IndiaDivine.org

Do it now

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Turn your TV off at the mains. Sets left on stand-by are still using 25 per cent of their power Have a shower. Baths are twice as costly in energy and water. Even better, use a water-saving shower head and save 70,000 litres of water over a decade. www.greenbuildingstore.co.uk Over half of our household waste is biodegradable. Don’t bin it and send it on a long journey by lorry to a landfill site that will increase your council tax and create pollution. Compost it or use a wormery and let friendly worms turn it into living soil www.greengardener.co.uk www.originalorganics.co.uk www.wigglywigglers.co.uk Ask if your dry cleaner uses “perc” (perchloroethylene), a suspected carcinogen that pollutes air and water. Switch to one that has phased it out: Lockwoods has, Sketchley and Jeeves are doing so The waste paper buried each year could fill 103,448 double-decker buses. End junk mail by registering with the mail preference service: www.mpsonline.org.uk or call 0845 7034599 Clean your house more cheaply and with fewer chemicals by using lemon juice to remove limescale and bleach your chopping board. Use soda crystals and bicarbonate of soda to shift stains on your work surfaces and to spin out your washing detergent — all for less than the cost of an all-purpose kitchen spray cleaner Don’t leave your

computer on standby. A PC left on for a year uses the same energy as an average household. Leaving the monitor on at night wastes enough power to microwave six dinnersPeter H

To help you stay safe and secure online, we've developed the all new Security Centre.

Hi Peter

It's always good to have advice, and a reminder. The one I would dispute is the shower over bath one. Surely this would depend on how much water you put in your bath to bathe in, or on how long you stand under the running shower. I don't like showers, but my bath is never more than a few inches full.

Jo

-

peter VV

Sunday, January 21, 2007 6:51 PM

Re: Do it now

Turn your TV off at the mains. Sets left on stand-by are still using 25 per cent of their power

Have a shower. Baths are twice as costly in energy and water. Even better, use a water-saving shower head and save 70,000 litres of water over a decade. www.greenbuildingstore.co.uk

Over half of our household waste is biodegradable. Don’t bin it and send it on a long journey by lorry to a landfill site that will increase your council tax and create pollution. Compost it or use a wormery and let friendly worms turn it into living soil www.greengardener.co.uk www.originalorganics.co.uk www.wigglywigglers.co.uk

Ask if your dry cleaner uses “perc” (perchloroethylene), a suspected carcinogen that pollutes air and water. Switch to one that has phased it out: Lockwoods has, Sketchley and Jeeves are doing so

The waste paper buried each year could fill 103,448 double-decker buses. End junk mail by registering with the mail preference service: www.mpsonline.org.uk or call 0845 7034599

Clean your house more cheaply and with fewer chemicals by using lemon juice to remove limescale and bleach your chopping board. Use soda crystals and bicarbonate of soda to shift stains on your work surfaces and to spin out your washing detergent — all for less than the cost of an all-purpose kitchen spray cleaner

Don’t leave your computer on standby. A PC left on for a year uses the same energy as an average household. Leaving the monitor on at night wastes enough power to microwave six dinners

Peter H

To help you stay safe and secure online, we've developed the all new Security Centre.

I agree, also an important thing to remember is how many people can use the same bath water, I usually have a bath, then my two daughters each jump in after me. You cant do that with a shower! The Valley Vegan................jo <jo.heartwork wrote: Hi Peter It's always good to have advice, and a reminder. The one I would dispute is the shower over

bath one. Surely this would depend on how much water you put in your bath to bathe in, or on how long you stand under the running shower. I don't like showers, but my bath is never more than a few inches full. Jo - peter VV Sunday, January 21, 2007 6:51 PM Re: Do it now Turn your TV off

at the mains. Sets left on stand-by are still using 25 per cent of their power Have a shower. Baths are twice as costly in energy and water. Even better, use a water-saving shower head and save 70,000 litres of water over a decade. www.greenbuildingstore.co.uk Over half of our household waste is biodegradable. Don’t bin it and send it on a long journey by lorry to a landfill site that will increase your council tax and create pollution. Compost it or use a wormery and let friendly worms turn it into living soil www.greengardener.co.uk www.originalorganics.co.uk www.wigglywigglers.co.uk Ask if your dry cleaner uses “perc” (perchloroethylene), a suspected carcinogen that pollutes air and water. Switch to one that has phased it out: Lockwoods has, Sketchley and Jeeves are doing so The waste paper buried each year could fill 103,448 double-decker buses. End junk mail by registering with the mail preference service: www.mpsonline.org.uk or call 0845 7034599 Clean your house more cheaply and with fewer chemicals by using lemon juice to remove limescale and bleach your chopping board. Use soda crystals and bicarbonate of soda to shift stains on your work surfaces and to spin out your washing detergent — all for less than the cost of an all-purpose kitchen spray cleaner Don’t leave your computer on standby. A PC left on for a year uses the same

energy as an average household. Leaving the monitor on at night wastes enough power to microwave six dinners Peter H To help you stay safe and secure online, we've developed the all new Security Centre. Peter H

All New Mail – Tired of Vi@gr@! come-ons? Let our SpamGuard protect you.

Hi Jo

Also, the length of time you want to spend. If you have a 2 minute shower, then you invariably will use less water. If you want to spend half an hour, you'll use loads more water in a shower than in a bath!

BB

Peter

On 21/01/07, jo <jo.heartwork wrote:

Hi Peter

It's always good to have advice, and a reminder. The one I would dispute is the shower over bath one. Surely this would depend on how much water you put in your bath to bathe in, or on how long you stand under the running shower. I don't like showers, but my bath is never more than a few inches full.

Jo

-

peter VV

Sunday, January 21, 2007 6:51 PM

Turn your TV off at the mains. Sets left on stand-by are still using 25 per cent of their power

Have a shower. Baths are twice as costly in energy and water. Even better, use a water-saving shower head and save 70,000 litres of water over a decade.

www.greenbuildingstore.co.uk

Over half of our household waste is biodegradable. Don't bin it and send it on a long journey by lorry to a landfill site that will increase your council tax and create pollution. Compost it or use a wormery and let friendly worms turn it into living soil www.greengardener.co.uk

www.originalorganics.co.uk www.wigglywigglers.co.uk

Ask if your dry cleaner uses "perc" (perchloroethylene), a suspected carcinogen that pollutes air and water. Switch to one that has phased it out: Lockwoods has, Sketchley and Jeeves are doing so

The waste paper buried each year could fill 103,448 double-decker buses. End junk mail by registering with the mail preference service:

www.mpsonline.org.uk or call 0845 7034599

Clean your house more cheaply and with fewer chemicals by using lemon juice to remove limescale and bleach your chopping board. Use soda crystals and bicarbonate of soda to shift stains on your work surfaces and to spin out your washing detergent — all for less than the cost of an all-purpose kitchen spray cleaner

Don't leave your computer on standby. A PC left on for a year uses the same energy as an average household. Leaving the monitor on at night wastes enough power to microwave six dinners

Peter H

To help you stay safe and secure online, we've developed the all new

Security Centre.

Hi Peter

That's right - nobody can say that one uses less water than the

other, without stating the depth (volume) of water in the bath or the

length of the shower.

BB

Jo

, " Peter Kebbell " <metalscarab

wrote:

>

> Hi Jo

>

> Also, the length of time you want to spend. If you have a 2 minute

shower,

> then you invariably will use less water. If you want to spend half

an hour,

> you'll use loads more water in a shower than in a bath!

>

> BB

> Peter

>

>

> On 21/01/07, jo <jo.heartwork wrote:

> >

> > Hi Peter

> >

> > It's always good to have advice, and a reminder. The one I would

dispute

> > is the shower over bath one. Surely this would depend on how

much water you

> > put in your bath to bathe in, or on how long you stand under the

running

> > shower. I don't like showers, but my bath is never more than a

few inches

> > full.

> >

> > Jo

> >

> > -

> > ** peter VV <swpgh01

> > *To:*

> > *Sent:* Sunday, January 21, 2007 6:51 PM

> > *Subject:* Re: Do it now

> >

> >

> > Turn your TV off at the mains. Sets left on stand-by are still

using 25

> > per cent of their power

> > Have a shower. Baths are twice as costly in energy and water.

Even better,

> > use a water-saving shower head and save 70,000 litres of water

over a

> > decade. www.greenbuildingstore.co.uk

> > Over half of our household waste is biodegradable. Don't bin it

and send

> > it on a long journey by lorry to a landfill site that will

increase your

> > council tax and create pollution. Compost it or use a wormery and

let

> > friendly worms turn it into living soil

> > www.greengardener.co.uk

> > www.originalorganics.co.uk

> > www.wigglywigglers.co.uk

> > Ask if your dry cleaner uses " perc " (perchloroethylene), a

suspected

> > carcinogen that pollutes air and water. Switch to one that has

phased it

> > out: Lockwoods has, Sketchley and Jeeves are doing so

> > The waste paper buried each year could fill 103,448 double-decker

buses.

> > End junk mail by registering with the mail preference service:

> > www.mpsonline.org.uk or call 0845 7034599

> > Clean your house more cheaply and with fewer chemicals by using

lemon

> > juice to remove limescale and bleach your chopping board. Use

soda crystals

> > and bicarbonate of soda to shift stains on your work surfaces and

to spin

> > out your washing detergent — all for less than the cost of an all-

purpose

> > kitchen spray cleaner

> > Don't leave your computer on standby. A PC left on for a year

uses the

> > same energy as an average household. Leaving the monitor on at

night wastes

> > enough power to microwave six dinners

> >

> >

> > Peter H

> >

> > ------------------------------

> > To help you stay safe and secure online, we've developed the all

new

> > Security

Centre<http://us.rd./mail/uk/taglines/default/security_centre

/*http://uk.security./>.

> >

> >

> >

> >

>

This has turned into a science experiment! Well my bath is half full, and three people use it, so I would assume that if someone has to shower , wash their hair and condition their hair times three would use at least the same ammount of water, probably more ( especially my kids - have to drag my youngest out of the shower! ) The Valley Vegan..............heartwerk <jo.heartwork wrote: Hi PeterThat's right - nobody can say that one uses less water than the

other, without stating the depth (volume) of water in the bath or the length of the shower.BBJo , "Peter Kebbell" <metalscarab wrote:>> Hi Jo> > Also, the length of time you want to spend. If you have a 2 minute shower,> then you invariably will use less water. If you want to spend half an hour,> you'll use loads more water in a shower than in a bath!> > BB> Peter> > > On 21/01/07, jo <jo.heartwork wrote:> >> > Hi Peter> >> > It's always good to have advice, and a reminder. The one I would dispute> > is the shower over bath one. Surely this would depend on how much water you> > put in your bath to bathe in, or on how long you stand under the running> >

shower. I don't like showers, but my bath is never more than a few inches> > full.> >> > Jo> >> > -> > ** peter VV <swpgh01> > *To:* > > *Sent:* Sunday, January 21, 2007 6:51 PM> > *Subject:* Re: Do it now> >> >> > Turn your TV off at the mains. Sets left on stand-by are still using 25> > per cent of their power> > Have a shower. Baths are twice as costly in energy and water. Even better,> > use a water-saving shower head and save 70,000 litres of water over a> > decade. www.greenbuildingstore.co.uk> > Over half of our household waste is biodegradable. Don't bin it and send> > it on a long journey by lorry to a landfill site

that will increase your> > council tax and create pollution. Compost it or use a wormery and let> > friendly worms turn it into living soil> > www.greengardener.co.uk> > www.originalorganics.co.uk> > www.wigglywigglers.co.uk> > Ask if your dry cleaner uses "perc" (perchloroethylene), a suspected> > carcinogen that pollutes air and water. Switch to one that has phased it> > out: Lockwoods has, Sketchley and Jeeves are doing so> > The waste paper buried each year could fill 103,448 double-decker buses.> > End junk mail by registering with the mail preference service:> > www.mpsonline.org.uk or call 0845 7034599> > Clean your house more cheaply and with fewer chemicals by using lemon> > juice to remove limescale and bleach your chopping board. Use soda crystals> > and bicarbonate of

soda to shift stains on your work surfaces and to spin> > out your washing detergent — all for less than the cost of an all-purpose> > kitchen spray cleaner> > Don't leave your computer on standby. A PC left on for a year uses the> > same energy as an average household. Leaving the monitor on at night wastes> > enough power to microwave six dinners> >> >> > Peter H> >> > ------------------------------> > To help you stay safe and secure online, we've developed the all new > > Security Centre<http://us.rd./mail/uk/taglines/default/security_centre/*http://uk.security./>.> >> >> > >

>>Peter H

The all-new Mail goes wherever you go - free your email address from your Internet provider.

silly question

but isn't the water sorta dirty by person number three?

peter VV Jan 22, 2007 2:21 PM Re: Do it now

This has turned into a science experiment!

Well my bath is half full, and three people use it, so I would assume that if someone has to shower , wash their hair and condition their hair times three would use at least the same ammount of water, probably more ( especially my kids - have to drag my youngest out of the shower! )

The Valley Vegan..............heartwerk <jo.heartwork wrote:

Hi PeterThat's right - nobody can say that one uses less water than the other, without stating the depth (volume) of water in the bath or the length of the shower.BBJo , "Peter Kebbell" <metalscarab wrote:>> Hi Jo> > Also, the length of time you want to spend. If you have a 2 minute shower,> then you invariably will use less water. If you want to spend half an hour,> you'll use loads more water in a shower than in a bath!> > BB> Peter> > > On 21/01/07, jo <jo.heartwork wrote:> >> > Hi Peter> >> > It's always good to have advice, and a reminder. The one I would dispute> > is the shower over bath one. Surely this would depend on how much water you> > put in your bath to bathe in, or on how long you stand under the running> > shower. I don't like showers, but my bath is never more than a few inches> > full.> >> > Jo> >> > -> > ** peter VV <swpgh01> > *To:* > > *Sent:* Sunday, January 21, 2007 6:51 PM> > *Subject:* Re: Do it now> >> >> > Turn your TV off at the mains. Sets left on stand-by are still using 25> > per cent of their power> > Have a shower. Baths are twice as costly in energy and water. Even better,> > use a water-saving shower head and save 70,000 litres of water over a> > decade. www.greenbuildingstore.co.uk> > Over half of our household waste is biodegradable. Don't bin it and send> > it on a long journey by lorry to a landfill site that will increase your> > council tax and create pollution. Compost it or use a wormery and let> > friendly worms turn it into living soil> > www.greengardener.co.uk> > www.originalorganics.co.uk> > www.wigglywigglers.co.uk> > Ask if your dry cleaner uses "perc" (perchloroethylene), a suspected> > carcinogen that pollutes air and water. Switch to one that has phased it> > out: Lockwoods has, Sketchley and Jeeves are doing so> > The waste paper buried each year could fill 103,448 double-decker buses.> > End junk mail by registering with the mail preference service:> > www.mpsonline.org.uk or call 0845 7034599> > Clean your house more cheaply and with fewer chemicals by using lemon> > juice to remove limescale and bleach your chopping board. Use soda crystals> > and bicarbonate of soda to shift stains on your work surfaces and to spin> > out your washing detergent — all for less than the cost of an all-purpose> > kitchen spray cleaner> > Don't leave your computer on standby. A PC left on for a year uses the> > same energy as an average household. Leaving the monitor on at night wastes> > enough power to microwave six dinners> >> >> > Peter H> >> > ------------------------------> > To help you stay safe and secure online, we've developed the all new > > Security Centre<http://us.rd./mail/uk/taglines/default/security_centre/*http://uk.security./>.> >> >> > > >>

Peter H

The all-new Mail goes wherever you go - free your email address from your Internet provider.

"Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired, signifies in the final sense a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed." -- Dwight Eisenhower

The Young Ones springs to mind :-)

Jo

-

fraggle

Monday, January 22, 2007 8:29 PM

silly question

Well my bath is half full, and three people use it, so I would assume that if someone has to shower , wash their hair and condition their hair times three would use at least the same ammount of water, probably more ( especially my kids - have to drag my youngest out of the shower! )

The Valley Vegan..............heartwerk <jo.heartwork wrote:

Hi PeterThat's right - nobody can say that one uses less water than the other, without stating the depth (volume) of water in the bath or the length of the shower.BBJo , "Peter Kebbell" <metalscarab wrote:>> Hi Jo> > Also, the length of time you want to spend. If you have a 2 minute shower,> then you invariably will use less water. If you want to spend half an hour,> you'll use loads more water in a shower than in a bath!> > BB> Peter> > > On 21/01/07, jo <jo.heartwork wrote:> >> > Hi Peter> >> > It's always good to have advice, and a reminder. The one I would dispute> > is the shower over bath one. Surely this would depend on how much water you> > put in your bath to bathe in, or on how long you stand under the running> > shower. I don't like showers, but my bath is never more than a few inches> > full.> >> > Jo> >> > -> > ** peter VV <swpgh01> > *To:* > > *Sent:* Sunday, January 21, 2007 6:51 PM> > *Subject:* Re: Do it now> >> >> > Turn your TV off at the mains. Sets left on stand-by are still using 25> > per cent of their power> > Have a shower. Baths are twice as costly in energy and water. Even better,> > use a water-saving shower head and save 70,000 litres of water over a> > decade. www.greenbuildingstore.co.uk> > Over half of our household waste is biodegradable. Don't bin it and send> > it on a long journey by lorry to a landfill site that will increase your> > council tax and create pollution. Compost it or use a wormery and let> > friendly worms turn it into living soil> > www.greengardener.co.uk> > www.originalorganics.co.uk> > www.wigglywigglers.co.uk> > Ask if your dry cleaner uses "perc" (perchloroethylene), a suspected> > carcinogen that pollutes air and water. Switch to one that has phased it> > out: Lockwoods has, Sketchley and Jeeves are doing so> > The waste paper buried each year could fill 103,448 double-decker buses.> > End junk mail by registering with the mail preference service:> > www.mpsonline.org.uk or call 0845 7034599> > Clean your house more cheaply and with fewer chemicals by using lemon> > juice to remove limescale and bleach your chopping board. Use soda crystals> > and bicarbonate of soda to shift stains on your work surfaces and to spin> > out your washing detergent — all for less than the cost of an all-purpose> > kitchen spray cleaner> > Don't leave your computer on standby. A PC left on for a year uses the> > same energy as an average household. Leaving the monitor on at night wastes> > enough power to microwave six dinners> >> >> > Peter H> >> > ------------------------------> > To help you stay safe and secure online, we've developed the all new > > Security Centre<http://us.rd./mail/uk/taglines/default/security_centre/*http://uk.security./>.> >> >> > > >>

Peter H

"Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired, signifies in the final sense a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed." -- Dwight Eisenhower

sorta, but then we are not a very dirty family! we are not miners any more ! I am sure thats not what you were implying? The Valley Vegan................fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote: silly question but isn't the water sorta dirty by person number three? peter VV Jan 22, 2007 2:21 PM To:

Re: Do it now This has turned into a science experiment! Well my bath is half full, and three people use it, so I would assume that if someone has to shower , wash their hair and condition their hair times three would use at least the same ammount of water, probably more ( especially my kids - have to drag my youngest out of the shower! ) The Valley Vegan..............heartwerk <jo.heartwork > wrote: Hi PeterThat's right - nobody can say that one uses less water than the other, without stating the depth (volume) of water in the bath or the length of the shower.BBJo ,

"Peter Kebbell" <metalscarab wrote:>> Hi Jo> > Also, the length of time you want to spend. If you have a 2 minute shower,> then you invariably will use less water. If you want to spend half an hour,> you'll use loads more water in a shower than in a bath!> > BB> Peter> > > On 21/01/07, jo <jo.heartwork wrote:> >> > Hi Peter> >> > It's always good to have advice, and a reminder. The one I would dispute> > is the shower over bath one. Surely this would depend on how much water you> > put in your bath to bathe in, or on how long you stand under the running> > shower. I don't like showers, but my bath is never more than a few inches> > full.> >> > Jo> >> > -> > ** peter VV

<swpgh01> > *To:* > > *Sent:* Sunday, January 21, 2007 6:51 PM> > *Subject:* Re: Do it now> >> >> > Turn your TV off at the mains. Sets left on stand-by are still using 25> > per cent of their power> > Have a shower. Baths are twice as costly in energy and water. Even better,> > use a water-saving shower head and save 70,000 litres of water over a> > decade. www.greenbuildingstore.co.uk> > Over half of our household waste is biodegradable. Don't bin it and send> > it on a long journey by lorry to a landfill site that will increase your> > council tax and create pollution. Compost it or use a wormery and let> > friendly worms turn it into living soil> >

www.greengardener.co.uk> > www.originalorganics.co.uk> > www.wigglywigglers.co.uk> > Ask if your dry cleaner uses "perc" (perchloroethylene), a suspected> > carcinogen that pollutes air and water. Switch to one that has phased it> > out: Lockwoods has, Sketchley and Jeeves are doing so> > The waste paper buried each year could fill 103,448 double-decker buses.> > End junk mail by registering with the mail preference service:> > www.mpsonline.org.uk or call 0845 7034599> > Clean your house more cheaply and with fewer chemicals by using lemon> > juice to remove limescale and bleach your chopping board. Use soda crystals> > and bicarbonate of soda to shift stains on your work surfaces and to spin> > out your washing detergent — all for less than the cost of an all-purpose> > kitchen spray

cleaner> > Don't leave your computer on standby. A PC left on for a year uses the> > same energy as an average household. Leaving the monitor on at night wastes> > enough power to microwave six dinners> >> >> > Peter H> >> > ------------------------------> > To help you stay safe and secure online, we've developed the all new > > Security Centre<http://us.rd./mail/uk/taglines/default/security_centre/*http://uk.security./>.> >> >> > > >> Peter H The all-new Mail goes wherever you go - free your email address from your Internet provider. "Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired, signifies in the final sense a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed." -- Dwight Eisenhower Peter H

Inbox full of spam? Get leading spam protection and 1GB storage with All New Mail.

didn't think you were ever a miner

i'm implying that people get dirty..and by the third person, bath water must be dirty as well

guess its more of the culture divide...

heck, many places here don't even have baths...only showers...

peter VV Jan 23, 2007 2:11 PM Re: Do it now

sorta, but then we are not a very dirty family! we are not miners any more !

I am sure thats not what you were implying?

The Valley Vegan................fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote:

silly question

The Valley Vegan..............heartwerk <jo.heartwork > wrote:

Peter H

The all-new Mail goes wherever you go - free your email address from your Internet provider. "Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired, signifies in the final sense a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed." -- Dwight Eisenhower

Peter H

Inbox full of spam? Get leading spam protection and 1GB storage with All New Mail.

Japanese think us westerners are dirty for wallowing in our own filth ( bathing ) The Valley Vegan.............fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote: didn't think you were ever a miner i'm implying that people get dirty..and by the third person, bath water must be dirty as well guess its more of the culture divide... heck, many places here don't even have baths...only showers... peter VV Jan 23, 2007 2:11 PM Re: Do it now sorta, but then we are not a very dirty family! we are not miners any more ! I am sure thats not what you were implying? The Valley Vegan................fraggle <EBbrewpunx (AT) earthlink (DOT) com> wrote: silly question but isn't the water sorta dirty by person number three? peter VV Jan 22, 2007 2:21 PM Re: Do it now This has turned into a science experiment! Well my bath is half full, and three people use it, so I would assume that if someone has to shower , wash their hair and condition their hair times three would use at least the same ammount of water, probably more ( especially my kids - have to drag my youngest out of the shower! ) The Valley Vegan..............heartwerk <jo.heartwork > wrote: Hi PeterThat's right - nobody can say that one uses less water than the other, without stating the depth (volume) of water in the bath or the length of the shower.BBJo , "Peter Kebbell" <metalscarab wrote:>> Hi Jo> > Also, the

length of time you want to spend. If you have a 2 minute shower,> then you invariably will use less water. If you want to spend half an hour,> you'll use loads more water in a shower than in a bath!> > BB> Peter> > > On 21/01/07, jo <jo.heartwork wrote:> >> > Hi Peter> >> > It's always good to have advice, and a reminder. The one I would dispute> > is the shower over bath one. Surely this would depend on how much water you> > put in your bath to bathe in, or on how long you stand under the running> > shower. I don't like showers, but my bath is never more than a few inches> > full.> >> > Jo> >> > -> > ** peter VV <swpgh01> > *To:* > > *Sent:* Sunday, January 21, 2007 6:51 PM> > *Subject:* Re: Do it now> >> >> > Turn your TV off at the mains. Sets left on stand-by are still using 25> > per cent of their power> > Have a shower. Baths are twice as costly in energy and water. Even better,> > use a water-saving shower head and save 70,000 litres of water over a> > decade. www.greenbuildingstore.co.uk> > Over half of our household waste is biodegradable. Don't bin it and send> > it on a long journey by lorry to a landfill site that will increase your> > council tax and create pollution. Compost it or use a wormery and let> > friendly worms turn it into living soil> > www.greengardener.co.uk> >

www.originalorganics.co.uk> > www.wigglywigglers.co.uk> > Ask if your dry cleaner uses "perc" (perchloroethylene), a suspected> > carcinogen that pollutes air and water. Switch to one that has phased it> > out: Lockwoods has, Sketchley and Jeeves are doing so> > The waste paper buried each year could fill 103,448 double-decker buses.> > End junk mail by registering with the mail preference service:> > www.mpsonline.org.uk or call 0845 7034599> > Clean your house more cheaply and with fewer chemicals by using lemon> > juice to remove limescale and bleach your chopping board. Use soda crystals> > and bicarbonate of soda to shift stains on your work surfaces and to spin> > out your washing detergent — all for less than the cost of an all-purpose> > kitchen spray cleaner> > Don't leave your computer on

standby. A PC left on for a year uses the> > same energy as an average household. Leaving the monitor on at night wastes> > enough power to microwave six dinners> >> >> > Peter H> >> > ------------------------------> > To help you stay safe and secure online, we've developed the all new > > Security Centre<http://us.rd./mail/uk/taglines/default/security_centre/*http://uk.security./>.> >> >> > > >> Peter H The all-new Mail goes wherever you go - free your email address from your Internet provider. "Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired, signifies in the final sense a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed." -- Dwight Eisenhower Peter H Inbox full of spam? Get leading spam protection and 1GB storage with All New Mail. "Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired, signifies in the final sense a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed." -- Dwight Eisenhower Peter H

Hi Peter,

I cannot take a shower in 2 minutes!

I scrub my body twice and very carefully.

I also think that the water pressure on the faucet

has something to do with it.

we haven't got much water here, we rely on rain.

it would be wonderful to build an outdoor

shower based on rainfall.

-anouk

, " heartwerk " <jo.heartwork wrote:

>

> Hi Peter

>

> That's right - nobody can say that one uses less water than the

> other, without stating the depth (volume) of water in the bath or the

> length of the shower.

>

> BB

> Jo

>

> , " Peter Kebbell " <metalscarab@>

> wrote:

> >

> > Hi Jo

> >

> > Also, the length of time you want to spend. If you have a 2 minute

> shower,

> > then you invariably will use less water. If you want to spend half

> an hour,

> > you'll use loads more water in a shower than in a bath!

> >

> > BB

> > Peter

> >

> >

> > On 21/01/07, jo <jo.heartwork@> wrote:

> > >

> > > Hi Peter

> > >

> > > It's always good to have advice, and a reminder. The one I would

> dispute

> > > is the shower over bath one. Surely this would depend on how

> much water you

> > > put in your bath to bathe in, or on how long you stand under the

> running

> > > shower. I don't like showers, but my bath is never more than a

> few inches

> > > full.

> > >

> > > Jo

> > >

> > > -

> > > ** peter VV <swpgh01@>

> > > *To:*

> > > *Sent:* Sunday, January 21, 2007 6:51 PM

> > > *Subject:* Re: Do it now

> > >

> > >

> > > Turn your TV off at the mains. Sets left on stand-by are still

> using 25

> > > per cent of their power

> > > Have a shower. Baths are twice as costly in energy and water.

> Even better,

> > > use a water-saving shower head and save 70,000 litres of water

> over a

> > > decade. www.greenbuildingstore.co.uk

> > > Over half of our household waste is biodegradable. Don't bin it

> and send

> > > it on a long journey by lorry to a landfill site that will

> increase your

> > > council tax and create pollution. Compost it or use a wormery and

> let

> > > friendly worms turn it into living soil

> > > www.greengardener.co.uk

> > > www.originalorganics.co.uk

> > > www.wigglywigglers.co.uk

> > > Ask if your dry cleaner uses " perc " (perchloroethylene), a

> suspected

> > > carcinogen that pollutes air and water. Switch to one that has

> phased it

> > > out: Lockwoods has, Sketchley and Jeeves are doing so

> > > The waste paper buried each year could fill 103,448 double-decker

> buses.

> > > End junk mail by registering with the mail preference service:

> > > www.mpsonline.org.uk or call 0845 7034599

> > > Clean your house more cheaply and with fewer chemicals by using

> lemon

> > > juice to remove limescale and bleach your chopping board. Use

> soda crystals

> > > and bicarbonate of soda to shift stains on your work surfaces and

> to spin

> > > out your washing detergent — all for less than the cost of an all-

> purpose

> > > kitchen spray cleaner

> > > Don't leave your computer on standby. A PC left on for a year

> uses the

> > > same energy as an average household. Leaving the monitor on at

> night wastes

> > > enough power to microwave six dinners

> > >

> > >

> > > Peter H

> > >

> > > ------------------------------

> > > To help you stay safe and secure online, we've developed the all

> new

> > > Security

> Centre<http://us.rd./mail/uk/taglines/default/security_centre

> /*http://uk.security./>.

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> >

>

no yuck sorry

I couldn't do it,

use someone elses water.

maybe if it was my dad and I were a kid, then yes.

-anouk

, peter VV <swpgh01 wrote:

>

> This has turned into a science experiment!

> Well my bath is half full, and three people use it, so I would

assume that if someone has to shower , wash their hair and condition

their hair times three would use at least the same ammount of water,

probably more ( especially my kids - have to drag my youngest out of

the shower! )

>

> The Valley Vegan..............

>

> heartwerk <jo.heartwork wrote:

at least people clean themselves now,

I can't imagine what it mus'tve been like hundreds of years ago

the stench, when people didn't bathe.

-- In , peter VV <swpgh01 wrote:

>

> Japanese think us westerners are dirty for wallowing in our own

filth ( bathing )

>

> The Valley Vegan.............

>

I dunno... this whole conversation reminds me of the quote from Queen Elizabeth I... she was very proud of her personal hygene, and once announced that " I have a bath every year, whether I need it or not " !!!

BB

Peter

On 23/01/07, fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote:

i'm implying that people get dirty..and by the third person, bath water must be dirty as well

peter VV

Jan 23, 2007 2:11 PM

silly question

peter VV Jan 22, 2007 2:21 PM @gro

ups.com Re: Do it now

Hi PeterThat's right - nobody can say that one uses less water than the other, without stating the depth (volume) of water in the bath or the length of the shower.BBJo

, " Peter Kebbell " <metalscarab wrote:>> Hi Jo> > Also, the length of time you want to spend. If you have a 2 minute shower,> then you invariably will use less water. If you want to spend half an hour,> you'll use loads more water in a shower than in a bath!> > BB> Peter> > > On 21/01/07, jo <jo.heartwork wrote:> >> > Hi Peter

> >> > It's always good to have advice, and a reminder. The one I would dispute> > is the shower over bath one. Surely this would depend on how much water you> > put in your bath to bathe in, or on how long you stand under the running> > shower. I don't like showers, but my bath is never more than a few inches> > full.> >> > Jo> >> > -> > ** peter VV <swpgh01

> > *To:* > > *Sent:* Sunday, January 21, 2007 6:51 PM

> > *Subject:* Re: Do it now> >> >> > Turn your TV off at the mains. Sets left on stand-by are still using 25> > per cent of their power> > Have a shower. Baths are twice as costly in energy and water. Even better,> > use a water-saving shower head and save 70,000 litres of water over a> > decade. www.greenbuildingst

ore.co.uk> > Over half of our household waste is biodegradable. Don't bin it and send> > it on a long journey by lorry to a landfill site that will increase your> > council tax and create pollution. Compost it or use a wormery and let> > friendly worms turn it into living soil> > www.greengardener.co.uk> > www.originalorganic

s.co.uk> > www.wigglywigglers.

co.uk> > Ask if your dry cleaner uses " perc " (perchloroethylene), a suspected> > carcinogen that pollutes air and water. Switch to one that has phased it> > out: Lockwoods has, Sketchley and Jeeves are doing so

> > The waste paper buried each year could fill 103,448 double-decker buses.> > End junk mail by registering with the mail preference service:> > www.mpsonline.

org.uk or call 0845 7034599> > Clean your house more cheaply and with fewer chemicals by using lemon> > juice to remove limescale and bleach your chopping board. Use soda crystals> > and bicarbonate of soda to shift stains on your work surfaces and to spin> > out your washing detergent — all for less than the cost of an all-purpose> > kitchen spray cleaner> > Don't leave your computer on standby. A PC left on for a year

uses the> > same energy as an average household. Leaving the monitor on at night wastes> > enough power to microwave six dinners> >> >> > Peter H> >> > ------------------------------

> > To help you stay safe and secure online, we've developed the all new > > Security Centre<

http://us.rd./mail/uk/taglines/default/security_centre/*http://uk.security./>.

> >> >> > > >>

Peter H

The

all-new Mail goes wherever you go - free your email address from your Internet provider. " Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired, signifies in the final sense a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed. " -- Dwight Eisenhower

Peter H

" Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired, signifies in the final sense a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed. "

-- Dwight Eisenhower

I must admit that I don't like the idea. If I was going to share the bath I would let my kids use it first.

Jo

-

fraggle

Tuesday, January 23, 2007 9:11 PM

peter VV Jan 23, 2007 2:11 PM Re: Do it now

silly question

Peter H

The all-new Mail goes wherever you go - free your email address from your Internet provider. "Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired, signifies in the final sense a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed." -- Dwight Eisenhower

Peter H

do you own the pace you live Anouk?

you could always build a cistern with a solar solar attachment

:)

>flower child <zurumato

>Jan 24, 2007 12:17 AM

>

>Re: Do it now

>

>Hi Peter,

>

>I cannot take a shower in 2 minutes!

>I scrub my body twice and very carefully.

>I also think that the water pressure on the faucet

>has something to do with it.

>

>we haven't got much water here, we rely on rain.

>it would be wonderful to build an outdoor

>shower based on rainfall.

>

>-anouk

>

> , " heartwerk " <jo.heartwork wrote:

>>

>> Hi Peter

>>

>> That's right - nobody can say that one uses less water than the

>> other, without stating the depth (volume) of water in the bath or the

>> length of the shower.

>>

>> BB

>> Jo

>>

>> , " Peter Kebbell " <metalscarab@>

>> wrote:

>> >

>> > Hi Jo

>> >

>> > Also, the length of time you want to spend. If you have a 2 minute

>> shower,

>> > then you invariably will use less water. If you want to spend half

>> an hour,

>> > you'll use loads more water in a shower than in a bath!

>> >

>> > BB

>> > Peter

>> >

>> >

>> > On 21/01/07, jo <jo.heartwork@> wrote:

>> > >

>> > > Hi Peter

>> > >

>> > > It's always good to have advice, and a reminder. The one I would

>> dispute

>> > > is the shower over bath one. Surely this would depend on how

>> much water you

>> > > put in your bath to bathe in, or on how long you stand under the

>> running

>> > > shower. I don't like showers, but my bath is never more than a

>> few inches

>> > > full.

>> > >

>> > > Jo

>> > >

>> > > -

>> > > ** peter VV <swpgh01@>

>> > > *To:*

>> > > *Sent:* Sunday, January 21, 2007 6:51 PM

>> > > *Subject:* Re: Do it now

>> > >

>> > >

>> > > Turn your TV off at the mains. Sets left on stand-by are still

>> using 25

>> > > per cent of their power

>> > > Have a shower. Baths are twice as costly in energy and water.

>> Even better,

>> > > use a water-saving shower head and save 70,000 litres of water

>> over a

>> > > decade. www.greenbuildingstore.co.uk

>> > > Over half of our household waste is biodegradable. Don't bin it

>> and send

>> > > it on a long journey by lorry to a landfill site that will

>> increase your

>> > > council tax and create pollution. Compost it or use a wormery and

>> let

>> > > friendly worms turn it into living soil

>> > > www.greengardener.co.uk