IndiaDivine.org

drinks .

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

It is vegan. I have never heard of any processes whereby it would not be.

Jo

-

" lsstott " <lsstott

Friday, April 06, 2007 1:22 AM

drinks .

> hi all

>

> i would like anyones feed back on this please ..

>

> is tea vegan ? as i drink lots of the stuff as iv been told its ok .

>

>

>

> To send an email to -

>

Guest guest

Hi Louis

I've never heard any suggestion that tea isn't vegan! In the UK, a lot of

people put milk in it... which would obviously make it un-vegan, but if you

drink it black, or with a soy / rice / oat-milk then it should be fine. I

gather in the US some people put honey in tea - but if you like it sweet,

then sugar can work just as well.

BB

Peter

-

" lsstott " <lsstott

Friday, April 06, 2007 1:22 AM

drinks .

> hi all

>

> i would like anyones feed back on this please ..

>

> is tea vegan ? as i drink lots of the stuff as iv been told its ok .

>

>

>

> To send an email to -

>

Guest guest

[[in the UK, a lot ofpeople put milk in it... which would obviously make it un-vegan, but if youdrink it black, or with a soy / rice / oat-milk then it should be fine.]]

Tea (or coffee) with vanilla flavored soy milk is delicious! The first time I tried them I couldn't believe the difference.

Guest guest

thank you for your feed back very helpful. Peter <metalscarab wrote: Hi LouisI've never heard any suggestion that tea isn't vegan! In the UK, a lot ofpeople put milk in it... which would obviously make it un-vegan, but if youdrink it black, or with a soy / rice / oat-milk then it should be fine. Igather in the US some people put honey in tea - but if you like it sweet,then sugar can work just as well.BBPeter-----

Original Message -----"lsstott" <lsstott (AT) (DOT) co.uk>Friday, April 06, 2007 1:22 AM drinks .> hi all>> i would like any ones feed back on this please ..>> is tea vegan ? as i drink lots of the stuff as iv been told its ok .>>>> To send an email to - >

Guest guest

Traditionally in the orient, tea is drank with just water, and is there fore vegan. There are many varieties , and all contain antioxidents which are good for you. Some have more than others, white tea has more than green tea, has more than black tea ( I think?) In the west we tend to add things like moo juice, or lemon or sweetner of some sort. I like green tea and buy organic green tea & mint tea bags, which are nice. The Valley Vegan.............lsstott <lsstott wrote: hi all i would like anyones feed back on this please .. is tea vegan ? as i drink lots of the stuff as iv been told its ok .Peter H

Messenger - with free PC-PC calling and photo sharing.

Guest guest

im not shor if tea is vegan . iv been told it is . thats why im asking you lot for feed back on this . sorry if iv not put my reply in a nice way but you now i find it hard jo <jo.heartwork wrote: It is vegan. I have never heard of any processes whereby it would not be.Jo- "lsstott" <lsstott (AT) (DOT) co.uk>Friday, April 06, 2007 1:22 AM drinks .> hi all > > i would like anyones feed back on this please .. > > is tea vegan ? as i drink lots of the stuff as iv been told its ok .> > > > To send an email to - >

Guest guest

I'm gla dyou enjoy it - but I cannot stand it with vanilla flavour.

Jo

-

Oom Yaaqub

Friday, April 06, 2007 11:17 AM

Re: drinks .

[[in the UK, a lot ofpeople put milk in it... which would obviously make it un-vegan, but if youdrink it black, or with a soy / rice / oat-milk then it should be fine.]]

Tea (or coffee) with vanilla flavored soy milk is delicious! The first time I tried them I couldn't believe the difference.

Guest guest

Some drinks like wine are processed using animal parts - but I think tea is all natural and not contaminated. I think we can all enjoy it without worrying.

Jo

-

louis stott

Friday, April 06, 2007 6:49 PM

im not shor if tea is vegan . iv been told it is . thats why im asking you lot for feed

back on this .

sorry if iv not put my reply in a nice way but you now i find it hard

jo <jo.heartwork wrote:

It is vegan. I have never heard of any processes whereby it would not be.Jo- "lsstott" <lsstott (AT) (DOT) co.uk>Friday, April 06, 2007 1:22 AM drinks .> hi all > > i would like anyones feed back on this please .. > > is tea vegan ? as i drink lots of the stuff as iv been told its ok .> > > > To send an email to - >

Guest guest

[[some drinks like wine are processed using animal parts - but I think tea is all natural and not contaminated. I think we can all enjoy it without worrying.]]

I'm wondering if maybe some vegans don't criticize tea for another reason, because it is a non-nutritive crop grown where food could be grown instead? Of course it also provides much needed cash, but some people oppose. Remember that many people are vegans for environmental reasons, not just kindness to animals.

Guest guest

Tea is a nutritive plant. It contains lots of antioxidants which keep people healthy.

Jo

-

Oom Yaaqub

Saturday, April 07, 2007 1:11 PM

[[some drinks like wine are processed using animal parts - but I think tea is all natural and not contaminated. I think we can all enjoy it without worrying.]]

I'm wondering if maybe some vegans don't criticize tea for another reason, because it is a non-nutritive crop grown where food could be grown instead? Of course it also provides much needed cash, but some people oppose. Remember that many people are vegans for environmental reasons, not just kindness to animals.

Guest guest

[[Tea is a nutritive plant. It contains lots of antioxidants which keep people healthy]]

True, but it is generally grown as a cash crop, isn't it? In any case it doesn't provide calories and doesn't actually substitute for food. (I still like it, though!)

Guest guest

Coulnt that argument work against coffee also?, and wine, and beer? Tea does have some health benefits with green & white tea being high in antioxidents. The Valley Vegan............Oom Yaaqub <oomyaaqub wrote: [[some drinks like wine are processed using animal parts - but I think tea is all natural and not contaminated. I think we can all

enjoy it without worrying.]] I'm wondering if maybe some vegans don't criticize tea for another reason, because it is a non-nutritive crop grown where food could be grown instead? Of course it also provides much needed cash, but some people oppose. Remember that many people are vegans for environmental reasons, not just kindness to animals. Peter H

All New Mail – Tired of unwanted email come-ons? Let our SpamGuard protect you.

Guest guest

The best way to know that your tea is vegan is to grow it yourself

If you've got a room with sun, a seed can be grown in a pot

and then used the leaves as you need them.

no packaging!

, peter VV <swpgh01 wrote:

>

> Coulnt that argument work against coffee also?, and wine, and beer?

> Tea does have some health benefits with green & white tea being

high in antioxidents.

>

> The Valley Vegan............

>

>

Guest guest

do you grow it then ? and when do you get the seeds from ? flower child <zurumato wrote: The best way to know that your tea is vegan is to grow it yourselfIf you've got a room with sun, a seed can be grown in a potand then used the leaves as you need them. no packaging! , peter VV <swpgh01 wrote:>> Coulnt that argument work against coffee also?, and

wine, and beer?> Tea does have some health benefits with green & white tea beinghigh in antioxidents.> > The Valley Vegan............> >

Inbox full of unwanted email? Get leading protection and 1GB storage with All New Mail.

Guest guest

[[Coulnt that argument work against coffee also?, and wine, and beer?]]

Absolutely, and the same people make the same arguments about those things--not without some justification. The grapes and hops that go into wine and beer aren't grown in the tropics though so they aren't "crowding out" food crops that should go to the hungry in third world countries. But you could still argue that it's wasteful. I don't know where I stand on this issue, partly because I don't know enough about it or how much the workers on the plantations are being exploited. I was just trying to point out that when people criticize coffee and tea, that's probably the reason.

Guest guest

Hell of a long wait for a cuppa though eh? :) The Valley Vegan............flower child <zurumato wrote: The best way to know that your tea is vegan is to grow it yourselfIf you've got a room with sun, a seed can be grown in a potand then used the leaves as you need them. no packaging! , peter VV <swpgh01

wrote:>> Coulnt that argument work against coffee also?, and wine, and beer?> Tea does have some health benefits with green & white tea beinghigh in antioxidents.> > The Valley Vegan............> >Peter H

All New Mail – Tired of unwanted email come-ons? Let our SpamGuard protect you.

Guest guest

hi deter,

as with any plant daily care is needed, maintance, love and dedication.

generous water, and nutritious soil.

This makes it grow faster, along with a good amount

of sun.

Nature is slow, but worth it. Patience and optimism is needed.

Louis, you can buy the seeds at a plant store. a seed catalog, a

nursery or

through the internet.

St. Johns wort plant- the leaves help people have a good mood.

Passion Flower leaves- helps calm anxiety

chamomile - is a relaxant

green tea helps keep cells young

peppermint, etc.

The same way herbs are grown in a sunny kitchen window for

cooking, plants can also be grown for tea.

I have had lots of dissapointments and successes with growing

plants in an apartment.

the trick is to never give up and keep on trying. :)

-anouk

, peter VV <swpgh01 wrote:

>

> Hell of a long wait for a cuppa though eh?

>

> :)

>

> The Valley Vegan............

>

> flower child <zurumato wrote:

Guest guest

Hi Anuk

I think everyone else was thinking of black tea.

Jo

-

" flower child " <zurumato

Sunday, April 08, 2007 11:49 PM

> hi deter,

>

> as with any plant daily care is needed, maintance, love and dedication.

> generous water, and nutritious soil.

> This makes it grow faster, along with a good amount

> of sun.

> Nature is slow, but worth it. Patience and optimism is needed.

>

> Louis, you can buy the seeds at a plant store. a seed catalog, a

> nursery or

> through the internet.

>

> St. Johns wort plant- the leaves help people have a good mood.

> Passion Flower leaves- helps calm anxiety

> chamomile - is a relaxant

> green tea helps keep cells young

> peppermint, etc.

>

> The same way herbs are grown in a sunny kitchen window for

> cooking, plants can also be grown for tea.

> I have had lots of dissapointments and successes with growing

> plants in an apartment.

>

> the trick is to never give up and keep on trying. :)

>

> -anouk

>

>

> , peter VV <swpgh01 wrote:

> >

> > Hell of a long wait for a cuppa though eh?

> >

> > :)

> >

> > The Valley Vegan............

> >

> > flower child <zurumato wrote:

>

>

>

>

> To send an email to -

>

Guest guest

thank you anouk looks like im going shoping on tuesday then . so what do i need i need when its ready for tea ?flower child <zurumato wrote: hi deter,as with any plant daily care is needed, maintance, love and dedication.generous water, and nutritious soil. This makes it grow faster, along with a good amount of sun. Nature is slow, but worth it. Patience and optimism is needed.Louis, you can buy the seeds at a plant store. a seed catalog,

anursery orthrough the internet. St. Johns wort plant- the leaves help people have a good mood.Passion Flower leaves- helps calm anxietychamomile - is a relaxantgreen tea helps keep cells youngpeppermint, etc. The same way herbs are grown in a sunny kitchen window for cooking, plants can also be grown for tea. I have had lots of dissapointments and successes with growing plants in an apartment. the trick is to never give up and keep on trying. :)-anouk , peter VV <swpgh01 wrote:>> Hell of a long wait for a cuppa though eh?> > :)> > The Valley Vegan............> > flower child <zurumato wrote:

To help you stay safe and secure online, we've developed the all new Security Centre.

Guest guest

hi Oom im bit like you on this one sad to say i dont now much bout it . all i do now is i dont drink the stuff im a tea bloke . ?Oom Yaaqub <oomyaaqub wrote: [[Coulnt that argument work against coffee also?, and wine, and beer?]] Absolutely, and the same people make the same arguments about those things--not without some justification. The grapes and hops that go into

wine and beer aren't grown in the tropics though so they aren't "crowding out" food crops that should go to the hungry in third world countries. But you could still argue that it's wasteful. I don't know where I stand on this issue, partly because I don't know enough about it or how much the workers on the plantations are being exploited. I was just trying to point out that when people criticize coffee and tea, that's probably the reason.

Answers - Got a question? Someone out there knows the answer. Try

it now.

Guest guest

[[ hi Oom

im bit like you on this one sad to say i dont now much bout it . all i do now is i dont drink the stuff im a tea bloke . ?]]

Tea and coffee are an addiction I can't quite shake for right now. I love the idea of growing your own tea that someone suggested. I wonder where you get the plants?

Guest guest

Grow your own tea? Is that possible? I would love to do that - I

never thought about it before. Does tea require some special growing

conditions?

Adriana

Vegetarian and Vegan Tees

http://www.cafepress.com/riversofspirit/2592671

On 4/12/07, Oom Yaaqub <oomyaaqub wrote:

> [[

> hi Oom

> im bit like you on this one sad to say i dont now much bout it . all i do now

is i dont drink the stuff im a tea bloke . ?]]