IndiaDivine.org

here we go,here we go,here we go

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Iran failed to meet UN deadline The report said Iran was expanding into industrial-scale productionIran has ignored the latest UN deadline to suspend uranium enrichment and is actually extending it, a report by nuclear watchdog the IAEA has said. The refusal to observe the Wednesday deadline could lead to further UN sanctions against Iran. The US described Iran's non-compliance as a "missed opportunity for the Iranian government and Iranian people". An Iranian official said UN demands to end enrichment were unacceptable as they had no legal basis. While enriched uranium is used as fuel for nuclear reactors, highly enriched uranium can also be used to make nuclear bombs. We think that talks are the best way to get out of the impasse Manouchehr MottakiIranian foreign minister Have your say: How to deal with Iran Quick guide: Iran nuclear row Tension over Iran's plans The report, written by

agency head Mohamed ElBaradei, said Iran had not only failed to stop enrichment but was expanding the scale of its enrichment programme. Iran denies Western claims it is secretly trying to build nuclear arms, saying its nuclear programme is for purely peaceful, energy-producing purposes. "Iran considers that a suspension of uranium would be contrary to its rights, to the Non-Proliferation Treaty and to international rules," the deputy head of Iran's nuclear agency, Mohammad Saeed. The best way to solve the dispute was to return to the negotiating table, he said. But US State Department spokesman Tom Casey said the UN Security Council should now consider fresh sanctions in addition to measures targeting its nuclear and missiles programmes imposed by the UN in December. The BBC's Jonathan Beale in Washington says senior US diplomats are now in contact with other members of the UN Security Council to try to ratchet up the pressure. UK

Foreign Secretary Margaret Beckett said Britain remained determined to prevent Iran acquiring the means to develop nuclear weapons, but was "committed to a negotiated solution". Cascades installed The six-page IAEA report said there had been little progress in clearing up outstanding questions about Iran's past nuclear activities and urged the Iranians to be co-operative. POSSIBLE NEXT STEPS New UN resolution on tougher economic sanctions, tabled by US or European allies US pressure on Europeans to step up bilateral sanctions New initiative to get Iran back to talks Q & A: Iran and the nuclear issue It said Iran had expanded from research-scale to industrial-scale production of enriched uranium. Two cascades of 164 centrifuges each had been installed at the enrichment facility in Natanz, with two more close to completion, it said. A total of 3,000 centrifuges are expected to be installed in the coming months. Iran was also building a heavy water reactor and heavy water production plant in defiance of the UN Security Council, the report said. It added that Tehran had agreed to interim IAEA verification procedures but not to remote monitoring at the plant, the report said. There would be a breach of non-proliferation safeguard rules once there were more than 500 centrifugesPeter H

The all-new Mail goes wherever you go - free your email address from your Internet provider.

so...tho i wouldn't want anyone to have nuclear..well..anything

it begs the question

why do we jump all over Iran for persuing nuclear technology, which is in their right as signers of the NPT..

yet...nothing is ever done about countries like...south africa, isreal, india or pakistan, which already produced a nuke bomb, yet are not signers of the NPT???

and, we are sendin more technology to India!

its all nuts

peter VV Feb 22, 2007 3:45 PM Re: here we go,here we go,here we go

Iran failed to meet UN deadline

The report said Iran was expanding into industrial-scale productionIran has ignored the latest UN deadline to suspend uranium enrichment and is actually extending it, a report by nuclear watchdog the IAEA has said. The refusal to observe the Wednesday deadline could lead to further UN sanctions against Iran. The US described Iran's non-compliance as a "missed opportunity for the Iranian government and Iranian people". An Iranian official said UN demands to end enrichment were unacceptable as they had no legal basis.

While enriched uranium is used as fuel for nuclear reactors, highly enriched uranium can also be used to make nuclear bombs.

We think that talks are the best way to get out of the impasse

Manouchehr MottakiIranian foreign minister

Have your say: How to deal with Iran

Quick guide: Iran nuclear row

Tension over Iran's plans

The report, written by agency head Mohamed ElBaradei, said Iran had not only failed to stop enrichment but was expanding the scale of its enrichment programme. Iran denies Western claims it is secretly trying to build nuclear arms, saying its nuclear programme is for purely peaceful, energy-producing purposes. "Iran considers that a suspension of uranium would be contrary to its rights, to the Non-Proliferation Treaty and to international rules," the deputy head of Iran's nuclear agency, Mohammad Saeed. The best way to solve the dispute was to return to the negotiating table, he said. But US State Department spokesman Tom Casey said the UN Security Council should now consider fresh sanctions in addition to measures targeting its nuclear and missiles programmes imposed by the UN in December. The BBC's Jonathan Beale in Washington says senior US diplomats are now in contact with other members of the UN Security Council to try to ratchet up the pressure. UK Foreign Secretary Margaret Beckett said Britain remained determined to prevent Iran acquiring the means to develop nuclear weapons, but was "committed to a negotiated solution". Cascades installed The six-page IAEA report said there had been little progress in clearing up outstanding questions about Iran's past nuclear activities and urged the Iranians to be co-operative.

POSSIBLE NEXT STEPS

New UN resolution on tougher economic sanctions, tabled by US or European allies

US pressure on Europeans to step up bilateral sanctions

New initiative to get Iran back to talks

Q & A: Iran and the nuclear issue

It said Iran had expanded from research-scale to industrial-scale production of enriched uranium. Two cascades of 164 centrifuges each had been installed at the enrichment facility in Natanz, with two more close to completion, it said. A total of 3,000 centrifuges are expected to be installed in the coming months. Iran was also building a heavy water reactor and heavy water production plant in defiance of the UN Security Council, the report said. It added that Tehran had agreed to interim IAEA verification procedures but not to remote monitoring at the plant, the report said. There would be a breach of non-proliferation safeguard rules once there were more than 500 centrifuges

Peter H

The all-new Mail goes wherever you go - free your email address from your Internet provider.

I see in the near future a crisis approaching that unnerves me and causes me to tremble for the safety of my country. As a result of war, corporations have been enthroned, and an era of corruption in high places will follow, and the money power of the country will endeavor to prolong its reign by working upon the prejudices of the people until all the wealth is aggregated in a few hands and the republic is destroyed. I feel, at this moment, more anxiety for the safety of my country than ever before, even in the midst of war. God grant that my suspicions may prove groundless." Lincoln in a letter to Col. William F. Elkins on November 21, 1864

It's the excuse that the US has decided it needs to invade Iran - that

is all.

Jo

Re: here we go,here we go,here we go

so...tho i wouldn't want anyone to have nuclear..well..anything

it begs the question

why do we jump all over Iran for persuing nuclear technology, which is

in their right as signers of the NPT..

yet...nothing is ever done about countries like...south africa,

isreal, india or pakistan, which already produced a nuke bomb, yet are

not signers of the NPT???

and, we are sendin more technology to India!

its all nuts

C,mon Fraggle you know damn well why..... The Valley Vegan............fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote: so...tho i wouldn't want anyone to have nuclear..well..anything it begs the question why do we jump all over Iran for persuing nuclear technology, which is in their right as signers of the NPT.. yet...nothing is ever done about countries like...south africa, isreal, india or pakistan, which already produced a nuke bomb, yet are

not signers of the NPT??? and, we are sendin more technology to India! its all nuts peter VV Feb 22, 2007 3:45 PM Re: here we go,here we go,here we go Iran failed to meet UN deadline The report said Iran was expanding into industrial-scale productionIran has ignored the latest UN deadline to suspend uranium enrichment and is actually extending it, a report by nuclear watchdog the IAEA has said. The refusal to observe the Wednesday deadline could lead to further UN sanctions against Iran. The US described Iran's non-compliance as a "missed opportunity for the Iranian government and Iranian people". An Iranian official said UN demands to end enrichment were unacceptable as they had no legal basis. While enriched uranium is used as fuel for nuclear reactors, highly enriched uranium can also be used to make nuclear bombs. We think that talks are the best way to get out of the impasse Manouchehr MottakiIranian foreign minister Have your say: How to deal with Iran Quick

guide: Iran nuclear row Tension over Iran's plans The report, written by agency head Mohamed ElBaradei, said Iran had not only failed to stop enrichment but was expanding the scale of its enrichment programme. Iran denies Western claims it is secretly trying to build nuclear arms, saying its nuclear programme is for purely peaceful, energy-producing purposes. "Iran considers that a suspension of uranium would be contrary to its rights, to the Non-Proliferation Treaty and to international rules," the deputy head of Iran's nuclear agency, Mohammad Saeed. The best way to solve the dispute was to return to the negotiating table, he said. But US State Department spokesman Tom Casey said the UN Security Council should now consider fresh sanctions in addition to measures

targeting its nuclear and missiles programmes imposed by the UN in December. The BBC's Jonathan Beale in Washington says senior US diplomats are now in contact with other members of the UN Security Council to try to ratchet up the pressure. UK Foreign Secretary Margaret Beckett said Britain remained determined to prevent Iran acquiring the means to develop nuclear weapons, but was "committed to a negotiated solution". Cascades installed The six-page IAEA report said there had been little progress in clearing up outstanding questions about Iran's past nuclear activities and urged the Iranians to be co-operative. POSSIBLE NEXT STEPS New UN resolution on

tougher economic sanctions, tabled by US or European allies US pressure on Europeans to step up bilateral sanctions New initiative to get Iran back to talks Q & A: Iran and the nuclear issue It said Iran had expanded from research-scale to industrial-scale production of enriched uranium. Two cascades of 164 centrifuges each had been installed at the enrichment facility in Natanz, with two more close to completion, it said. A total of 3,000 centrifuges are expected to be installed in the coming months. Iran was also building a heavy water reactor and heavy water

production plant in defiance of the UN Security Council, the report said. It added that Tehran had agreed to interim IAEA verification procedures but not to remote monitoring at the plant, the report said. There would be a breach of non-proliferation safeguard rules once there were more than 500 centrifuges Peter H The all-new Mail goes wherever you go - free your email address from your Internet provider.

I see in the near future a crisis approaching that unnerves me and causes me to tremble for the safety of my country. As a result of war, corporations have been enthroned, and an era of corruption in high places will follow, and the money power of the country will endeavor to prolong its reign by working upon the prejudices of the people until all the wealth is aggregated in a few hands and the republic is destroyed. I feel, at this moment, more anxiety for the safety of my country than ever before, even in the midst of war. God grant that my suspicions may prove groundless." Lincoln in a letter to Col. William F. Elkins on November 21, 1864 Peter H

What kind of emailer are you? Find out today - get a free analysis of your email personality. Take the quiz at the Mail Championship.

Vegan Foods That Don’t Suck By Kirsten Anderberg (http://www.kirstenanderberg.com) Written Feb. 21, 2007 We have all eaten horrific vegan food. It is inevitable. But over time, I have collected truly delicious vegan recipes and thought I would share a few with you in this article. Vegan food does not have to suck! (Vegan foods, for those of you who are not sure what I am talking about, are foods with no dairy, eggs, or meat products in them). When I was a lacto-vegetarian mom (I used dairy and eggs but not meat), I would use these recipes at the end of the month, as they did not require eggs, butter, milk, etc., things I rarely could afford. And I know many a vegan hippie household that became vegans not due to desire, but economic necessity. Vegan foods are generally cheaper to make than

dairy and meat product foods. Vegan ingredients are often easier to store, many not requiring refrigeration, etc., as well. And vegan foods are a good antidote to the fat-laden American diet that is so conveniently at our fingertips nowadays. The following recipes are easy to make, kids love them, they are healthy foods, and they actually taste great! PEANUT BUTTER CASSEROLE The rice, carrots, snow peas, and peanut butter make this a really sweet and filling meal. It is fast and easy to make and kids love it! Mix together in a bowl: 2 c. cooked rice, 2 c. grated carrots, ½ c peanut butter, 1 onion (chopped), ½ c. water with dash of tamari or soy sauce, 1 clove garlic (minced), 2 bay leaves (broken in ½), ¼ t. salt, ½ c. snow peas (broken in half), 1-2 fresh tomatoes (chopped) Press into an oiled casserole pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 min covered, then 15 more minutes uncovered. Yum!

****************************************************************** THE BEST BURRITO/TACO FILLING This stuff is great as a dip with tortilla chips, or as burrito or taco filling. Boil 1 & 1/3 cups water. Take pot off stove and add 1 ½ cups Texturized Vegetable Protein (TVP) which can be found at most health food stores, such as Whole Foods. Let soak for 10 minutes. After 10 min., put 5 T. oil in a pan, and sauté the soaked TVP with one chopped medium onion. Add a little salt and pepper, a dash of chili powder, a little garlic and some soy sauce. Set aside. Simmer together: 2 cups tomato sauce, ½ t. salt, 1 t. chili powder, ½ t. pepper, 4 cloves or 2 t. garlic powder, 1 T. sugar. Make Spanish rice from any cookbook, or you can use a boxed mix, like Bearitos Spanish rice. (I just throw boxed rice dishes like that in my rice cooker to cook!) Now, mix together in a big pot on the stove: The TVP/onion sauté, the simmered tomato

sauce, the cooked Spanish rice, one 16 oz. can of spicy Bearitos Refried Beans, and one 16 oz. can of diced tomatoes. Enjoy! We never can keep this around. It gets eaten quickly. ******************************************************************** One of the things many miss most on a vegan diet are good treats/sweets. I have found several recipes for vegan desserts that actually taste like the real deal. GINGERBREAD 1 cup molasses * ½ cup vegan/soy margarine (melted) or oil * 2 t. ginger * 2 cups flour * 1 t. salt * 1 t. soda * 1 cup hot water Mix together the molasses and oil/margarine, then add the ginger, flour, and salt. In a cup, add the baking soda to the hot water, and dissolve, stirring. Then add this, about 1/3 at a time, to the mix until it is all blended and smooth. Bake in an oiled pan at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes. ******************************************************************** DRIED APRICOT SHORTBREAD 2/3 cup honey * ½

cup vegan/soy margarine * ½ t. vanilla * 1 T. lemon juice * 1 ½ cup rolled oats * 1 ¾ cup unbleached flour * 1 ½ cup chopped dried apricots Beat together the honey, margarine, vanilla and lemon juice. In another bowl, mix the oats and flour. Then pour the liquids into the dry ingredients and mix. Add apricots. You can mix it with your hands if you need to. Press the mix into an oiled square baking pan and bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes. Cut into squares when cool. ********************************************************************** VEGAN CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES You can find vegan chocolate chips at most health food stores such as Whole Foods...non-dairy chocolate chips have been easy to find for a decade or more now. You can even get vegan mint-chocolate chips! These cookies get rave reviews every time I bring them to a potluck. (Especially popular with anarchists! LOL!) 2 ½ c. flour * 1 ½ t. baking powder * ½ t. salt * ½ c. brown

sugar * ½ c. white sugar * ½ c. oil * ¼ c. water * 1 t. vanilla * 1 c. vegan chocolate chips Sift together the flour, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, mix the sugars together and then stir the oil into the sugars. Add the water and vanilla and mix until blended then add dry ingredients and mix well. Next add the chocolate chips. (you can add some chopped nuts at this point too, if you want.) Drop spoonfuls onto oiled cookie sheets, bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes or until done. Cool, and eat! *********************************************************************** BROWNIES I have several friends who need to eat medicinal marijuana as part of their cancer treatment/therapy, and this recipe is good for vegan Green Cross members to make medicinal brownies. It is also just a great vegan brownie recipe that anyone would like, without the meds. It is hard to find a good vegan brownie, let me tell you, I know. This, my friends, is a

*good* vegan brownie! Mix 1/3 c. flour with 1 c. water in a saucepan. Cook this mixture, stirring, over medium heat, simmering, until it is thick, then cool completely. Melt ½ c. vegan/soy margarine in a saucepan and add 2/3 c. cocoa powder and stir until well blended. Cool. To the cooled flour mixture, add 2 c. sugar, ½ t. salt, and 1 t. vanilla, then add the cocoa mixture to this. You can add chopped nuts at this point if you wish, as well. Pour batter into an oiled oblong (9x13) pan and bake at 350 degrees for about 20-25 minutes. Scientists are just now catching up to what many of us knew about diet decades ago. I have known since the 1970’s that there are serious health benefits to many alternative diets, such as veganism, eating mostly or all raw foods, macrobiotics, and vegetarianism. http://www.kirstenanderberg.comPeter H

New Mail is the ultimate force in competitive emailing. Find out more at the Mail Championships. Plus: play games and win prizes.

Hi Peter

Thanks for the recipes. I have never had any horrific vegan food. The worst has been 'okay' and the rest 'delicious'.

Jo

-

peter VV

Friday, February 23, 2007 6:00 PM

Re: here we go,here we go,here we go

Vegan Foods That Don’t Suck By Kirsten Anderberg (http://www.kirstenanderberg.com) Written Feb. 21, 2007 We have all eaten horrific vegan food. It is inevitable. But over time, I have collected truly delicious vegan recipes and thought I would share a few with you in this article. Vegan food does not have to suck! (Vegan foods, for those of you who are not sure what I am talking about, are foods with no dairy, eggs, or meat products in them). When I was a lacto-vegetarian mom (I used dairy and eggs but not meat), I would use these recipes at the end of the month, as they did not require eggs, butter, milk, etc., things I rarely could afford. And I know many a vegan hippie household that became vegans not due to desire, but economic necessity. Vegan foods are generally cheaper to make than dairy and meat product foods. Vegan ingredients are often easier to store, many not requiring refrigeration, etc., as well. And vegan foods are a good antidote to the fat-laden American diet that is so conveniently at our fingertips nowadays. The following recipes are easy to make, kids love them, they are healthy foods, and they actually taste great! PEANUT BUTTER CASSEROLE The rice, carrots, snow peas, and peanut butter make this a really sweet and filling meal. It is fast and easy to make and kids love it! Mix together in a bowl: 2 c. cooked rice, 2 c. grated carrots, ½ c peanut butter, 1 onion (chopped), ½ c. water with dash of tamari or soy sauce, 1 clove garlic (minced), 2 bay leaves (broken in ½), ¼ t. salt, ½ c. snow peas (broken in half), 1-2 fresh tomatoes (chopped) Press into an oiled casserole pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 min covered, then 15 more minutes uncovered. Yum! ****************************************************************** THE BEST BURRITO/TACO FILLING This stuff is great as a dip with tortilla chips, or as burrito or taco filling. Boil 1 & 1/3 cups water. Take pot off stove and add 1 ½ cups Texturized Vegetable Protein (TVP) which can be found at most health food stores, such as Whole Foods. Let soak for 10 minutes. After 10 min., put 5 T. oil in a pan, and sauté the soaked TVP with one chopped medium onion. Add a little salt and pepper, a dash of chili powder, a little garlic and some soy sauce. Set aside. Simmer together: 2 cups tomato sauce, ½ t. salt, 1 t. chili powder, ½ t. pepper, 4 cloves or 2 t. garlic powder, 1 T. sugar. Make Spanish rice from any cookbook, or you can use a boxed mix, like Bearitos Spanish rice. (I just throw boxed rice dishes like that in my rice cooker to cook!) Now, mix together in a big pot on the stove: The TVP/onion sauté, the simmered tomato sauce, the cooked Spanish rice, one 16 oz. can of spicy Bearitos Refried Beans, and one 16 oz. can of diced tomatoes. Enjoy! We never can keep this around. It gets eaten quickly. ******************************************************************** One of the things many miss most on a vegan diet are good treats/sweets. I have found several recipes for vegan desserts that actually taste like the real deal. GINGERBREAD 1 cup molasses * ½ cup vegan/soy margarine (melted) or oil * 2 t. ginger * 2 cups flour * 1 t. salt * 1 t. soda * 1 cup hot water Mix together the molasses and oil/margarine, then add the ginger, flour, and salt. In a cup, add the baking soda to the hot water, and dissolve, stirring. Then add this, about 1/3 at a time, to the mix until it is all blended and smooth. Bake in an oiled pan at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes. ******************************************************************** DRIED APRICOT SHORTBREAD 2/3 cup honey * ½ cup vegan/soy margarine * ½ t. vanilla * 1 T. lemon juice * 1 ½ cup rolled oats * 1 ¾ cup unbleached flour * 1 ½ cup chopped dried apricots Beat together the honey, margarine, vanilla and lemon juice. In another bowl, mix the oats and flour. Then pour the liquids into the dry ingredients and mix. Add apricots. You can mix it with your hands if you need to. Press the mix into an oiled square baking pan and bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes. Cut into squares when cool. ********************************************************************** VEGAN CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES You can find vegan chocolate chips at most health food stores such as Whole Foods...non-dairy chocolate chips have been easy to find for a decade or more now. You can even get vegan mint-chocolate chips! These cookies get rave reviews every time I bring them to a potluck. (Especially popular with anarchists! LOL!) 2 ½ c. flour * 1 ½ t. baking powder * ½ t. salt * ½ c. brown sugar * ½ c. white sugar * ½ c. oil * ¼ c. water * 1 t. vanilla * 1 c. vegan chocolate chips Sift together the flour, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, mix the sugars together and then stir the oil into the sugars. Add the water and vanilla and mix until blended then add dry ingredients and mix well. Next add the chocolate chips. (you can add some chopped nuts at this point too, if you want.) Drop spoonfuls onto oiled cookie sheets, bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes or until done. Cool, and eat! *********************************************************************** BROWNIES I have several friends who need to eat medicinal marijuana as part of their cancer treatment/therapy, and this recipe is good for vegan Green Cross members to make medicinal brownies. It is also just a great vegan brownie recipe that anyone would like, without the meds. It is hard to find a good vegan brownie, let me tell you, I know. This, my friends, is a *good* vegan brownie! Mix 1/3 c. flour with 1 c. water in a saucepan. Cook this mixture, stirring, over medium heat, simmering, until it is thick, then cool completely. Melt ½ c. vegan/soy margarine in a saucepan and add 2/3 c. cocoa powder and stir until well blended. Cool. To the cooled flour mixture, add 2 c. sugar, ½ t. salt, and 1 t. vanilla, then add the cocoa mixture to this. You can add chopped nuts at this point if you wish, as well. Pour batter into an oiled oblong (9x13) pan and bake at 350 degrees for about 20-25 minutes. Scientists are just now catching up to what many of us knew about diet decades ago. I have known since the 1970’s that there are serious health benefits to many alternative diets, such as veganism, eating mostly or all raw foods, macrobiotics, and vegetarianism.

http://www.kirstenanderberg.com

Peter H

New Mail is the ultimate force in competitive emailing. Find out more at the Mail Championships. Plus: play games and win prizes.