IndiaDivine.org

sweet potato hummus

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Jo et al.,

I had a major searchfest for my sweet potato hummus recipe today but to no avail. I'll look some more tomorrow. it could turn up. anyhoo, here's one I found on the Internet. Haven't tried it and can't vouch for it (and would definitely omit the sugar if I were making it), but it could be a place for the adventurous hummus lover to start.

Sweet Potato Hummus (Becca Moore)4 large sweet potatoes1 can chickpeas, drained1/2 small onion, chopped 1 clove garlic, chopped 3 tbsp olive oil4 tbsp tahini2 tbsp brown sugarJuice of 1/2 of a lemonSalt and pepper to tasteBoil sweet potatoes until soft. Let cool and peel.Place onion, garlic, and olive oil in food processor or blender (food processor works best) and puree. Add chickpeas and continue to process.Next, add sweet potatoes, tahini, and lemon juice and process. Add salt and pepper to your liking.

Here's another that's heavier on chickpeas than sweet potato. haven't tried this one either. came from Edinburgh Recipe Swap (http://community.livejournal.com/edin_recipes)

Sweet Potato Hummus (faerycake)

1 smallish sweet potato 1 can of chickpeas (drained)2 heaped tsps tahina1tbsp lemon juice1tsp garlic puree2tsp oil* - preferably extra virgin olive, but I use flax to get my omega oils.pinch of salt1) Peel and chop potato into cubes, boil for about 10 minutes (if that) until soft, drain and place in food processor.2) Add drained chickpeas, along with the rest of the ingredients.3) Blend until everythings mixed in together and it looks vaguely hummus-y! If it's looking too bitty add a little water - or more oil - and blend a bit more.

Carolyn

Hi Carolyn

Thanks for the recipe - I agree about the sugar. When you find your recipe it would be good to have it :-)

Jo

-

Carolyn H

Friday, December 22, 2006 4:14 AM

sweet potato hummus

Jo et al.,

I had a major searchfest for my sweet potato hummus recipe today but to no avail. I'll look some more tomorrow. it could turn up. anyhoo, here's one I found on the Internet. Haven't tried it and can't vouch for it (and would definitely omit the sugar if I were making it), but it could be a place for the adventurous hummus lover to start.

Sweet Potato Hummus (Becca Moore)4 large sweet potatoes1 can chickpeas, drained1/2 small onion, chopped 1 clove garlic, chopped 3 tbsp olive oil4 tbsp tahini2 tbsp brown sugarJuice of 1/2 of a lemonSalt and pepper to tasteBoil sweet potatoes until soft. Let cool and peel.Place onion, garlic, and olive oil in food processor or blender (food processor works best) and puree. Add chickpeas and continue to process.Next, add sweet potatoes, tahini, and lemon juice and process. Add salt and pepper to your liking.

Here's another that's heavier on chickpeas than sweet potato. haven't tried this one either. came from Edinburgh Recipe Swap (http://community.livejournal.com/edin_recipes)

1 smallish sweet potato 1 can of chickpeas (drained)2 heaped tsps tahina1tbsp lemon juice1tsp garlic puree2tsp oil* - preferably extra virgin olive, but I use flax to get my omega oils.pinch of salt1) Peel and chop potato into cubes, boil for about 10 minutes (if that) until soft, drain and place in food processor.2) Add drained chickpeas, along with the rest of the ingredients.3) Blend until everythings mixed in together and it looks vaguely hummus-y! If it's looking too bitty add a little water - or more oil - and blend a bit more.

Carolyn

Jo,

I'll send it along as soon as it turns up. I still have another old hard drive to check but may not get to it till after holidaze.....

Carolyn

-

jo

Friday, December 22, 2006 11:38 AM

Re: sweet potato hummus

Hi Carolyn

Thanks for the recipe - I agree about the sugar. When you find your recipe it would be good to have it :-)

Jo

-

Carolyn H

Friday, December 22, 2006 4:14 AM

sweet potato hummus

Jo et al.,

Carolyn

this sounds nice but i would not have the onion or the suger in it jo <jo.heartwork wrote:  Hi Carolyn Thanks for the recipe - I agree about the sugar. When you find your recipe it would be good to have it :-) Jo ----- Original

Message ----- Carolyn H Friday, December 22, 2006 4:14 AM sweet potato hummus Jo et al., I had a major searchfest for my sweet potato hummus recipe today but to no avail. I'll look some more tomorrow. it could turn up. anyhoo, here's one I found on the Internet. Haven't tried it and can't vouch for it (and would definitely omit the sugar if I were making it), but it could be a place for the adventurous hummus lover to

start. Sweet Potato Hummus (Becca Moore)4 large sweet potatoes1 can chickpeas, drained1/2 small onion, chopped 1 clove garlic, chopped 3 tbsp olive oil4 tbsp tahini2 tbsp brown sugarJuice of 1/2 of a lemonSalt and pepper to tasteBoil sweet potatoes until soft. Let cool and peel.Place onion, garlic, and olive oil in food processor or blender (food processor works best) and puree. Add chickpeas and continue to process.Next, add sweet potatoes, tahini, and lemon juice and process. Add salt and pepper to your liking. Here's another that's heavier on chickpeas than sweet potato. haven't tried this one either. came from Edinburgh Recipe Swap (http://community.livejournal.com/edin_recipes) Sweet Potato Hummus (faerycake) 1 smallish sweet potato 1 can of chickpeas (drained)2 heaped tsps tahina1tbsp lemon juice1tsp garlic puree2tsp oil* - preferably extra virgin olive, but I use flax to get my omega oils.pinch of salt1) Peel and chop potato into cubes, boil for about 10 minutes (if that) until soft, drain and place in food processor.2) Add drained chickpeas, along with the rest of the ingredients.3) Blend until

everythings mixed in together and it looks vaguely hummus-y! If it's looking too bitty add a little water - or more oil - and blend a bit more. Carolyn Send instant messages to your online friends http://uk.messenger.