IndiaDivine.org

Peculiar Veg*n Says Hi!

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Well, after reading a few day's posts, I decided you were all worth sticking around with. Haha... nah... I actually forgot that the holidays can take me away from my computer for days at a time. I'm back now and ready to introduce myself to you all. Hi!

My name is Toni. I'm from a quiet little area of Northeast Wisconsin, where being vegetarian is pretty easy. We even have a few vegetarian restaurants. I am currently a lacto-vegetarian making the switch to vegan. As a "cheesehead," I'm finding it hard to part with my colby and cheddar. I became a vegetarian after reading Diet for a Small Planet. It was recommended to me by a friend and coworker who was vegetarian. There was no turning back after that.

I look forward to getting to know you all and hope to make a few friends. Got IM? Feel free to add me <PeculiarDragon> Happy New Year!

Toni

Do not offend dragons for you are crunchy and taste good with catsup.

Welcome Toni, From sunny Wales. Hope you manage to get off the dairy o.k. feel free to chat about anything on here. The Valley Vegan.............Toni <peculiardragon wrote: Well, after reading a few day's posts, I decided you were all worth sticking around with. Haha... nah... I actually forgot that the holidays can take me away

from my computer for days at a time. I'm back now and ready to introduce myself to you all. Hi! My name is Toni. I'm from a quiet little area of Northeast Wisconsin, where being vegetarian is pretty easy. We even have a few vegetarian restaurants. I am currently a lacto-vegetarian making the switch to vegan. As a "cheesehead," I'm finding it hard to part with my colby and cheddar. I became a vegetarian after reading Diet for a Small Planet. It was recommended to me by a friend and coworker who was vegetarian. There was no turning back after that. I look forward to getting to know you all and hope to make a few friends. Got IM? Feel free to add me <PeculiarDragon> Happy New Year! Toni Do not offend dragons for you are crunchy and taste good with catsup. Peter H

Try the all-new Mail . "The New Version is radically easier to use" – The Wall Street Journal

cheers and welcome toni!

Toni Dec 28, 2006 7:27 AM Peculiar Veg*n Says Hi!

Well, after reading a few day's posts, I decided you were all worth sticking around with. Haha... nah... I actually forgot that the holidays can take me away from my computer for days at a time. I'm back now and ready to introduce myself to you all. Hi!

My name is Toni. I'm from a quiet little area of Northeast Wisconsin, where being vegetarian is pretty easy. We even have a few vegetarian restaurants. I am currently a lacto-vegetarian making the switch to vegan. As a "cheesehead," I'm finding it hard to part with my colby and cheddar. I became a vegetarian after reading Diet for a Small Planet. It was recommended to me by a friend and coworker who was vegetarian. There was no turning back after that.

I look forward to getting to know you all and hope to make a few friends. Got IM? Feel free to add me <PeculiarDragon> Happy New Year!

Toni

What gets us into trouble is not what we don't know, it's what we know for sure that just ain't so.

- Mark Twain

Hi Toni,

Nice to meet you! A friend of mine gave me the same book you mentioned

and I have plans to start reading it soon. Soon as I remember where

my secret-no-fault-put-it-here-so-it-doesn't-get-lost-place is --

AGAIN...

Blessings,

*mona

Hi Toni

Welcome to the group :-)

Jo

-

Toni

Thursday, December 28, 2006 3:27 PM

Peculiar Veg*n Says Hi!

Toni

hi toni so your findin it hard to give up your cheese you tell us ? have you tryed any of the vegan ones ? hope to help you more soon Toni <peculiardragon wrote: Well, after reading a few day's posts, I decided you were all worth sticking around with. Haha... nah... I actually forgot that the holidays can take me away from my computer for days at a time. I'm back now and ready to introduce myself to you all. Hi! My name is Toni. I'm from a quiet little area of Northeast Wisconsin, where being vegetarian is pretty easy. We even have a few vegetarian restaurants. I am currently a lacto-vegetarian making the switch to vegan. As a "cheesehead," I'm finding it hard to part with my colby and cheddar. I became a vegetarian after reading Diet for a Small Planet. It was recommended to me by a friend and coworker who was vegetarian. There was no turning back after that. I look forward to getting to know you all and hope to make a few friends. Got IM? Feel free to add me <PeculiarDragon> Happy New Year! Toni Do not offend dragons for you are crunchy and taste good with catsup. Send instant messages to your online friends http://uk.messenger.

I've never been able to develop a taste for the soy cheese, but the rice

slices are quite good and they melt beautifully. They make the best grilled

non-cheese sandwiches! One day I'm going to have to try making pizza with

it.

peace,

sharon

>louis stott <lsstott

>

>

>Re: Peculiar Veg*n Says Hi!

>Thu, 28 Dec 2006 19:52:52 +0000 (GMT)

>

>hi toni

> so your findin it hard to give up your cheese you tell us ?

> have you tryed any of the vegan ones ? hope to help you

> more soon

>

>

>Toni <peculiardragon wrote:

>

> Well, after reading a few day's posts, I decided you were all worth

>sticking around with. Haha... nah... I actually forgot that the holidays

>can take me away from my computer for days at a time. I'm back now and

>ready to introduce myself to you all. Hi!

>

> My name is Toni. I'm from a quiet little area of Northeast Wisconsin,

>where being vegetarian is pretty easy. We even have a few vegetarian

>restaurants. I am currently a lacto-vegetarian making the switch to vegan.

>As a " cheesehead, " I'm finding it hard to part with my colby and cheddar. I

>became a vegetarian after reading Diet for a Small Planet. It was

>recommended to me by a friend and coworker who was vegetarian. There was no

>turning back after that.

>

> I look forward to getting to know you all and hope to make a few

>friends. Got IM? Feel free to add me <PeculiarDragon> Happy New Year!

>

>

> Toni

> Do not offend dragons for you are crunchy and taste good with catsup.

>

>

>

>

Send instant messages to your online friends

>http://uk.messenger.

Dave vs. Carl: The Insignificant Championship Series.  Who will win?

http://clk.atdmt.com/MSN/go/msnnkwsp0070000001msn/direct/01/?href=http://davevsc\

arl.spaces.live.com/?icid=T001MSN38C07001

Unfortunately, yes... I have tried some vegan cheeses. The ones I've been able to find resemble the odor and flavor of vomit. Not to be gross, but that was the best analogy I could muster up. I haven't given up though... I'll either find a good brand or eventually develop a taste for it. Any suggested brands?

Toni

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and taste good with catsup.

louis stott <lsstott Sent: Thursday, December 28, 2006 1:52:52 PMRe: Peculiar Veg*n Says Hi!

hi toni

so your findin it hard to give up your cheese you tell us ?

have you tryed any of the vegan ones ? hope to help you

more soon

I'd lend you my copy, but I also put it in my secret won't-get-lost-and-I'll-remember-exactly-where-I-put-it-when-I-need-it place. Its around here somewhere...

Toni

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and taste good with catsup.

*mona <ahnochirah Sent: Thursday, December 28, 2006 12:17:03 PM Re: Peculiar Veg*n Says Hi!

Hi Toni, Nice to meet you! A friend of mine gave me the same book you mentioned and I have plans to start reading it soon. Soon as I remember where my secret-no-fault- put-it-here- so-it-doesn' t-get-lost- place is -- AGAIN... Blessings,*mona

I'd never even heard of rice slices. I'll be adding that to the list of things to look for on my next grocery trip.

Toni

Sharon Murch <grace4compassion Sent: Thursday, December 28, 2006 3:15:47 PMRe: Peculiar Veg*n Says Hi!

I've never been able to develop a taste for the soy cheese, but the rice slices are quite good and they melt beautifully. They make the best grilled non-cheese sandwiches! One day I'm going to have to try making pizza with it.peace,sharon>louis stott <lsstott> > >Re: Peculiar Veg*n Says Hi!>Thu, 28 Dec 2006 19:52:52 +0000 (GMT)>>hi toni> so your findin it hard to give up your cheese you tell us ?> have you tryed any of the vegan ones ? hope to help you> more soon>>>Toni <peculiardragon wrote:>> Well, after reading a few day's posts, I decided you were all worth >sticking around with. Haha... nah... I actually forgot

that the holidays >can take me away from my computer for days at a time. I'm back now and >ready to introduce myself to you all. Hi!>> My name is Toni. I'm from a quiet little area of Northeast Wisconsin, >where being vegetarian is pretty easy. We even have a few vegetarian >restaurants. I am currently a lacto-vegetarian making the switch to vegan. >As a "cheesehead," I'm finding it hard to part with my colby and cheddar. I >became a vegetarian after reading Diet for a Small Planet. It was >recommended to me by a friend and coworker who was vegetarian. There was no >turning back after that.>> I look forward to getting to know you all and hope to make a few >friends. Got IM? Feel free to add me <PeculiarDragon> Happy New Year!>>> Toni> Do not offend dragons for you are crunchy and taste good with

catsup.>>>>>>>>>>> Send instant messages to your online friends >http://uk.messenger._______________Dave vs. Carl: The Insignificant Championship Series. Who will win? http://clk.atdmt.com/MSN/go/msnnkwsp0070000001msn/direct/01/?href=http://davevscarl.spaces.live.com/?icid=T001MSN38C07001To send an email to -

Links<*> /<*> Your email settings: Individual Email | Traditional<*> To change settings online go to: /join (! ID required)<*> To change settings via email: -digest -fullfeatured <*>

http://www.galaxyfoods.com/ourbrands/usa/vegan.asp

Toni Dec 28, 2006 2:34 PM Re: Peculiar Veg*n Says Hi!

I'd never even heard of rice slices. I'll be adding that to the list of things to look for on my next grocery trip.

Toni

Sharon Murch <grace4compassion Sent: Thursday, December 28, 2006 3:15:47 PMRe: Peculiar Veg*n Says Hi!

I've never been able to develop a taste for the soy cheese, but the rice slices are quite good and they melt beautifully. They make the best grilled non-cheese sandwiches! One day I'm going to have to try making pizza with it.peace,sharon>louis stott <lsstott> > >Re: Peculiar Veg*n Says Hi!>Thu, 28 Dec 2006 19:52:52 +0000 (GMT)>>hi toni> so your findin it hard to give up your cheese you tell us ?> have you tryed any of the vegan ones ? hope to help you> more soon>>>Toni <peculiardragon wrote:>> Well, after reading a few day's posts, I decided you were all worth >sticking around with. Haha... nah... I actually forgot that the holidays >can take me away from my computer for days at a time. I'm back now and >ready to introduce myself to you all. Hi!>> My name is Toni. I'm from a quiet little area of Northeast Wisconsin, >where being vegetarian is pretty easy. We even have a few vegetarian >restaurants. I am currently a lacto-vegetarian making the switch to vegan. >As a "cheesehead," I'm finding it hard to part with my colby and cheddar. I >became a vegetarian after reading Diet for a Small Planet. It was >recommended to me by a friend and coworker who was vegetarian. There was no >turning back after that.>> I look forward to getting to know you all and hope to make a few >friends. Got IM? Feel free to add me <PeculiarDragon> Happy New Year!>>> Toni> Do not offend dragons for you are crunchy and taste good with catsup.>>>>>>>>>>> Send instant messages to your online friends >http://uk.messenger._______________Dave vs. Carl: The Insignificant Championship Series. Who will win? http://clk.atdmt.com/MSN/go/msnnkwsp0070000001msn/direct/01/?href=http://davevscarl.spaces.live.com/?icid=T001MSN38C07001To send an email to -

They don't seem to be all that easy to find. I have to go to the health

food store, or Wole Foods, to get them. They don't sell them at Safeway.

They are definitely better than soy cheese, though.

sharon

>Toni <peculiardragon

>

>

>Thu, 28 Dec 2006 14:34:58 -0800 (PST)

>

>I'd never even heard of rice slices. I'll be adding that to the list of

>things to look for on my next grocery trip.

>

>Toni

>Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and taste good

>with catsup.

>

>

>

>

>Sharon Murch <grace4compassion

>

>Thursday, December 28, 2006 3:15:47 PM

>

>

>I've never been able to develop a taste for the soy cheese, but the rice

>slices are quite good and they melt beautifully. They make the best

>grilled

>non-cheese sandwiches! One day I'm going to have to try making pizza with

>it.

>

>peace,

>sharon

>

>

> >louis stott <lsstott

> >

> >

> >Re: Peculiar Veg*n Says Hi!

> >Thu, 28 Dec 2006 19:52:52 +0000 (GMT)

> >

> >hi toni

> > so your findin it hard to give up your cheese you tell us ?

> > have you tryed any of the vegan ones ? hope to help you

> > more soon

> >

> >

> >Toni <peculiardragon wrote:

> >

> > Well, after reading a few day's posts, I decided you were all worth

> >sticking around with. Haha... nah... I actually forgot that the holidays

> >can take me away from my computer for days at a time. I'm back now and

> >ready to introduce myself to you all. Hi!

> >

> > My name is Toni. I'm from a quiet little area of Northeast Wisconsin,

> >where being vegetarian is pretty easy. We even have a few vegetarian

> >restaurants. I am currently a lacto-vegetarian making the switch to

>vegan.

> >As a " cheesehead, " I'm finding it hard to part with my colby and cheddar.

>I

> >became a vegetarian after reading Diet for a Small Planet. It was

> >recommended to me by a friend and coworker who was vegetarian. There was

>no

> >turning back after that.

> >

> > I look forward to getting to know you all and hope to make a few

> >friends. Got IM? Feel free to add me <PeculiarDragon> Happy New

>Year!

> >

> >

> > Toni

> > Do not offend dragons for you are crunchy and taste good with catsup.

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > Send instant messages to your online friends

> >http://uk.messenger.

>

>_______________

>Dave vs. Carl: The Insignificant Championship Series. Who will win?

>http://clk.atdmt.com/MSN/go/msnnkwsp0070000001msn/direct/01/?href=http://davevs\

carl.spaces.live.com/?icid=T001MSN38C07001

>

>

>

>To send an email to -

>

Hi Toni,

Welcome. Glad you decided we were worth sticking around with! :)

Teresa

-

Toni

Thursday, December 28, 2006 3:27 PM

Peculiar Veg*n Says Hi!

Toni

ill get back to you on this one as im getin a list for you ok Toni <peculiardragon wrote: Unfortunately, yes... I have tried some vegan cheeses. The ones I've been able to find resemble the odor and flavor of vomit. Not to be gross, but that was the best analogy I could muster up. I haven't given up though... I'll either find a good brand or eventually develop a taste for it. Any suggested brands? Toni Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and taste good with catsup. louis stott <lsstott (AT) (DOT) co.uk> Sent: Thursday, December 28, 2006 1:52:52 PMRe: Peculiar Veg*n Says Hi! hi toni so your findin it hard to give up your cheese you tell us ? have you tryed any of the vegan ones ? hope to help you more soon . Send instant messages to your online friends http://uk.messenger.