IndiaDivine.org

Fwd: DawnWatch: WKYC hog farm follow-up -- shocking footage. Please send thanks. 1/17/07

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Crossposting as is. Please write to the station and the reporter as pointed out below.DawnWatch <news wrote: Thu, 18 Jan 2007 10:26:16 -0700DawnWatch <newsd2or3Subject: DawnWatch: WKYC hog farm follow-up -- shocking footage. Please send thanks. 1/17/07In late November, WKYC in Ohio aired a story they headed, "Special Prosecutor investigates handling of pigs on northeast Ohio Hog Farm." They aired a follow-up the following evening, the anchor holding a big stack of emails received from viewers in response to the first story. Yesterday, January 17, the station aired a piece about the prosecutor's choice to move forward. The anchors mentioned that the case had generated interest not just across the viewing area but on the internet around the world. I send a

huge thank you to all who wrote! Signing off last night's story, reporter Bill Safos said, "We will follow the story because there has been much interest in this..."You can watch the January 17 follow-up story on line at http://www.wkyc.com/news/news_article.aspx?storyid=61805It includes horrifying footage of a conscious sow being hung, strangling slowly. And it includes a heartening quote from the prosecutor:"I think what we are doing is speaking up for the voiceless. They don't have any say in it. Animals can't report when they are being mistreated."The station has made it clear that public interest, your feedback, helps keep them on the case, so please send appreciative notes to newsPlease also send a special thank you to reporter Bill Safos at billsafos If you are in the Cleveland area, make sure WKYC knows you are a local viewer who is thrilled at the station's attention to this issue.Yours

and the animals',Karen Dawn(DawnWatch is an animal advocacy media watch that looks at animal issues in the media and facilitates one-click responses to the relevant media outlets. You can learn more about it, and sign up for alerts at http://www.DawnWatch.com. You may forward or reprint DawnWatch alerts if you do so unedited -- leave DawnWatch in the title and include this parenthesized tag line.)To discontinue DawnWatch alerts go to http://www.DawnWatch.com/nothanks.php-------You are d to DawnWatch using the following address:d2or3Thu Jan 18 10:16:29 2007 Dog got arthritis? I swear by Sea Jerky (comparable to Glycoflex); it's changed my sr. greyhound's life. He's mobile again.

Thanks.

When I was young you would see this sort of thing in the local town -

live pigs hung upside down, with their throats cut to drain the

blood, which was running into the gutters. It used to make me feel

sick, as does the memory!

Jo

, Deedee <d2or3 wrote:

>

> Crossposting as is. Please write to the station and the reporter as

pointed out below.

>

> DawnWatch <news wrote: Thu, 18 Jan 2007 10:26:16 -0700

> DawnWatch <news

> d2or3

> DawnWatch: WKYC hog farm follow-up -- shocking footage.

Please send thanks. 1/17/07

>

> In late November, WKYC in Ohio aired a story they headed, " Special

Prosecutor investigates handling of pigs on northeast Ohio Hog Farm. "

> They aired a follow-up the following evening, the anchor holding a

big stack of emails received from viewers in response to the first

story.

>

> Yesterday, January 17, the station aired a piece about the

prosecutor's choice to move forward. The anchors mentioned that the

case had generated interest not just across the viewing area but on

the internet around the world. I send a huge thank you to all who

wrote!

> Signing off last night's story, reporter Bill Safos said,

> " We will follow the story because there has been much interest in

this... "

>

> You can watch the January 17 follow-up story on line at

http://www.wkyc.com/news/news_article.aspx?storyid=61805

> It includes horrifying footage of a conscious sow being hung,

strangling slowly.

> And it includes a heartening quote from the prosecutor:

> " I think what we are doing is speaking up for the voiceless. They

don't have any say in it. Animals can't report when they are being

mistreated. "

>

> The station has made it clear that public interest, your feedback,

helps keep them on the case, so please send appreciative notes to

news

>

> Please also send a special thank you to reporter Bill Safos at

billsafos

>

> If you are in the Cleveland area, make sure WKYC knows you are a

local viewer who is thrilled at the station's attention to this issue.

>

> Yours and the animals',

> Karen Dawn

>

> (DawnWatch is an animal advocacy media watch that looks at animal

issues in the media and facilitates one-click responses to the

relevant media outlets. You can learn more about it, and sign up for

alerts at http://www.DawnWatch.com. You may forward or reprint

DawnWatch alerts if you do so unedited -- leave DawnWatch in the

title and include this parenthesized tag line.)

>

> To discontinue DawnWatch alerts go to

http://www.DawnWatch.com/nothanks.php

>

>

>

>

> -------

>

> You are d to DawnWatch using the following address:

>

> d2or3

>

> Thu Jan 18 10:16:29 2007

>

>

>

> Dog got arthritis? I swear by

Sea Jerky (comparable to Glycoflex); it's changed my sr. greyhound's

life. He's mobile again.

>

Plenty of butchers stalls in the market in Cardiff with carcasses hanging up and pigs heads and every sort of carnage you could dream of........... The Valley Vegan............heartwerk <jo.heartwork wrote: Thanks.When I was young you would see this sort of thing in the local town - live pigs hung upside down, with their throats cut to drain the blood, which was running into the gutters. It used to make me feel sick, as does the

memory!Jo , Deedee <d2or3 wrote:>> Crossposting as is. Please write to the station and the reporter as pointed out below.> > DawnWatch <news wrote: Thu, 18 Jan 2007 10:26:16 -0700> DawnWatch <news> d2or3 DawnWatch: WKYC hog farm follow-up -- shocking footage. Please send thanks. 1/17/07> > In late November, WKYC in Ohio aired a story they headed, "Special Prosecutor investigates handling of pigs on northeast Ohio Hog Farm." > They aired a follow-up the following evening, the anchor holding a big stack of emails received from viewers in response to the first story. > > Yesterday, January 17, the station aired a piece about the prosecutor's choice to move forward. The anchors mentioned that the case

had generated interest not just across the viewing area but on the internet around the world. I send a huge thank you to all who wrote! > Signing off last night's story, reporter Bill Safos said, > "We will follow the story because there has been much interest in this..."> > You can watch the January 17 follow-up story on line at http://www.wkyc.com/news/news_article.aspx?storyid=61805> It includes horrifying footage of a conscious sow being hung, strangling slowly. > And it includes a heartening quote from the prosecutor:> "I think what we are doing is speaking up for the voiceless. They don't have any say in it. Animals can't report when they are being mistreated."> > The station has made it clear that public interest, your feedback, helps keep them on the case, so please send

appreciative notes to news > Please also send a special thank you to reporter Bill Safos at billsafos > > If you are in the Cleveland area, make sure WKYC knows you are a local viewer who is thrilled at the station's attention to this issue.> > Yours and the animals',> Karen Dawn> > (DawnWatch is an animal advocacy media watch that looks at animal issues in the media and facilitates one-click responses to the relevant media outlets. You can learn more about it, and sign up for alerts at http://www.DawnWatch.com. You may forward or reprint DawnWatch alerts if you do so unedited -- leave DawnWatch in the title and include this parenthesized tag line.)> > To discontinue DawnWatch alerts go to http://www.DawnWatch.com/nothanks.php>

> > > > -------> > You are d to DawnWatch using the following address:> > d2or3 > Thu Jan 18 10:16:29 2007> > > > Dog got arthritis? I swear by Sea Jerky (comparable to Glycoflex); it's changed my sr. greyhound's life. He's mobile again.>Peter H

Inbox full of unwanted email? Get leading protection and 1GB storage with All New Mail.