IndiaDivine.org

Activists target Blanc over foie gras on menu

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Animal rights activists have sent sinister e-mails and letters to the chef Raymond Blanc to complain about the menu at one of his restaurants. He has received demands that he remove foie gras from dishes served at the Brasserie Blanc in Birmingham. Now police are advising the chef, who has insisted that foie gras will continue to be served for the next couple of months. Mr Blanc said: “We have taken a decision as an organisation not to yield. But we are taking off foie gras in April because we always follow the seasons and this has to do with spring menus. “Even though we only use tiny amounts, I am not going to change the menus before April. But before we bring foie gras back in October, I will have a further look at the scientific evidence. I have been looking at the evidence for three years, but this gives us another six months to examine an alternative

source.” Mr Blanc, who also runs the Le Manoir Aux Quat’Saisons, near Oxford, said that there was no evidence to support the claim that animals are subjected to stress during the production of foie gras. He added: “I will stop it if there is any evidence of pain to the animals because ethics are important to me. All our food is free range and I ban any product which has any form of cruelty to it, which is why frogs have been out for a while. “I wish the animal rights people would look at intensive farming which goes on all year rather than the 6-10 days for the production of foie gras.” The debate over foie gras was ignited last week by Ben Bradshaw, the Environment Minister, who called for British diners to boycott the product.Peter H

All New Mail – Tired of unwanted email come-ons? Let our SpamGuard protect you.

He wants to make it look like it was his idea all along!

Jo

-

peter VV

Wednesday, February 14, 2007 9:14 PM

Re: Activists target Blanc over foie gras on menu

Animal rights activists have sent sinister e-mails and letters to the chef Raymond Blanc to complain about the menu at one of his restaurants.

He has received demands that he remove foie gras from dishes served at the Brasserie Blanc in Birmingham.

Now police are advising the chef, who has insisted that foie gras will continue to be served for the next couple of months.

Mr Blanc said: “We have taken a decision as an organisation not to yield. But we are taking off foie gras in April because we always follow the seasons and this has to do with spring menus.

“Even though we only use tiny amounts, I am not going to change the menus before April. But before we bring foie gras back in October, I will have a further look at the scientific evidence. I have been looking at the evidence for three years, but this gives us another six months to examine an alternative source.”

Mr Blanc, who also runs the Le Manoir Aux Quat’Saisons, near Oxford, said that there was no evidence to support the claim that animals are subjected to stress during the production of foie gras.

He added: “I will stop it if there is any evidence of pain to the animals because ethics are important to me. All our food is free range and I ban any product which has any form of cruelty to it, which is why frogs have been out for a while.

“I wish the animal rights people would look at intensive farming which goes on all year rather than the 6-10 days for the production of foie gras.”

The debate over foie gras was ignited last week by Ben Bradshaw, the Environment Minister, who called for British diners to boycott the product.

Peter H

WHAT IS FOIS GRAS ? ~

-

peter VV

Animal rights activists have sent sinister e-mails and letters to the chef Raymond Blanc to complain about the menu at one of his restaurants.

He has received demands that he remove foie gras from dishes served at the Brasserie Blanc in Birmingham.

Now police are advising the chef, who has insisted that foie gras will continue to be served for the next couple of months.

Mr Blanc said: “We have taken a decision as an organisation not to yield. But we are taking off foie gras in April because we always follow the seasons and this has to do with spring menus.

“Even though we only use tiny amounts, I am not going to change the menus before April. But before we bring foie gras back in October, I will have a further look at the scientific evidence. I have been looking at the evidence for three years, but this gives us another six months to examine an alternative source.”

Mr Blanc, who also runs the Le Manoir Aux Quat’Saisons, near Oxford, said that there was no evidence to support the claim that animals are subjected to stress during the production of foie gras.

He added: “I will stop it if there is any evidence of pain to the animals because ethics are important to me. All our food is free range and I ban any product which has any form of cruelty to it, which is why frogs have been out for a while.

“I wish the animal rights people would look at intensive farming which goes on all year rather than the 6-10 days for the production of foie gras.”

The debate over foie gras was ignited last week by Ben Bradshaw, the Environment Minister, who called for British diners to boycott the product.

Peter H

ducks or geese are force fed corn meal thru a tube, which fattens up their livers

ie: they get diseased livers

after about 2 weeks they are slaughtered

this is foie gras..fattened duck or goose liver...

justmeblueberry Feb 14, 2007 5:52 PM Re: Activists target Blanc over foie gras on menu

WHAT IS FOIS GRAS ? ~

-

peter VV

Mr Blanc, who also runs the Le Manoir Aux QuatÂ’Saisons, near Oxford, said that there was no evidence to support the claim that animals are subjected to stress during the production of foie gras.

Peter H

"Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired, signifies in the final sense a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed." -- Dwight Eisenhower

Fois Gras is goose liver from geese that have been forcefed on a daily basis. The owners force feed them to such an extent that theirlivers become fatty.

Jo

-

justmeblueberry

Wednesday, February 14, 2007 10:52 PM

WHAT IS FOIS GRAS ? ~

-

peter VV

Peter H

-

fraggle

Thursday, February 15, 2007 12:18 AM

ducks or geese are force fed corn meal thru a tube, which fattens up their livers

ie: they get diseased livers

after about 2 weeks they are slaughtered

this is foie gras..fattened duck or goose liver... ~ YUCK ~ HOW GROTESQUE AND DISGUSTING ~ THIS MUST BE STOPPED ! ! ! ~ THAT IS PLAINLY DISTURBED ~ I MEAN ARE THESE PEOPLE WHO EAT THIS STUFF REALLY HAPPY EATING THIS STUFF KNOWING WHAT IT IS AND HOW ITS ARRIVED ON THEIR PLATE ~ I WOULDNT BEGIN TO IMAGINE WHAT IT LOOKS LIKE , BUT WHAT WOULD YOU SAY ARE THE BEST VEGAN ALTERNATIVES ~ AS I THINK THERE IS NO POINT IN TELLING SOMEBODY NOT TO DO SOMETHING UNLESS WE CAN OFFER THEM A BETTER ALTERNATIVE ~ WHAT IS THE CLOSET VEGAN FOODSTUFF THAT COULD BE AN ALTERNATIVE TO THIS STUFF ~ YOU KNOW LIKE SOYA CHEESE IS A GOOD ALTERNATIVE TO CHEESE ~ WHAT NUTRITION DOES FOIS GRAS CLAIM TO HAVE AND WHAT VEGAN FOOD CONTAINS THIS ~ (THIS IS JUST WEIRD ~ I THINK THAT MAYBE WE SHOULD EMAIL THIS GUY AT THE RESTURANT TO OFFER HIM KINDER ALTERNATIVES MAYB ~

justmeblueberry Feb 14, 2007 5:52 PM Re: Activists target Blanc over foie gras on menu

WHAT IS FOIS GRAS ? ~

-

peter VV

Mr Blanc, who also runs the Le Manoir Aux QuatÂ’Saisons, near Oxford, said that there was no evidence to support the claim that animals are subjected to stress during the production of foie gras.

Peter H

"Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired, signifies in the final sense a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed." -- Dwight Eisenhower

Not just diseased, unfortunately some rupture........ They force open their beaks and stick a large funnel in their mouths pulling their knecks straight so that the food goes down.The goose can do nothing but swallow. The Valley Vegan.............fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote: ducks or geese are force fed corn meal thru a tube, which fattens up their livers ie: they get diseased livers after about 2 weeks they are slaughtered this is foie gras..fattened duck or goose liver... justmeblueberry Feb 14, 2007 5:52 PM Re: Activists target Blanc over foie gras on menu WHAT IS FOIS GRAS ? ~ - peter VV Wednesday, February 14, 2007 9:14 PM Re: Activists target Blanc over foie gras on menu Animal rights activists have sent sinister e-mails and letters to the chef Raymond Blanc to complain about the menu at one of his restaurants. He has received demands that he remove foie gras from dishes served at the Brasserie Blanc in Birmingham. Now police are advising the chef, who has insisted that foie gras will continue to be served for the next couple of months. Mr Blanc said: “We have taken a decision as an organisation not to yield. But we are taking off foie gras in April because we always follow the seasons and this has to do with spring menus. “Even though we only use tiny amounts, I am not going to change the menus before April. But before we bring foie gras back in October, I will have a further look at the scientific evidence. I have been looking at the evidence for three years, but this gives us another six months to examine an alternative source.” Mr Blanc, who also runs the Le Manoir Aux Quat’Saisons, near Oxford, said that there was no evidence to support the claim that animals are subjected to stress during the production of foie gras. He added: “I will stop it if there is any evidence of pain to the animals because ethics are important to me. All our food is free range and I ban any product which has any form of cruelty to it, which is why frogs have been out for a while. “I wish the animal rights people would look at intensive farming which goes on all year rather than the 6-10 days for the production of foie gras.” The debate over foie gras was

ignited last week by Ben Bradshaw, the Environment Minister, who called for British diners to boycott the product. Peter H All New Mail – Tired of unwanted email come-ons? Let our SpamGuard protect you. "Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired, signifies in the final sense a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed." -- Dwight Eisenhower Peter H

Copy addresses and emails from any email account to Mail - quick, easy and free. Do it now...