Dog saves owner with Heimlich

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

1 hour, 29 minutes ago

CALVERT, Md. - Toby, a 2-year-old golden retriever, saw his owner

choking on a piece of fruit and began jumping up and down on the

woman's chest. The dog's owner believes the dog was trying to perform

the Heimlich maneuver and saved her life.

(Advertisement)

Debbie Parkhurst, 45, of Calvert told the Cecil Whig she was eating

an apple at her home Friday when a piece lodged in her throat. She

attempted to perform the Heimlich maneuver on herself but it didn't

work. After she began beating on her chest, she said Toby noticed and

got involved.

" The next think I know, Toby's up on his hind feet and he's got his

front paws on my shoulders, " she recalled. " He pushed me to the

ground, and once I was on my back, he began jumping up and down on my

chest. "

That's when the apple dislodged and Toby started licking her face to

keep her from passing out, she said.

" I literally have pawprint-shaped bruises on my chest. I'm still a

little hoarse, but otherwise, I'm OK, " Parkhurst said.

" The doctor said I probably wouldnt be here without Toby, " said

Parkhurst, a jewelry artist. " I keep looking at him and saying 'Youre

amazing.' "

Guest guest

Where did three of these come from??

Jo

, " heartwerk " <jo.heartwork

wrote:

>

> 1 hour, 29 minutes ago

>

>

>

> CALVERT, Md. - Toby, a 2-year-old golden retriever, saw his owner

> choking on a piece of fruit and began jumping up and down on the

> woman's chest. The dog's owner believes the dog was trying to

perform

> the Heimlich maneuver and saved her life.

>

> (Advertisement)

> Debbie Parkhurst, 45, of Calvert told the Cecil Whig she was eating

> an apple at her home Friday when a piece lodged in her throat. She

> attempted to perform the Heimlich maneuver on herself but it didn't

> work. After she began beating on her chest, she said Toby noticed

and

> got involved.

>

> " The next think I know, Toby's up on his hind feet and he's got his

> front paws on my shoulders, " she recalled. " He pushed me to the

> ground, and once I was on my back, he began jumping up and down on

my

> chest. "

>

> That's when the apple dislodged and Toby started licking her face

to

> keep her from passing out, she said.

>

> " I literally have pawprint-shaped bruises on my chest. I'm still a

> little hoarse, but otherwise, I'm OK, " Parkhurst said.

>

> " The doctor said I probably wouldnt be here without Toby, " said

> Parkhurst, a jewelry artist. " I keep looking at him and

saying 'Youre

> amazing.' "

>

Guest guest

HI Peter

That's strange - so did I! When I looked on website this morning there were three there. Oh well.

BBJo

-

Peter Kebbell

Wednesday, March 28, 2007 11:49 AM

Re: Re: Dog saves owner with Heimlich

Hi Jo

I dunno - I only got the one!

BB

Peter

On 28/03/07, heartwerk <jo.heartwork wrote: Where did three of these come from??Jo , "heartwerk" <jo.heartworkwrote:>> 1 hour, 29 minutes ago>>>> CALVERT, Md. - Toby, a 2-year-old golden retriever, saw his owner> choking on a piece of fruit and began jumping up and down on the > woman's chest. The dog's owner believes the dog was trying toperform> the Heimlich maneuver and saved her life.>> (Advertisement)> Debbie Parkhurst, 45, of Calvert told the Cecil Whig she was eating > an apple at her home Friday when a piece lodged in her throat. She> attempted to perform the Heimlich maneuver on herself but it didn't> work. After she began beating on her chest, she said Toby noticed and> got involved.>> "The next think I know, Toby's up on his hind feet and he's got his> front paws on my shoulders," she recalled. "He pushed me to the> ground, and once I was on my back, he began jumping up and down on my> chest.">> That's when the apple dislodged and Toby started licking her faceto> keep her from passing out, she said.>> "I literally have pawprint-shaped bruises on my chest. I'm still a > little hoarse, but otherwise, I'm OK," Parkhurst said.>> "The doctor said I probably wouldnt be here without Toby," said> Parkhurst, a jewelry artist. "I keep looking at him and saying 'Youre> amazing.'">To send an email to -

Guest guest

I am getting up to 8 of some replies, isnt generous? The Valley Vegan.............jo <jo.heartwork wrote: HI Peter That's strange - so did I! When I looked on website this morning there were three there. Oh well. BBJo - Peter Kebbell Wednesday, March 28, 2007 11:49 AM Re: Re: Dog saves owner with Heimlich Hi Jo I dunno - I only got the one! BB Peter On 28/03/07, heartwerk <jo.heartwork > wrote: Where did three of these come from??Jo , "heartwerk" <jo.heartworkwrote:>> 1 hour, 29 minutes ago>>>> CALVERT, Md. - Toby, a 2-year-old golden retriever, saw his owner> choking on a piece of fruit and began jumping up and down on the > woman's chest. The dog's owner believes the dog was trying toperform> the Heimlich maneuver and saved her life.>> (Advertisement)> Debbie Parkhurst, 45, of Calvert told the Cecil Whig she was eating > an apple at her home Friday when a piece lodged in her throat. She> attempted to perform the Heimlich maneuver on herself but it didn't> work. After she began beating on her chest, she said Toby noticed and> got involved.>> "The next think

I know, Toby's up on his hind feet and he's got his> front paws on my shoulders," she recalled. "He pushed me to the> ground, and once I was on my back, he began jumping up and down on my> chest.">> That's when the apple dislodged and Toby started licking her faceto> keep her from passing out, she said.>> "I literally have pawprint-shaped bruises on my chest. I'm still a > little hoarse, but otherwise, I'm OK," Parkhurst said.>> "The doctor said I probably wouldnt be here without Toby," said> Parkhurst, a jewelry artist. "I keep looking at him and saying 'Youre> amazing.'">To send an email to -

Guest guest

A little too generous I think.

Jo

-

peter VV

Thursday, March 29, 2007 5:55 PM

I am getting up to 8 of some replies, isnt generous?

The Valley Vegan.............jo <jo.heartwork wrote:

HI Peter

That's strange - so did I! When I looked on website this morning there were three there. Oh well.

BBJo

-

Peter Kebbell

Wednesday, March 28, 2007 11:49 AM

Hi Jo

I dunno - I only got the one!

BB

Peter

On 28/03/07, heartwerk <jo.heartwork > wrote: Where did three of these come from??Jo , "heartwerk" <jo.heartworkwrote:>> 1 hour, 29 minutes ago>>>> CALVERT, Md. - Toby, a 2-year-old golden retriever, saw his owner> choking on a piece of fruit and began jumping up and down on the > woman's chest. The dog's owner believes the dog was trying toperform> the Heimlich maneuver and saved her life.>> (Advertisement)> Debbie Parkhurst, 45, of Calvert told the Cecil Whig she was eating > an apple at her home Friday when a piece lodged in her throat. She> attempted to perform the Heimlich maneuver on herself but it didn't> work. After she began beating on her chest, she said Toby noticed and> got involved.>> "The next think I know, Toby's up on his hind feet and he's got his> front paws on my shoulders," she recalled. "He pushed me to the> ground, and once I was on my back, he began jumping up and down on my> chest.">> That's when the apple dislodged and Toby started licking her faceto> keep her from passing out, she said.>> "I literally have pawprint-shaped bruises on my chest. I'm still a > little hoarse, but otherwise, I'm OK," Parkhurst said.>> "The doctor said I probably wouldnt be here without Toby," said> Parkhurst, a jewelry artist. "I keep looking at him and saying 'Youre> amazing.'">To send an email to -