IndiaDivine.org

Humane Society: 'Faux fur' often animal hair

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

I just heard about this on "more hip than hippie" podcast today~ That the faux fur we might buy isn't fake?? It could be dog hair?? I purchased a coat with faux fur the other day on sale at one of my favorite camping Website for the first time and now i'm thinking its real fur because it feels to authentic~ WTF?! How can i find out if its real if it doesn't say it on the coat?

http://www.cnn.com/2007/POLITICS/02/07/dog.fur/index.html

love*light,

GaiaHemp

Guest guest

Here's the coat~

http://www.sierratradingpost.com/p/,41582_Nordic-Lights-Plush-Acrylic-Hooded-Parka-For-Women.html

----

HAH

03/09/07 10:59:44

I just heard about this on "more hip than hippie" podcast today~ That the faux fur we might buy isn't fake?? It could be dog hair?? I purchased a coat with faux fur the other day on sale at one of my favorite camping Website for the first time and now i'm thinking its real fur because it feels to authentic~ WTF?! How can i find out if its real if it doesn't say it on the coat?

love*light,

GaiaHemp

Guest guest

Why dont you ask them to find out for you? customerservice The Valley Vegan...............HAH <GaiaHemp wrote: Here's the coat~ http://www.sierratradingpost.com/p/,41582_Nordic-Lights-Plush-Acrylic-Hooded-Parka-For-Women.html ---- HAH 03/09/07 10:59:44 Humane Society: 'Faux fur' often animal hair I just heard about this on "more hip than hippie"

podcast today~ That the faux fur we might buy isn't fake?? It could be dog hair?? I purchased a coat with faux fur the other day on sale at one of my favorite camping Website for the first time and now i'm thinking its real fur because it feels to authentic~ WTF?! How can i find out if its real if it doesn't say it on the coat? http://www.cnn.com/2007/POLITICS/02/07/dog.fur/index.html love*light, GaiaHemp Peter H

New Mail is the ultimate force in competitive emailing. Find out more at the Mail Championships. Plus: play games and win prizes.

Guest guest

many products made in china have dog fur or other critters

its been a problem for awhile

HAH Mar 9, 2007 10:55 AM Humane Society: 'Faux fur' often animal hair

love*light,

GaiaHemp

I see in the near future a crisis approaching that unnerves me and causes me to tremble for the safety of my country. As a result of war, corporations have been enthroned, and an era of corruption in high places will follow, and the money power of the country will endeavor to prolong its reign by working upon the prejudices of the people until all the wealth is aggregated in a few hands and the republic is destroyed. I feel, at this moment, more anxiety for the safety of my country than ever before, even in the midst of war. God grant that my suspicions may prove groundless." Lincoln in a letter to Col. William F. Elkins on November 21, 1864

Guest guest

thanks, i just did

----

peter VV

03/09/07 11:41:56

Re: Humane Society: 'Faux fur' often animal hair

Why dont you ask them to find out for you?

customerservice (AT) sierratradingpost (DOT) com

The Valley Vegan...............HAH <GaiaHemp (AT) earthlink (DOT) net> wrote:

Here's the coat~

http://www.sierratradingpost.com/p/,41582_Nordic-Lights-Plush-Acrylic-Hooded-Parka-For-Women.html

----

HAH

love*light,

GaiaHemp

Peter H

New Mail is the ultimate force in competitive emailing. Find out more at the Mail Championships. Plus: play games and win prizes.

Guest guest

yeah,, i know, for they skin dogs alive!

fuckers! can i say that here??

----

fraggle

03/09/07 12:05:04

love*light,

GaiaHemp

I see in the near future a crisis approaching that unnerves me and causes me to tremble for the safety of my country. As a result of war, corporations have been enthroned, and an era of corruption in high places will follow, and the money power of the country will endeavor to prolong its reign by working upon the prejudices of the people until all the wealth is aggregated in a few hands and the republic is destroyed. I feel, at this moment, more anxiety for the safety of my country than ever before, even in the midst of war. God grant that my suspicions may prove groundless." Lincoln in a letter to Col. William F. Elkins on November 21, 1864

Guest guest

sad to say...we do the same to chickens, pigs, sheep, cows, etc...

HAH Mar 9, 2007 12:10 PM Re: Humane Society: 'Faux fur' often animal hair

----

fraggle

love*light,

GaiaHemp

Guest guest

yes, but as Vegans, we don't go for this, for by me saying they do that to dogs, i wasn't excusing Westerners actions as to what we also do to living beings~

----

fraggle

03/09/07 12:17:47

sad to say...we do the same to chickens, pigs, sheep, cows, etc...

HAH Mar 9, 2007 12:10 PM Re: Humane Society: 'Faux fur' often animal hair

----

fraggle

love*light,

GaiaHemp

Guest guest

I have 2 very expensive fur coats that say they are mad eof 100%

polyester and the company swears by it.

I got them through White House Black Market.

Do you guys think these are really fake and really 100% polyester as

the tag says?

, " HAH " <GaiaHemp wrote:

>

> yes, but as Vegans, we don't go for this, for by me saying they do

that to

> dogs, i wasn't excusing Westerners actions as to what we also do to

living

> beings~

>

> ----

>

> fraggle

> 03/09/07 12:17:47

>

> Re: Humane Society: 'Faux fur' often animal

hair

>

>

> sad to say...we do the same to chickens, pigs, sheep, cows, etc...

>

>

>

>

>

>

> HAH

> Mar 9, 2007 12:10 PM

>

hair

>

> yeah,, i know, for they skin dogs alive!

>

> fuckers! can i say that here??

>

> ----

>

> fraggle

> 03/09/07 12:05:04

>

hair

>

> many products made in china have dog fur or other critters

> its been a problem for awhile

>

>

>

>

>

>

> HAH

> Mar 9, 2007 10:55 AM

>

> Humane Society: 'Faux fur' often animal hair

>

> I just heard about this on " more hip than hippie " podcast today~

That the

> faux fur we might buy isn't fake?? It could be dog hair?? I

purchased a coat

> with faux fur the other day on sale at one of my favorite camping

Website

> for the first time and now i'm thinking its real fur because it

feels to

> authentic~ WTF?! How can i find out if its real if it doesn't say

it on the

> coat?

> http://www.cnn.com/2007/POLITICS/02/07/dog.fur/index.html

>

>

> love*light,

> GaiaHemp

>

>

>

>

> I see in the near future a crisis approaching that unnerves me and

causes me

> to tremble for the safety of my country. As a result of war,

corporations

> have been enthroned, and an era of corruption in high places will

follow,

> and the money power of the country will endeavor to prolong its

reign by

> working upon the prejudices of the people until all the wealth is

aggregated

> in a few hands and the republic is destroyed. I feel, at this

moment, more

> anxiety for the safety of my country than ever before, even in the

midst of

> war. God grant that my suspicions may prove groundless. " Lincoln in

a letter

> to Col. William F. Elkins on November 21, 1864

>

>

>

>

>

> I see in the near future a crisis approaching that unnerves me and

causes me

> to tremble for the safety of my country. As a result of war,

corporations

> have been enthroned, and an era of corruption in high places will

follow,

> and the money power of the country will endeavor to prolong its

reign by

> working upon the prejudices of the people until all the wealth is

aggregated

> in a few hands and the republic is destroyed. I feel, at this

moment, more

> anxiety for the safety of my country than ever before, even in the

midst of

> war. God grant that my suspicions may prove groundless. " Lincoln in

a letter

> to Col. William F. Elkins on November 21, 1864

>

Guest guest

Let us know how good a reply you get.......... The Valley Vegan...............HAH <GaiaHemp wrote: thanks, i just did ---- peter VV 03/09/07 11:41:56 Re: Humane Society: 'Faux fur' often animal hair Why dont you ask

them to find out for you? customerservice (AT) sierratradingpost (DOT) com The Valley Vegan...............HAH <GaiaHemp (AT) earthlink (DOT) net> wrote: Here's the coat~ http://www.sierratradingpost.com/p/,41582_Nordic-Lights-Plush-Acrylic-Hooded-Parka-For-Women.html ---- HAH 03/09/07 10:59:44 Humane Society: 'Faux fur' often animal hair I just heard about this on "more hip than hippie" podcast today~ That the faux fur we might buy isn't fake?? It could be dog hair?? I purchased a coat with faux fur the other day on sale at one of my favorite camping Website for the first time and now i'm thinking its real fur because it feels to authentic~ WTF?! How can i find out if its real if it doesn't say it on the coat? http://www.cnn.com/2007/POLITICS/02/07/dog.fur/index.html love*light, GaiaHemp Peter H New Mail is the ultimate force in competitive emailing. Find out more at the Mail Championships. Plus: play games and win prizes. Peter H

All New Mail – Tired of unwanted email come-ons? Let our SpamGuard protect you.

Guest guest

This is what i got this morning~

"Dear Danita Castillo,

Thank you for your recent inquiry via our website. We would be happy to research your question, but it may take some time.

That being said, we have forwarded your inquiry to product research and will contact you just as soon as the information becomes available.

Thanks for your patience. Your business is appreciated.

Sincerely,

Jennifer

Customer Service

Sierra Trading Post"

----

peter VV

03/10/07 13:08:32

Let us know how good a reply you get..........

thanks, i just did

----

peter VV

03/09/07 11:41:56

Why dont you ask them to find out for you?

customerservice (AT) sierratradingpost (DOT) com

Here's the coat~

----

HAH

love*light,

GaiaHemp

Peter H

Peter H

Guest guest

That is quite a nice posititve reply. The Valley Vegan..............HAH <GaiaHemp wrote: This is what i got this morning~ "Dear Danita Castillo,

Thank you for your recent inquiry via our website. We would be happy to research your question, but it may take some time. That being said, we have forwarded your inquiry to product research and will contact you just as soon as the information becomes available. Thanks for your patience. Your business is appreciated. Sincerely, Jennifer Customer Service Sierra Trading Post" ---- peter VV 03/10/07 13:08:32 Re: Humane Society: 'Faux fur' often animal hair Let us know how good a reply you

get.......... The Valley Vegan...............HAH <GaiaHemp (AT) earthlink (DOT) net> wrote: thanks, i just did ---- peter

VV 03/09/07 11:41:56 Re: Humane Society: 'Faux fur' often animal hair Why dont you ask them to find out for you? customerservice (AT) sierratradingpost (DOT) com The Valley Vegan...............HAH <GaiaHemp (AT) earthlink (DOT) net> wrote: Here's the coat~ http://www.sierratradingpost.com/p/,41582_Nordic-Lights-Plush-Acrylic-Hooded-Parka-For-Women.html ---- HAH 03/09/07 10:59:44 Humane Society: 'Faux fur' often animal hair I just heard about this on "more hip than hippie" podcast today~ That the faux fur we might buy isn't fake?? It could be dog hair?? I purchased a coat with faux fur the other day on sale at one of my favorite camping Website for the first time and now i'm thinking its real fur because it feels to authentic~ WTF?! How can i find out if its real if it doesn't say it on the coat? http://www.cnn.com/2007/POLITICS/02/07/dog.fur/index.html love*light, GaiaHemp Peter H New Mail is the ultimate force in competitive emailing. Find out more at the Mail Championships. Plus: play games and win prizes. Peter H All New Mail – Tired of unwanted email come-ons? Let our SpamGuard protect you. Peter H