IndiaDivine.org

Couple says Vegan lifestyle is responsible for children's condition

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

By Frank Camacho / KTVK-TV A Phoenix aria couple is on trial, they say, for their vegan beliefs. But prosecutors say their actions go far beyond philosophy to child abuse after their three children were reportedly found severely malnourished. Blair and Kimu Parker are strict vegans and say they do not feed their children meat or animal byproducts. But their practices came under question after their children were found severely underweight and the couple was arrested last May. At that time, their 11-year-old daughter, Mikaela, weighed 36 pounds, their 9-year-old son weighed 29 pounds and their 3-year-old daughter, Zion, weighed only 12 pounds when she was admitted to Phoenix Children's Hospital. The doctor who examined the

children said that she could see every bone in the body of the youngest child. Zion's condition was so severe, the doctor wondered if the child had cancer. Blair Parker said that the girl's diet consisted of 30 pounds of ground carrots a week and some dietary supplements. Dr. Elizabeth Zoran testified that Parker said Zion had lost half of her body weight one month prior to the arrest. One social worker, however, testified that the children ate only once a day and had very small meals at that. Also, upon their hospitalization, all three children reportedly grew and gained weight and energy, the social worker said. The children's mother Kimu is on trial for three counts. The trial for her husband will begin after Kimu Parker's trial ends. Peter H

What kind of emailer are you? Find out today - get a free analysis of your email personality. Take the quiz at the Mail Championship.

Guest guest

how is feeding someone just carrots vegan?

i would if you fed someone just mcdonalds french fries the media would report it as "ominverous parents put children at risk.."?

peter VV Mar 15, 2007 11:10 AM Re: Couple says Vegan lifestyle is responsible for children's condition

By Frank Camacho / KTVK-TV

A Phoenix aria couple is on trial, they say, for their vegan beliefs.

But prosecutors say their actions go far beyond philosophy to child abuse after their three children were reportedly found severely malnourished.

Blair and Kimu Parker are strict vegans and say they do not feed their children meat or animal byproducts.

But their practices came under question after their children were found severely underweight and the couple was arrested last May.

At that time, their 11-year-old daughter, Mikaela, weighed 36 pounds, their 9-year-old son weighed 29 pounds and their 3-year-old daughter, Zion, weighed only 12 pounds when she was admitted to Phoenix Children's Hospital.

The doctor who examined the children said that she could see every bone in the body of the youngest child. Zion's condition was so severe, the doctor wondered if the child had cancer.

Blair Parker said that the girl's diet consisted of 30 pounds of ground carrots a week and some dietary supplements.

Dr. Elizabeth Zoran testified that Parker said Zion had lost half of her body weight one month prior to the arrest.

One social worker, however, testified that the children ate only once a day and had very small meals at that. Also, upon their hospitalization, all three children reportedly grew and gained weight and energy, the social worker said.

The children's mother Kimu is on trial for three counts. The trial for her husband will begin after Kimu Parker's trial ends.

Peter H

What kind of emailer are you? Find out today - get a free analysis of your email personality. Take the quiz at the Mail Championship.

I see in the near future a crisis approaching that unnerves me and causes me to tremble for the safety of my country. As a result of war, corporations have been enthroned, and an era of corruption in high places will follow, and the money power of the country will endeavor to prolong its reign by working upon the prejudices of the people until all the wealth is aggregated in a few hands and the republic is destroyed. I feel, at this moment, more anxiety for the safety of my country than ever before, even in the midst of war. God grant that my suspicions may prove groundless." Lincoln in a letter to Col. William F. Elkins on November 21, 1864

Guest guest

Its the usual load of bollocks from the press, the parents were vegan, and decided to abuse their children, so it must be veganism thats to blame.........prats. Bow down to my belly button fluff. The Valley Vegan.................fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote: how is feeding someone just carrots vegan? i would if you fed someone just mcdonalds french fries the media would report it as "ominverous parents put

children at risk.."? peter VV Mar 15, 2007 11:10 AM Re: Couple says Vegan lifestyle is responsible for children's condition By Frank Camacho / KTVK-TV A Phoenix aria couple is on trial, they say, for their vegan beliefs. But prosecutors say their actions go far beyond philosophy to child abuse after their three children were reportedly found severely malnourished. Blair and Kimu Parker are strict vegans and say they do not feed their children meat or animal byproducts. But their practices came under question after their children were

found severely underweight and the couple was arrested last May. At that time, their 11-year-old daughter, Mikaela, weighed 36 pounds, their 9-year-old son weighed 29 pounds and their 3-year-old daughter, Zion, weighed only 12 pounds when she was admitted to Phoenix Children's Hospital. The doctor who examined the children said that she could see every bone in the body of the youngest child. Zion's condition was so severe, the doctor wondered if the child had cancer. Blair Parker said that the girl's diet consisted of 30 pounds of ground carrots a week and some dietary supplements. Dr. Elizabeth Zoran testified that Parker said Zion had lost half of her body weight one month prior to the arrest. One social worker, however, testified that the children ate only once a day and had very small meals at that. Also, upon their hospitalization, all

three children reportedly grew and gained weight and energy, the social worker said. The children's mother Kimu is on trial for three counts. The trial for her husband will begin after Kimu Parker's trial ends. Peter H What kind of emailer are you? Find out today - get a free analysis of your email personality. Take the quiz at the Mail Championship. I see in the near future a crisis approaching that unnerves me and causes me to tremble for the safety of my country. As a

result of war, corporations have been enthroned, and an era of corruption in high places will follow, and the money power of the country will endeavor to prolong its reign by working upon the prejudices of the people until all the wealth is aggregated in a few hands and the republic is destroyed. I feel, at this moment, more anxiety for the safety of my country than ever before, even in the midst of war. God grant that my suspicions may prove groundless." Lincoln in a letter to Col. William F. Elkins on November 21, 1864 Peter H

Now you can scan emails quickly with a reading pane. Get the new Mail.