IndiaDivine.org

Dragon Books

Rate this topic

Guest guest

It seems rather expected of me to answer this question. LOL.

I'm currently reading Eragon. (I was curious after all it's popularity.) It was written by a 16 year old, so it is pretty safe. No lustful scenes. Thus far a pretty clever story... and far superior to the movie out now. The second book in the series is called Eldest and the third is expected out soon.

I read every one of the available Anne McCaffrey books before I was 15, so I'd say she should be able to handle them. I need to catch up on the newest ones myself. There is a chronological list of the books here...

http://www.annemccaffrey.net/books/series/pern/chronology.html Those should keep her busy for quite some time.

Toni

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and taste good with catsup.

Sharon Murch <grace4compassion Sent: Thursday, December 28, 2006 3:21:07 PMRe: as the year draws to a close

My daughter is into dragon books these days. Keeping in mind that she's 13, any good recommendations? I know Anne McCaffrey wrote lots, but if you are going to read them, where would you start, and would they be good for a 13 year old?

We went to see the film Eragon the other day. It was okay but not brilliant.

Jo

-

Toni

Thursday, December 28, 2006 10:47 PM

Re: Dragon Books

I'm currently reading Eragon. (I was curious after all it's popularity.) It was written by a 16 year old, so it is pretty safe. No lustful scenes. Thus far a pretty clever story... and far superior to the movie out now. The second book in the series is called Eldest and the third is expected out soon.

I read every one of the available Anne McCaffrey books before I was 15, so I'd say she should be able to handle them. I need to catch up on the newest ones myself. There is a chronological list of the books here...

http://www.annemccaffrey.net/books/series/pern/chronology.html Those should keep her busy for quite some time.

Toni

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and taste good with catsup.

Sharon Murch <grace4compassion Sent: Thursday, December 28, 2006 3:21:07 PMRe: as the year draws to a close

My daughter is into dragon books these days. Keeping in mind that she's 13, any good recommendations? I know Anne McCaffrey wrote lots, but if you are going to read them, where would you start, and would they be good for a 13 year old?

Yes, she started with Eragon and Eldest. Don't see the movie, by the way.

It officially " sucks " according to my daughter.

Do you have a recommendation of where to start with McCaffrey?

thx,

sharon

>Toni <peculiardragon

>

>

>Re: Dragon Books

>Thu, 28 Dec 2006 14:47:51 -0800 (PST)

>

>It seems rather expected of me to answer this question. LOL.

>

>I'm currently reading Eragon. (I was curious after all it's popularity.) It

>was written by a 16 year old, so it is pretty safe. No lustful scenes. Thus

>far a pretty clever story... and far superior to the movie out now. The

>second book in the series is called Eldest and the third is expected out

>soon.

>

>I read every one of the available Anne McCaffrey books before I was 15, so

>I'd say she should be able to handle them. I need to catch up on the newest

>ones myself. There is a chronological list of the books here...

>http://www.annemccaffrey.net/books/series/pern/chronology.html Those should

>keep her busy for quite some time.

>

>Toni

>Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and taste good

>with catsup.

>

>

>

>

>Sharon Murch <grace4compassion

>

>Thursday, December 28, 2006 3:21:07 PM

>Re: as the year draws to a close

>

>

>My daughter is into dragon books these days. Keeping in mind that she's

>13,

>any good recommendations? I know Anne McCaffrey wrote lots, but if you are

>going to read them, where would you start, and would they be good for a 13

>year old?

>

>

>

>

>

Your Hotmail address already works to sign into ! Get

it now

http://clk.atdmt.com/MSN/go/msnnkwme0020000001msn/direct/01/?href=http://get.liv\

e.com/messenger/overview

My daughter said it was a pretty sad departure from the book. I still like

to see the movies, because I like to see the visuals, even if the plot

doesn't meet the standards of the book. That rarely happens.

Now I love the LOTR movies. I have read LOTR at least once every five years

since I was 12 (and that was a VERY, VERY long time ago). Now I don't have

to read it. I can take a Sunday afternoon and watch it all. I really

didn't miss Tom Bombadil.

Harry Potter also.

peace,

sharon

> " jo " <jo.heartwork

>

>

>Fri, 29 Dec 2006 02:28:29 -0000

>

>We went to see the film Eragon the other day. It was okay but not

>brilliant.

>

>Jo

> -

> Toni

>

> Thursday, December 28, 2006 10:47 PM

> Re: Dragon Books

>

>

> It seems rather expected of me to answer this question. LOL.

>

> I'm currently reading Eragon. (I was curious after all it's popularity.)

>It was written by a 16 year old, so it is pretty safe. No lustful scenes.

>Thus far a pretty clever story... and far superior to the movie out now.

>The second book in the series is called Eldest and the third is expected

>out soon.

>

> I read every one of the available Anne McCaffrey books before I was 15,

>so I'd say she should be able to handle them. I need to catch up on the

>newest ones myself. There is a chronological list of the books here...

> http://www.annemccaffrey.net/books/series/pern/chronology.html Those

>should keep her busy for quite some time.

>

> Toni

> Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and taste

>good with catsup.

>

>

>

>

> Sharon Murch <grace4compassion

>

> Thursday, December 28, 2006 3:21:07 PM

> Re: as the year draws to a close

>

>

> My daughter is into dragon books these days. Keeping in mind that she's

>13,

> any good recommendations? I know Anne McCaffrey wrote lots, but if you

>are

> going to read them, where would you start, and would they be good for a

>13

> year old?

>

>

>

>

>

Find sales, coupons, and free shipping, all in one place!  MSN Shopping

Sales & Deals

http://shopping.msn.com/content/shp/?ctid=198,ptnrid=176,ptnrdata=200639

Too late... I was already subjected to the "suckiness" of Eragon the movie. Being the little boy in big boy clothes that he is, my dear Penchuri wanted to go see it. Even without reading the books yet, I knew they'd done a sad job of it. You can actually feel that there is so much missing. The visuals were stunning... I could have sworn Saphira would leap right off the screen. Too bad the story line didn't hold up to the visuals.

As for McCaffrey... I'd suggest the Pern series for dragon lovers. I would start with the Dragonriders of Pern Trilogy... Dragonflight, Dragonquest, and The White Dragon. If she prefers to folow the complete epic in chronological order, there is a listing on Anne McCaffrey's website (annemccaffrey.net). I hope she enjoys the series at least half as much as I did!

Toni

Sharon Murch <grace4compassion Sent: Thursday, December 28, 2006 10:19:08 PMRe: Dragon Books

Yes, she started with Eragon and Eldest. Don't see the movie, by the way. It officially "sucks" according to my daughter.Do you have a recommendation of where to start with McCaffrey?thx,sharon>Toni <peculiardragon@ >>@gro ups.com>@gro ups.com>Re: Dragon Books>Thu, 28 Dec 2006 14:47:51 -0800 (PST)>>It seems rather expected of me to answer this question. LOL.>>I'm currently reading Eragon. (I was curious after all it's popularity.) It >was written by a 16 year old, so it is pretty safe. No lustful scenes. Thus >far a pretty clever story... and far

superior to the movie out now. The >second book in the series is called Eldest and the third is expected out >soon.>>I read every one of the available Anne McCaffrey books before I was 15, so >I'd say she should be able to handle them. I need to catch up on the newest >ones myself. There is a chronological list of the books here...>http://www.annemcca ffrey.net/ books/series/ pern/chronology. html Those should >keep her busy for quite some time.>>Toni>Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and taste good >with catsup.>>>>>Sharon Murch <grace4compassion@ hotmail.com>>@gro ups.com>Thursday, December 28, 2006 3:21:07 PM>Re: as the year draws to a close>>>My daughter is into dragon books these days. Keeping in mind that she's >13,>any good recommendations? I know Anne McCaffrey wrote lots, but if you are>going to read them, where would you start, and would they be good for a 13>year old?>>___________ _________ _________ _________ _________ ___>>>http://mail. ____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _Your Hotmail address already works to sign into ! Get it now http://clk.atdmt. com/MSN/go/ msnnkwme00200000 01msn/direct/ 01/?href= http://get. live.com/ messenger/ overview

thought about seeing it

will prolly wait til it comes on showtime tho

jo Dec 28, 2006 6:28 PM Re: Dragon Books

Jo

-

Toni

Toni

What gets us into trouble is not what we don't know, it's what we know for sure that just ain't so.

- Mark Twain

i know someone who went ballistic over the LOTR films because they left too much

out..

she boycotted them and would go on fer days about how terrible they were because

they left tom and so much else out

heh

>Sharon Murch <grace4compassion

>Dec 28, 2006 8:28 PM

>

>

>My daughter said it was a pretty sad departure from the book. I still like

>to see the movies, because I like to see the visuals, even if the plot

>doesn't meet the standards of the book. That rarely happens.

>

>Now I love the LOTR movies. I have read LOTR at least once every five years

>since I was 12 (and that was a VERY, VERY long time ago). Now I don't have

>to read it. I can take a Sunday afternoon and watch it all. I really

>didn't miss Tom Bombadil.

>

>Harry Potter also.

>

>peace,

>sharon

What gets us into trouble is not what we don't know, it's what we know for sure

that just ain't so.

- Mark Twain

That's probably the best idea.

We tried to get to see Flushed Away (I know it's a kids film) today but the town was packed solid and we couldn't park - so I guess we'll wait for that to be on telly.

Jo

-

fraggle

Friday, December 29, 2006 5:30 PM

thought about seeing it

will prolly wait til it comes on showtime tho

jo Dec 28, 2006 6:28 PM Re: Dragon Books

Jo

-

Toni

Toni

What gets us into trouble is not what we don't know, it's what we know for sure that just ain't so.

- Mark Twain