IndiaDivine.org

Moon birds

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Last night the full Moon was so bright the birds were up all night,

which is unusual where I live. We have no street lighting, and it is

usually pitch black at night, and quiet. They were already flying

around a good one and a half hours before dawn.

Jo

all spring long, the birds sing non stop 24 hrs a day outside our windows...

scrub jays

mockingbirds

sparrows

ah...livin in the city

now we just have some finches, chickadees, and of course, pigeons...

:)

(have heard the jays about once a week, but they be hiding..haven't seen em)

fraggle

>heartwerk <jo.heartwork

>Jan 3, 2007 11:48 PM

>

> Moon birds

>

>Last night the full Moon was so bright the birds were up all night,

>which is unusual where I live. We have no street lighting, and it is

>usually pitch black at night, and quiet. They were already flying

>around a good one and a half hours before dawn.

>

>Jo

>

>

>

>To send an email to -

>

It always amazes me to hear the birds singing in the morning in the winter, after a storm, or when it's really cold. I see these teensy little balls of feathers and wonder how on earth they managed to survive that wind storm. Of course, you know I've been concerned about my mousies.

Then there is this little dog that lives somewhere in my neighborhood, with one of those little squeaky voices that puppies of small breeds have, and he cries and cries. He's obviously outside, and it is way to cold for a small breed puppy to be out. I wish I knew where he lived. I'd steal him. Or something.

peace,

sharon

On 1/4/07, fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote:

all spring long, the birds sing non stop 24 hrs a day outside our windows...scrub jaysmockingbirdssparrowsah...livin in the citynow we just have some finches, chickadees, and of course, pigeons...

:)(have heard the jays about once a week, but they be hiding..haven't seen em)fraggle>heartwerk <

jo.heartwork>Jan 3, 2007 11:48 PM>

> Moon birds>>Last night the full Moon was so bright the birds were up all night, >which is unusual where I live. We have no street lighting, and it is >usually pitch black at night, and quiet. They were already flying >around a good one and a half hours before dawn.>>Jo>>>>To send an email to

- >

you can't track the lil guy down to see if he's ok?

in someones backyard you can't see i take it??

right now we've got raccoons visiting the backyard everynite

they like the compost pile...

and drive the dogs nuts

Sharon Murch Jan 4, 2007 12:26 PM Re: Moon birds

It always amazes me to hear the birds singing in the morning in the winter, after a storm, or when it's really cold. I see these teensy little balls of feathers and wonder how on earth they managed to survive that wind storm. Of course, you know I've been concerned about my mousies.

Then there is this little dog that lives somewhere in my neighborhood, with one of those little squeaky voices that puppies of small breeds have, and he cries and cries. He's obviously outside, and it is way to cold for a small breed puppy to be out. I wish I knew where he lived. I'd steal him. Or something.

peace,

sharon

all spring long, the birds sing non stop 24 hrs a day outside our windows...scrub jaysmockingbirdssparrowsah...livin in the citynow we just have some finches, chickadees, and of course, pigeons... :)(have heard the jays about once a week, but they be hiding..haven't seen em)fraggle>heartwerk < jo.heartwork>Jan 3, 2007 11:48 PM> > Moon birds>>Last night the full Moon was so bright the birds were up all night, >which is unusual where I live. We have no street lighting, and it is >usually pitch black at night, and quiet. They were already flying >around a good one and a half hours before dawn.>>Jo>>>>To send an email to - >

It is a shame when people have animals and don't let them inside. Our neighbour has cats, and they are outside all the time - waiting for a warm car bonnet to sit on, or a car to shelter under when it is raining. :-(

Jo

-

Sharon Murch

Thursday, January 04, 2007 5:26 PM

Re: Moon birds

peace,

sharon

all spring long, the birds sing non stop 24 hrs a day outside our windows...scrub jaysmockingbirdssparrowsah...livin in the citynow we just have some finches, chickadees, and of course, pigeons... :)(have heard the jays about once a week, but they be hiding..haven't seen em)fraggle>heartwerk < jo.heartwork>Jan 3, 2007 11:48 PM> > Moon birds>>Last night the full Moon was so bright the birds were up all night, >which is unusual where I live. We have no street lighting, and it is >usually pitch black at night, and quiet. They were already flying >around a good one and a half hours before dawn.>>Jo>>>>To send an email to - >

Jo, this is what I was talking about in my introductory note to Celeste's story. It just seems as though there is so much suffering in the world ... you can remain closed off to it and go about your business, but for me, once I allow myself to hear that puppy, I really feel for it. And there are so many worse things going on. How about HLS? Hundreds, thousands of animals being tortured daily in the name of " research, " then disposed of like so much trash. Sometimes it is just overwhelming. I was reading a book recently about a woman who had a gorilla she was training to speak sign language (fiction). So I read the last page, which I rarely do, and discovered that the gorilla died. So I just put the book away, didn't read anymore.

The one paragraph in the Celeste story, about not reacting to pain and darkness by turning away from it, and thereby contributing to it, but by loving more ... that was the paragraph that really got me.

peace,

sharon

On 1/4/07, jo <jo.heartwork wrote:

It is a shame when people have animals and don't let them inside. Our neighbour has cats, and they are outside all the time - waiting for a warm car bonnet to sit on, or a car to shelter under when it is raining. :-(

Jo

-

Sharon Murch

Thursday, January 04, 2007 5:26 PM

peace,

sharon

On 1/4/07, fraggle <EBbrewpunx

> wrote:

all spring long, the birds sing non stop 24 hrs a day outside our windows...scrub jaysmockingbirdssparrowsah...livin in the citynow we just have some finches, chickadees, and of course, pigeons... :)(have heard the jays about once a week, but they be hiding..haven't seen em)fraggle>heartwerk <

> Moon birds>>Last night the full Moon was so bright the birds were up all night, >which is unusual where I live. We have no street lighting, and it is >usually pitch black at night, and quiet. They were already flying >around a good one and a half hours before dawn.>>Jo>>>>To send an email to

- >

Lots of animals visit the compost file, don't they. Ours is always being turned over, and various things eaten :-)

Jo

-

fraggle

Thursday, January 04, 2007 6:31 PM

and drive the dogs nuts

Sharon Murch Jan 4, 2007 12:26 PM Re: Moon birds

peace,

sharon

http://www.koko.org/

Sharon Murch Jan 4, 2007 1:55 PM Re: Moon birds

Jo, this is what I was talking about in my introductory note to Celeste's story. It just seems as though there is so much suffering in the world ... you can remain closed off to it and go about your business, but for me, once I allow myself to hear that puppy, I really feel for it. And there are so many worse things going on. How about HLS? Hundreds, thousands of animals being tortured daily in the name of "research," then disposed of like so much trash. Sometimes it is just overwhelming. I was reading a book recently about a woman who had a gorilla she was training to speak sign language (fiction). So I read the last page, which I rarely do, and discovered that the gorilla died. So I just put the book away, didn't read anymore.

The one paragraph in the Celeste story, about not reacting to pain and darkness by turning away from it, and thereby contributing to it, but by loving more ... that was the paragraph that really got me.

peace,

sharon

What gets us into trouble is not what we don't know, it's what we know for sure that just ain't so.

- Mark Twain

No, I have no idea where he lives. He has one of those barks that kind of echoes, which makes it difficult to pinpoint, but regardless it's not someone who is right next to me, so I'd have to be snooping around backyards right when he's barking. I'm not even sure if there might not be more than one. One day I heard a man yelling, then a little puppy (same voice) yelping, and I just stuck my head out the window and yelled, " Leave that puppy alone! " Haven't heard that since then anyway.

We have wildlife, too. I know we have raccoons in the neighborhood, but whatever we have is sneaking in under the fence, and the hole they have dug doesn't look deep enough for a racoon so I'm thinking maybe possums. It's really annoying having them dig holes under the fence, though, cause I have a really small dog (six pounds) and he can get out of their holes very easily. Of course, I don't let him out without supervision anyway cause I figure whatever it is back there it's gonna be bigger than him. That's how I broke my ankle, in fact ... trying to see what my little dog was barking at.

peace,

sharon

and drive the dogs nuts

Sharon Murch Jan 4, 2007 12:26 PM @gro

ups.com Re: Moon birds

peace,

sharon

On 1/4/07, fraggle <EBbrewpunx

> wrote:

all spring long, the birds sing non stop 24 hrs a day outside our windows...scrub jaysmockingbirdssparrowsah...livin in the citynow we just have some finches, chickadees, and of course, pigeons... :)(have heard the jays about once a week, but they be hiding..haven't seen em)fraggle>heartwerk <

- >

Thanks, Fraggle. I have to go get ready for my first actual internship assignment today, so I'll check it out later, and I HOPE IT'S HAPPY!

peace

and blessings,

sharon

http://www.koko.org/

Sharon Murch Jan 4, 2007 1:55 PM @gro

ups.com Re: Moon birds

Jo, this is what I was talking about in my introductory note to Celeste's story. It just seems as though there is so much suffering in the world ... you can remain closed off to it and go about your business, but for me, once I allow myself to hear that puppy, I really feel for it. And there are so many worse things going on. How about HLS? Hundreds, thousands of animals being tortured daily in the name of " research, " then disposed of like so much trash. Sometimes it is just overwhelming. I was reading a book recently about a woman who had a gorilla she was training to speak sign language (fiction). So I read the last page, which I rarely do, and discovered that the gorilla died. So I just put the book away, didn't read anymore.

peace,

sharon What gets us into trouble is not what we don't know, it's what we know for sure that just ain't so.

- Mark Twain