IndiaDivine.org

Being Awake

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

You know, as Vegans, we are so awakened to what's really going on, so alive, i cant see how anyone could stop being a Vegan, give it up and go back to eating and wearing once living peaceful beings again?? I mean, i am so now weirded out by the fact that my new coat, i wanted to wear next fall, might be a dog or raccoon? yeeesh!

Just yesterday, as i was doing my gardening before i sow new seeds this season, my hands covered in rich black soil, for i don't care to wear gloves because i love the feeling of the soil on my hands and the smell too, my mail man drove by after delivering the mail and asked me out for a date~ I could tell he was a big time animal eater, and the way i got rid of him was to immediately tell him that i was a Vegan:) He had already wrote his phone number on a piece of paper and i could see him slowly crumbling up the paper in his hand as he stood there in shock, pot belly and all! hehehe! Yeah, i love Veganism and what it shields away from me, as well, the bad and ugly but never the good, for it keeps the good a comin as long as we remain awake and on top of being true to what it stands for~

just venting before i go off to work, ok?

love*light,

GaiaHemp

Guest guest

-

HAH

Friday, March 09, 2007 9:06 PM

Being Awake

Have a look where the 'fur' joins the 'skin' You will be able to tell if it is real fur or not.

Jo

You know, as Vegans, we are so awakened to what's really going on, so alive, i cant see how anyone could stop being a Vegan, give it up and go back to eating and wearing once living peaceful beings again?? I mean, i am so now weirded out by the fact that my new coat, i wanted to wear next fall, might be a dog or raccoon? yeeesh!

Just yesterday, as i was doing my gardening before i sow new seeds this season, my hands covered in rich black soil, for i don't care to wear gloves because i love the feeling of the soil on my hands and the smell too, my mail man drove by after delivering the mail and asked me out for a date~ I could tell he was a big time animal eater, and the way i got rid of him was to immediately tell him that i was a Vegan:) He had already wrote his phone number on a piece of paper and i could see him slowly crumbling up the paper in his hand as he stood there in shock, pot belly and all! hehehe! Yeah, i love Veganism and what it shields away from me, as well, the bad and ugly but never the good, for it keeps the good a comin as long as we remain awake and on top of being true to what it stands for~

love*light,

GaiaHemp

Guest guest

oh, ok, i went to check, funny but it was really queezing me out thinking i might now be running my fingers thru what used to be a live being:(! I dropped the coat just to come back and let you know what i am experiencing now,,, yeeesh, not seeing anything but strands of what i hope to be fake hair attached to cloth, i'll reluctantly go back and check again~

thanks~

----

jo

03/09/07 16:29:10

Re: Being Awake

-

HAH

Being Awake

Have a look where the 'fur' joins the 'skin' You will be able to tell if it is real fur or not.

Jo

love*light,

GaiaHemp

Guest guest

i'm feeling better now, it's fake, not a bit of skin where the hair is attached and none of the hair is shedding like real fur would do and my dog isn't chasing after it:) thanks for showing me that, Jo!

----

HAH

03/09/07 18:38:26

oh, ok, i went to check, funny but it was really queezing me out thinking i might now be running my fingers thru what used to be a live being:(! I dropped the coat just to come back and let you know what i am experiencing now,,, yeeesh, not seeing anything but strands of what i hope to be fake hair attached to cloth, i'll reluctantly go back and check again~

thanks~

----

jo

03/09/07 16:29:10

-

HAH

Being Awake

Jo

love*light,

GaiaHemp

Guest guest

I am begining to sense a wicked side to you! The Valley Vegan...............HAH <GaiaHemp wrote: You know, as Vegans, we are so awakened to what's really going on, so alive, i cant see how anyone could stop being a Vegan, give it up and go back to eating

and wearing once living peaceful beings again?? I mean, i am so now weirded out by the fact that my new coat, i wanted to wear next fall, might be a dog or raccoon? yeeesh! Just yesterday, as i was doing my gardening before i sow new seeds this season, my hands covered in rich black soil, for i don't care to wear gloves because i love the feeling of the soil on my hands and the smell too, my mail man drove by after delivering the mail and asked me out for a date~ I could tell he was a big time animal eater, and the way i got rid of him was to immediately tell him that i was a Vegan:) He had already wrote his phone number on a piece of paper and i could see him slowly crumbling up the paper in his hand as he stood there in shock, pot belly and all! hehehe! Yeah, i love Veganism and what it shields away from me, as well, the bad and ugly but never the

good, for it keeps the good a comin as long as we remain awake and on top of being true to what it stands for~ just venting before i go off to work, ok? love*light, GaiaHemp Peter H

What kind of emailer are you? Find out today - get a free analysis of your email personality. Take the quiz at the Mail Championship.

Guest guest

How so?

----

peter VV

03/10/07 16:13:57

I am begining to sense a wicked side to you!

The Valley Vegan...............HAH <GaiaHemp (AT) earthlink (DOT) net> wrote:

love*light,

GaiaHemp

Peter H

What kind of emailer are you? Find out today - get a free analysis of your email personality. Take the quiz at the Mail Championship.

Guest guest

Ok Peter,

I've been waiting a day for you to respond back on your assumption about you sensing a wicked side to me, and i have to say now that i'm offended by your comment being that it has, what i view as, a religious sexist overtone to it~ I say religious as well because many males tend to refer to females as "evilwickedwhores" etc.. when we fight back against male aggression, for that attitude comes from religious conditioning, just as the need to have dominion over other species and races~ You made that comment based on the fact of my gender just as someone would do based on the fact of their race or even age~ I was also offended by many sexist comments coming from that mailman when he realized there was no chance in his lifetime that i would be cooking up a pot of dead animal for him anyday soon, so he said "maybe i could come over and just "hangout" then??" Meaning he now thought i could be a piece of meat since i wont be cooking it up for him~

As a Vegan, i've awaken to not only the conditioning of how we humans horribly treat animals, but also how many males have been conditioned to treat females, just as a piece of meat, (case in point, many strip bars that now serve meat with the meat) and if they can't get that then they make sexist comments towards us~ I am no more wicked than you are a "dog" or "wimp" when you find the need one day to vent about issues that you must deal with as a male that's also a Vegan, ok? Just give me the same respect, that's all i ask~

thank you,

Danita

----

HAH

03/10/07 20:10:13

How so?

----

peter VV

love*light,

GaiaHemp

Peter H

Guest guest

Hey Danita, Are you being serious, or just pulling my leg? I think we are loosing something in translation here? Boy you read a lot into one whimsical throwaway comment? If you took it as anything other than it was intended, then I will apologise?! Certainly wasnt concious of being sexist or religious ( I am the last person to be religious ). The Valley Vegan............HAH <GaiaHemp wrote: Ok Peter, I've been waiting a day for you to respond back on your assumption about you sensing a wicked side to me, and i have to say now that i'm offended by your comment being that it has, what i view as, a religious sexist overtone to it~ I say religious as well because many males tend to refer to females as "evilwickedwhores" etc.. when we fight back against male aggression, for that attitude comes from religious conditioning, just as the need to have dominion over other species and races~ You made that comment based on the fact of my gender just

as someone would do based on the fact of their race or even age~ I was also offended by many sexist comments coming from that mailman when he realized there was no chance in his lifetime that i would be cooking up a pot of dead animal for him anyday soon, so he said "maybe i could come over and just "hangout" then??" Meaning he now thought i could be a piece of meat since i wont be cooking it up for him~ As a Vegan, i've awaken to not only the conditioning of how we humans horribly treat animals, but also how many males have been conditioned to treat females, just as a piece of meat, (case in point, many strip bars that now serve meat with the meat) and if they can't get that then they make sexist comments towards us~ I am no more wicked than you are a

"dog" or "wimp" when you find the need one day to vent about issues that you must deal with as a male that's also a Vegan, ok? Just give me the same respect, that's all i ask~ thank you, Danita ---- HAH 03/10/07 20:10:13 Re: Being Awake How so? ---- peter VV 03/10/07 16:13:57 Re: Being Awake I am begining to sense a wicked side to you! The Valley

Vegan...............HAH <GaiaHemp (AT) earthlink (DOT) net> wrote: You know, as Vegans, we are so awakened to what's really going on, so alive, i cant see how anyone could stop being a Vegan, give it up and go back to eating and wearing once living peaceful beings again?? I mean, i am so now weirded out by the fact that my new coat, i wanted to wear next fall, might be a dog or raccoon? yeeesh! Just yesterday, as i was doing my gardening before i sow new seeds this season, my hands covered in rich black soil, for i don't care to wear gloves because i love the feeling of

the soil on my hands and the smell too, my mail man drove by after delivering the mail and asked me out for a date~ I could tell he was a big time animal eater, and the way i got rid of him was to immediately tell him that i was a Vegan:) He had already wrote his phone number on a piece of paper and i could see him slowly crumbling up the paper in his hand as he stood there in shock, pot belly and all! hehehe! Yeah, i love Veganism and what it shields away from me, as well, the bad and ugly but never the good, for it keeps the good a comin as long as we remain awake and on top of being true to what it stands for~ just venting before i go off to work, ok? love*light, GaiaHemp Peter H What kind of emailer are you? Find out today - get a free analysis of your email personality. Take the quiz at the Mail Championship. Peter H

New Mail is the ultimate force in competitive emailing. Find out more at the Mail Championships. Plus: play games and win prizes.

Guest guest

You appeared to be almost mocking him for being a carnivore, and suggesting that he wouldnt stand a chance in hell of getting to know you for not being a vegan. "as he stood there in shock, pot belly and all! hehehe! Yeah, i love Veganism " I took this to be not entirely serious, and neither was my reply. The Valley Vegan............ HAH <GaiaHemp wrote: How so? ---- peter VV 03/10/07 16:13:57 Re: Being Awake I am begining to sense a wicked side to you! The Valley Vegan...............HAH <GaiaHemp (AT) earthlink (DOT) net> wrote: You know, as Vegans, we are so awakened to what's really going on, so alive, i cant see how anyone could stop being a Vegan, give it up and go back to eating and wearing once living peaceful beings again?? I mean, i am so now weirded out by the fact that my new coat, i wanted to wear next fall, might be a dog or raccoon? yeeesh! Just yesterday, as i was doing my gardening before i sow new seeds this season, my hands covered in rich black soil, for i don't care to wear gloves because i love the feeling of the soil on my hands and the smell too, my mail man drove by after delivering the mail and asked me out for

a date~ I could tell he was a big time animal eater, and the way i got rid of him was to immediately tell him that i was a Vegan:) He had already wrote his phone number on a piece of paper and i could see him slowly crumbling up the paper in his hand as he stood there in shock, pot belly and all! hehehe! Yeah, i love Veganism and what it shields away from me, as well, the bad and ugly but never the good, for it keeps the good a comin as long as we remain awake and on top of being true to what it stands for~ just venting before i go off to work, ok? love*light, GaiaHemp Peter H What kind of emailer are you? Find out today - get a free analysis of your email personality. Take the quiz at the Mail Championship. Peter H

Guest guest

Hi Danita

Whoa there. I think you're reading way too much into what most of us read as a throw away comment.

I'm hoping there is something of jest in your below comments, because if there's not then I do feel I need to point out just how sexist you are being with those comments. I think maybe you should try viewing the comments people make as though they have come from people, rather than which genitalia the person making the comment happens to have. I wonder if you would have taken such offence if Jo had made the same comment to you (which knowing Jo, I can well see her doing!)?

Very briefly putting on my moderators hat, I do feel a need to say that if you feel someone has said something offensive, the approriate thing to do is to contact the moderators (myself, Fraggle & Jo), and highlight the issue. It really isn't appropriate to send a post to the list accusing people of sexism, as this in itself is offensive behaviour.

BB

Peter

-

HAH

Sunday, March 11, 2007 6:23 PM

Ok Peter,

I've been waiting a day for you to respond back on your assumption about you sensing a wicked side to me, and i have to say now that i'm offended by your comment being that it has, what i view as, a religious sexist overtone to it~ I say religious as well because many males tend to refer to females as "evilwickedwhores" etc.. when we fight back against male aggression, for that attitude comes from religious conditioning, just as the need to have dominion over other species and races~ You made that comment based on the fact of my gender just as someone would do based on the fact of their race or even age~ I was also offended by many sexist comments coming from that mailman when he realized there was no chance in his lifetime that i would be cooking up a pot of dead animal for him anyday soon, so he said "maybe i could come over and just "hangout" then??" Meaning he now thought i could be a piece of meat since i wont be cooking it up for him~

As a Vegan, i've awaken to not only the conditioning of how we humans horribly treat animals, but also how many males have been conditioned to treat females, just as a piece of meat, (case in point, many strip bars that now serve meat with the meat) and if they can't get that then they make sexist comments towards us~ I am no more wicked than you are a "dog" or "wimp" when you find the need one day to vent about issues that you must deal with as a male that's also a Vegan, ok? Just give me the same respect, that's all i ask~

thank you,

Danita

----

HAH

How so?

----

peter VV

love*light,

GaiaHemp

Peter H

Guest guest

I certainly did not feel there was anything sexist in what Peter said. I have no particular recollection of him ever being sexist, and I think I would be aware of it if he was.

Jo

-

Peter

Sunday, March 11, 2007 8:52 PM

Hi Danita

Whoa there. I think you're reading way too much into what most of us read as a throw away comment.

I'm hoping there is something of jest in your below comments, because if there's not then I do feel I need to point out just how sexist you are being with those comments. I think maybe you should try viewing the comments people make as though they have come from people, rather than which genitalia the person making the comment happens to have. I wonder if you would have taken such offence if Jo had made the same comment to you (which knowing Jo, I can well see her doing!)?

Very briefly putting on my moderators hat, I do feel a need to say that if you feel someone has said something offensive, the approriate thing to do is to contact the moderators (myself, Fraggle & Jo), and highlight the issue. It really isn't appropriate to send a post to the list accusing people of sexism, as this in itself is offensive behaviour.

BB

Peter

-

HAH

Ok Peter,

thank you,

Danita

----

HAH

How so?

----

peter VV

love*light,

GaiaHemp

Peter H

Guest guest

I was mocking him but i would never mock him for being a man or less of a man, but for thinking i would be interested in someone who has not taken care of himself, for i am 47 and in good shape, and he was obese 35 yo going on 60 in appearance, and for thinking i wanted to just "hang out" with him~ He was the 2nd mailman that i had to deal with thinking i wanted a sexual advancement called a date when all i was doing was minding my business in my garden, the first one i had to report to his Super after i warned him 3 times that i didn't care for it~ That mailman and i are still speaking to one another without the innuendos now, thank goodness~

It's like this Peter, i have heard people say that men who are Vegans are "wimps" or "gay" when they are only more Compassionate Beings and what i got from your comment was that i was somehow "wicked" because i was mocking a guy's appearance that was making an advancement at me~ I was making fun of him but there was nothing wicked, which means evil, in my commentary~ To me, that term is demeaning unless its something 2 people are saying in the privacy of their own relationship~

and by the way, i am not angry with you:)

much love,

Danita

----

peter VV

03/11/07 12:54:51

You appeared to be almost mocking him for being a carnivore, and suggesting that he wouldnt stand a chance in hell of getting to know you for not being a vegan. "as he stood there in shock, pot belly and all! hehehe! Yeah, i love Veganism "

I took this to be not entirely serious, and neither was my reply.

The Valley Vegan............

HAH <GaiaHemp (AT) earthlink (DOT) net> wrote:

How so?

----

peter VV

love*light,

GaiaHemp

Peter H

Peter H

Guest guest

Hi Peter,

This is how it works for me, i felt what was said was sexist, and as adults we should be able to chat openly about that without insulting anyone, which i haven't~ If i have been sexist with any comment, i too should be told, like i have just done with Peter, what was it that was sexist, yet you didn't show me that? please put it in quotes~ I work for the Library District in the Children Dept, and what makes it so wonderful of a place to work for is that we are very open about preventing sexism, racism and other forms of discrimination from going too far~ When someone makes a sexual innuendo or any other type of remark, we are allow to call them on it if "we feel" that was what it was~ We get the opportunity to talk about it while a moderator is there~ If Jo had called me "wicked", i would have still said it was sexist, since women are very good at calling each others demeaning names, just like blacks do to each other and gays too~ I still have the right to at least say, without insult, that i feel this is how that term made me feel~ It gives the other person a chance to explain why they felt the need to say that, which Peter did but it would have been better if he had also given an explanation after he made such a comment~

So i never sent a post accusing "people" of sexism, unless this group is a cult, but i did send one to Peter because i felt that's how it felt to me~ If we aren't able to express, in a decent open manner, as to how we feel about anything and everything here then why call it "chat"?

so now please show me where i was sexist, so i don't make that same mistake again, for i too dont want to offend anyone~

thank you~

Danita

----

Peter

03/11/07 14:04:56

Hi Danita

BB

Peter

-

HAH

Ok Peter,

thank you,

Danita

----

HAH

How so?

----

peter VV

love*light,

GaiaHemp

Peter H

Guest guest

I can recall on a hotel job i had in the late 80s, early 90s, before it was imploded, i had been a bell hop/limo driver/door lady at The Sands Hotel & Casino ( i've worked many male oriented type jobs in the past before, i had also been a PipeFitter & Plumber Apprentice at The Nevada Test Site before i became very ill in the late 70s, early 80s) I was the 2nd female on the job, there had only been 1 before me, ever, in that occupation, she was a lil older than me~ The males there would watch porn in the back around the luggage on a tv we had there, she watched with them, i didnt~ This was also the time Anita Hill was testifying before congress about being sexually harassed by now Justice Thomas~ The men would say horrible things about Miss Hill right in front of us 2 females, the older female bellhop didn't see anything wrong with what was being said about Miss Hill, i thought it was the most offensive moment in my life~ They also would say sexist things to both of us, she would laugh along, i eventually quit the job because i was the odd bird out~

So you see, Jo, it's not about how YOU felt what he said to me came across, even thou i respect your thoughts on this, its about how it felt to me, which i only wanted to point out why it felt that way, for i also i thought Peter was now dodging me on this issue since he never left an explanation as to why he thought i was wicked~

anyway, i got to go walk my furry child, she is a growling right now at me:)

ciao!

Danita

----

jo

03/11/07 17:03:47

I certainly did not feel there was anything sexist in what Peter said. I have no particular recollection of him ever being sexist, and I think I would be aware of it if he was.

Jo

-

Peter

Sunday, March 11, 2007 8:52 PM

Hi Danita

BB

Peter

-

HAH

Ok Peter,

thank you,

Danita

----

HAH

How so?

----

peter VV

love*light,

GaiaHemp

Peter H

Guest guest

You know,,, that is what i have done after waiting for your response and responding about it today~ I read waay too much into it after dealing so many times with people who have given me a hard time in the past~ I allowed their past actions towards me to spew over on you, so i'm sorry too~ That mailman really got under my skin and it caused me to come off mean spirited here when i was trying to explain my moment with him and how great it feels to be a Vegan~ I assumed that you were judging me too harshly in a sexist manner, as well, and by the time i got up this morning and had not seen your response, i thought you were also dodging me now~

It's like when people have been cutting you off all day in traffic, then you try to explain how that made you feel to someone that doesn't drive or now a cop that has pulled you over, only to appear more out of control now to that person than those who you have been describing?? Then he says, "man, you are nuts, you shouldn't drive"

Hopefully that's was a good analogy~

i apologize too to everyone else that got thrown off by my,,, uh,, "monthly" tirade~

Danita

----

peter VV

03/11/07 12:50:50

Hey Danita,

Are you being serious, or just pulling my leg?

I think we are loosing something in translation here?

Boy you read a lot into one whimsical throwaway comment?

If you took it as anything other than it was intended, then I will apologise?!

Certainly wasnt concious of being sexist or religious ( I am the last person to be religious ).

The Valley Vegan............HAH <GaiaHemp (AT) earthlink (DOT) net> wrote:

Ok Peter,

thank you,

Danita

----

HAH

How so?

----

peter VV

love*light,

GaiaHemp

Peter H

Peter H

New Mail is the ultimate force in competitive emailing. Find out more at the Mail Championships. Plus: play games and win prizes.

Guest guest

HI Danita

I do think it is rude to mock someone for their appearance. How do

you justify this?

Jo

, " HAH " <GaiaHemp wrote:

>

> I was mocking him but i would never mock him for being a man or

less of a

> man, but for thinking i would be interested in someone who has not

taken

> care of himself, for i am 47 and in good shape, and he was obese 35

yo going

> on 60 in appearance, and for thinking i wanted to just " hang out "

with him~

> He was the 2nd mailman that i had to deal with thinking i wanted a

sexual

> advancement called a date when all i was doing was minding my

business in my

> garden, the first one i had to report to his Super after i warned

him 3

> times that i didn't care for it~ That mailman and i are still

speaking to

> one another without the innuendos now, thank goodness~

>

> It's like this Peter, i have heard people say that men who are

Vegans are

> wimps " or " gay " when they are only more Compassionate Beings and

what i got

> from your comment was that i was somehow " wicked " because i was

mocking a

> guy's appearance that was making an advancement at me~ I was making

fun of

> him but there was nothing wicked, which means evil, in my

commentary~ To me,

> that term is demeaning unless its something 2 people are saying in

the

> privacy of their own relationship~

>

> and by the way, i am not angry with you:)

>

> much love,

> Danita

>

>

> ----

>

> peter VV

> 03/11/07 12:54:51

>

> Re: Being Awake

>

> You appeared to be almost mocking him for being a carnivore, and

suggesting

> that he wouldnt stand a chance in hell of getting to know you for

not being

> a vegan. " as he stood there in shock, pot belly and all! hehehe!

Yeah, i

> love Veganism "

> I took this to be not entirely serious, and neither was my reply.

>

> The Valley Vegan............

>

>

> HAH <GaiaHemp wrote:

> How so?

>

> ----

>

> peter VV

> 03/10/07 16:13:57

>

>

> I am begining to sense a wicked side to you!

>

> The Valley Vegan...............

>

> HAH <GaiaHemp wrote:

> You know, as Vegans, we are so awakened to what's really going on,

so alive

> i cant see how anyone could stop being a Vegan, give it up and go

back to

> eating and wearing once living peaceful beings again?? I mean, i am

so now

> weirded out by the fact that my new coat, i wanted to wear next

fall, might

> be a dog or raccoon? yeeesh!

>

> Just yesterday, as i was doing my gardening before i sow new seeds

this

> season, my hands covered in rich black soil, for i don't care to

wear gloves

> because i love the feeling of the soil on my hands and the smell

too, my

> mail man drove by after delivering the mail and asked me out for a

date~ I

> could tell he was a big time animal eater, and the way i got rid of

him was

> to immediately tell him that i was a Vegan:) He had already wrote

his phone

> number on a piece of paper and i could see him slowly crumbling up

the paper

> in his hand as he stood there in shock, pot belly and all! hehehe!

Yeah, i

> love Veganism and what it shields away from me, as well, the bad

and ugly

> but never the good, for it keeps the good a comin as long as we

remain awake

> and on top of being true to what it stands for~

>

> just venting before i go off to work, ok?

>

>

>

> love*light,

> GaiaHemp

>

>

Peter H

>

>

>

> What kind of emailer are you? Find out today - get a free analysis

of your

> email personality. Take the quiz at the Mail Championship.

>

>

Peter H

>

>

>

of your

>

Guest guest

Danita

I sense by what you say that you have somewhat of an agenda here.

While you have every right to query any discriminatory remarks, this

does not mean that you can offend people, by seeing evil where there

is none.

Jo

>

> Hi Peter,

>

> This is how it works for me, i felt what was said was sexist, and

as adults

> we should be able to chat openly about that without insulting

anyone, which

> i haven't~ If i have been sexist with any comment, i too should be

told,

> like i have just done with Peter, what was it that was sexist, yet

you didn

> t show me that? please put it in quotes~ I work for the Library

District in

> the Children Dept, and what makes it so wonderful of a place to

work for is

> that we are very open about preventing sexism, racism and other

forms of

> discrimination from going too far~ When someone makes a sexual

innuendo or

> any other type of remark, we are allow to call them on it if " we

feel " that

> was what it was~ We get the opportunity to talk about it while a

> is there~ If Jo had called me " wicked " , i would have still said it

was

> sexist, since women are very good at calling each others demeaning

names,

> just like blacks do to each other and gays too~ I still have the

right to at

> least say, without insult, that i feel this is how that term made

me feel~

> It gives the other person a chance to explain why they felt the

need to say

> that, which Peter did but it would have been better if he had also

given an

> explanation after he made such a comment~

>

> So i never sent a post accusing " people " of sexism, unless this

group is a

> cult, but i did send one to Peter because i felt that's how it felt

to me~

> If we aren't able to express, in a decent open manner, as to how we

feel

> about anything and everything here then why call it " chat " ?

>

> so now please show me where i was sexist, so i don't make that same

mistake

> again, for i too dont want to offend anyone~

>

> thank you~

> Danita

>

> ----

>

> Peter

> 03/11/07 14:04:56

>

>

> Hi Danita

>

> Whoa there. I think you're reading way too much into what most of

us read as

> a throw away comment.

>

> I'm hoping there is something of jest in your below comments,

because if

> there's not then I do feel I need to point out just how sexist you

are being

> with those comments. I think maybe you should try viewing the

comments

> people make as though they have come from people, rather than which

> genitalia the person making the comment happens to have. I wonder

if you

> would have taken such offence if Jo had made the same comment to

you (which

> knowing Jo, I can well see her doing!)?

>

> Very briefly putting on my moderators hat, I do feel a need to say

that if

> you feel someone has said something offensive, the approriate thing

to do is

> to contact the moderators (myself, Fraggle & Jo), and highlight the

issue.

> It really isn't appropriate to send a post to the list accusing

people of

> sexism, as this in itself is offensive behaviour.

>

> BB

> Peter

> -

> HAH

>

> Sunday, March 11, 2007 6:23 PM

>

>

> Ok Peter,

>

> I've been waiting a day for you to respond back on your assumption

about

> you sensing a wicked side to me, and i have to say now that i'm

offended by

> your comment being that it has, what i view as, a religious sexist

overtone

> to it~ I say religious as well because many males tend to refer to

females

> as " evil " " wicked " " whores " etc.. when we fight back against male

aggression

> for that attitude comes from religious conditioning, just as the

need to

> have dominion over other species and races~ You made that comment

based on

> the fact of my gender just as someone would do based on the fact of

their

> race or even age~ I was also offended by many sexist comments

coming from

> that mailman when he realized there was no chance in his lifetime

that i

> would be cooking up a pot of dead animal for him anyday soon, so he

said

> maybe i could come over and just " hangout " then?? " Meaning he now

thought i

> could be a piece of meat since i wont be cooking it up for him~

>

> As a Vegan, i've awaken to not only the conditioning of how we

humans

> horribly treat animals, but also how many males have been

conditioned to

> treat females, just as a piece of meat, (case in point, many strip

bars that

> now serve meat with the meat) and if they can't get that then they

make

> sexist comments towards us~ I am no more wicked than you are

a " dog " or

> wimp " when you find the need one day to vent about issues that you

must deal

> with as a male that's also a Vegan, ok? Just give me the same

respect, that

> s all i ask~

>

>

>

> thank you,

> Danita

>

> ----

>

> HAH

> 03/10/07 20:10:13

>

>

> How so?

>

> ----

>

> peter VV

>

>

>

>

> HAH <GaiaHemp wrote:

so alive

back to

so now

fall, might

>

this

wear gloves

too, my

date~ I

him was

his phone

the paper

Yeah, i

and ugly

remain awake

>

>

>

>

> love*light,

> GaiaHemp

>

>

Peter H

>

>

>

of your

>

Guest guest

Danita

I am tiring of this thread.

I feel you may be of the same frame of mind as a few other women I

know who join Gaia groups (wymyns groups) mainly because they dislike

men and cannot interact with them.

Can I suggest, as moderator, that we drop this thread of accusation

immediately.

Thank you.

Jo

>

>

> I can recall on a hotel job i had in the late 80s, early 90s,

before it was

> imploded, i had been a bell hop/limo driver/door lady at The Sands

Hotel &

> Casino ( i've worked many male oriented type jobs in the past

before, i had

> also been a PipeFitter & Plumber Apprentice at The Nevada Test Site

before i

> became very ill in the late 70s, early 80s) I was the 2nd female

on the job

> there had only been 1 before me, ever, in that occupation, she was

a lil

> older than me~ The males there would watch porn in the back around

the

> luggage on a tv we had there, she watched with them, i didnt~ This

was also

> the time Anita Hill was testifying before congress about being

sexually

> harassed by now Justice Thomas~ The men would say horrible things

about Miss

> Hill right in front of us 2 females, the older female bellhop

didn't see

> anything wrong with what was being said about Miss Hill, i thought

it was

> the most offensive moment in my life~ They also would say sexist

things to

> both of us, she would laugh along, i eventually quit the job

because i was

> the odd bird out~

>

>

> So you see, Jo, it's not about how YOU felt what he said to me came

across,

> even thou i respect your thoughts on this, its about how it felt to

me,

> which i only wanted to point out why it felt that way, for i also i

thought

> Peter was now dodging me on this issue since he never left an

explanation as

> to why he thought i was wicked~

>

>

>

>

> anyway, i got to go walk my furry child, she is a growling right

now at me:)

>

>

> ciao!

> Danita

>

>

>

> ----

>

> jo

> 03/11/07 17:03:47

>

>

> I certainly did not feel there was anything sexist in what Peter

said. I

> have no particular recollection of him ever being sexist, and I

think I

> would be aware of it if he was.

>

> Jo

> -

> Peter

>

> Sunday, March 11, 2007 8:52 PM

>

>

> Hi Danita

>

> Whoa there. I think you're reading way too much into what most of

us read as

> a throw away comment.

>

> I'm hoping there is something of jest in your below comments,

because if

> there's not then I do feel I need to point out just how sexist you

are being

> with those comments. I think maybe you should try viewing the

comments

> people make as though they have come from people, rather than which

> genitalia the person making the comment happens to have. I wonder

if you

> would have taken such offence if Jo had made the same comment to

you (which

> knowing Jo, I can well see her doing!)?

>

> Very briefly putting on my moderators hat, I do feel a need to say

that if

> you feel someone has said something offensive, the approriate thing

to do is

> to contact the moderators (myself, Fraggle & Jo), and highlight the

issue.

> It really isn't appropriate to send a post to the list accusing

people of

> sexism, as this in itself is offensive behaviour.

>

> BB

> Peter

> -

> HAH

>

> Sunday, March 11, 2007 6:23 PM

>

>

> Ok Peter,

>

> I've been waiting a day for you to respond back on your assumption

about

> you sensing a wicked side to me, and i have to say now that i'm

offended by

> your comment being that it has, what i view as, a religious sexist

overtone

> to it~ I say religious as well because many males tend to refer to

females

> as " evil " " wicked " " whores " etc.. when we fight back against male

aggression

> for that attitude comes from religious conditioning, just as the

need to

> have dominion over other species and races~ You made that comment

based on

> the fact of my gender just as someone would do based on the fact of

their

> race or even age~ I was also offended by many sexist comments

coming from

> that mailman when he realized there was no chance in his lifetime

that i

> would be cooking up a pot of dead animal for him anyday soon, so he

said

> maybe i could come over and just " hangout " then?? " Meaning he now

thought i

> could be a piece of meat since i wont be cooking it up for him~

>

> As a Vegan, i've awaken to not only the conditioning of how we

humans

> horribly treat animals, but also how many males have been

conditioned to

> treat females, just as a piece of meat, (case in point, many strip

bars that

> now serve meat with the meat) and if they can't get that then they

make

> sexist comments towards us~ I am no more wicked than you are

a " dog " or

> wimp " when you find the need one day to vent about issues that you

must deal

> with as a male that's also a Vegan, ok? Just give me the same

respect, that

> s all i ask~

>

>

>

> thank you,

> Danita

>

> ----

>

> HAH

> 03/10/07 20:10:13

>

>

> How so?

>

> ----

>

> peter VV

>

>

>

>

> HAH <GaiaHemp wrote:

so alive

back to

so now

fall, might

>

this

wear gloves

too, my

date~ I

him was

his phone

the paper

Yeah, i

and ugly

remain awake

>

>

>

>

> love*light,

> GaiaHemp

>

>

Peter H

>

>

>

of your

>

Guest guest

Yeah, you are right if that person isn't harassing you, but if they are, which he was to me, then its fair game! I dont play that shit, not at all, not ever~ I am a fan of comics who mock people like Rosie O and Rush Limpballs and the likes, as well, sue me:)

Danita

----

heartwerk

03/12/07 01:02:08

HI DanitaI do think it is rude to mock someone for their appearance. How do you justify this?Jo , "HAH" <GaiaHemp wrote:>> I was mocking him but i would never mock him for being a man or less of a> man, but for thinking i would be interested in someone who has not taken> care of himself, for i am 47 and in good shape, and he was obese 35 yo going> on 60 in appearance, and for thinking i wanted to just "hang out" with him~> He was the 2nd mailman that i had to deal with thinking i wanted a sexual> advancement called a date when all i was doing was minding my business in my> garden, the first one i had to report to his Super after i warned him 3> times that i didn't care for it~ That mailman and i are still speaking to> one another without the innuendos now, thank goodness~ > > It's like this Peter, i have heard people say that men who are Vegans are > wimps" or "gay" when they are only more Compassionate Beings and what i got> from your comment was that i was somehow "wicked" because i was mocking a> guy's appearance that was making an advancement at me~ I was making fun of> him but there was nothing wicked, which means evil, in my commentary~ To me,> that term is demeaning unless its something 2 people are saying in the> privacy of their own relationship~> > and by the way, i am not angry with you:)> > much love,> Danita > > > ----> > peter VV> 03/11/07 12:54:51> > Re: Being Awake> > You appeared to be almost mocking him for being a carnivore, and suggesting> that he wouldnt stand a chance in hell of getting to know you for not being> a vegan. "as he stood there in shock, pot belly and all! hehehe! Yeah, i> love Veganism "> I took this to be not entirely serious, and neither was my reply.> > The Valley Vegan............> > > HAH <GaiaHemp wrote:> How so?> > ----> > peter VV> 03/10/07 16:13:57> > Re: Being Awake> > I am begining to sense a wicked side to you!> > The Valley Vegan...............> > HAH <GaiaHemp wrote:> You know, as Vegans, we are so awakened to what's really going on, so alive> i cant see how anyone could stop being a Vegan, give it up and go back to> eating and wearing once living peaceful beings again?? I mean, i am so now> weirded out by the fact that my new coat, i wanted to wear next fall, might> be a dog or raccoon? yeeesh! > > Just yesterday, as i was doing my gardening before i sow new seeds this> season, my hands covered in rich black soil, for i don't care to wear gloves> because i love the feeling of the soil on my hands and the smell too, my> mail man drove by after delivering the mail and asked me out for a date~ I> could tell he was a big time animal eater, and the way i got rid of him was> to immediately tell him that i was a Vegan:) He had already wrote his phone> number on a piece of paper and i could see him slowly crumbling up the paper> in his hand as he stood there in shock, pot belly and all! hehehe! Yeah, i> love Veganism and what it shields away from me, as well, the bad and ugly> but never the good, for it keeps the good a comin as long as we remain awake> and on top of being true to what it stands for~> > just venting before i go off to work, ok? > > > > love*light,> GaiaHemp > > > > > > > > > Peter H > > > > What kind of emailer are you? Find out today - get a free analysis of your> email personality. Take the quiz at the Mail Championship. > > > > > > > > > Peter H > > > > What kind of emailer are you? Find out today - get a free analysis of your> email personality. Take the quiz at the Mail Championship.>

Guest guest

Danita

This discussion is not going to continue on list. If you have an issue where you feel you have been offended, I've already told you that you should contact the moderators.

This list is for polite and friendly chat, not for throwing around accusations and insults.

Having said that, I'm happy to discuss sexism in general terms here, without any accusations being thrown at individuals. Sexism is when one person discriminates against another because of their sex - i.e. because of whether they are physically male or female. Sexism works both ways - although for many centuries we did live in a patriarchal society which denegrated and suppressed women (along with other groups such as the working classes), that does not mean that sexism is reserved only for men against women. In my experience the most virulent forms of sexism are from women towards men, simply because some women (particularly of the radical feminist brand) do not seem to comprehend that sexism aimed towards men is possible.

Anyway, if you wish to discuss this particular incident off list, I will be happy to do so - although my time is currently not all that available, so I would prefer not to get into deep discussions off list. If, however, you wish to discuss sexism in generic terms (without any accusations at individuals), I am happy for that to continue on list.

Peter

-

HAH

Monday, March 12, 2007 2:21 AM

Hi Peter,

This is how it works for me, i felt what was said was sexist, and as adults we should be able to chat openly about that without insulting anyone, which i haven't~ If i have been sexist with any comment, i too should be told, like i have just done with Peter, what was it that was sexist, yet you didn't show me that? please put it in quotes~ I work for the Library District in the Children Dept, and what makes it so wonderful of a place to work for is that we are very open about preventing sexism, racism and other forms of discrimination from going too far~ When someone makes a sexual innuendo or any other type of remark, we are allow to call them on it if "we feel" that was what it was~ We get the opportunity to talk about it while a moderator is there~ If Jo had called me "wicked", i would have still said it was sexist, since women are very good at calling each others demeaning names, just like blacks do to each other and gays too~ I still have the right to at least say, without insult, that i feel this is how that term made me feel~ It gives the other person a chance to explain why they felt the need to say that, which Peter did but it would have been better if he had also given an explanation after he made such a comment~

So i never sent a post accusing "people" of sexism, unless this group is a cult, but i did send one to Peter because i felt that's how it felt to me~ If we aren't able to express, in a decent open manner, as to how we feel about anything and everything here then why call it "chat"?

so now please show me where i was sexist, so i don't make that same mistake again, for i too dont want to offend anyone~

thank you~

Danita

----

Peter

Hi Danita

BB

Peter

-

HAH

Ok Peter,

thank you,

Danita

----

HAH

How so?

----

peter VV

love*light,

GaiaHemp

Peter H

Guest guest

So now females that identify with the name Gaia, which means Earth, dislike men and can not interact with them?? huh??

Is that why i love monogamist sex with my 10 year younger than i boyfriend more than once day, is because i dislike him?? I didn't have to mention him but now i feel i must after that inflammatory remark aimed at me~ And dont tell that to the guys i've lifted weights with for over 20 years now, that i can not interact with them, they might not ask me to spot them next time, but i doubt it~

Some religious people tend to think that Vegans are all atheist and or gay~ Sounds familiar? And i thought you would know better than to lump people in a box just because of their title of all things??

well, i am somewhat an atheist, i'm a Pantheist, a very sexual one that loves only one type of meat, that's healthy lean live meat called COCK from only one man~ yummy!

thank you!

Danita

----

heartwerk

03/12/07 01:10:48

DanitaI am tiring of this thread. I feel you may be of the same frame of mind as a few other women I know who join Gaia groups (wymyns groups) mainly because they dislike men and cannot interact with them.Can I suggest, as moderator, that we drop this thread of accusation immediately.Thank you.Jo , "HAH" <GaiaHemp wrote:>> > I can recall on a hotel job i had in the late 80s, early 90s, before it was> imploded, i had been a bell hop/limo driver/door lady at The Sands Hotel & > Casino ( i've worked many male oriented type jobs in the past before, i had> also been a PipeFitter & Plumber Apprentice at The Nevada Test Site before i> became very ill in the late 70s, early 80s) I was the 2nd female on the job> there had only been 1 before me, ever, in that occupation, she was a lil> older than me~ The males there would watch porn in the back around the> luggage on a tv we had there, she watched with them, i didnt~ This was also> the time Anita Hill was testifying before congress about being sexually> harassed by now Justice Thomas~ The men would say horrible things about Miss> Hill right in front of us 2 females, the older female bellhop didn't see> anything wrong with what was being said about Miss Hill, i thought it was> the most offensive moment in my life~ They also would say sexist things to> both of us, she would laugh along, i eventually quit the job because i was> the odd bird out~> > > So you see, Jo, it's not about how YOU felt what he said to me came across,> even thou i respect your thoughts on this, its about how it felt to me,> which i only wanted to point out why it felt that way, for i also i thought> Peter was now dodging me on this issue since he never left an explanation as> to why he thought i was wicked~ > > > > > anyway, i got to go walk my furry child, she is a growling right now at me:)> > > ciao!> Danita> > > > ----> > jo> 03/11/07 17:03:47> > Re: Being Awake> > I certainly did not feel there was anything sexist in what Peter said. I> have no particular recollection of him ever being sexist, and I think I> would be aware of it if he was. > > Jo> - > Peter > > Sunday, March 11, 2007 8:52 PM> Re: Being Awake> > > Hi Danita> > Whoa there. I think you're reading way too much into what most of us read as> a throw away comment.> > I'm hoping there is something of jest in your below comments, because if> there's not then I do feel I need to point out just how sexist you are being> with those comments. I think maybe you should try viewing the comments> people make as though they have come from people, rather than which> genitalia the person making the comment happens to have. I wonder if you> would have taken such offence if Jo had made the same comment to you (which> knowing Jo, I can well see her doing!)?> > Very briefly putting on my moderators hat, I do feel a need to say that if> you feel someone has said something offensive, the approriate thing to do is> to contact the moderators (myself, Fraggle & Jo), and highlight the issue.> It really isn't appropriate to send a post to the list accusing people of> sexism, as this in itself is offensive behaviour.> > BB> Peter> - > HAH > > Sunday, March 11, 2007 6:23 PM> Re: Being Awake> > > Ok Peter,> > I've been waiting a day for you to respond back on your assumption about> you sensing a wicked side to me, and i have to say now that i'm offended by> your comment being that it has, what i view as, a religious sexist overtone> to it~ I say religious as well because many males tend to refer to females> as "evilwickedwhores" etc.. when we fight back against male aggression> for that attitude comes from religious conditioning, just as the need to> have dominion over other species and races~ You made that comment based on> the fact of my gender just as someone would do based on the fact of their> race or even age~ I was also offended by many sexist comments coming from> that mailman when he realized there was no chance in his lifetime that i> would be cooking up a pot of dead animal for him anyday soon, so he said > maybe i could come over and just "hangout" then??" Meaning he now thought i> could be a piece of meat since i wont be cooking it up for him~ > > As a Vegan, i've awaken to not only the conditioning of how we humans> horribly treat animals, but also how many males have been conditioned to> treat females, just as a piece of meat, (case in point, many strip bars that> now serve meat with the meat) and if they can't get that then they make> sexist comments towards us~ I am no more wicked than you are a "dog" or > wimp" when you find the need one day to vent about issues that you must deal> with as a male that's also a Vegan, ok? Just give me the same respect, that> s all i ask~ > > > > thank you,> Danita > > ----> > HAH> 03/10/07 20:10:13> > Re: Being Awake> > How so?> > ----> > peter VV> 03/10/07 16:13:57> > Re: Being Awake> > I am begining to sense a wicked side to you!> > The Valley Vegan...............> > HAH <GaiaHemp wrote:> You know, as Vegans, we are so awakened to what's really going on, so alive> i cant see how anyone could stop being a Vegan, give it up and go back to> eating and wearing once living peaceful beings again?? I mean, i am so now> weirded out by the fact that my new coat, i wanted to wear next fall, might> be a dog or raccoon? yeeesh! > > Just yesterday, as i was doing my gardening before i sow new seeds this> season, my hands covered in rich black soil, for i don't care to wear gloves> because i love the feeling of the soil on my hands and the smell too, my> mail man drove by after delivering the mail and asked me out for a date~ I> could tell he was a big time animal eater, and the way i got rid of him was> to immediately tell him that i was a Vegan:) He had already wrote his phone> number on a piece of paper and i could see him slowly crumbling up the paper> in his hand as he stood there in shock, pot belly and all! hehehe! Yeah, i> love Veganism and what it shields away from me, as well, the bad and ugly> but never the good, for it keeps the good a comin as long as we remain awake> and on top of being true to what it stands for~> > just venting before i go off to work, ok? > > > > love*light,> GaiaHemp > > > > > > > > > Peter H > > > > What kind of emailer are you? Find out today - get a free analysis of your> email personality. Take the quiz at the Mail Championship.>

Guest guest

thank you~

Danita

----

Peter

03/12/07 01:56:02

Danita

This discussion is not going to continue on list. If you have an issue where you feel you have been offended, I've already told you that you should contact the moderators.

This list is for polite and friendly chat, not for throwing around accusations and insults.

Having said that, I'm happy to discuss sexism in general terms here, without any accusations being thrown at individuals. Sexism is when one person discriminates against another because of their sex - i.e. because of whether they are physically male or female. Sexism works both ways - although for many centuries we did live in a patriarchal society which denegrated and suppressed women (along with other groups such as the working classes), that does not mean that sexism is reserved only for men against women. In my experience the most virulent forms of sexism are from women towards men, simply because some women (particularly of the radical feminist brand) do not seem to comprehend that sexism aimed towards men is possible.

Anyway, if you wish to discuss this particular incident off list, I will be happy to do so - although my time is currently not all that available, so I would prefer not to get into deep discussions off list. If, however, you wish to discuss sexism in generic terms (without any accusations at individuals), I am happy for that to continue on list.

Peter

-

HAH

Monday, March 12, 2007 2:21 AM

Hi Peter,

thank you~

Danita

----

Peter

Hi Danita

BB

Peter

-

HAH

Ok Peter,

thank you,

Danita

----

HAH

How so?

----

peter VV

love*light,

GaiaHemp

Peter H

Guest guest

Hi Danita

Please try to remember that this list is people of all ages - we welcome children as well as adults... personally, if I had young vegan children who were trying to find out more about veganism, I wouldn't want them reading explicit details about your sex life!!!

Thanks

Peter

-

HAH

Monday, March 12, 2007 8:59 AM

Re: Re: Being Awake

So now females that identify with the name Gaia, which means Earth, dislike men and can not interact with them?? huh??

Is that why i love monogamist sex with my 10 year younger than i boyfriend more than once day, is because i dislike him?? I didn't have to mention him but now i feel i must after that inflammatory remark aimed at me~ And dont tell that to the guys i've lifted weights with for over 20 years now, that i can not interact with them, they might not ask me to spot them next time, but i doubt it~

Some religious people tend to think that Vegans are all atheist and or gay~ Sounds familiar? And i thought you would know better than to lump people in a box just because of their title of all things??

well, i am somewhat an atheist, i'm a Pantheist, a very sexual one that loves only one type of meat, that's healthy lean live meat called COCK from only one man~ yummy!

thank you!

Danita

----

heartwerk

DanitaI am tiring of this thread. I feel you may be of the same frame of mind as a few other women I know who join Gaia groups (wymyns groups) mainly because they dislike men and cannot interact with them.Can I suggest, as moderator, that we drop this thread of accusation immediately.Thank you.Jo , "HAH" <GaiaHemp wrote:>> > I can recall on a hotel job i had in the late 80s, early 90s, before it was> imploded, i had been a bell hop/limo driver/door lady at The Sands Hotel & > Casino ( i've worked many male oriented type jobs in the past before, i had> also been a PipeFitter & Plumber Apprentice at The Nevada Test Site before i> became very ill in the late 70s, early 80s) I was the 2nd female on the job> there had only been 1 before me, ever, in that occupation, she was a lil> older than me~ The males there would watch porn in the back around the> luggage on a tv we had there, she watched with them, i didnt~ This was also> the time Anita Hill was testifying before congress about being sexually> harassed by now Justice Thomas~ The men would say horrible things about Miss> Hill right in front of us 2 females, the older female bellhop didn't see> anything wrong with what was being said about Miss Hill, i thought it was> the most offensive moment in my life~ They also would say sexist things to> both of us, she would laugh along, i eventually quit the job because i was> the odd bird out~> > > So you see, Jo, it's not about how YOU felt what he said to me came across,> even thou i respect your thoughts on this, its about how it felt to me,> which i only wanted to point out why it felt that way, for i also i thought> Peter was now dodging me on this issue since he never left an explanation as> to why he thought i was wicked~ > > > > > anyway, i got to go walk my furry child, she is a growling right now at me:)> > > ciao!> Danita> > > > ----> > jo> 03/11/07 17:03:47> > Re: Being Awake> > I certainly did not feel there was anything sexist in what Peter said. I> have no particular recollection of him ever being sexist, and I think I> would be aware of it if he was. > > Jo> - > Peter > > Sunday, March 11, 2007 8:52 PM> Re: Being Awake> > > Hi Danita> > Whoa there. I think you're reading way too much into what most of us read as> a throw away comment.> > I'm hoping there is something of jest in your below comments, because if> there's not then I do feel I need to point out just how sexist you are being> with those comments. I think maybe you should try viewing the comments> people make as though they have come from people, rather than which> genitalia the person making the comment happens to have. I wonder if you> would have taken such offence if Jo had made the same comment to you (which> knowing Jo, I can well see her doing!)?> > Very briefly putting on my moderators hat, I do feel a need to say that if> you feel someone has said something offensive, the approriate thing to do is> to contact the moderators (myself, Fraggle & Jo), and highlight the issue.> It really isn't appropriate to send a post to the list accusing people of> sexism, as this in itself is offensive behaviour.> > BB> Peter> - > HAH > > Sunday, March 11, 2007 6:23 PM> Re: Being Awake> > > Ok Peter,> > I've been waiting a day for you to respond back on your assumption about> you sensing a wicked side to me, and i have to say now that i'm offended by> your comment being that it has, what i view as, a religious sexist overtone> to it~ I say religious as well because many males tend to refer to females> as "evilwickedwhores" etc.. when we fight back against male aggression> for that attitude comes from religious conditioning, just as the need to> have dominion over other species and races~ You made that comment based on> the fact of my gender just as someone would do based on the fact of their> race or even age~ I was also offended by many sexist comments coming from> that mailman when he realized there was no chance in his lifetime that i> would be cooking up a pot of dead animal for him anyday soon, so he said > maybe i could come over and just "hangout" then??" Meaning he now thought i> could be a piece of meat since i wont be cooking it up for him~ > > As a Vegan, i've awaken to not only the conditioning of how we humans> horribly treat animals, but also how many males have been conditioned to> treat females, just as a piece of meat, (case in point, many strip bars that> now serve meat with the meat) and if they can't get that then they make> sexist comments towards us~ I am no more wicked than you are a "dog" or > wimp" when you find the need one day to vent about issues that you must deal> with as a male that's also a Vegan, ok? Just give me the same respect, that> s all i ask~ > > > > thank you,> Danita > > ----> > HAH> 03/10/07 20:10:13> > Re: Being Awake> > How so?> > ----> > peter VV> 03/10/07 16:13:57> > Re: Being Awake> > I am begining to sense a wicked side to you!> > The Valley Vegan...............> > HAH <GaiaHemp wrote:> You know, as Vegans, we are so awakened to what's really going on, so alive> i cant see how anyone could stop being a Vegan, give it up and go back to> eating and wearing once living peaceful beings again?? I mean, i am so now> weirded out by the fact that my new coat, i wanted to wear next fall, might> be a dog or raccoon? yeeesh! > > Just yesterday, as i was doing my gardening before i sow new seeds this> season, my hands covered in rich black soil, for i don't care to wear gloves> because i love the feeling of the soil on my hands and the smell too, my> mail man drove by after delivering the mail and asked me out for a date~ I> could tell he was a big time animal eater, and the way i got rid of him was> to immediately tell him that i was a Vegan:) He had already wrote his phone> number on a piece of paper and i could see him slowly crumbling up the paper> in his hand as he stood there in shock, pot belly and all! hehehe! Yeah, i> love Veganism and what it shields away from me, as well, the bad and ugly> but never the good, for it keeps the good a comin as long as we remain awake> and on top of being true to what it stands for~> > just venting before i go off to work, ok? > > > > love*light,> GaiaHemp > > > > > > > > > Peter H > > > > What kind of emailer are you? Find out today - get a free analysis of your> email personality. Take the quiz at the Mail Championship.>

Guest guest

Danita

You seem to be very het up, and determined to have an argument. We do not like arguments here, and I personally do not like the language you use here - so unless your aim is to be offensive (and I cannot see that it would be polite to want to be offensive) then please refrain from it.

Jo

-

HAH

Monday, March 12, 2007 8:59 AM

Re: Re: Being Awake

So now females that identify with the name Gaia, which means Earth, dislike men and can not interact with them?? huh?? Danita

thank you!

Danita

----

heartwerk

Guest guest

Quiet now Jo, and get back in the kitchen....................man talking sorry, sometimes my wicked streak is a mile long. The Valley Vegan.................... jo <jo.heartwork wrote: I certainly did not feel there was anything sexist in what Peter said. I have no particular recollection of him ever being sexist, and I think I would be aware of it if he

was. Jo - Peter Sunday, March 11, 2007 8:52 PM Re: Being Awake Hi Danita Whoa there. I think you're reading way too much into what most of us read as a throw away comment. I'm hoping there is

something of jest in your below comments, because if there's not then I do feel I need to point out just how sexist you are being with those comments. I think maybe you should try viewing the comments people make as though they have come from people, rather than which genitalia the person making the comment happens to have. I wonder if you would have taken such offence if Jo had made the same comment to you (which knowing Jo, I can well see her doing!)? Very briefly putting on my moderators hat, I do feel a need to say that if you feel someone has said something offensive, the approriate thing to do is to contact the moderators (myself, Fraggle & Jo), and highlight the issue. It really isn't appropriate to send a post to the list accusing people of sexism, as this in itself is offensive behaviour. BB Peter - HAH Sunday, March 11, 2007 6:23 PM Re: Being Awake Ok Peter, I've been waiting a day for you to respond back on your assumption about you sensing a wicked side to me, and i have to say now that i'm offended by your comment being that it has, what i view as, a religious sexist overtone to it~ I say religious as well because many males tend to refer to females as "evilwickedwhores" etc.. when we fight back against male aggression, for that attitude comes from religious conditioning, just as the need to have dominion over other species and races~ You made that comment based on the fact of my gender just as someone would do based on the fact of their race or even age~ I was also offended by many sexist comments coming from that mailman when he realized there was no chance in his lifetime that i would be cooking up a pot of dead animal for him anyday soon, so he said "maybe i could come over and

just "hangout" then??" Meaning he now thought i could be a piece of meat since i wont be cooking it up for him~ As a Vegan, i've awaken to not only the conditioning of how we humans horribly treat animals, but also how many males have been conditioned to treat females, just as a piece of meat, (case in point, many strip bars that now serve meat with the meat) and if they can't get that then they make sexist comments towards us~ I am no more wicked than you are a "dog" or "wimp" when you find the need one day to vent about issues that you must deal with as a male that's also a Vegan, ok? Just give me the same respect, that's all i ask~ thank you, Danita ---- HAH 03/10/07 20:10:13 Re: Being Awake How so? ---- peter VV 03/10/07 16:13:57 Re: Being Awake I am begining to sense a wicked side to you! The Valley Vegan...............HAH <GaiaHemp (AT) earthlink (DOT) net> wrote: You know,

as Vegans, we are so awakened to what's really going on, so alive, i cant see how anyone could stop being a Vegan, give it up and go back to eating and wearing once living peaceful beings again?? I mean, i am so now weirded out by the fact that my new coat, i wanted to wear next fall, might be a dog or raccoon? yeeesh! Just yesterday, as i was doing my gardening before i sow new seeds this season, my hands covered in rich black soil, for i don't care to wear gloves because i love the feeling of the soil on my hands and the smell too, my mail man drove by after delivering the mail and asked me out for a date~ I could tell he was a big time animal eater, and the way i got rid of him was to immediately tell him that i was a Vegan:) He had already wrote his phone number on a piece of paper and i could see him slowly crumbling up the paper in his hand as he stood there

in shock, pot belly and all! hehehe! Yeah, i love Veganism and what it shields away from me, as well, the bad and ugly but never the good, for it keeps the good a comin as long as we remain awake and on top of being true to what it stands for~ just venting before i go off to work, ok? love*light, GaiaHemp Peter H What kind of emailer are you? Find out today - get a free analysis of your email personality. Take the quiz at the Mail Championship. Peter H