IndiaDivine.org

Vegan Found Guilty of Child Abuse

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Sadly its another one of those cases where the media bandwagon jumps on the word vegan, and where the parents are looking for an excuse for their neglegence and cruelty............. By Michael KieferThe Arizona RepublicSCOTTSDALE, AZ -- A Scottsdale woman who allegedly starved her children into malnutrition while claiming to follow a vegan diet was found guilty of child abuse in Maricopa County Superior Court on Monday.Kimu Parker, 36, could face 30 to 51 years in prison, according to Maricopa County Attorney Andrew Thomas. Parker and her husband, Blair, were arrested in April 2005 after their then 3-year-old daughter was admitted to a hospital for malnutrition, dehydration and other ailments; she weighed 12 pounds. Police then discovered the pair's other two children were also severely malnourished.On

Monday, a jury found Parker guilty of three counts of child abuse.Blair Parker is scheduled to go to trial on April 25. Peter H

Answers - Got a question? Someone out there knows the answer. Try

it now.

Guest guest

As a former CPS employee, I do have to caution that they are way out of control at least in some jurisdictions. Could a vegan be accused of child abuse just because she is feeding them a vegan diet, even though the kids are healthy? It has been known to happen, and it is a nightmare when it does happen. Could a vegan mom lose her kids in a custody fight just for being a vegan? That, too, has happened.

-

peter VV

Thursday, April 12, 2007 3:37 AM

Re: Vegan Found Guilty of Child Abuse

Sadly its another one of those cases where the media bandwagon jumps on the word vegan, and where the parents are looking for an excuse for their neglegence and cruelty.............

By Michael KieferThe Arizona RepublicSCOTTSDALE, AZ -- A Scottsdale woman who allegedly starved her children into malnutrition while claiming to follow a vegan diet was found guilty of child abuse in Maricopa County Superior Court on Monday.Kimu Parker, 36, could face 30 to 51 years in prison, according to Maricopa County Attorney Andrew Thomas. Parker and her husband, Blair, were arrested in April 2005 after their then 3-year-old daughter was admitted to a hospital for malnutrition, dehydration and other ailments; she weighed 12 pounds. Police then discovered the pair's other two children were also severely malnourished.On Monday, a jury found Parker guilty of three counts of child abuse.Blair Parker is scheduled to go to trial on April 25.

Peter H

Answers - Got a question? Someone out there knows the answer. Try it now.

Guest guest

At least they say 'while claiming to follow a vegan diet'.

Jo

-

peter VV

Thursday, April 12, 2007 8:37 AM

Re: Vegan Found Guilty of Child Abuse

Sadly its another one of those cases where the media bandwagon jumps on the word vegan, and where the parents are looking for an excuse for their neglegence and cruelty.............

By Michael KieferThe Arizona RepublicSCOTTSDALE, AZ -- A Scottsdale woman who allegedly starved her children into malnutrition while claiming to follow a vegan diet was found guilty of child abuse in Maricopa County Superior Court on Monday.Kimu Parker, 36, could face 30 to 51 years in prison, according to Maricopa County Attorney Andrew Thomas. Parker and her husband, Blair, were arrested in April 2005 after their then 3-year-old daughter was admitted to a hospital for malnutrition, dehydration and other ailments; she weighed 12 pounds. Police then discovered the pair's other two children were also severely malnourished.On Monday, a jury found Parker guilty of three counts of child abuse.Blair Parker is scheduled to go to trial on April 25.

Peter H

Answers - Got a question? Someone out there knows the answer. Try it now.

Guest guest

why don't they arrest parents

who buy loads of junk food for their kids.

There are lots of kids here in florida

who are severely overweight, they are walking

butterballs, I see parents put nothing but junk

food into their grocery carts.

That is also a form of child abuse,

these obese children are surely on their way

to a lifetime of health problems and heart disease.

Why don't the do more stories using the words vegan parents

in a positive form.

for instance, my children are vegan and a model of health.

I would love to be interviewed for a newspaper about them.

-anouk

, peter VV <swpgh01 wrote:

>

> Sadly its another one of those cases where the media bandwagon jumps

on the word vegan, and where the parents are looking for an excuse for

their neglegence and cruelty.............

> By Michael Kiefer

> The Arizona Republic

>

> SCOTTSDALE, AZ -- A Scottsdale woman who allegedly starved her

children into malnutrition while claiming to follow a vegan diet was

found guilty of child abuse in Maricopa County Superior Court on Monday.

>

> Kimu Parker, 36, could face 30 to 51 years in prison, according to

Maricopa County Attorney Andrew Thomas.

>

Guest guest

Maybe if some of the reporters were vegans we would have fair

interviews and articles. As it is vegans are the 'weirdos'

unfortunately.

Jo

, " flower child " <zurumato

wrote:

>

>

> why don't they arrest parents

> who buy loads of junk food for their kids.

>

> There are lots of kids here in florida

> who are severely overweight, they are walking

> butterballs, I see parents put nothing but junk

> food into their grocery carts.

>

> That is also a form of child abuse,

> these obese children are surely on their way

> to a lifetime of health problems and heart disease.

>

> Why don't the do more stories using the words vegan parents

> in a positive form.

>

> for instance, my children are vegan and a model of health.

> I would love to be interviewed for a newspaper about them.

>

> -anouk

>

>

> , peter VV <swpgh01@> wrote:

> >

> > Sadly its another one of those cases where the media bandwagon

jumps

> on the word vegan, and where the parents are looking for an excuse

for

> their neglegence and cruelty.............

> > By Michael Kiefer

> > The Arizona Republic

> >

> > SCOTTSDALE, AZ -- A Scottsdale woman who allegedly starved her

> children into malnutrition while claiming to follow a vegan diet was

> found guilty of child abuse in Maricopa County Superior Court on

Monday.

> >

> > Kimu Parker, 36, could face 30 to 51 years in prison, according to

> Maricopa County Attorney Andrew Thomas.

> >

>

Guest guest

Hi Anouk, You try asking these parents if they love their kids, and if they do so then why are they shortening their life expectancy, and making their life so unhealthy/unhappy. A lot of parents who grew up poor and want to give their kids everything they couldnt have and so spoil them dont realise the damage they are doing. Plus there are the "busy" parents who feed them the easiest things to hand. lots of factors realy , none of thm good. The Vally Vegan...........flower child <zurumato wrote: why don't they arrest parents who buy loads of junk food for their kids.There are lots of kids here in florida who are severely overweight, they are walking butterballs, I see parents put nothing but junkfood into their grocery carts. That is also a form of child abuse, these obese children are surely on their wayto a lifetime of health problems and heart disease.Why don't the do more stories using the words vegan parents in a positive form. for instance, my children are vegan and a model of health. I would love to be interviewed for a newspaper about them. -anouk , peter VV <swpgh01 wrote:>> Sadly its another one of those cases where the media bandwagon jumpson the word vegan, and where the

parents are looking for an excuse fortheir neglegence and cruelty.............> By Michael Kiefer> The Arizona Republic> > SCOTTSDALE, AZ -- A Scottsdale woman who allegedly starved herchildren into malnutrition while claiming to follow a vegan diet wasfound guilty of child abuse in Maricopa County Superior Court on Monday.> > Kimu Parker, 36, could face 30 to 51 years in prison, according toMaricopa County Attorney Andrew Thomas. > Peter H

Mail is the world's favourite email. Don't settle for less, sign up for your free

account today.

Guest guest

The last thing we need is CPS getting involved in things like diet. It will only be used against people who eat in an unusual way, especially vegans. I used to work for a CPS agency and I know just how out of control they really are. Like it or don't, hot dogs, cola and pop corn are a lot more "normal" (in the sense of typical) than soy burgers and tofu. It's what most judges grew up on and most judges have no desire to consider their own parents abusive. CPS needs to be sharply limited in the kinds of cases they can investigate. Genuine physical and sexual abuse, or people who don't bother to feed their kids, period, are appropriate cases for them. Too much junk food is NOT. You may not believe me, but I know what I'm talking about and I guarantee it will backfire if we give these people even more power than they already have.

-

peter VV

Monday, April 16, 2007 5:42 AM

Re: Re: Vegan Found Guilty of Child Abuse

Hi Anouk,

You try asking these parents if they love their kids, and if they do so then why are they shortening their life expectancy, and making their life so unhealthy/unhappy.

A lot of parents who grew up poor and want to give their kids everything they couldnt have and so spoil them dont realise the damage they are doing.

Plus there are the "busy" parents who feed them the easiest things to hand.

lots of factors realy , none of thm good.

The Vally Vegan...........flower child <zurumato (AT) earthlink (DOT) net> wrote:

why don't they arrest parents who buy loads of junk food for their kids.There are lots of kids here in florida who are severely overweight, they are walking butterballs, I see parents put nothing but junkfood into their grocery carts. That is also a form of child abuse, these obese children are surely on their wayto a lifetime of health problems and heart disease.Why don't the do more stories using the words vegan parents in a positive form. for instance, my children are vegan and a model of health. I would love to be interviewed for a newspaper about them. -anouk , peter VV <swpgh01 wrote:>> Sadly its another one of those cases where the media bandwagon jumpson the word vegan, and where the parents are looking for an excuse fortheir neglegence and cruelty.............> By Michael Kiefer> The Arizona Republic> > SCOTTSDALE, AZ -- A Scottsdale woman who allegedly starved herchildren into malnutrition while claiming to follow a vegan diet wasfound guilty of child abuse in Maricopa County Superior Court on Monday.> > Kimu Parker, 36, could face 30 to 51 years in prison, according toMaricopa County Attorney Andrew Thomas. >

Peter H

Mail is the world's favourite email. Don't settle for less, sign up for your free account today.

Guest guest

I do agree with you on this.

Jo

, " Oom Yaaqub " <oomyaaqub wrote:

>

> The last thing we need is CPS getting involved in things like diet.

It will only be used against people who eat in an unusual way,

especially vegans. I used to work for a CPS agency and I know just

how out of control they really are. Like it or don't, hot dogs, cola

and pop corn are a lot more " normal " (in the sense of typical) than

soy burgers and tofu. It's what most judges grew up on and most

judges have no desire to consider their own parents abusive. CPS

needs to be sharply limited in the kinds of cases they can

investigate. Genuine physical and sexual abuse, or people who don't

bother to feed their kids, period, are appropriate cases for them.

Too much junk food is NOT. You may not believe me, but I know what

I'm talking about and I guarantee it will backfire if we give these

people even more power than they already have.

>

>

>

>

> -

> peter VV<swpgh01

> < >

> Monday, April 16, 2007 5:42 AM

> Re: Re: Vegan Found Guilty of Child Abuse

>

>

>

> Hi Anouk,

> You try asking these parents if they love their kids, and if they

do so then why are they shortening their life expectancy, and making

their life so unhealthy/unhappy.

> A lot of parents who grew up poor and want to give their kids

everything they couldnt have and so spoil them dont realise the

damage they are doing.

> Plus there are the " busy " parents who feed them the easiest

things to hand.

> lots of factors realy , none of thm good.

>

> The Vally Vegan...........

>

> flower child <zurumato wrote:

>

>

>

>

> in a positive form.

>

>

> -anouk

>

> <%

40>, peter VV <swpgh01@> wrote:

> >

> > Sadly its another one of those cases where the media

bandwagon jumps

> on the word vegan, and where the parents are looking for an

excuse for

> > By Michael Kiefer

> > The Arizona Republic

> >

> children into malnutrition while claiming to follow a vegan

diet was

> found guilty of child abuse in Maricopa County Superior Court

on Monday.

> >

> > Kimu Parker, 36, could face 30 to 51 years in prison,

according to

> >

Peter H

>

>

>

> --

----------

> Mail is the world's favourite email. Don't settle for

less, sign up for your free account

today<http://uk.rd./evt=44106/*http://uk.docs./mail/

winter07.html>.

>

Guest guest

I agree about the CPS, although I wasnt talking about them, just misguided or selfish parents. The Valley Vegan............Oom Yaaqub <oomyaaqub wrote: The last thing we need is CPS getting involved in things like diet. It will only be used against people who eat in an unusual way, especially vegans. I used to work for a CPS agency and I know just how out of control they really are. Like it or

don't, hot dogs, cola and pop corn are a lot more "normal" (in the sense of typical) than soy burgers and tofu. It's what most judges grew up on and most judges have no desire to consider their own parents abusive. CPS needs to be sharply limited in the kinds of cases they can investigate. Genuine physical and sexual abuse, or people who don't bother to feed their kids, period, are appropriate cases for them. Too much junk food is NOT. You may not believe me, but I know what I'm talking about and I guarantee it will backfire if we give these people even more power than they already have. - peter VV Monday, April 16, 2007 5:42 AM Re: Re: Vegan Found Guilty of Child Abuse Hi Anouk, You try asking these parents if they love their kids, and if they do so then why are they shortening their life expectancy, and making their life so unhealthy/unhappy. A lot of parents who grew up poor and want to give their kids everything they couldnt have and so spoil them dont realise the damage they are doing. Plus there are the "busy" parents who feed them the easiest things to hand. lots of factors realy , none of thm good. The Vally Vegan...........flower child

<zurumato (AT) earthlink (DOT) net> wrote: why don't they arrest parents who buy loads of junk food for their kids.There are lots of kids here in florida who are severely overweight, they are walking butterballs, I see parents put nothing but junkfood into their grocery carts. That is also a form of child abuse, these obese children are surely on their wayto a lifetime of health problems and heart disease.Why don't the do more stories using the words vegan parents in a positive form. for instance, my children are vegan and a model of health. I would love to be interviewed for a newspaper about them. -anouk , peter VV

<swpgh01 wrote:>> Sadly its another one of those cases where the media bandwagon jumpson the word vegan, and where the parents are looking for an excuse fortheir neglegence and cruelty.............> By Michael Kiefer> The Arizona Republic> > SCOTTSDALE, AZ -- A Scottsdale woman who allegedly starved herchildren into malnutrition while claiming to follow a vegan diet wasfound guilty of child abuse in Maricopa County Superior Court on Monday.> > Kimu Parker, 36, could face 30 to 51 years in prison, according toMaricopa County Attorney Andrew Thomas. > Peter H Mail is the world's

favourite email. Don't settle for less, sign up for your free account today. Peter H

Mail is the world's favourite email. Don't settle for less, sign up for your free

account today.

Guest guest

I agree that people who feed their children on junk food are

ignorant, but think sometimes the justice system gets too involved.

It was like that couple who were accused of killing the little boy by

giving him too much salt. Apparently they were feeding him a normal

diet. He had a condition whereby his body stored salt - how were

they to know.

Jo

, peter VV <swpgh01 wrote:

>

> I agree about the CPS, although I wasnt talking about them, just

misguided or selfish parents.

> The Valley Vegan............

>

> Oom Yaaqub <oomyaaqub wrote:

> The last thing we need is CPS getting involved in

things like diet. It will only be used against people who eat in an

unusual way, especially vegans. I used to work for a CPS agency and I

know just how out of control they really are. Like it or don't, hot

dogs, cola and pop corn are a lot more " normal " (in the sense of

typical) than soy burgers and tofu. It's what most judges grew up on

and most judges have no desire to consider their own parents abusive.

CPS needs to be sharply limited in the kinds of cases they can

investigate. Genuine physical and sexual abuse, or people who don't

bother to feed their kids, period, are appropriate cases for them.

Too much junk food is NOT. You may not believe me, but I know what

I'm talking about and I guarantee it will backfire if we give these

people even more power than they already have.

>

>

>

>

> -

> peter VV

>

> Monday, April 16, 2007 5:42 AM

> Re: Re: Vegan Found Guilty of Child Abuse

>

>

> Hi Anouk,

> You try asking these parents if they love their kids, and if they

do so then why are they shortening their life expectancy, and making

their life so unhealthy/unhappy.

> A lot of parents who grew up poor and want to give their kids

everything they couldnt have and so spoil them dont realise the

damage they are doing.

> Plus there are the " busy " parents who feed them the easiest

things to hand.

> lots of factors realy , none of thm good.

>

> The Vally Vegan...........

>

> flower child <zurumato wrote:

>

>

>

>

> in a positive form.

>

>

> -anouk

>

> , peter VV <swpgh01@> wrote:

> >

> > Sadly its another one of those cases where the media bandwagon

jumps

> on the word vegan, and where the parents are looking for an excuse

for

> > By Michael Kiefer

> > The Arizona Republic

> >

> children into malnutrition while claiming to follow a vegan diet was

> found guilty of child abuse in Maricopa County Superior Court on

Monday.

> >

> > Kimu Parker, 36, could face 30 to 51 years in prison, according to

> >

Peter H

>

>

>

> Mail is the world's favourite email. Don't settle for

less, sign up for your free account today.

>

Peter H

>

>

>

>

> Mail is the world's favourite email. Don't settle for less,

>

Guest guest

[[ I agree about the CPS, although I wasnt talking about them, just misguided or selfish parents.

The Valley Vegan............]]

I'm sorry I misunderstood.