IndiaDivine.org

Not busy

Rate this topic

Guest guest

It's not very busy on here today - is everyone getting ready for

Solstice/Christmas/Yule?

I've finished work now, until 2 January :-) I think I have done all my

shopping - just a cake or two to bake now and the presents to wrap.

Jo

Just spent 2 hours in the kitchen making the stuffings for my chrimbo cracker surprises. Tommorrow I assemble the beasts, probably make about 10 ish for the freezer. Are you doing anything on Thursday for the Solstice? The Valley Vegan............jo <jo.heartwork wrote: It's not very busy on here today - is everyone getting ready forSolstice/Christmas/Yule?I've finished work now, until 2 January :-) I think I have done all myshopping - just a

cake or two to bake now and the presents to wrap.JoPeter H

Photos – NEW, now offering a quality print service from just 7p a photo.

Hi Peter

What are your chrimbo cracker surprises like? We've just made a nut roast to cook tomorrow, and a Yule Log. We will also be making a Lemon Drizzle Cake. Nobody wants a Christmas cake or pud this year. We've made cards, so not too much to do now.

We'll just go out early to see the sunrise on Solstice - probably somewhere quite local. Mind you - I don't think we'll see the sun as we have had thick fog for the last two days and nights! On Sunday we joined the Druid Winter Solstice ritual at Wilmington, with 60 others. It was most enjoyable.

Do your girls still have stockings?

Jo

-

peter VV

Tuesday, December 19, 2006 9:25 PM

Re: Not busy

Just spent 2 hours in the kitchen making the stuffings for my chrimbo cracker surprises. Tommorrow I assemble the beasts, probably make about 10 ish for the freezer.

Are you doing anything on Thursday for the Solstice?

The Valley Vegan............jo <jo.heartwork wrote:

It's not very busy on here today - is everyone getting ready forSolstice/Christmas/Yule?I've finished work now, until 2 January :-) I think I have done all myshopping - just a cake or two to bake now and the presents to wrap.Jo

Peter H

My christmas cracker surprises this year are a middle filling of roast vegetables ( butternut squash/fennel/red onion/yellow pepper/aubergine, fresh coriander, pine nuts and cous cous soaked in stock with a little spice, and the two end bits will be stuffed with mushroom rice ( shallots/field & dried mushrooms/ thyme/roast garlic/ basmati rice/white wine/some of the mushroom liqour). Tonight we assemble them with shop bought puff pastry. Should be enough to make 10 ish. Never found a nut roast recipe that I liked? I like the sound of the cake. I think the fog will be around for another day yet. My girlies do not have stockings, well sort of, but with their main pile of presents, not like when I was a kid at the bottom of my bed ( always a leg off a pair of tights and always with a large orange in the toe ). The Valley Vegan...............jo <jo.heartwork

wrote: Hi Peter What are your chrimbo cracker surprises like? We've just made a nut roast to cook tomorrow, and a Yule Log. We will also be making a Lemon Drizzle Cake. Nobody wants a Christmas cake or pud this year. We've made cards, so not too much to do now. We'll just go out early to see the sunrise on

Solstice - probably somewhere quite local. Mind you - I don't think we'll see the sun as we have had thick fog for the last two days and nights! On Sunday we joined the Druid Winter Solstice ritual at Wilmington, with 60 others. It was most enjoyable. Do your girls still have stockings? Jo - peter VV Sent:

Tuesday, December 19, 2006 9:25 PM Re: Not busy Just spent 2 hours in the kitchen making the stuffings for my chrimbo cracker surprises. Tommorrow I assemble the beasts, probably make about 10 ish for the freezer. Are you doing anything on Thursday for the Solstice? The Valley Vegan............jo <jo.heartwork > wrote: It's not very busy on here today - is everyone getting ready forSolstice/Christmas/Yule?I've finished work now, until 2 January :-) I think I have done all myshopping - just a cake or two to bake now and the presents to wrap.Jo Peter H Photos – NEW, now offering a quality print service from just 7p a photo. Peter H

All New Mail – Tired of Vi@gr@! come-ons? Let our SpamGuard protect you.

Is this a recipe you could share?

I'm a terrible cook. :-{

peace,

sharon

>peter VV <swpgh01

>

>

>Re: Not busy

>Tue, 19 Dec 2006 21:25:31 +0000 (GMT)

>

>Just spent 2 hours in the kitchen making the stuffings for my chrimbo

>cracker surprises. Tommorrow I assemble the beasts, probably make about 10

>ish for the freezer.

> Are you doing anything on Thursday for the Solstice?

>

> The Valley Vegan............

>

>jo <jo.heartwork wrote:

> It's not very busy on here today - is everyone getting ready for

>Solstice/Christmas/Yule?

>

>I've finished work now, until 2 January :-) I think I have done all my

>shopping - just a cake or two to bake now and the presents to wrap.

>

>Jo

>

>

>

>

>

>

>Peter H

>

>

>

>

> Photos – NEW, now offering a quality print service from just 7p a

>photo.

Fixing up the home? Live Search can help

http://imagine-windowslive.com/search/kits/default.aspx?kit=improve & locale=en-US\

& source=hmemailtaglinenov06 & FORM=WLMTAG

basically what I put on my reply to Jo later. The Valley Vegan.............Sharon Murch <grace4compassion wrote: Is this a recipe you could share?I'm a terrible cook. :-{peace,sharon>peter VV > > >Re: Not busy>Tue, 19 Dec 2006 21:25:31 +0000 (GMT)>>Just spent 2 hours in the kitchen making the stuffings for my chrimbo >cracker surprises. Tommorrow I assemble the beasts, probably make about 10 >ish for the freezer.> Are you doing anything on Thursday for the Solstice?>> The Valley Vegan............>>jo wrote:> It's not very

busy on here today - is everyone getting ready for>Solstice/Christmas/Yule?>>I've finished work now, until 2 January :-) I think I have done all my>shopping - just a cake or two to bake now and the presents to wrap.>>Jo>>>>>>>Peter H>>>>> Photos – NEW, now offering a quality print service from just 7p a >photo._______________Fixing up the home? Live Search can help http://imagine-windowslive.com/search/kits/default.aspx?kit=improve & locale=en-US & source=hmemailtaglinenov06 & FORM=WLMTAGTo send an email to -

no computer on weekends

then had dentist appt on monday

emergency root canal yesterday

get to endure three more next week

not been a very fun time...

fraggle

>jo <jo.heartwork

>Dec 19, 2006 1:15 PM

>

> Not busy

>

>It's not very busy on here today - is everyone getting ready for

>Solstice/Christmas/Yule?

>

>I've finished work now, until 2 January :-) I think I have done all my

>shopping - just a cake or two to bake now and the presents to wrap.

>

>Jo

>

>

>

>To send an email to -

>

Hi Peter

the crackers sound delicious. We use the shop bought pastry for Yule, nut roast en croute.

I reckon the fog is here for a while - it seemed to get even thicker here this afternoon.

We used to have ours at the end of the beds too - so did Laura and Peter.

Jo

-

peter VV

Wednesday, December 20, 2006 6:49 PM

My christmas cracker surprises this year are a middle filling of roast vegetables ( butternut squash/fennel/red onion/yellow pepper/aubergine, fresh coriander, pine nuts and cous cous soaked in stock with a little spice, and the two end bits will be stuffed with mushroom rice ( shallots/field & dried mushrooms/ thyme/roast garlic/ basmati rice/white wine/some of the mushroom liqour). Tonight we assemble them with shop bought puff pastry. Should be enough to make 10 ish.

Never found a nut roast recipe that I liked? I like the sound of the cake.

I think the fog will be around for another day yet.

My girlies do not have stockings, well sort of, but with their main pile of presents, not like when I was a kid at the bottom of my bed ( always a leg off a pair of tights and always with a large orange in the toe ).

The Valley Vegan...............jo <jo.heartwork wrote:

Hi Peter

What are your chrimbo cracker surprises like? We've just made a nut roast to cook tomorrow, and a Yule Log. We will also be making a Lemon Drizzle Cake. Nobody wants a Christmas cake or pud this year. We've made cards, so not too much to do now.

We'll just go out early to see the sunrise on Solstice - probably somewhere quite local. Mind you - I don't think we'll see the sun as we have had thick fog for the last two days and nights! On Sunday we joined the Druid Winter Solstice ritual at Wilmington, with 60 others. It was most enjoyable.

Jo

-

peter VV

Just spent 2 hours in the kitchen making the stuffings for my chrimbo cracker surprises. Tommorrow I assemble the beasts, probably make about 10 ish for the freezer.

The Valley Vegan............jo <jo.heartwork > wrote:

It's not very busy on here today - is everyone getting ready forSolstice/Christmas/Yule?I've finished work now, until 2 January :-) I think I have done all myshopping - just a cake or two to bake now and the presents to wrap.Jo

Peter H

Peter H

HI Fraggle

Dental visits are no fun. Once these are done you should be okay for a

while.

Jo

-

" fraggle " <EBbrewpunx

Wednesday, December 20, 2006 8:30 PM

> no computer on weekends

> then had dentist appt on monday

> emergency root canal yesterday

> get to endure three more next week

>

> not been a very fun time...

>

> fraggle

>

>

> >jo <jo.heartwork

> >Dec 19, 2006 1:15 PM

> >

> > Not busy

> >

> >It's not very busy on here today - is everyone getting ready for

> >Solstice/Christmas/Yule?

> >

> >I've finished work now, until 2 January :-) I think I have done all my

> >shopping - just a cake or two to bake now and the presents to wrap.

> >

> >Jo

> >

> >

> >

> >To send an email to -

> >

Made 12 crackers in the end. Now my freezer is cram packed! I try and use a different filling every year, which drives my wife mad because she wants me to write down a recipe so that she can make them. The Valley Vegan............jo <jo.heartwork wrote: Hi Peter the crackers sound delicious. We use the shop bought pastry for Yule, nut roast en croute. I reckon the fog is here for a while - it seemed to get even thicker here this afternoon. We used to have ours at the end of the beds too - so did Laura and Peter. Jo - peter VV Wednesday, December 20, 2006 6:49 PM Re: Not busy My christmas cracker surprises this year are a middle filling of roast vegetables ( butternut squash/fennel/red onion/yellow pepper/aubergine, fresh coriander, pine nuts and cous cous soaked in stock with a little spice, and the two end bits will be stuffed with mushroom rice ( shallots/field & dried mushrooms/ thyme/roast garlic/ basmati rice/white wine/some of the mushroom liqour). Tonight we assemble them with shop bought puff pastry. Should be enough to make 10 ish. Never found a nut roast recipe that I liked? I like the sound of the cake. I think the fog will be around for another day yet. My girlies do not have stockings, well sort of, but with their main pile of presents, not like when I was a kid at the bottom of my bed ( always a leg off a pair of tights and always with a large orange in the toe ). The

Valley Vegan...............jo <jo.heartwork > wrote: Hi Peter What are your chrimbo cracker surprises like? We've just made a nut roast to cook tomorrow, and a Yule Log. We will also be making a Lemon Drizzle Cake. Nobody wants a Christmas cake or pud this year. We've made cards, so not too much to do now. We'll just go out early to see the sunrise on Solstice - probably somewhere quite local. Mind you - I don't think we'll see the sun as we have had thick fog for the last two days and nights! On Sunday we joined the Druid Winter Solstice ritual at

Wilmington, with 60 others. It was most enjoyable. Do your girls still have stockings? Jo - peter VV Tuesday, December 19, 2006 9:25 PM Re: Not busy Just spent 2 hours in the kitchen making the stuffings for my chrimbo cracker

surprises. Tommorrow I assemble the beasts, probably make about 10 ish for the freezer. Are you doing anything on Thursday for the Solstice? The Valley Vegan............jo <jo.heartwork > wrote: It's not very busy on here today - is everyone getting ready forSolstice/Christmas/Yule?I've finished work now, until 2 January :-) I think I have done all myshopping - just a cake or two to bake now and the presents to wrap.Jo Peter H

Photos – NEW, now offering a quality print service from just 7p a photo. Peter H All New Mail – Tired of Vi@gr@! come-ons? Let our SpamGuard protect you. Peter H

The all-new Mail goes wherever you go - free your email address from your Internet provider.

root canal? ugh! sorry mate you must be one sad aching Fraggle. Hope Rebecca fussing over you and spoiling you ( not taking the piss too much!) The Valley Vegan.............fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote: no computer on weekendsthen had dentist appt on mondayemergency root canal yesterdayget to endure three more next weeknot been a very fun time...fraggle>jo <jo.heartwork >>Dec 19, 2006 1:15 PM> > Not busy>>It's not very busy on here today - is everyone getting ready for>Solstice/Christmas/Yule?>>I've finished work now, until 2 January :-) I think I have done all my>shopping - just a cake or two to bake now and the presents to wrap.>>Jo>>>>To send an email to - >

sadly..no

i'll be going prolly most of the winter

they are basically going to rip about my upper jaw

anyone got $13,000 i can have?

*sigh*

fraggle

>jo <jo.heartwork

>Dec 20, 2006 3:41 PM

>

>

>HI Fraggle

>

>Dental visits are no fun. Once these are done you should be okay for a

>while.

>

>Jo

>

>-

> " fraggle " <EBbrewpunx

>

>Wednesday, December 20, 2006 8:30 PM

>

>

>> no computer on weekends

>> then had dentist appt on monday

>> emergency root canal yesterday

>> get to endure three more next week

>>

>> not been a very fun time...

>>

>> fraggle

>>

>>

>> >jo <jo.heartwork

>> >Dec 19, 2006 1:15 PM

>> >

>> > Not busy

>> >

>> >It's not very busy on here today - is everyone getting ready for

>> >Solstice/Christmas/Yule?

>> >

>> >I've finished work now, until 2 January :-) I think I have done all my

>> >shopping - just a cake or two to bake now and the presents to wrap.

>> >

>> >Jo

>> >

>> >

>> >

>> >To send an email to -

>> >

yeah she's been great

it didn't help when i came home on monday from dentist visit number one, and there was a downed motorcyle on my street, literally a block from my door..

truck macked someone on a bike..pretty bad...

:(

peter VV Dec 20, 2006 4:36 PM Re: Not busy

root canal? ugh! sorry mate you must be one sad aching Fraggle. Hope Rebecca fussing over you and spoiling you ( not taking the piss too much!)

The Valley Vegan.............fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote:

no computer on weekendsthen had dentist appt on mondayemergency root canal yesterdayget to endure three more next weeknot been a very fun time...fraggle>jo <jo.heartwork >>Dec 19, 2006 1:15 PM> > Not busy>>It's not very busy on here today - is everyone getting ready for>Solstice/Christmas/Yule?>>I've finished work now, until 2 January :-) I think I have done all my>shopping - just a cake or two to bake now and the presents to wrap.>>Jo>>>>To send an email to - >

Nah, its a puff pastry concoction with two fillings. One in the main bit and a different one in the two "handles" if you think of a christmas cracker shape. The Valley Vegan...........fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote: ok..illuminate.... whats a christmas cracker??? crackers here are like, saltines....er maybe graham crackers... History repeats itself and each time the price gets higher Peter H

All new Mail "The new Interface is stunning in its simplicity and ease of use." - PC Magazine

Yeah, but at least it wasnt you? something to thank the dentist for? it could have been you? No more opening bottles with your teeth for you then? The Valley Vegan................fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote: yeah she's been great it didn't help when i came home on monday from dentist visit number one, and there was a downed motorcyle on my street, literally a block from my door.. truck macked someone on a

bike..pretty bad... :( peter VV Dec 20, 2006 4:36 PM Re: Not busy root canal? ugh! sorry mate you must be one sad aching Fraggle. Hope Rebecca fussing over you and spoiling you ( not taking the piss too much!) The Valley Vegan.............fraggle <EBbrewpunx (AT) earthlink (DOT) com> wrote: no computer on weekendsthen had dentist appt on mondayemergency root canal yesterdayget to endure three more next weeknot been a very fun time...fraggle>jo <jo.heartwork >>Dec 19, 2006 1:15 PM> > Not busy>>It's not very busy on here today - is everyone getting ready for>Solstice/Christmas/Yule?>>I've finished work now, until 2 January :-) I think I have done all my>shopping - just a cake or two to bake now and the presents to wrap.>>Jo>>>>To send an email to - >

ok

now, whats a x-mas cracker shape then?

dammit, thought you folks spoke english!

KIDDING!!!!!!

i know, i know, we ruined yer language...

but seriously...x-mas cracker shape?

cracker as in cookie, er is a x-mas cracker something else?

(i get this image of a popper)

peter VV Dec 20, 2006 4:55 PM Re: Not busy

Nah, its a puff pastry concoction with two fillings. One in the main bit and a different one in the two "handles" if you think of a christmas cracker shape.

The Valley Vegan...........fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote:

ok..illuminate....

whats a christmas cracker???

crackers here are like, saltines....er maybe graham crackers... History repeats itself and each time the price gets higher

Peter H

All new Mail "The new Interface is stunning in its simplicity and ease of use." - PC Magazine

History repeats itself

and each time the price gets higher

Cristmas cracker is a paper thingy containing a novelty or toy, usualy a paper hat and a moto or joke. They go bang when you pull them. Dont they have these over there? The Valley Vegan...........fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote: ok now, whats a x-mas cracker shape then? dammit, thought you folks spoke english! KIDDING!!!!!! i know, i know, we ruined yer language... but seriously...x-mas cracker shape? cracker as in cookie, er is a x-mas cracker something else? (i get this image of a popper) peter VV Dec 20, 2006 4:55 PM Re: Not busy Nah, its a puff pastry concoction with two fillings. One in the main bit and a different one in the two "handles" if you think of a christmas cracker shape. The Valley Vegan...........fraggle <EBbrewpunx (AT) earthlink (DOT) com> wrote: ok..illuminate.... whats a

christmas cracker??? crackers here are like, saltines....er maybe graham crackers... History repeats itself and each time the price gets higher Peter H All new Mail "The new Interface is stunning in its simplicity and ease of use." - PC Magazine History repeats itself and each time the price gets higher Peter H

Send instant messages to your online friends http://uk.messenger.

Hi Fraggle

>now, whats a x-mas cracker shape then?

OK... get the inside of a toilet roll (y'know, the cardboard bit in the middle). Now get a bit of fancy coloured paper which is about twice the length of the cardboard tube. Roll the cardboad tube in the paper, and then twist the paper around at either side to create an enclosed centre segment, and two ends....

BB

Peter

sorta similar to a party popper

but, no, not really seen over here

think its a UK thing mostly....

peter VV Dec 21, 2006 2:33 PM Re: Not busy

Cristmas cracker is a paper thingy containing a novelty or toy, usualy a paper hat and a moto or joke. They go bang when you pull them. Dont they have these over there?

The Valley Vegan...........fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote:

ok

now, whats a x-mas cracker shape then?

dammit, thought you folks spoke english!

KIDDING!!!!!!

i know, i know, we ruined yer language...

but seriously...x-mas cracker shape?

cracker as in cookie, er is a x-mas cracker something else?

(i get this image of a popper)

peter VV Dec 20, 2006 4:55 PM Re: Not busy

Nah, its a puff pastry concoction with two fillings. One in the main bit and a different one in the two "handles" if you think of a christmas cracker shape.

The Valley Vegan...........fraggle <EBbrewpunx (AT) earthlink (DOT) com> wrote:

ok..illuminate....

whats a christmas cracker???

crackers here are like, saltines....er maybe graham crackers... History repeats itself and each time the price gets higher

Peter H

All new Mail "The new Interface is stunning in its simplicity and ease of use." - PC Magazine History repeats itself and each time the price gets higher

Peter H

Send instant messages to your online friends http://uk.messenger.

Until lions have their historians, tales of the hunt shall always

glorify the hunter

newspapers??

what paper hats???

Peter Dec 21, 2006 6:24 PM Re: Not busy 

Hi Fraggle

>but, no, not really seen over here

>think its a UK thing mostly....

So where do you get the paper hats from? Or don't yo have those either?

BBPeter

History repeats itself

and each time the price gets higher

That's good. Tell your wife one or two of the fillings, then she can do them too - you'd like her to make them for you, wouldn't you?

Jo

-

peter VV

Wednesday, December 20, 2006 9:33 PM

Made 12 crackers in the end. Now my freezer is cram packed! I try and use a different filling every year, which drives my wife mad because she wants me to write down a recipe so that she can make them.

The Valley Vegan............jo <jo.heartwork wrote:

Hi Peter

the crackers sound delicious. We use the shop bought pastry for Yule, nut roast en croute.

I reckon the fog is here for a while - it seemed to get even thicker here this afternoon.

We used to have ours at the end of the beds too - so did Laura and Peter.

Jo

-

peter VV

Wednesday, December 20, 2006 6:49 PM

My christmas cracker surprises this year are a middle filling of roast vegetables ( butternut squash/fennel/red onion/yellow pepper/aubergine, fresh coriander, pine nuts and cous cous soaked in stock with a little spice, and the two end bits will be stuffed with mushroom rice ( shallots/field & dried mushrooms/ thyme/roast garlic/ basmati rice/white wine/some of the mushroom liqour). Tonight we assemble them with shop bought puff pastry. Should be enough to make 10 ish.

Never found a nut roast recipe that I liked? I like the sound of the cake.

I think the fog will be around for another day yet.

My girlies do not have stockings, well sort of, but with their main pile of presents, not like when I was a kid at the bottom of my bed ( always a leg off a pair of tights and always with a large orange in the toe ).

The Valley Vegan...............jo <jo.heartwork > wrote:

Hi Peter

Jo

-

peter VV

The Valley Vegan............jo <jo.heartwork > wrote:

Peter H

Peter H

Peter H

The all-new Mail goes wherever you go - free your email address from your Internet provider.

I had trouble with teeth when I was about 25 - had to have jaw bone scrapes

and all sorts. Good luck.

Jo

-

" fraggle " <EBbrewpunx

Wednesday, December 20, 2006 9:51 PM

> sadly..no

> i'll be going prolly most of the winter

> they are basically going to rip about my upper jaw

>

> anyone got $13,000 i can have?

> *sigh*

>

> fraggle

>

>

> >jo <jo.heartwork

> >Dec 20, 2006 3:41 PM

> >

> >Re: Not busy

> >

> >HI Fraggle

> >

> >Dental visits are no fun. Once these are done you should be okay for a

> >while.

> >

> >Jo

> >

> >-

> > " fraggle " <EBbrewpunx

> >

> >Wednesday, December 20, 2006 8:30 PM

> >Re: Not busy

> >

> >

> >> no computer on weekends

> >> then had dentist appt on monday

> >> emergency root canal yesterday

> >> get to endure three more next week

> >>

> >> not been a very fun time...

> >>

> >> fraggle

> >>

> >>

> >> >jo <jo.heartwork

> >> >Dec 19, 2006 1:15 PM

> >> >

> >> > Not busy

> >> >

> >> >It's not very busy on here today - is everyone getting ready for

> >> >Solstice/Christmas/Yule?

> >> >

> >> >I've finished work now, until 2 January :-) I think I have done all

my

> >> >shopping - just a cake or two to bake now and the presents to wrap.

> >> >

> >> >Jo

> >> >

> >> >

> >> >

> >> >To send an email to -

> >> >