IndiaDivine.org

Gods Evolution

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I used to go to Sunday school every sunday from age 3 to 12, when I expressed a disbelief. My parents were both Christians and my father regularly attended chapel every week. What bothers me is that when a catastophy happens and life is taken, that the priests,preachers etc try and justify it with lame excuses . When I saw the rows of childrens graves in Aberfan, I lost my faith such as it was at the time. Dont get me wrong, I still believe that there may be a higher cosmic concousness, call it Baal, GOD, whatever, I just dont believe ( and never did ) a single word of the old testament. The Valley Vegan................ The Valley Vegan.......... flower child <zurumato wrote: Hi Peter, yes you are right. Exciting new theories are being explored every dayas to the origins of "Man"The most exciting part is that there are never any conclusions. Science is always evolving, if you will excuse the term. I want to be a walking metamorphosis.Someone who is continuing changing colorsgrasping, forming new theoris shocking myself into acceptance with every shedding of my skin. We shall yet peek at the explosion known as the big bang.I am glad that we are discussing the big questions in life.Darwinism/branches of life was revolutionary it is

the accepted waymost leading scientist think. What of the idea that we are a biological and quemical accident?A spontaneous miracle created by the correct condtions. Water. Sun. Energy to turn life on, on this rock third sun. Created by that explosion billions of ages ago when the universestarted expanding. Why? I ask. must there be an intelligent creator?Where is the evidence? If there is a God He/She certainly does not hear our complaints orworries. With all the suffering continously occuring in this world, this God is indiferent. The notion of "God" has changed with every millenium. Why must we have a God to feel complete. And what happens if there is no God? Would it be so terrible.What would we do without a father? Take responsibility for ourselves?And what if the origins of the universe and the end of the universe isthe same thing?and What if, as

hard as we our little brains try, we still could notunderstand 1/8 of the grandeur and mystery of the universe?When I ask myself about God I always look up, because for me theuniverse and the question of "God" are inextricably tied, because itwas in that big explosion where everything started. -anouk , "Peter" <metalscarab wrote:>> Hi Anouk> > But it doesn't say that evolution can't occur from that moment on. And I> don't think you'll find that all biologists agree that humanity has> developed fom single celled organisms anyway - the process ofevolution that> has been observed would be way too slow for that to have occcurredwithin> the currently popular view of the age of the universe.> > BB>

Peter>Peter H

All New Mail – Tired of Vi@gr@! come-ons? Let our SpamGuard protect you.

My 9-year old daughter was kidnapped by a stranger in 1988 and has never been found. I am familiar with catastrophe, heartache, and suffering right up close and personal. What I ask is why the fact that there is suffering in the world negates believe in a personal God? It just doesn't. If it is okay for Buddhism to embrace this fact, why is it not okay for Christianity? peace, sharonpeter VV <swpgh01 wrote: I used to go to Sunday

school every sunday from age 3 to 12, when I expressed a disbelief. My parents were both Christians and my father regularly attended chapel every week. What bothers me is that when a catastophy happens and life is taken, that the priests,preachers etc try and justify it with lame excuses . When I saw the rows of childrens graves in Aberfan, I lost my faith such as it was at the time. Dont get me wrong, I still believe that there may be a higher cosmic concousness, call it Baal, GOD, whatever, I just dont believe ( and never did ) a single word of the old testament. The Valley Vegan................ The Valley Vegan.......... flower child <zurumato (AT) earthlink (DOT) net> wrote:

Hi Peter, yes you are right. Exciting new theories are being explored every dayas to the origins of "Man"The most exciting part is that there are never any conclusions. Science is always evolving, if you will excuse the term. I want to be a walking metamorphosis.Someone who is continuing changing colorsgrasping, forming new theoris shocking myself into acceptance with every shedding of my skin. We shall yet peek at the explosion known as the big bang.I am glad that we are discussing the big questions in life.Darwinism/branches of life was revolutionary it is the accepted waymost leading scientist think. What of the idea that we are a biological and quemical accident?A spontaneous miracle created by the correct condtions. Water. Sun. Energy to turn life on, on this rock third sun. Created by that explosion billions of ages ago when the

universestarted expanding. Why? I ask. must there be an intelligent creator?Where is the evidence? If there is a God He/She certainly does not hear our complaints orworries. With all the suffering continously occuring in this world, this God is indiferent. The notion of "God" has changed with every millenium. Why must we have a God to feel complete. And what happens if there is no God? Would it be so terrible.What would we do without a father? Take responsibility for ourselves?And what if the origins of the universe and the end of the universe isthe same thing?and What if, as hard as we our little brains try, we still could notunderstand 1/8 of the grandeur and mystery of the universe?When I ask myself about God I always look up, because for me theuniverse and the question of "God" are inextricably tied, because itwas in that big explosion where everything started.

-anouk , "Peter" <metalscarab wrote:>> Hi Anouk> > But it doesn't say that evolution can't occur from that moment on. And I> don't think you'll find that all biologists agree that humanity has> developed fom single celled organisms anyway - the process ofevolution that> has been observed would be way too slow for that to have occcurredwithin> the currently popular view of the age of the universe.> > BB> Peter> Peter H All New Mail – Tired of Vi@gr@! come-ons? Let our SpamGuard protect you.

I am so sorry to hear this.

I have never known anyone whom this has happened to.

I cannot imagine what that would be like

it takes a very strong person..

, Shhhhh <compassion2grace wrote:

>

> My 9-year old daughter was kidnapped by a stranger in 1988 and has

never been found. I am familiar with catastrophe, heartache, and

suffering right up close and personal. What I ask is why the fact

that there is suffering in the world negates believe in a personal

God? It just doesn't. If it is okay for Buddhism to embrace this

fact, why is it not okay for Christianity?

>

> peace,

> sharon

>

>

You know what they say, what doesn't kill you make you stronger. You just

have to make sure you dion't get too strong and let it turn your heart to

rock.

peace,

sharon

> " flower child " <zurumato

>

>

> Re: Gods Evolution

>Sat, 16 Dec 2006 14:52:14 -0000

>

>I am so sorry to hear this.

> I have never known anyone whom this has happened to.

>I cannot imagine what that would be like

>it takes a very strong person..

>

>

>

> , Shhhhh <compassion2grace wrote:

> >

> > My 9-year old daughter was kidnapped by a stranger in 1988 and has

>never been found. I am familiar with catastrophe, heartache, and

>suffering right up close and personal. What I ask is why the fact

>that there is suffering in the world negates believe in a personal

>God? It just doesn't. If it is okay for Buddhism to embrace this

>fact, why is it not okay for Christianity?

> >

> > peace,

> > sharon

> >

> >

>

Get the latest 8.1 Beta version. Join now.

http://ideas.live.com