it. We did it for Paul McCartney a while back. You get involved with the provenance of your ingredients in real detail. It's a lot of work. But if you can make something with real attention, with great nutritional value for a vegan person, it can take up to twice the length of creating a super Michelin-star meal. Peter H Messenger - with free PC-PC calling and photo sharing. Have a burning question? Go to Answers and get answers from real people who know. Peter H

I have a tube.............. The Valley Vegan...........fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote: and who is that? and what time do his places close? amazing what a little instant glue in a lock can do peter VV Dec 14, 2006 4:55 PM Re: Giorgio

Locatelli: You Ask The Questions Christmas Special He is Italian in origin? But no its not very. And celebrity chefs are the worst. Gordon Ramsay has been quoted as saying that he wouldnt let a vegan in any of his restaurants........ The Valley Vegan.............fraggle <EBbrewpunx (AT) earthlink (DOT) com> wrote: and here i thought the UK was a vegan friendly sorta place........... peter VV Dec 14, 2006 12:52 PM Re: Giorgio Locatelli: You Ask The Questions Christmas Special This is from The Independant: I

have a vegan friend who is coming to stay over Christmas. Do you have any suggestions for what I can feed her? There are only so many salads one woman can eat. AJ CLARKE, Glasgow I would shoot her before she comes. But if you miss, then here's a plan. Vegan people eat a lot of vegetables, so, again, make them the centre of the dish. I would use eggless pasta to make tortellini with different herbs in it and vegetables. But she shouldn't be sick of salads. That's what vegan people eat! And anyway, there are salads and salads. You can create it with pumpkins and sweet potatoes, and it can be really beautiful, with lots of layers and taste. You can also take carrots and slice them, and take celery and slice it up. You can create all sorts of shapes and textures. Actually, you have to be so creative when you're creating vegan food, and I've got a lot of time for it. We did it for Paul McCartney a while back. You get involved with the

provenance of your ingredients in real detail. It's a lot of work. But if you can make something with real attention, with great nutritional value for a vegan person, it can take up to twice the length of creating a super Michelin-star meal. Peter H Messenger - with free PC-PC calling and photo sharing. History repeats itself and each time the price gets higher Peter H Send instant messages to your online friends http://uk.messenger. History repeats itself and each time the price gets higher Peter H

We are salad maniacs in my house.

We eat tons of leaves of all kinds

My son just turn four. He eats entire bags of spinach.

but the one that is eight, prefers carbohydrates,

he can eat pasta everyday

I am a fruit person, I could be a fruitarian

and my husband loves strange exotic vegetables and fruits.

, Shhhhh <compassion2grace wrote:

>

> I must be doing something wrong. I just don't eat much salad.

>

> peace,

> sharon

>

hi jo,

all vegans should eat something green everyday,

Plants are a very important source of calcium.

, " jo " <jo.heartwork wrote:

>

> They never have a good protein content, do they?

>

> Jo

> -

> peter VV

>

> Thursday, December 14, 2006 8:52 PM

> Re: Giorgio Locatelli: You Ask The Questions

Christmas Special

I agree - I always eat a lot of vegetables and at least two fruits. I just

notice that when we go to a non-vegetarian restaurant the meals are always

just vegetables, and it is best to have a source of protein with it - they

never seem to use beans, lentils, nuts etc.

Jo

-

" flower child " <zurumato

Friday, December 15, 2006 10:14 PM

Re: Giorgio Locatelli: You Ask The Questions Christmas

Special

> hi jo,

>

> all vegans should eat something green everyday,

> Plants are a very important source of calcium.

>

>

> , " jo " <jo.heartwork wrote:

> >

> > They never have a good protein content, do they?

> >

> > Jo

> > -

> > peter VV

> >

> > Thursday, December 14, 2006 8:52 PM

> > Re: Giorgio Locatelli: You Ask The Questions

> Christmas Special

>

>

>

>

> To send an email to -

>

It is truly amazing how much protein we do eat, isn't it? It was such a revelation to know that I not only didn't have to eat meat, I didn't have to eat "protein substitutes," or even beans. peace, sharonpeter VV <swpgh01 wrote: Nah, you are probably doing just fine. I dont eat much salad either, and I bet you get more protien than this idiot chefs idea of veganism............ The Valley

Vegan............Shhhhh <compassion2grace > wrote: I must be doing something wrong. I just don't eat much salad. peace, sharonpeter VV <swpgh01 (AT) talk21 (DOT) com> wrote: This is from The Independant: I have a vegan friend who is coming to stay over Christmas. Do you have any suggestions for what I can feed her? There are only so many salads one woman can eat. AJ CLARKE, Glasgow I would shoot her before she comes. But if you miss, then here's a plan. Vegan people eat a lot of vegetables, so, again, make them the centre of the dish. I would use eggless pasta to make tortellini

with different herbs in it and vegetables. But she shouldn't be sick of salads. That's what vegan people eat! And anyway, there are salads and salads. You can create it with pumpkins and sweet potatoes, and it can be really beautiful, with lots of layers and taste. You can also take carrots and slice them, and take celery and slice it up. You can create all sorts of shapes and textures. Actually, you have to be so creative when you're creating vegan food, and I've got a lot of time for it. We did it for Paul McCartney a while back. You get involved with the provenance of your ingredients in real detail. It's a lot of work. But if you can make something with real attention, with great nutritional value for a vegan person, it can take up to twice the length of creating a super Michelin-star meal. Peter H Messenger - with free PC-PC calling and photo sharing. Have a burning question? Go to Answers and get answers from real people who know. Peter H Send instant messages to your online friends http://uk.messenger.