IndiaDivine.org

~:~Hello from the California Sierras~:~

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

We (me, 2 cats, 12 hens) live southwest of Lake Tahoe in California and to be honest have been pretty much vegetarian for years, not vegan yet. We do have a dozen hens that keep the place tick and bug free and they do lay eggs, which we do eat or give away. Do on occasion eat fish. Meat has never been something we liked, because of how its raised and its to heavy on my stomach to be honest. But I am interested in becoming more vegan. Which is why I looked for a civil group where I could learn more. Also note that Heather Mills was on Larry King the other evening speaking of vegan, and it made me even more interested.

Am interested in what most vegans eat for meals. Breakfast for me is simple. Usually whole wheat toast and some fruit. Am a huge salad person and cannot think of a vegetable or fruit I don't like. Love tofu and make it in everything from fried to pudding. Also grow a vegetable garden March - November and buy organic at farmers markets. Also live a simple lifestyle that is energy efficient as much as possible. This includes a small cottage, not the huge home often found in California. Drive my Toyota Matrix once or twice a week to take an elderly friend to appointments etc. My husband was really into living low on the food chain.

~BethAOL now offers free email to everyone. Find out more about what's free from AOL at AOL.com.

Guest guest

hi beth welcom to the group nice to hear from you . vegans all the way MotherLodeBeth wrote: We (me, 2 cats, 12 hens) live southwest of Lake Tahoe in California and to be honest have been pretty much vegetarian for years, not vegan yet. We do have a dozen hens that keep the place tick and bug free and they do lay eggs, which we do eat or give away. Do on occasion eat fish. Meat

has never been something we liked, because of how its raised and its to heavy on my stomach to be honest. But I am interested in becoming more vegan. Which is why I looked for a civil group where I could learn more. Also note that Heather Mills was on Larry King the other evening speaking of vegan, and it made me even more interested. Am interested in what most vegans eat for meals. Breakfast for me is simple. Usually whole wheat toast and some fruit. Am a huge salad person and cannot think of a vegetable or fruit I don't like. Love tofu and make it in everything from fried to pudding. Also grow a vegetable garden March - November and buy organic at farmers markets. Also live a simple lifestyle that is energy efficient as much as possible. This includes a small cottage, not the huge home often found in California. Drive my Toyota Matrix once or twice a week to take an elderly friend to

appointments etc. My husband was really into living low on the food chain. ~Beth AOL now offers free email to everyone. Find out more about what's free from AOL at AOL.com.

The all-new Mail goes wherever you go - free your email address from your Internet provider.

Guest guest

Hi Beth

Welcome - it sounds like you are already achieving well. We usually have porridge for breakfast, or toast. Lunch,m on working days is packed, so probably bread and hummous or a vegan pate with some salad and fruit. At the weekend we make our own soups or have beans on toast etc. Dinners are quite varied, as there are so many different foods to choose from.

Jo

-

MotherLodeBeth

Friday, March 23, 2007 6:45 PM

~:~Hello from the California Sierras~:~

We (me, 2 cats, 12 hens) live southwest of Lake Tahoe in California and to be honest have been pretty much vegetarian for years, not vegan yet. We do have a dozen hens that keep the place tick and bug free and they do lay eggs, which we do eat or give away. Do on occasion eat fish. Meat has never been something we liked, because of how its raised and its to heavy on my stomach to be honest. But I am interested in becoming more vegan. Which is why I looked for a civil group where I could learn more. Also note that Heather Mills was on Larry King the other evening speaking of vegan, and it made me even more interested.

Am interested in what most vegans eat for meals. Breakfast for me is simple. Usually whole wheat toast and some fruit. Am a huge salad person and cannot think of a vegetable or fruit I don't like. Love tofu and make it in everything from fried to pudding. Also grow a vegetable garden March - November and buy organic at farmers markets. Also live a simple lifestyle that is energy efficient as much as possible. This includes a small cottage, not the huge home often found in California. Drive my Toyota Matrix once or twice a week to take an elderly friend to appointments etc. My husband was really into living low on the food chain.

~Beth

AOL now offers free email to everyone. Find out more about what's free from AOL at AOL.com.

Guest guest

hi beth,

Welcome! We have someone else here from CAL.

fraggle! but is having a good ol time in europe right now.

I also started out wanting to learn more about the vegan

lifestyle and then making changes gradually.

like you, I am trying really hard to grow my own food.

Last year was a disaster, because I was just not well informed

on gardening techniques, but this years looks more promising.

for breakfast, we eat all kinds of fruits (a huge bowl of oranges)

or whatever fruit is in season,

then (I stay home with my four year old during the day)

if he is still hungry he gets to pick out a grain (oalmeal, corn

flakes etc.)

too make a long story short, we eat everything else that normal

people eat. with an enmphasis on nutrition and no animal products.

feel free to ask any questions.

The latest picture of my " Salad "

http://www.fotolog.com/zurumato

-anouk

, MotherLodeBeth wrote:

>

> We (me, 2 cats, 12 hens) live southwest of Lake Tahoe in California

and to

> be honest have been pretty much vegetarian for years, not vegan yet.

We do

> have a dozen hens that keep the place tick and bug free and they do

lay eggs,

> which we do eat or give away. Do on occasion eat fish. Meat has

never been

> something we liked, because of how its raised and its to heavy on my

stomach

> to be honest. But I am interested in becoming more vegan. Which

is why I

> looked for a civil group where I could learn more. Also note that

Heather

> Mills was on Larry King the other evening speaking of vegan, and it