IndiaDivine.org

Merry Yule

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi All

Merry Yule / Happy Christmas. I hope everyone is enjoying themselves and has lots of lovely food to celebrate.

We had a lovely evening yesterday. We went to watch Peter in a mumming play which travelled around the pubs of a lovely old village in Wiltshire - Lacock. The first pub, The George, was built in 1361! - the last pub I guess was built in the last 20 years. The play was excellent, and received a good reception at each venue, and I particularly enjoyed watching the torchlight procession through the village, to the accompaniement of a drum and bell. Peter played Beelzebub - who apparently likes good ale :-)

On Solstice wew ent to see Iron Maiden ( & Trivium), which was good - although they did not perform many of their old numbers. I particlarly enjoyed having all my loved ones enjoying the show and singing along together :-)

BB to all

Jo

Hi Jo, Glad you had a good time, We were up at 6 with the kids ( ah the age of innocence ), got to bed around 12:45, waiting for my cats to come in after going out for a dump and a prowl ( ah the age of innocence). Usual chrimbo crap, so much waste in packaging and the council will not recycle wrapping paper - very pissed off about that! Wife had a dead bird the size of a dodo for her and my mother ( dont understand the need for that myself ), and I had my christamas cracker and veg and my kids had their veg. They also had a chocolate christmas pud which they loved. Going over my mums today for dinner. Had tons of vegan chocs bought me, so my teeth and waist are gonna suffer.... Peace and goodwill to all......... The Valley Vegan...............jo <jo.heartwork wrote:  Hi All Merry Yule / Happy Christmas. I hope everyone is enjoying themselves and has lots of lovely food to celebrate. We had a lovely evening yesterday. We went to watch Peter in a mumming play which travelled around the pubs of a lovely old village in Wiltshire - Lacock. The first pub, The George, was built in 1361! - the last pub I guess was built in the last 20

years. The play was excellent, and received a good reception at each venue, and I particularly enjoyed watching the torchlight procession through the village, to the accompaniement of a drum and bell. Peter played Beelzebub - who apparently likes good ale :-) On Solstice wew ent to see Iron Maiden ( & Trivium), which was good - although they did not perform many of their old numbers. I particlarly enjoyed having all my loved ones enjoying the show and singing along together :-) BB to all Jo Peter H

The all-new Mail goes wherever you go - free your email address from your Internet provider.

glad ya'll had a good time and day

:)

nuthin really exciting here

spent 5 hours making food....which turned out "only ok"....

so...eh..we'll see next time

went to toronado and got snookered

then came home and watched movies in bed with popcorn and sake...

(inconvient truth...meh...)

(cars...disappointed)

black adder...always good....)

cheers

fraggle

jo Dec 25, 2006 4:08 AM Merry Yule 

Hi All

Merry Yule / Happy Christmas. I hope everyone is enjoying themselves and has lots of lovely food to celebrate.

We had a lovely evening yesterday. We went to watch Peter in a mumming play which travelled around the pubs of a lovely old village in Wiltshire - Lacock. The first pub, The George, was built in 1361! - the last pub I guess was built in the last 20 years. The play was excellent, and received a good reception at each venue, and I particularly enjoyed watching the torchlight procession through the village, to the accompaniement of a drum and bell. Peter played Beelzebub - who apparently likes good ale :-)

On Solstice wew ent to see Iron Maiden ( & Trivium), which was good - although they did not perform many of their old numbers. I particlarly enjoyed having all my loved ones enjoying the show and singing along together :-)

BB to all

Jo

I'm getting Pissed for X-mas

Just like the rest of the Year

There's no future in this lonely world

So might as well have a beer

Hi Peter

The crackers you did sounded good. It's a shame about the wrapping paper. This year we did not use sellotape on our presents, and carefully unwrapped them so we can use the wrappers again next year - same with the ribbons. I'm glad you had lots of chocs :-) I hope you had a good dinner at your mum's.

Jo

-

peter VV

Tuesday, December 26, 2006 11:47 AM

Re: Merry Yule

Hi Jo,

Glad you had a good time,

We were up at 6 with the kids ( ah the age of innocence ), got to bed around 12:45, waiting for my cats to come in after going out for a dump and a prowl ( ah the age of innocence). Usual chrimbo crap, so much waste in packaging and the council will not recycle wrapping paper - very pissed off about that! Wife had a dead bird the size of a dodo for her and my mother ( dont understand the need for that myself ), and I had my christamas cracker and veg and my kids had their veg. They also had a chocolate christmas pud which they loved. Going over my mums today for dinner.

Had tons of vegan chocs bought me, so my teeth and waist are gonna suffer....

Peace and goodwill to all.........

The Valley Vegan...............jo <jo.heartwork wrote:

Hi All

BB to all

Jo

Peter H

The all-new Mail goes wherever you go - free your email address from your Internet provider.

That's the trouble with special meals - they take such a long time to prepare.

I don't know Inconvenient Truth - Cars was okay but not one of the best, and I agree about Black Adder. We have watched Shrek, which I love, and The Village :-) - tried Van Helsing, for about 15 minutes and then wiped it! I got all the X Files, so have watched a couple of episodes and we watched the second series of Hex. Hogfather was good - Vicar of Dibley was rubbish which was disappointing. Ah well

Jo

-

fraggle

Tuesday, December 26, 2006 7:10 PM

(cars...disappointed)

cheers

fraggle

Hi All

BB to all

Jo

I'm getting Pissed for X-mas

Just like the rest of the Year

There's no future in this lonely world

So might as well have a beer

Since we are talking about movies, I got two DVD's for Christmas of movies

I've seen before and really loved. " Fools Rush In. " I don't know why I love

it, but I do. Of course, I love Las Vegas, and I love the desert, and I've

gotta say I enjoyed the different cultural backgrounds of the people in the

movie.

And World Trade Center. I know a lot of people who won't even watch it.

But it isn't about the terrorism, or the politics, or even about the grand

scale devastation. It is about two families caught up in it. Did you know

there were only twenty people pulled alive from the rubble?

peace,

sharon

> " jo " <jo.heartwork

>

>

>Re: Merry Yule

>Thu, 28 Dec 2006 19:07:53 -0000

>

>That's the trouble with special meals - they take such a long time to

>prepare.

>

>I don't know Inconvenient Truth - Cars was okay but not one of the best,

>and I agree about Black Adder. We have watched Shrek, which I love, and

>The Village :-) - tried Van Helsing, for about 15 minutes and then wiped

>it! I got all the X Files, so have watched a couple of episodes and we

>watched the second series of Hex. Hogfather was good - Vicar of Dibley was

>rubbish which was disappointing. Ah well

>

>Jo

>

> -

> fraggle

>

> Tuesday, December 26, 2006 7:10 PM

> Re: Merry Yule

>

>

> glad ya'll had a good time and day

> :)

>

> nuthin really exciting here

> spent 5 hours making food....which turned out " only ok " ....

> so...eh..we'll see next time

> went to toronado and got snookered

> then came home and watched movies in bed with popcorn and sake...

>

> (inconvient truth...meh...)

> (cars...disappointed)

> black adder...always good....)

> :)

> cheers

> fraggle

>

>

>

>

> jo

> Dec 25, 2006 4:08 AM

>

> Merry Yule

>

> 

> Hi All

>

> Merry Yule / Happy Christmas. I hope everyone is enjoying themselves

>and has lots of lovely food to celebrate.

>

> We had a lovely evening yesterday. We went to watch Peter in a

>mumming play which travelled around the pubs of a lovely old village in

>Wiltshire - Lacock. The first pub, The George, was built in 1361! - the

>last pub I guess was built in the last 20 years. The play was excellent,

>and received a good reception at each venue, and I particularly enjoyed

>watching the torchlight procession through the village, to the

>accompaniement of a drum and bell. Peter played Beelzebub - who apparently

>likes good ale :-)

>

> On Solstice wew ent to see Iron Maiden ( & Trivium), which was good -

>although they did not perform many of their old numbers. I particlarly

>enjoyed having all my loved ones enjoying the show and singing along

>together :-)

>

> BB to all

>

> Jo

>

>

>I'm getting Pissed for X-mas

>Just like the rest of the Year

>There's no future in this lonely world

>So might as well have a beer

>

Dave vs. Carl: The Insignificant Championship Series.  Who will win?

http://clk.atdmt.com/MSN/go/msnnkwsp0070000001msn/direct/01/?href=http://davevsc\

arl.spaces.live.com/?icid=T001MSN38C07001

The last dvd I got this year was an oldie but goldie - Anchor Man with Will Farrell, I must have seen that film dozens of times, realy makes me laugh, but then I am a bit childish so it suits me! The Valley Vegan............Sharon Murch <grace4compassion wrote: Since we are talking about movies, I got two DVD's for Christmas of movies I've seen before and really loved. "Fools Rush In." I don't know why I love it, but I do. Of course, I love Las Vegas, and I love the desert, and I've gotta say I enjoyed the different cultural backgrounds of the people in the movie.And World Trade Center. I know a lot of people who won't even watch it. But it isn't about the terrorism, or the politics, or even about the grand scale devastation. It is about two families caught up

in it. Did you know there were only twenty people pulled alive from the rubble?peace,sharon>"jo" > >>Re: Merry Yule>Thu, 28 Dec 2006 19:07:53 -0000>>That's the trouble with special meals - they take such a long time to >prepare.>>I don't know Inconvenient Truth - Cars was okay but not one of the best, >and I agree about Black Adder. We have watched Shrek, which I love, and >The Village :-) - tried Van Helsing, for about 15 minutes and then wiped >it! I got all the X Files, so have watched a couple of episodes and we >watched the second series of Hex. Hogfather was good - Vicar of Dibley was >rubbish which was disappointing. Ah well>>Jo>> ->

fraggle> > Tuesday, December 26, 2006 7:10 PM> Re: Merry Yule>>> glad ya'll had a good time and day> :)>> nuthin really exciting here> spent 5 hours making food....which turned out "only ok"....> so...eh..we'll see next time> went to toronado and got snookered> then came home and watched movies in bed with popcorn and sake...>> (inconvient truth...meh...)> (cars...disappointed)> black adder...always good....)> :)> cheers> fraggle>>>> > jo> Dec 25, 2006 4:08 AM> > Merry Yule>> > Hi All>> Merry Yule / Happy Christmas. I hope everyone is enjoying themselves >and has lots of lovely food to

celebrate.>> We had a lovely evening yesterday. We went to watch Peter in a >mumming play which travelled around the pubs of a lovely old village in >Wiltshire - Lacock. The first pub, The George, was built in 1361! - the >last pub I guess was built in the last 20 years. The play was excellent, >and received a good reception at each venue, and I particularly enjoyed >watching the torchlight procession through the village, to the >accompaniement of a drum and bell. Peter played Beelzebub - who apparently >likes good ale :-)>> On Solstice wew ent to see Iron Maiden ( & Trivium), which was good - >although they did not perform many of their old numbers. I particlarly >enjoyed having all my loved ones enjoying the show and singing along >together :-)>> BB to all>> Jo>>>I'm getting Pissed for X-mas>Just like the rest of the

Year>There's no future in this lonely world>So might as well have a beer>_______________Dave vs. Carl: The Insignificant Championship Series. Who will win? http://clk.atdmt.com/MSN/go/msnnkwsp0070000001msn/direct/01/?href=http://davevscarl.spaces.live.com/?icid=T001MSN38C07001To send an email to -

Hi Jo, I am surprised that you liked The Hogfather?..I thought that they totally destroyed it. I fell asleep half way through Vicar of Wobbly........ The Valley Vegan.............jo <jo.heartwork wrote:  That's the trouble with special meals - they take such a long time to prepare. I don't know Inconvenient Truth - Cars

was okay but not one of the best, and I agree about Black Adder. We have watched Shrek, which I love, and The Village :-) - tried Van Helsing, for about 15 minutes and then wiped it! I got all the X Files, so have watched a couple of episodes and we watched the second series of Hex. Hogfather was good - Vicar of Dibley was rubbish which was disappointing. Ah well Jo - fraggle Tuesday, December 26, 2006 7:10 PM Re: Merry Yule glad ya'll had a good time and day :) nuthin really exciting here spent 5 hours making food....which turned out "only ok".... so...eh..we'll see next time went to toronado and got snookered then came home and watched movies in bed with popcorn and sake... (inconvient truth...meh...) (cars...disappointed) black adder...always good....) :) cheers fraggle jo Dec 25, 2006 4:08 AM Merry Yule 

Hi All Merry Yule / Happy Christmas. I hope everyone is enjoying themselves and has lots of lovely food to celebrate. We had a lovely evening yesterday. We went to watch Peter in a mumming play which travelled around the pubs of a lovely old village in Wiltshire - Lacock. The first pub, The George, was built in 1361! - the last pub I guess was built in the last 20 years. The play was excellent, and received a good reception at each venue, and I particularly enjoyed watching the torchlight procession through the village, to the accompaniement of a drum and

bell. Peter played Beelzebub - who apparently likes good ale :-) On Solstice wew ent to see Iron Maiden ( & Trivium), which was good - although they did not perform many of their old numbers. I particlarly enjoyed having all my loved ones enjoying the show and singing along together :-) BB to all JoI'm getting Pissed for X-mas Just like the rest of the Year There's no future in this lonely world So might as well have a beer Peter H

Hi Peter

I'm surprised you say that! Terry Pratchett sat in on the filming and said how impressed he was that they had kept it just as he had imagined it.

Jo

-

peter VV

Friday, December 29, 2006 6:49 PM

Hi Jo,

I am surprised that you liked The Hogfather?..I thought that they totally destroyed it.

I fell asleep half way through Vicar of Wobbly........

The Valley Vegan.............jo <jo.heartwork wrote:

I don't know Inconvenient Truth - Cars was okay but not one of the best, and I agree about Black Adder. We have watched Shrek, which I love, and The Village :-) - tried Van Helsing, for about 15 minutes and then wiped it! I got all the X Files, so have watched a couple of episodes and we watched the second series of Hex. Hogfather was good - Vicar of Dibley was rubbish which was disappointing. Ah well

Jo

-

fraggle

(cars...disappointed)

cheers

fraggle

Hi All

BB to all

JoI'm getting Pissed for X-mas Just like the rest of the Year There's no future in this lonely world So might as well have a beer

Peter H

Yes, but some of the scenes were in a different order to the book, and quiet a bit of the scenes & dialogue was missed out . They watered down Teatimes charector, and some of the other acting wasnt up to much. The Unseen University wizards were a disappointment except for the Arch Chancellor, I thought his acting was realy good and suited the charector well. Some things are best left to imagination I think, and fantasy like this is one of them. As for Pratchett himself, well he`s not the most enigmatic charector in the world, and definately not an actor. He should stay the other side of the pen. Have you / colin read the wintersmith yet? The Valley Vegan..........jo <jo.heartwork wrote: Hi Peter I'm surprised you say that! Terry Pratchett sat in on the filming and said how impressed he was that they had kept it just as he had imagined it. Jo - peter VV Friday, December 29, 2006 6:49 PM Re: Merry Yule Hi Jo, I am surprised that you liked The Hogfather?..I thought that they totally destroyed it. I fell asleep half way through Vicar of Wobbly........ The Valley Vegan.............jo <jo.heartwork > wrote:  That's the trouble with special meals - they take such a long time to prepare. I don't know Inconvenient Truth - Cars was okay but not one of the best, and I agree about Black Adder. We have watched Shrek, which I love, and The Village :-) - tried Van Helsing, for about 15 minutes and then wiped it! I got all the X Files, so have watched a couple of episodes and we watched the second series of Hex. Hogfather was good - Vicar of Dibley was rubbish which was disappointing. Ah well Jo - fraggle Tuesday, December 26, 2006 7:10 PM Re: Merry Yule glad ya'll had a good time and day :) nuthin really exciting here spent 5 hours making food....which turned out "only ok".... so...eh..we'll see next time went to toronado and got snookered then came home and watched movies in bed with popcorn and sake... (inconvient truth...meh...) (cars...disappointed) black adder...always good....) :) cheers fraggle jo Dec 25, 2006 4:08 AM To:

Merry Yule  Hi All Merry Yule / Happy Christmas. I hope everyone is enjoying themselves and has lots of lovely food to celebrate. We had a lovely evening yesterday. We went to watch Peter in a mumming play which travelled around the pubs of a lovely old village in Wiltshire - Lacock. The first pub, The George, was built in 1361! - the last pub I guess was built in the last 20 years. The play was excellent, and received a good reception at each venue, and I particularly enjoyed watching the

torchlight procession through the village, to the accompaniement of a drum and bell. Peter played Beelzebub - who apparently likes good ale :-) On Solstice wew ent to see Iron Maiden ( & Trivium), which was good - although they did not perform many of their old numbers. I particlarly enjoyed having all my loved ones enjoying the show and singing along together :-) BB to all JoI'm getting Pissed for X-mas Just like the rest of the Year There's no future in this lonely world So might as well have a beer Peter H The all-new Mail goes wherever you go - free your email address from your Internet provider. Peter H

Send instant messages to your online friends http://uk.messenger.

We liked him (as did the other thousand or so people in the audience) when we saw him talk - so maybe he is enigmatic enough!

We've not read Wintersmith yet - we wait for the non-hardback version to come out.

Jo

-

peter VV

Saturday, December 30, 2006 8:44 AM

Yes, but some of the scenes were in a different order to the book, and quiet a bit of the scenes & dialogue was missed out . They watered down Teatimes charector, and some of the other acting wasnt up to much. The Unseen University wizards were a disappointment except for the Arch Chancellor, I thought his acting was realy good and suited the charector well.

Some things are best left to imagination I think, and fantasy like this is one of them.

As for Pratchett himself, well he`s not the most enigmatic charector in the world, and definately not an actor. He should stay the other side of the pen.

Have you / colin read the wintersmith yet?

The Valley Vegan..........jo <jo.heartwork wrote:

Hi Peter

I'm surprised you say that! Terry Pratchett sat in on the filming and said how impressed he was that they had kept it just as he had imagined it.

Jo

-

peter VV

Friday, December 29, 2006 6:49 PM

Hi Jo,

I am surprised that you liked The Hogfather?..I thought that they totally destroyed it.

I fell asleep half way through Vicar of Wobbly........

The Valley Vegan.............jo <jo.heartwork > wrote:

Jo

-

fraggle

(cars...disappointed)

cheers

fraggle

Hi All

BB to all

JoI'm getting Pissed for X-mas Just like the rest of the Year There's no future in this lonely world So might as well have a beer

Peter H

Peter H

Send instant messages to your online friends http://uk.messenger.

Wintersmith is the third part of a trilogy , and guess what, I hadnt read the other two as they are not part of the adult series, which are the only ones I have, but hey, it was still good. Have you read the last two the wee free men & a hat full of sky? The Valley Vegan...........jo <jo.heartwork wrote: We liked him (as did the other thousand or so people in the audience) when we saw him talk - so maybe he is enigmatic

enough! We've not read Wintersmith yet - we wait for the non-hardback version to come out. Jo - peter VV Saturday, December 30, 2006 8:44 AM Re: Merry Yule Yes, but some of the scenes were in a different order to the book, and quiet

a bit of the scenes & dialogue was missed out . They watered down Teatimes charector, and some of the other acting wasnt up to much. The Unseen University wizards were a disappointment except for the Arch Chancellor, I thought his acting was realy good and suited the charector well. Some things are best left to imagination I think, and fantasy like this is one of them. As for Pratchett himself, well he`s not the most enigmatic charector in the world, and definately not an actor. He should stay the other side of the pen. Have you / colin read the wintersmith yet? The Valley Vegan..........jo <jo.heartwork > wrote: Hi Peter I'm surprised you say that! Terry Pratchett sat in on the filming and said how impressed he was that they had kept it just as he had imagined it. Jo - peter VV Friday, December 29, 2006 6:49 PM Re: Merry Yule Hi Jo, I am surprised that you liked The Hogfather?..I thought that they

totally destroyed it. I fell asleep half way through Vicar of Wobbly........ The Valley Vegan.............jo <jo.heartwork > wrote:  That's the trouble with special meals - they take such a long time to prepare. I don't know Inconvenient Truth - Cars was okay but not one of the best, and I agree about Black Adder. We have watched Shrek, which I love, and The Village :-) - tried Van Helsing, for about 15 minutes and then wiped it! I got all the X Files, so have watched a couple of episodes and we watched the second series of Hex. Hogfather was good - Vicar of

Dibley was rubbish which was disappointing. Ah well Jo - fraggle Tuesday, December 26, 2006 7:10 PM Re: Merry Yule glad ya'll had a good time and day :) nuthin really exciting here spent 5 hours making food....which turned

out "only ok".... so...eh..we'll see next time went to toronado and got snookered then came home and watched movies in bed with popcorn and sake... (inconvient truth...meh...) (cars...disappointed) black adder...always good....) :) cheers fraggle jo Dec 25, 2006 4:08 AM Merry Yule  Hi All Merry Yule / Happy Christmas. I hope everyone is

enjoying themselves and has lots of lovely food to celebrate. We had a lovely evening yesterday. We went to watch Peter in a mumming play which travelled around the pubs of a lovely old village in Wiltshire - Lacock. The first pub, The George, was built in 1361! - the last pub I guess was built in the last 20 years. The play was excellent, and received a good reception at each venue, and I particularly enjoyed watching the torchlight procession through the village, to the accompaniement of a drum and bell. Peter played Beelzebub - who apparently likes good ale :-) On Solstice wew ent to see Iron Maiden ( & Trivium), which was good - although they did not perform many of their old numbers. I particlarly enjoyed having all my loved ones enjoying the

show and singing along together :-) BB to all JoI'm getting Pissed for X-mas Just like the rest of the Year There's no future in this lonely world So might as well have a beer Peter H The all-new Mail goes wherever you go - free your email address from your Internet provider. Peter H Send instant messages to your online friends http://uk.messenger. Peter H

Inbox full of spam? Get leading spam protection and 1GB storage with All New Mail.