IndiaDivine.org

Storing veggies & fruit

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

depends on the veggie

many do well in sealed containers...

basil, mint and certain greens do well if their roots or base is placed in a container of water in a cool (not cold) part of the fridge

leafy greens last longer if you wrap em in newspaper...

HAH Mar 1, 2007 2:18 PM Storing veggies & fruit

Hi,

I need advice on storing my live foods, what are the best ways to store our veggies and fruit?

love*light,

GaiaHemp

I see in the near future a crisis approaching that unnerves me and causes me to tremble for the safety of my country. As a result of war, corporations have been enthroned, and an era of corruption in high places will follow, and the money power of the country will endeavor to prolong its reign by working upon the prejudices of the people until all the wealth is aggregated in a few hands and the republic is destroyed. I feel, at this moment, more anxiety for the safety of my country than ever before, even in the midst of war. God grant that my suspicions may prove groundless." Lincoln in a letter to Col. William F. Elkins on November 21, 1864

Guest guest

You wrap your veggies in newspaper? But that type paper has formaldehyde on it which is used in most newspaper inks~ I dont even touch newspapers for that reason because they tend to make me have allergic attacks, maybe i could use my parchment paper instead or containers~ I've been leaving them in plastic or just putting them in glad type bags but i think that suffocates them so many times i just put them in the veg compartment without anything or leave the fruit on the counter top~

thanks,

Danita

----

fraggle

03/01/07 11:35:16

Re: Storing veggies & fruit

depends on the veggie

basil, mint and certain greens do well if their roots or base is placed in a container of water in a cool (not cold) part of the fridge

Hi,

I need advice on storing my live foods, what are the best ways to store our veggies and fruit?

love*light,

GaiaHemp

I see in the near future a crisis approaching that unnerves me and causes me to tremble for the safety of my country. As a result of war, corporations have been enthroned, and an era of corruption in high places will follow, and the money power of the country will endeavor to prolong its reign by working upon the prejudices of the people until all the wealth is aggregated in a few hands and the republic is destroyed. I feel, at this moment, more anxiety for the safety of my country than ever before, even in the midst of war. God grant that my suspicions may prove groundless." Lincoln in a letter to Col. William F. Elkins on November 21, 1864

Guest guest

no, i don't

we shop for veggies every few days..and they don't last that long

er we have the garden and just pick fresh...

i just read a bunch of times that you can wrap em in newsprint

HAH Mar 1, 2007 2:51 PM Re: Storing veggies & fruit

You wrap your veggies in newspaper? But that type paper has formaldehyde on it which is used in most newspaper inks~ I dont even touch newspapers for that reason because they tend to make me have allergic attacks, maybe i could use my parchment paper instead or containers~ I've been leaving them in plastic or just putting them in glad type bags but i think that suffocates them so many times i just put them in the veg compartment without anything or leave the fruit on the counter top~

thanks,

Danita

----

fraggle

depends on the veggie

Hi,

love*light,

GaiaHemp

Guest guest

yeah, that's not a good ideal even thou its economical, its not safe~

----

fraggle

03/01/07 11:57:21

no, i don't

we shop for veggies every few days..and they don't last that long

er we have the garden and just pick fresh...

i just read a bunch of times that you can wrap em in newsprint

HAH Mar 1, 2007 2:51 PM Re: Storing veggies & fruit

thanks,

Danita

----

fraggle

depends on the veggie

Hi,

love*light,

GaiaHemp

Guest guest

How do you store your surplus tomatoes Fraggle?

Jo

-

fraggle

Thursday, March 01, 2007 7:34 PM

depends on the veggie

Hi,

love*light,

GaiaHemp

Guest guest

-

HAH

Thursday, March 01, 2007 7:51 PM

thanks,

Danita

You could put them in paper bags.

Jo

----

fraggle

depends on the veggie

Hi,

love*light,

GaiaHemp

Guest guest

if meant to be stored for a long time, freeze em...

turn em into sauce and freeze em

otherwise..they just sit on the counter and we use em as we may...

jo Mar 1, 2007 3:05 PM Re: Storing veggies & fruit 

How do you store your surplus tomatoes Fraggle?

Jo

-

fraggle

Thursday, March 01, 2007 7:34 PM

depends on the veggie

Hi,

love*light,

GaiaHemp

Guest guest

hmmmm, i'll try that, thanks!

----

jo

03/01/07 12:10:24

-

HAH

Thursday, March 01, 2007 7:51 PM

thanks,

Danita

You could put them in paper bags.

Jo

----

fraggle

depends on the veggie

Hi,

love*light,

GaiaHemp