IndiaDivine.org

Holidays

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Does anyone have any plans for the Easter holidays? Do you get time

off work for Easter in America???

We haven't made any plans yet, and have recently had a mini holiday,

so probably won't go far, especially as the traffic gets pretty bad.

We may go out for one day, and I think the rest we will be either

decorating or putting the new kitchen units in - something we started

in the autumn and had to leave for the winter. I should also do some

gardening as I haven't done any since last autumn!

Jo

Guest guest

Nah, nowt planned. The roads are usually atrocious. I ought to think about changing out our kitchen as it needs stripping and probably re-plastering in parts where the damp has blown the plaster, and new units, but it aint cheap, and it aint easy in a small house with 4 people using it.........so I keep putting it off.......... The Valley Vegan..............heartwerk <jo.heartwork wrote: Does anyone have any plans for the Easter holidays? Do you get time off work for

Easter in America???We haven't made any plans yet, and have recently had a mini holiday, so probably won't go far, especially as the traffic gets pretty bad. We may go out for one day, and I think the rest we will be either decorating or putting the new kitchen units in - something we started in the autumn and had to leave for the winter. I should also do some gardening as I haven't done any since last autumn!JoPeter H

New Mail is the ultimate force in competitive emailing. Find out more at the Mail Championships. Plus: play games and win prizes.

Guest guest

HI Peter

You're right about the roads. I know what you mean about it being awkward to DIY in a small house with a family. You'll get round to it eventually though - like we are.

Jo

-

peter VV

Tuesday, April 03, 2007 6:56 PM

Re: Holidays

Nah, nowt planned. The roads are usually atrocious. I ought to think about changing out our kitchen as it needs stripping and probably re-plastering in parts where the damp has blown the plaster, and new units, but it aint cheap, and it aint easy in a small house with 4 people using it.........so I keep putting it off..........

The Valley Vegan..............heartwerk <jo.heartwork wrote:

Does anyone have any plans for the Easter holidays? Do you get time off work for Easter in America???We haven't made any plans yet, and have recently had a mini holiday, so probably won't go far, especially as the traffic gets pretty bad. We may go out for one day, and I think the rest we will be either decorating or putting the new kitchen units in - something we started in the autumn and had to leave for the winter. I should also do some gardening as I haven't done any since last autumn!Jo

Peter H

New Mail is the ultimate force in competitive emailing. Find out more at the Mail Championships. Plus: play games and win prizes.

Guest guest

Between Palm Sunday a couple days ago and Passover starting the 2nd, and Easter this coming Sunday

I have found myself laughing and mentally becoming agnostic so that I don't have to do dinners LOL. And to be honest the smell of ham on Easter makes me gag. Never liked the stuff. The upside is if I were to do Easter dinner this year, everyone would want at least six vegetable and fruit dishes since meat is more of a condiment not a main course with our family and friends. ~BethSee what's free at AOL.com.

Guest guest

We've never gone overboard on Easter food. We usually make a cake,

and that's about it really - nothing else different to normal.

Jo

, MotherLodeBeth wrote:

>

> Between Palm Sunday a couple days ago and Passover starting the

2nd, and

> Easter this coming Sunday

> I have found myself laughing and mentally becoming agnostic so that

I don't

> have to do dinners LOL. And to be honest the smell of ham on

Easter makes me

> gag. Never liked the stuff. The upside is if I were to do Easter

dinner

> this year, everyone would want at least six vegetable and fruit

dishes since

> meat is more of a condiment not a main course with our family and

friends.

> ~Beth

>

>

>

> ************************************** See what's free at

http://www.aol.com.

>

Guest guest

I dont bother recognising it at all, just another day to me...... The Valley Vegan.............heartwerk <jo.heartwork wrote: We've never gone overboard on Easter food. We usually make a cake, and that's about it really - nothing else different to normal. Jo , MotherLodeBeth wrote:>> Between Palm Sunday a couple days ago and Passover starting the

2nd, and > Easter this coming Sunday> I have found myself laughing and mentally becoming agnostic so that I don't > have to do dinners LOL. And to be honest the smell of ham on Easter makes me > gag. Never liked the stuff. The upside is if I were to do Easter dinner > this year, everyone would want at least six vegetable and fruit dishes since > meat is more of a condiment not a main course with our family and friends. > ~Beth> > > > ************************************** See what's free at http://www.aol.com.>Peter H

Guest guest

Just another day - off work. Don't you like having holidays,

whatever the reason given for them? I enjoy every minute of my time

off work.

Jo

, peter VV <swpgh01 wrote:

>

> I dont bother recognising it at all, just another day to me......

>

> The Valley Vegan.............

>

> heartwerk <jo.heartwork wrote:

> We've never gone overboard on Easter food. We usually

make a cake,

> and that's about it really - nothing else different to normal.

>

> Jo

>

> , MotherLodeBeth@ wrote:

> >

> > Between Palm Sunday a couple days ago and Passover starting the

> 2nd, and

> > Easter this coming Sunday

> > I have found myself laughing and mentally becoming agnostic so

that

> I don't

> > have to do dinners LOL. And to be honest the smell of ham on

> Easter makes me

> > gag. Never liked the stuff. The upside is if I were to do Easter

> dinner

> > this year, everyone would want at least six vegetable and fruit

> dishes since

> > meat is more of a condiment not a main course with our family and

> friends.

> > ~Beth

> >

> >

> >

> > ************************************** See what's free at

> http://www.aol.com.

> >

Peter H

>

>

>

>

> New Mail is the ultimate force in competitive emailing.

Find out more at the Mail Championships. Plus: play games and

win prizes.

>

Guest guest

I love every minute that I am not in work also, even if I am doing nothing. My life is changing now as my teenager daughter is at the age where she is out with her friends all the time, and so I have to adjust to her not being with me all the time. My younger daughter is still with me a lot of the time, so I am still trying to keep her occupied.It is wierd taking time off work to look after my kids during school holidays and one of them not wanting to spend time with me! after 12 years of being with them and taking them places etc........... The Valley Vegan................heartwerk <jo.heartwork wrote: Just another day - off work. Don't you like having holidays, whatever the reason given for them? I enjoy every minute of my time off work.Jo , peter VV <swpgh01 wrote:>> I dont bother recognising it at all, just another day to me......> > The Valley Vegan.............> > heartwerk <jo.heartwork wrote:> We've never gone overboard on Easter food. We usually make a cake, > and that's about it really - nothing else different to normal. > > Jo> > , MotherLodeBeth@ wrote:> >> > Between Palm Sunday a

couple days ago and Passover starting the > 2nd, and > > Easter this coming Sunday> > I have found myself laughing and mentally becoming agnostic so that > I don't > > have to do dinners LOL. And to be honest the smell of ham on > Easter makes me > > gag. Never liked the stuff. The upside is if I were to do Easter > dinner > > this year, everyone would want at least six vegetable and fruit > dishes since > > meat is more of a condiment not a main course with our family and > friends. > > ~Beth> > > > > > > > ************************************** See what's free at > http://www.aol.com.> >> > > > > > > Peter H > > > > >

New Mail is the ultimate force in competitive emailing. Find out more at the Mail Championships. Plus: play games and win prizes.>Peter H

What kind of emailer are you? Find out today - get a free analysis of your email personality. Take the quiz at the Mail Championship.

Guest guest

I know how you feel. You make yourself available and they are off elsewhere. It's all normal though, and you wouldn't want them to not have their own lives. In time you will adjust, but it takes a while.

Jo

-

peter VV

Thursday, April 05, 2007 6:19 PM

Re: Re: Holidays

I love every minute that I am not in work also, even if I am doing nothing.

My life is changing now as my teenager daughter is at the age where she is out with her friends all the time, and so I have to adjust to her not being with me all the time. My younger daughter is still with me a lot of the time, so I am still trying to keep her occupied.It is wierd taking time off work to look after my kids during school holidays and one of them not wanting to spend time with me! after 12 years of being with them and taking them places etc...........

The Valley Vegan................heartwerk <jo.heartwork wrote:

Just another day - off work. Don't you like having holidays, whatever the reason given for them? I enjoy every minute of my time off work.Jo , peter VV <swpgh01 wrote:>> I dont bother recognising it at all, just another day to me......> > The Valley Vegan.............> > heartwerk <jo.heartwork wrote:> We've never gone overboard on Easter food. We usually make a cake, > and that's about it really - nothing else different to normal. > > Jo> > , MotherLodeBeth@ wrote:> >> > Between Palm Sunday a couple days ago and Passover starting the > 2nd, and > > Easter this coming Sunday> > I have found myself laughing and mentally becoming agnostic so that > I don't > > have to do dinners LOL. And to be honest the smell of ham on > Easter makes me > > gag. Never liked the stuff. The upside is if I were to do Easter > dinner > > this year, everyone would want at least six vegetable and fruit > dishes since > > meat is more of a condiment not a main course with our family and > friends. > > ~Beth> > > > > > > > ************************************** See what's free at > http://www.aol.com.> >> > > > > > > Peter H > > > > > New Mail is the ultimate force in competitive emailing. Find out more at the Mail Championships. Plus: play games and win prizes.>

Peter H

What kind of emailer are you? Find out today - get a free analysis of your email personality. Take the quiz at the Mail Championship.