IndiaDivine.org

Torchwood returns for series two

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Torchwood returns for series two Torchwood follows secret agents battling human and alien enemiesBBC Wales' Torchwood has been commissioned for a second series and this time the sci-fi thriller will be shown first on BBC Two. The first series starring John Barrowman as time-travelling Captain Jack has smashed viewing records. An audience of 2.4 million tuned in for the episodes one and two of

the first series, which is showing on BBC Three. It was the highest audience for that channel and the highest ratings for a non-sport programme on digital TV. Created by the writer of the new Doctor Who Russell T Davies, Torchwood (an anagram of Doctor Who) is produced by BBC Wales in Cardiff, where the series is set. 'Unpredictable' The storyline follows a team of modern day investigators as they use alien technology to solve crime, both alien and human. Swansea-born Russell T. Davies, also the creator of Queer as Folk and Second Coming, said: "The whole team is bristling with ideas and we are delighted that Cardiff is going to be home to more monsters and mayhem." The series, which is screened after the 9pm watershed, is aimed at a more adult audience than the family-orientated Doctor Who, where Barrowman's Captain Jack character first featured. Julian Bellamy, controller of BBC Three, said: "Breaking

all records on BBC Three is no mean feat and we've been proud to help build Torchwood into one of the most talked-about and eagerly-anticipated series of recent years." BBC Two controller Roly Keating said: "Inventive, intelligent and unpredictable, Torchwood is a brilliant piece of 21st Century fantasy drama. "I'm delighted that its second series will be premiering on the channel." Filming for the second series is due to start in Cardiff next spring and the programmes will screen later in 2007. Peter H

All new Mail "The new Interface is stunning in its simplicity and ease of use." - PC Magazine

Hi Peter

I find the series very mixed so far - some very good episodes, some weak, and some I don't like.

Jo

-

peter VV

Friday, December 15, 2006 9:41 PM

Re: Torchwood returns for series two

Torchwood returns for series two

Torchwood follows secret agents battling human and alien enemiesBBC Wales' Torchwood has been commissioned for a second series and this time the sci-fi thriller will be shown first on BBC Two. The first series starring John Barrowman as time-travelling Captain Jack has smashed viewing records. An audience of 2.4 million tuned in for the episodes one and two of the first series, which is showing on BBC Three. It was the highest audience for that channel and the highest ratings for a non-sport programme on digital TV.

Created by the writer of the new Doctor Who Russell T Davies, Torchwood (an anagram of Doctor Who) is produced by BBC Wales in Cardiff, where the series is set. 'Unpredictable' The storyline follows a team of modern day investigators as they use alien technology to solve crime, both alien and human. Swansea-born Russell T. Davies, also the creator of Queer as Folk and Second Coming, said: "The whole team is bristling with ideas and we are delighted that Cardiff is going to be home to more monsters and mayhem." The series, which is screened after the 9pm watershed, is aimed at a more adult audience than the family-orientated Doctor Who, where Barrowman's Captain Jack character first featured. Julian Bellamy, controller of BBC Three, said: "Breaking all records on BBC Three is no mean feat and we've been proud to help build Torchwood into one of the most talked-about and eagerly-anticipated series of recent years." BBC Two controller Roly Keating said: "Inventive, intelligent and unpredictable, Torchwood is a brilliant piece of 21st Century fantasy drama. "I'm delighted that its second series will be premiering on the channel." Filming for the second series is due to start in Cardiff next spring and the programmes will screen later in 2007.

Peter H

All new Mail "The new Interface is stunning in its simplicity and ease of use." - PC Magazine

Hi Jo / Peter

>I find the series very mixed so far - some very good episodes, some weak, and some I don't like.

I agree. The one with the fairies was excellent, and the one in the couryfied bit of Wales was pretty good. For me, the real problem is that most of the plots really aren't very original, and quite a few of them have already been done far better by Joss Whedon....

BB

Peter

I must admit that I have enjoyed it all so far. Some episodes better than others, but on the whole enjoyable. The Valley Vegan....................................................jo <jo.heartwork wrote: Hi Peter I find the series very mixed so far - some very good episodes, some weak, and some I don't like. Jo - peter VV Friday, December 15, 2006 9:41 PM Re: Torchwood returns for series two Torchwood returns for series two Torchwood follows secret agents battling human and alien enemiesBBC Wales' Torchwood has been commissioned for a second series and this time the sci-fi thriller will be shown first on BBC Two. The first series starring John Barrowman as time-travelling Captain Jack has smashed viewing records. An audience of 2.4 million tuned in for the episodes one and two of the first series, which is showing on BBC Three. It was the highest audience for that channel and the highest ratings for a non-sport programme on digital TV. Created by the writer of the new Doctor Who Russell T Davies, Torchwood (an anagram of

Doctor Who) is produced by BBC Wales in Cardiff, where the series is set. 'Unpredictable' The storyline follows a team of modern day investigators as they use alien technology to solve crime, both alien and human. Swansea-born Russell T. Davies, also the creator of Queer as Folk and Second Coming, said: "The whole team is bristling with ideas and we are delighted that Cardiff is going to be home to more monsters and mayhem." The series, which is screened after the 9pm watershed, is aimed at a more adult audience than the family-orientated Doctor Who, where Barrowman's Captain Jack character first featured. Julian Bellamy, controller of BBC Three, said: "Breaking all records on BBC Three is no mean feat and we've been proud to help build Torchwood into one of the most talked-about and eagerly-anticipated series of recent years." BBC Two controller Roly Keating said: "Inventive, intelligent and unpredictable, Torchwood is a

brilliant piece of 21st Century fantasy drama. "I'm delighted that its second series will be premiering on the channel." Filming for the second series is due to start in Cardiff next spring and the programmes will screen later in 2007. Peter H All new Mail "The new Interface is stunning in its simplicity and ease of use." - PC Magazine Peter H

The all-new Mail goes wherever you go - free your email address from your Internet provider.