IndiaDivine.org

God vs Evolution or I will probably get kicked out for offending everyone.

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Anouk,

You don't offend me. I like what you've written--to me, it's very moving.

Carolyn

-

flower child

Thursday, December 14, 2006 9:09 PM

God vs Evolution or I will probably get kicked out for offending everyone.

Hi Peter, yes you are right. Exciting new theories are being explored every dayas to the origins of "Man"The most exciting part is that there are never any conclusions. Science is always evolving, if you will excuse the term. I want to be a walking metamorphosis.Someone who is continuing changing colorsgrasping, forming new theoris shocking myself into acceptance with every shedding of my skin. We shall yet peek at the explosion known as the big bang.I am glad that we are discussing the big questions in life.Darwinism/branches of life was revolutionary it is the accepted waymost leading scientist think. What of the idea that we are a biological and quemical accident?A spontaneous miracle created by the correct condtions. Water. Sun. Energy to turn life on, on this rock third sun. Created by that explosion billions of ages ago when the universestarted expanding. Why? I ask. must there be an intelligent creator?Where is the evidence? If there is a God He/She certainly does not hear our complaints orworries. With all the suffering continously occuring in this world, this God is indiferent. The notion of "God" has changed with every millenium. Why must we have a God to feel complete. And what happens if there is no God? Would it be so terrible.What would we do without a father? Take responsibility for ourselves?And what if the origins of the universe and the end of the universe isthe same thing?and What if, as hard as we our little brains try, we still could notunderstand 1/8 of the grandeur and mystery of the universe?When I ask myself about God I always look up, because for me theuniverse and the question of "God" are inextricably tied, because itwas in that big explosion where everything started. -anouk , "Peter" <metalscarab wrote:>> Hi Anouk> > But it doesn't say that evolution can't occur from that moment on. And I> don't think you'll find that all biologists agree that humanity has> developed fom single celled organisms anyway - the process ofevolution that> has been observed would be way too slow for that to have occcurredwithin> the currently popular view of the age of the universe.> > BB> Peter>

If there were no God, it would not make any difference. We would live and die, and would be no more and therefore wouldn't care. If we had spent our lives believing in a God who didn't exist, there would be nothing lost. peace, sharon flower child <zurumato wrote: Hi Peter, yes you are right. Exciting new theories are being explored every dayas to the origins of "Man"The most exciting part is that there are never any

conclusions. Science is always evolving, if you will excuse the term. I want to be a walking metamorphosis.Someone who is continuing changing colorsgrasping, forming new theoris shocking myself into acceptance with every shedding of my skin. We shall yet peek at the explosion known as the big bang.I am glad that we are discussing the big questions in life.Darwinism/branches of life was revolutionary it is the accepted waymost leading scientist think. What of the idea that we are a biological and quemical accident?A spontaneous miracle created by the correct condtions. Water. Sun. Energy to turn life on, on this rock third sun. Created by that explosion billions of ages ago when the universestarted expanding. Why? I ask. must there be an intelligent creator?Where is the evidence? If there is a God He/She certainly does not hear our complaints orworries.

With all the suffering continously occuring in this world, this God is indiferent. The notion of "God" has changed with every millenium. Why must we have a God to feel complete. And what happens if there is no God? Would it be so terrible.What would we do without a father? Take responsibility for ourselves?And what if the origins of the universe and the end of the universe isthe same thing?and What if, as hard as we our little brains try, we still could notunderstand 1/8 of the grandeur and mystery of the universe?When I ask myself about God I always look up, because for me theuniverse and the question of "God" are inextricably tied, because itwas in that big explosion where everything started. -anouk , "Peter" <metalscarab wrote:>> Hi Anouk> > But it doesn't

say that evolution can't occur from that moment on. And I> don't think you'll find that all biologists agree that humanity has> developed fom single celled organisms anyway - the process ofevolution that> has been observed would be way too slow for that to have occcurredwithin> the currently popular view of the age of the universe.> > BB> Peter>

Need a quick answer? Get one in minutes from people who know. Ask your question on

Answers.

Hi Sharon

>If there were no God, it would not make any difference. We would live and die, and would be no more and therefore wouldn't care. If we had spent our lives

> believing in a God who didn't exist, there would be nothing lost.

That's rather a "black and white" view... it seems to suggest that the only alternative to Christianity is Atheism. Christianity is only one of a vast number of alternatives, and many of us who do not to the Christian viewpoint do believe that there is more to "life" than our physical existence.

BB

Peter

It is not a black and white view at all. You are the one who is

inserting the word Christianity in there. Whatever God you may

believe in, if there is none, there is none. And secondly, I was

not addressing the belief of atheism versus Christianity or anything

else. I was responding to another message, and I was simply saying,

if God ain't there he ain't there whether you believe or not. But

having believed isn't going to hurt you if you were wrong.

peace,

sharon

, " Peter " <metalscarab wrote:

>

> Hi Sharon

>

> >If there were no God, it would not make any difference. We would

live and die, and would be no more and therefore wouldn't care. If

we had spent our lives

> > believing in a God who didn't exist, there would be nothing lost.

>

> That's rather a " black and white " view... it seems to suggest that

the only alternative to Christianity is Atheism. Christianity is

only one of a vast number of alternatives, and many of us who do not

to the Christian viewpoint do believe that there is more

to " life " than our physical existence.

>

> BB

> Peter

>

Hi Sharon,

I do believe in God, I see he/she/it around me everyday.

The occurances that happened 2 thousand years ago,

do not speak to me. I do not agree with Atheists either.

for I believe that anyone who says there is definately no God and that

is the the truth, comes across as arrogant.

because, who is he but a grain of sand in the entire scheme of things

to make such an assured statement

as that. no one can know.

At the same time people who are atheists are some of the most moral

people I've met.

Perhaps I am too skeptical and it is a fault but I do not believe that

Jesus will come down in a cloud, nor that he walked on water, nor

that the sea was parted.

and what really troubles me is the ending of it all, how we will all

die. The punishments and the harsnesh of his words.

The disturbing Revelations, if I do believe in jesus, and go to heaven

then how could I possibly be happy there knowing that my friends are

burning in a lake of fire just because they did not believe in him

even though they were good people.

There is a lot of immorality in the bible, there is kidnap, rape,

murder, incest and these are the good people. God kills innocent

children in the bible.

there are incidences in the bible in which god will bring Plagues to

the people that do not believe in him. I studied the bible as a child.

I am a great believer in pointing out that the emperor has no clothes

and to this date no one has been able to offer logical explanations

justifications for his actions to convince me to put my heart in this.

Those just my beliefs, I am just a housewife.

Everyone is entitled their own and I cannot argue with the reality of

someone else.

-anouk

, Shhhhh <compassion2grace wrote:

>

> If there were no God, it would not make any difference. We would

live and die, and would be no more and therefore wouldn't care. If we

had spent our lives believing in a God who didn't exist, there would

be nothing lost.

>

> peace,

> sharon

>

> flower child <zurumato wrote:

> Hi Peter,

>

Hi Sharon

> It is not a black and white view at all. You are the one who is

> inserting the word Christianity in there. Whatever God you may

> believe in, if there is none, there is none. And secondly, I was

> not addressing the belief of atheism versus Christianity or anything

> else. I was responding to another message, and I was simply saying,

> if God ain't there he ain't there whether you believe or not. But

> having believed isn't going to hurt you if you were wrong.

Many of us believe in divinity rather than deity. The belief in the

existence of deities is not synonymous with the belief in an " after-life " .

BB

Peter

Hi Anouk. As I said earlier, I spent many years as an anti-christian so I understand fully what you are saying and where you are coming from. On the other hand, while I wan an antichristian I was pretty busy creating god in my own image, so to speak ... deciding that "if I was God, this is how I would be." I'm not entirely comfortable with that either. peace, sharonflower child <zurumato wrote: Hi Sharon, I do believe in God, I

see he/she/it around me everyday. The occurances that happened 2 thousand years ago, do not speak to me. I do not agree with Atheists either. for I believe that anyone who says there is definately no God and thatis the the truth, comes across as arrogant.because, who is he but a grain of sand in the entire scheme of thingsto make such an assured statement as that. no one can know. At the same time people who are atheists are some of the most moralpeople I've met. Perhaps I am too skeptical and it is a fault but I do not believe thatJesus will come down in a cloud, nor that he walked on water, northat the sea was parted. and what really troubles me is the ending of it all, how we will alldie. The punishments and the harsnesh of his words. The disturbing Revelations, if I do believe in jesus, and go to heaventhen how could I possibly be happy there knowing that my friends

areburning in a lake of fire just because they did not believe in himeven though they were good people. There is a lot of immorality in the bible, there is kidnap, rape,murder, incest and these are the good people. God kills innocentchildren in the bible. there are incidences in the bible in which god will bring Plagues tothe people that do not believe in him. I studied the bible as a child.I am a great believer in pointing out that the emperor has no clothesand to this date no one has been able to offer logical explanationsjustifications for his actions to convince me to put my heart in this. Those just my beliefs, I am just a housewife.Everyone is entitled their own and I cannot argue with the reality ofsomeone else. -anouk , Shhhhh <compassion2grace wrote:>> If

there were no God, it would not make any difference. We wouldlive and die, and would be no more and therefore wouldn't care. If wehad spent our lives believing in a God who didn't exist, there wouldbe nothing lost.> > peace,> sharon > > flower child <zurumato wrote:> Hi Peter, >

Still, Peter, if they don't exist, they don't exist. But you will probably agree that you are none the worse for it if that turned out to be the case. peace, sharonPeter <metalscarab wrote: Hi Sharon> It is not a black and white view at all. You are the one who is> inserting the word Christianity in there. Whatever God you may> believe in, if there is none, there is none. And secondly, I was> not addressing the belief

of atheism versus Christianity or anything> else. I was responding to another message, and I was simply saying,> if God ain't there he ain't there whether you believe or not. But> having believed isn't going to hurt you if you were wrong.Many of us believe in divinity rather than deity. The belief in theexistence of deities is not synonymous with the belief in an "after-life".BBPeter

Hi Sharon

>Still, Peter, if they don't exist, they don't exist. But you will probably agree that you are none the worse for it if that turned out to be the case.

That of course depends on whether you've been worshipping the right one(s)! I'm remided of a wonderful early Rowan Atkinson sketch - he's playing "the devil", and is welcoming people to hell - as he gets toward the end of the list, he says "and welcome to the Christians... ah yes, the Jews were right"... :-)

BB

Peter

If no God exists, Peter, you couldn't possibly have been worshipping the right one(s). sharonPeter <metalscarab wrote: Hi Sharon >Still, Peter, if they don't exist, they don't exist. But you will probably agree that you are none the worse for it if that turned out to be the case. That of course depends on

whether you've been worshipping the right one(s)! I'm remided of a wonderful early Rowan Atkinson sketch - he's playing "the devil", and is welcoming people to hell - as he gets toward the end of the list, he says "and welcome to the Christians... ah yes, the Jews were right"... :-) BB Peter

Hi Sharon

>If no God exists, Peter, you couldn't possibly have been worshipping the right one(s).

I'm hoping that you're just trying to be clever, 'cos I don't really relish the idea of trying to explain how conversation can develop as it goes along.

BB

Peter

is that that mr. bean guy?

he's very popular in argentina

my children love watching him.

, " Peter " <metalscarab wrote:

>

> Hi Sharon

>

> >Still, Peter, if they don't exist, they don't exist. But you will

probably agree that you are none the worse for it if that turned out

to be the case.

>

> That of course depends on whether you've been worshipping the right

one(s)! I'm remided of a wonderful early Rowan Atkinson sketch - he's

playing " the devil " , and is welcoming people to hell - as he gets

toward the end of the list, he says " and welcome to the Christians...

ah yes, the Jews were right " ... :-)

>

> BB

> Peter

>

Oh, Peter, I thought you were trying to be clever. I was simply setting

forth the possibility that NO God, gods, goddesses, deities, or whatever,

exists. That we are simply a result of electro chemical accidents in the

universe. And that if so, when we die all of our glorious electrical wiring

will stop working, and we will be nothing, nowhere, ashes to ashes, dust to

dust, without consciousness, and that if so, WE WON'T CARE A WHIT ABOUT IT.

BUT, I posited, if we had spent our lives believing in

God/gods/goddesses/deities and they didn't exist, it won't in the end

matter.

So does that make sense now? I go from " if no god exists " and you keep

going back to, " no, what if that god exists. " That falls outside the box of

this particular question.

peace,

sharon

> " Peter " <metalscarab

>

>

>Re: Re: God vs Evolution or I will probably get

>kicked out for offending everyone.

>Sat, 16 Dec 2006 13:25:22 -0000

>

>Hi Sharon

>

> >If no God exists, Peter, you couldn't possibly have been worshipping the

>right one(s).

>

>I'm hoping that you're just trying to be clever, 'cos I don't really relish

>the idea of trying to explain how conversation can develop as it goes

>along.

>

>BB

>Peter

Share your latest news with your friends with the Windows Live Spaces

friends module.

http://clk.atdmt.com/MSN/go/msnnkwsp0070000001msn/direct/01/?href=http://spaces.\

live.com/spacesapi.aspx?wx_action=create & wx_url=/friends.aspx & mk

Hi Anouk

> is that that mr. bean guy?

> he's very popular in argentina

> my children love watching him

It is him, although in the UK he's far better known as Black Adder... :-)

BB

Peter

Its nice to know that when we die we provide for other lifeforms. Potentially wormfood. The Valley Vegan..................Sharon Murch <grace4compassion wrote: Oh, Peter, I thought you were trying to be clever. I was simply setting forth the possibility that NO God, gods, goddesses, deities, or whatever, exists. That we are simply a result of electro chemical accidents in the universe. And that if so, when we die all of our glorious electrical wiring

will stop working, and we will be nothing, nowhere, ashes to ashes, dust to dust, without consciousness, and that if so, WE WON'T CARE A WHIT ABOUT IT. BUT, I posited, if we had spent our lives believing in God/gods/goddesses/deities and they didn't exist, it won't in the end matter.So does that make sense now? I go from "if no god exists" and you keep going back to, "no, what if that god exists." That falls outside the box of this particular question.peace,sharon>"Peter" <metalscarab >> >>Re: Re: God vs Evolution or I will probably get >kicked out for offending everyone.>Sat, 16 Dec 2006 13:25:22

-0000>>Hi Sharon>> >If no God exists, Peter, you couldn't possibly have been worshipping the >right one(s).>>I'm hoping that you're just trying to be clever, 'cos I don't really relish >the idea of trying to explain how conversation can develop as it goes >along.>>BB>Peter________Share your latest news with your friends with the Windows Live Spaces friends module. http://clk.atdmt.com/MSN/go/msnnkwsp0070000001msn/direct/01/?href=http://spaces.live.com/spacesapi.aspx?wx_action=create & wx_url=/friends.aspx & mkPeter H

Send instant messages to your online friends http://uk.messenger.

I`ll bet you do realy! The Valley Vegan............Peter <metalscarab wrote: Hi Sharon >If no God exists, Peter, you couldn't possibly have been worshipping the right one(s). I'm hoping that you're just trying to be clever, 'cos I don't really relish the idea of trying to explain how conversation can develop as it goes

along. BB Peter Peter H

Now you can scan emails quickly with a reading pane. Get the new Mail.

Are you implying that there are right and wrong ones? Like to stay and type but I have t make sure the sun comes up tomorrow. The Valley Vegan..............Shhhhh <compassion2grace wrote: If no God exists, Peter, you couldn't possibly have been worshipping the right one(s). sharonPeter <metalscarab > wrote: Hi Sharon >Still, Peter, if they don't exist, they don't exist. But you will probably agree that you are none the worse for it if that turned out to be the case. That of course depends on whether you've been worshipping the right one(s)! I'm remided of a wonderful early Rowan Atkinson sketch - he's playing "the devil", and is welcoming people to hell - as he gets toward the end of the list, he says "and welcome to the Christians... ah yes, the Jews were right"... :-) BB Peter Peter H

All New Mail – Tired of Vi@gr@! come-ons? Let our SpamGuard protect you.

Peter, Peter, Peter. If there is no God, gods, or goddesses, there could

not possibly be right ones and wrong ones.

Now tell me, seriously ... are you doing this on purpose? Cause I'm

thinking it's probably pretty impossible for you to really not got what I

have been saying.

peace,

sharon

>peter VV <swpgh01

>

>

>Sat, 16 Dec 2006 21:40:57 +0000 (GMT)

>

>Are you implying that there are right and wrong ones?

>

> Like to stay and type but I have t make sure the sun comes up tomorrow.

>

> The Valley Vegan..............

>

>Shhhhh <compassion2grace wrote:

> If no God exists, Peter, you couldn't possibly have been

>worshipping the right one(s).

>

> sharon

>

>Peter <metalscarab wrote:

> Hi Sharon

>

> >Still, Peter, if they don't exist, they don't exist. But you will

>probably agree that you are none the worse for it if that turned out to be

>the case.

>

> That of course depends on whether you've been worshipping the right

>one(s)! I'm remided of a wonderful early Rowan Atkinson sketch - he's

>playing " the devil " , and is welcoming people to hell - as he gets toward

>the end of the list, he says " and welcome to the Christians... ah yes, the

>Jews were right " ... :-)

>

> BB

> Peter

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>Peter H

>

>

>

>

> All New Mail – Tired of Vi@gr@! come-ons? Let our SpamGuard

>protect you.

Get the latest 8.1 Beta version. Join now.

http://ideas.live.com

Doing what on purpose?I was just querying why you were asking if we were worshiping the right ones which seemed to imply that there is such a thing a "the right one" Must go now, as I have to make sure that day turns to night (I dont want to get it wrong) The Valley Vegan.............Sharon Murch <grace4compassion wrote: Peter, Peter, Peter. If there is no God, gods, or goddesses, there could not possibly be right ones and wrong ones.Now tell me, seriously ... are you doing this on purpose? Cause I'm thinking it's probably pretty impossible for you to really not got what I have been saying.peace,sharon>peter VV > >To:

>Re: Re: God vs Evolution or I will probably get >kicked out for offending everyone.>Sat, 16 Dec 2006 21:40:57 +0000 (GMT)>>Are you implying that there are right and wrong ones?>> Like to stay and type but I have t make sure the sun comes up tomorrow.>> The Valley Vegan..............>>Shhhhh wrote:> If no God exists, Peter, you couldn't possibly have been >worshipping the right one(s).>> sharon>>Peter wrote:> Hi Sharon>> >Still, Peter, if they don't exist, they don't exist. But you will >probably agree that you are none the worse for it if that turned out to be >the case.>> That of course depends on whether you've been worshipping the right >one(s)! I'm remided of a wonderful early Rowan

Atkinson sketch - he's >playing "the devil", and is welcoming people to hell - as he gets toward >the end of the list, he says "and welcome to the Christians... ah yes, the >Jews were right"... :-)>> BB> Peter>>>>> >>>>>>>>Peter H>>>>> All New Mail – Tired of Vi@gr@! come-ons? Let our SpamGuard >protect you._______________Get the latest 8.1 Beta version. Join now. http://ideas.live.comTo send an email to -

I didn't make that query. I said if NO god exists, implying that there would

be no right one and no wrong one.

I of course was speaking hypothetically, and not taking your own existence

into account.

So when you finish with the day-night thing, you think you could please end

the war in Iraq, and tell all the mousies in my house to please bug off?

And we could stand for it to be a tad warmer here in the San Francisco Bay

Area. Let's see, what else ....

thank you,

sharon

>peter VV <swpgh01

>

>

>Sun, 17 Dec 2006 14:41:52 +0000 (GMT)

>

>Doing what on purpose?I was just querying why you were asking if we were

>worshiping the right ones which seemed to imply that there is such a thing

>a " the right one "

> Must go now, as I have to make sure that day turns to night (I dont

>want to get it wrong)

>

> The Valley Vegan.............

>

>Sharon Murch <grace4compassion wrote:

> Peter, Peter, Peter. If there is no God, gods, or goddesses, there could

>not possibly be right ones and wrong ones.

>

>Now tell me, seriously ... are you doing this on purpose? Cause I'm

>thinking it's probably pretty impossible for you to really not got what I

>have been saying.

>

>peace,

>sharon

>

>

> >peter VV

> >

> >

> >Re: Re: God vs Evolution or I will probably get

> >kicked out for offending everyone.

> >Sat, 16 Dec 2006 21:40:57 +0000 (GMT)

> >

> >Are you implying that there are right and wrong ones?

> >

> > Like to stay and type but I have t make sure the sun comes up tomorrow.

> >

> > The Valley Vegan..............

> >

> >Shhhhh wrote:

> > If no God exists, Peter, you couldn't possibly have been

> >worshipping the right one(s).

> >

> > sharon

> >

> >Peter wrote:

> > Hi Sharon

> >

> > >Still, Peter, if they don't exist, they don't exist. But you will

> >probably agree that you are none the worse for it if that turned out to

>be

> >the case.

> >

> > That of course depends on whether you've been worshipping the right

> >one(s)! I'm remided of a wonderful early Rowan Atkinson sketch - he's

> >playing " the devil " , and is welcoming people to hell - as he gets toward

> >the end of the list, he says " and welcome to the Christians... ah yes,

>the

> >Jews were right " ... :-)

> >

> > BB

> > Peter

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >Peter H

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > All New Mail – Tired of Vi@gr@! come-ons? Let our SpamGuard

> >protect you.

>

>_______________

>Get the latest 8.1 Beta version. Join now.

>http://ideas.live.com

>

>

>

>To send an email to -

>

Hi Sharon

In case you haven't noticed - there are two Peter's.

Jo

-

" Sharon Murch " <grace4compassion

Saturday, December 16, 2006 11:11 PM

Re: Re: God vs Evolution or I will probably get kicked

out for offending everyone.

> Peter, Peter, Peter. If there is no God, gods, or goddesses, there could

> not possibly be right ones and wrong ones.

>

> Now tell me, seriously ... are you doing this on purpose? Cause I'm

> thinking it's probably pretty impossible for you to really not got what I

> have been saying.

>

> peace,

> sharon

>

>

> >peter VV <swpgh01

> >

> >

> >Sat, 16 Dec 2006 21:40:57 +0000 (GMT)

> >

> >Are you implying that there are right and wrong ones?

> >

> > Like to stay and type but I have t make sure the sun comes up

tomorrow.

> >

> > The Valley Vegan..............

> >

> >Shhhhh <compassion2grace wrote:

> > If no God exists, Peter, you couldn't possibly have been

> >worshipping the right one(s).

> >

> > sharon

> >

> >Peter <metalscarab wrote:

> > Hi Sharon

> >

> > >Still, Peter, if they don't exist, they don't exist. But you will

> >probably agree that you are none the worse for it if that turned out to

be

> >the case.

> >

> > That of course depends on whether you've been worshipping the right

> >one(s)! I'm remided of a wonderful early Rowan Atkinson sketch - he's

> >playing " the devil " , and is welcoming people to hell - as he gets toward

> >the end of the list, he says " and welcome to the Christians... ah yes,

the

> >Jews were right " ... :-)

> >

> > BB

> > Peter

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >Peter H

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > All New Mail - Tired of Vi@gr@! come-ons? Let our SpamGuard

> >protect you.

>

> _______________

> Get the latest 8.1 Beta version. Join now.

> http://ideas.live.com

>

>

>

> To send an email to -

>

Yes, I know that there are two Peters. Did they switch in mid-discussion?

peace,

sharon

> " jo " <jo.heartwork

>

>

>Sun, 17 Dec 2006 22:16:39 -0000

>

>Hi Sharon

>

>In case you haven't noticed - there are two Peter's.

>

>Jo

>

>

>-

> " Sharon Murch " <grace4compassion

>

>Saturday, December 16, 2006 11:11 PM

>kicked

>out for offending everyone.

>

>

> > Peter, Peter, Peter. If there is no God, gods, or goddesses, there

>could

> > not possibly be right ones and wrong ones.

> >

> > Now tell me, seriously ... are you doing this on purpose? Cause I'm

> > thinking it's probably pretty impossible for you to really not got what

>I

> > have been saying.

> >

> > peace,

> > sharon

> >

> >

> > >peter VV <swpgh01

> > >

> > >

> > >Re: Re: God vs Evolution or I will probably get

> > >kicked out for offending everyone.

> > >Sat, 16 Dec 2006 21:40:57 +0000 (GMT)

> > >

> > >Are you implying that there are right and wrong ones?

> > >

> > > Like to stay and type but I have t make sure the sun comes up

>tomorrow.

> > >

> > > The Valley Vegan..............

> > >

> > >Shhhhh <compassion2grace wrote:

> > > If no God exists, Peter, you couldn't possibly have been

> > >worshipping the right one(s).

> > >

> > > sharon

> > >

> > >Peter <metalscarab wrote:

> > > Hi Sharon

> > >

> > > >Still, Peter, if they don't exist, they don't exist. But you will

> > >probably agree that you are none the worse for it if that turned out to

>be

> > >the case.

> > >

> > > That of course depends on whether you've been worshipping the right

> > >one(s)! I'm remided of a wonderful early Rowan Atkinson sketch - he's

> > >playing " the devil " , and is welcoming people to hell - as he gets

>toward

> > >the end of the list, he says " and welcome to the Christians... ah yes,

>the

> > >Jews were right " ... :-)

> > >

> > > BB

> > > Peter

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >Peter H

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > > All New Mail - Tired of Vi@gr@! come-ons? Let our SpamGuard

> > >protect you.

> >

> > _______________

> > Get the latest 8.1 Beta version. Join now.

> > http://ideas.live.com

> >

> >

> >

> > To send an email to -

> >

I think you did.

Jo

-

" Sharon Murch " <grace4compassion

Monday, December 18, 2006 2:06 AM

Re: Re: God vs Evolution or I will probably get kicked

out for offending everyone.

> Yes, I know that there are two Peters. Did they switch in mid-discussion?

>

> peace,

> sharon

>

>

> > " jo " <jo.heartwork

> >

> >

> >Sun, 17 Dec 2006 22:16:39 -0000

> >

> >Hi Sharon

> >

> >In case you haven't noticed - there are two Peter's.

> >

> >Jo

> >

> >

> >-

> > " Sharon Murch " <grace4compassion

> >

> >Saturday, December 16, 2006 11:11 PM

> >kicked

> >out for offending everyone.

> >

> >

> > > Peter, Peter, Peter. If there is no God, gods, or goddesses, there

> >could

> > > not possibly be right ones and wrong ones.

> > >

> > > Now tell me, seriously ... are you doing this on purpose? Cause I'm

> > > thinking it's probably pretty impossible for you to really not got

what

> >I

> > > have been saying.

> > >

> > > peace,

> > > sharon

> > >

> > >

> > > >peter VV <swpgh01

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >Re: Re: God vs Evolution or I will probably get

> > > >kicked out for offending everyone.

> > > >Sat, 16 Dec 2006 21:40:57 +0000 (GMT)

> > > >

> > > >Are you implying that there are right and wrong ones?

> > > >

> > > > Like to stay and type but I have t make sure the sun comes up

> >tomorrow.

> > > >

> > > > The Valley Vegan..............

> > > >

> > > >Shhhhh <compassion2grace wrote:

> > > > If no God exists, Peter, you couldn't possibly have been

> > > >worshipping the right one(s).

> > > >

> > > > sharon

> > > >

> > > >Peter <metalscarab wrote:

> > > > Hi Sharon

> > > >

> > > > >Still, Peter, if they don't exist, they don't exist. But you

will

> > > >probably agree that you are none the worse for it if that turned out

to

> >be

> > > >the case.

> > > >

> > > > That of course depends on whether you've been worshipping the

right

> > > >one(s)! I'm remided of a wonderful early Rowan Atkinson sketch - he's

> > > >playing " the devil " , and is welcoming people to hell - as he gets

> >toward

> > > >the end of the list, he says " and welcome to the Christians... ah

yes,

> >the

> > > >Jews were right " ... :-)

> > > >

> > > > BB

> > > > Peter

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >Peter H

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > All New Mail - Tired of Vi@gr@! come-ons? Let our SpamGuard

> > > >protect you.

> > >

> > > _______________

> > > Get the latest 8.1 Beta version. Join now.

> > > http://ideas.live.com

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > > To send an email to -

> > >

My memory isn't always the best, so I probably didn't catch the switch. It

seems kind of ironic that, although I am a Christian, I am catching the most

resistance for setting forth the possibilities of an argument of no god

existing!

Maybe that should tell me something!

peace,

sharon

> " jo " <jo.heartwork

>

>

>Mon, 18 Dec 2006 17:06:11 -0000

>

>I think you did.

>

>Jo

>

>-

> " Sharon Murch " <grace4compassion

>

>Monday, December 18, 2006 2:06 AM

>kicked

>out for offending everyone.

>

>

> > Yes, I know that there are two Peters. Did they switch in

>mid-discussion?

> >

> > peace,

> > sharon

> >

> >

> > > " jo " <jo.heartwork

> > >

> > >

> > >kicked out for offending everyone.

> > >Sun, 17 Dec 2006 22:16:39 -0000

> > >

> > >Hi Sharon

> > >

> > >In case you haven't noticed - there are two Peter's.

> > >

> > >Jo

> > >

> > >

> > >-

> > > " Sharon Murch " <grace4compassion

> > >

> > >Saturday, December 16, 2006 11:11 PM

> > >kicked

> > >out for offending everyone.

> > >

> > >

> > > > Peter, Peter, Peter. If there is no God, gods, or goddesses, there

> > >could

> > > > not possibly be right ones and wrong ones.

> > > >

> > > > Now tell me, seriously ... are you doing this on purpose? Cause I'm

> > > > thinking it's probably pretty impossible for you to really not got

>what

> > >I

> > > > have been saying.

> > > >

> > > > peace,

> > > > sharon

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > >peter VV <swpgh01

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >Re: Re: God vs Evolution or I will probably

>get

> > > > >kicked out for offending everyone.

> > > > >Sat, 16 Dec 2006 21:40:57 +0000 (GMT)

> > > > >

> > > > >Are you implying that there are right and wrong ones?

> > > > >

> > > > > Like to stay and type but I have t make sure the sun comes up

> > >tomorrow.

> > > > >

> > > > > The Valley Vegan..............

> > > > >

> > > > >Shhhhh <compassion2grace wrote:

> > > > > If no God exists, Peter, you couldn't possibly have

>been

> > > > >worshipping the right one(s).

> > > > >

> > > > > sharon

> > > > >

> > > > >Peter <metalscarab wrote:

> > > > > Hi Sharon

> > > > >

> > > > > >Still, Peter, if they don't exist, they don't exist. But you

>will

> > > > >probably agree that you are none the worse for it if that turned

>out

>to

> > >be

> > > > >the case.

> > > > >

> > > > > That of course depends on whether you've been worshipping the

>right

> > > > >one(s)! I'm remided of a wonderful early Rowan Atkinson sketch -

>he's

> > > > >playing " the devil " , and is welcoming people to hell - as he gets

> > >toward

> > > > >the end of the list, he says " and welcome to the Christians... ah

>yes,

> > >the

> > > > >Jews were right " ... :-)

> > > > >

> > > > > BB

> > > > > Peter

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >Peter H

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > All New Mail - Tired of Vi@gr@! come-ons? Let our

>SpamGuard

> > > > >protect you.

> > > >

> > > > _______________

> > > > Get the latest 8.1 Beta version. Join now.

> > > > http://ideas.live.com

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > To send an email to

>-

> > > >

Sorry, I can only do weather at the moment. The Valley Vegan............Sharon Murch <grace4compassion wrote: I didn't make that query. I said if NO god exists, implying that there would be no right one and no wrong one.I of course was speaking hypothetically, and not taking your own existence into account.So when you finish with the day-night thing, you think you could please end the war in Iraq, and tell all the mousies in my house to please bug off? And we could stand for it to be a tad warmer here in the San Francisco Bay Area. Let's see, what else ....thank you,sharon>peter VV > > >Re: Re: God

vs Evolution or I will probably get >kicked out for offending everyone.>Sun, 17 Dec 2006 14:41:52 +0000 (GMT)>>Doing what on purpose?I was just querying why you were asking if we were >worshiping the right ones which seemed to imply that there is such a thing >a "the right one"> Must go now, as I have to make sure that day turns to night (I dont >want to get it wrong)>> The Valley Vegan.............>>Sharon Murch wrote:> Peter, Peter, Peter. If there is no God, gods, or goddesses, there could>not possibly be right ones and wrong ones.>>Now tell me, seriously ... are you doing this on purpose? Cause I'm>thinking it's probably pretty impossible for you to really not got what I>have been saying.>>peace,>sharon>>> >peter VV> >

> > > >Re: Re: God vs Evolution or I will probably get> >kicked out for offending everyone.> >Sat, 16 Dec 2006 21:40:57 +0000 (GMT)> >> >Are you implying that there are right and wrong ones?> >> > Like to stay and type but I have t make sure the sun comes up tomorrow.> >> > The Valley Vegan..............> >> >Shhhhh wrote:> > If no God exists, Peter, you couldn't possibly have been> >worshipping the right one(s).> >> > sharon> >> >Peter wrote:> > Hi Sharon> >> > >Still, Peter, if they don't exist, they don't exist. But you will> >probably agree that you are none the worse for it if that turned out to >be> >the case.> >> > That of course

depends on whether you've been worshipping the right> >one(s)! I'm remided of a wonderful early Rowan Atkinson sketch - he's> >playing "the devil", and is welcoming people to hell - as he gets toward> >the end of the list, he says "and welcome to the Christians... ah yes, >the> >Jews were right"... :-)> >> > BB> > Peter> >> >> >> >> > > >> >> >> >> >> >> >> >Peter H> >> >> >> >> > All New Mail – Tired of Vi@gr@! come-ons? Let our SpamGuard> >protect

you.>>_______________>Get the latest 8.1 Beta version. Join now.>http://ideas.live.com>>>>To send an email to - >