totally unfounded.

We never had an issue finding vegan fare. I will note that veggie restaurants

were a tad pricey..but, luckily, we didn’t eat out at those places all that

often. And, especially in the Uk (well, the places we went), most places had

veggie options.

We stayed in Paddington in London, and their were lotsa veggie options around

us. There was a Lebanese place up the block which had a vegetarian menu, and

even the local Fuller’s tied house had a bunch of veggie stuff on the

blackboard (veggie sausage was listed at the bottom I remember….)

Well..anywho

Spent our first few days in London. Did the tourist route. Saw all the silly

sights…big ben…parliament…etc. didn’t go on the London Eye, because,

damn was there a ton of security…and I didn’t want to pay really just to get

frisked again.

One day we spent 5 hours at the British Museum, and still only saw half of it.

Walked all over.

Boi, are there a ton on McDeathburgers in downtown London. Like 2 a block it

seemed.

Our first day, we found our hotel…squalid place, but basic Europe fare it

seemed. It was ok, just nuthin to write home (or ya’ll) about. We arrived

pretty early in the morning, so our room wasn’t ready..so we just went and sat

in Hyde Park and tried (miserably) to get over the jetlag. Basically we found

some snacks at either a Sainsbury Local or a Tesco’s Express and lethargically

dropped em at the pigeons.

Which brings me to….boi oh boi, are UK supermarkets full of over-packaged

toss. Everything came in some sort of box, carton, bag, shrunk wrapped bin

strangulation bin….we couldn’t even buy a single fruit…plums came in

5’s..it was all rather odd.

That and the affectation toward “Express†places. Tesco’s Express….Pizza

Express…monkey fart blossom express..everything freaking express…

But..anyways

had dinner one Sunday (when most of Britain seems to be closed) at some place

called Neals…square with a number of diff restaurants. Food was..ok..prolly

one of the least exciting meals of the trip. Rebecca had some sort of veggie

burger, and I had..umm..wot did I have…pumpkin couscous…and we also had

bruchetta…but the place was very anti-gluten..so they were on rice

bread..and…naaaaah! not very good…but..eh….it was a meal.

Like I said..wandered around..all over…took the Tube all across

London….found some nice pubs (Samuel Smiths were the best), and even an

over-priced brewpub on the south side of the London Bridge. Also, went to Planet

Organic, and had our first taste of Redwood products. Good sausages. :)

We then spent a week in Bath.

Ah..that was great

Sadly, I was expecting a greater turnout fer BOBfest. Maybe about 200 people

were there. Over 300 when you include bands, but when you figure 50 people came

from Oakland more er less….sorta sad state of affairs fer English punk. But,

had a smashing time. Could have done without the 40 pack a day habit tho. I’m

still hacking up stuff. Every bar/pub/venue was like walking into a smog bank.

Ate once at Demuth’s. good food, but pricey a tad, and the place was tiny! Saw

some great shows, stayed up til the wee hours every day, then up and out by 9am

each morn…picnicked on the river…again walked all over..and..drank

waaaaaaaaaay tooo much Scrumpy.

Oh, which reminds…unlike here…in the UK, it was easy to find vegan stuff, as

, it was all bloody labeled! Even the Scrumpy said “suitable fer vegans and

vegetariansâ€

(Westons organic)

I think I pretty much scrapped the enamel off all my teeth downing it everyday

But..they had tons of it for BOBfest, soooooo….

Also, nice little health food market in Bath..crap…what was it

called…umm….oh yeah..Harvest.

But, we were there during Easter Weekend as well..they were closed Friday..and

Sunday..and Monday….damn co-ops!

:)

Had to make due with Barrant and Holland…er wotever they’re called. Went up

to the Porter Pub, but the prices scared us away! Almost $10 for a veggie

burger..yikes..(sorry..we don’t have the little pound symbol on our

keyboards!) and with the pound being so high compared to the dollar..well…we

just went without.

Rebecca sorta went a bit batty on easter..when of course everything was closed.

Walked around after the show in the dark, trying to placate her “must eat

now†feelings…went up to some place called Walrus and Carpenter..had vegan

options, but HOLY BACCHUS! $15 for a bowl of vegan chili!

Rebecca got pissed and stormed off

Hahahahahahahah

I think we ended at a Sainsbury local and bought some over packaged vegetables

and went back to where we were staying and cooked those up. Hard to recall..that

was a lot of beer ago.

Teehee

All in all tho, Bath was hella fun hung out with the “family†for a week

str8. saw a ton of bands. Rebecca got yelled at by a swan. Took over the top of

one of those double decker tourist buses. Bought an inflatable sheep from the

bathroom of a townie pub. And just had a great damn time

Oh, and one more thing….TV in the UK is just plan wretched

Hahahahahhaahhahaahhahahaha

So ends part one of the tale

Cheers

fraggle

" NOTICE: Due to Presidential Executive Orders, the National Security Agency may

have read this email without warning, warrant, or notice. They may do this

without any judicial or legislative oversight. You have no recourse nor

protection save to call for the impeachment of the current President. "

Guest guest

Sounds good to me, glad you both enjoyed it. You are right about the state of packaging in uk supermarkets, too damn much of it, doubles the volume of your shop...but wait for it..............a little known fact is that once you have paid for it at the check outs you are perfectly entitled to take everything out of its packaging into bags and leave it there for them to sort out. Never doubted you would find vegie options, especially in the big smoke, just wasnt sure on the beer front. Ah Westons. great cider, but why the sulphur dioxide ?????????????? You must be totally skint now........... now you have done the beer research, you can try those breweries again for a job? The Valley Vegan............fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote: Well..here’s the long and tedious story of fraggle and rebecca’s recent hooting adventures in Europa.First off, Peter VV….yer fears and warnings about food being scarce were totally unfounded.We never had an issue finding vegan fare. I will note that veggie restaurants were a tad pricey..but, luckily, we didn’t eat out at those places all that often. And, especially in the Uk (well, the places we went), most places had veggie options. We stayed in Paddington in London, and their were lotsa veggie options around us. There was a Lebanese place up the block which had a vegetarian menu, and even the local Fuller’s tied house had

a bunch of veggie stuff on the blackboard (veggie sausage was listed at the bottom I remember….)Well..anywhoSpent our first few days in London. Did the tourist route. Saw all the silly sights…big ben…parliament…etc. didn’t go on the London Eye, because, damn was there a ton of security…and I didn’t want to pay really just to get frisked again.One day we spent 5 hours at the British Museum, and still only saw half of it.Walked all over.Boi, are there a ton on McDeathburgers in downtown London. Like 2 a block it seemed.Our first day, we found our hotel…squalid place, but basic Europe fare it seemed. It was ok, just nuthin to write home (or ya’ll) about. We arrived pretty early in the morning, so our room wasn’t ready..so we just went and sat in Hyde Park and tried (miserably) to get over the jetlag. Basically we found some snacks at either a Sainsbury Local or a Tesco’s Express and lethargically dropped em at the

pigeons.Which brings me to….boi oh boi, are UK supermarkets full of over-packaged toss. Everything came in some sort of box, carton, bag, shrunk wrapped bin strangulation bin….we couldn’t even buy a single fruit…plums came in 5’s..it was all rather odd.That and the affectation toward “Express†places. Tesco’s Express….Pizza Express…monkey fart blossom express..everything freaking express…But..anywayshad dinner one Sunday (when most of Britain seems to be closed) at some place called Neals…square with a number of diff restaurants. Food was..ok..prolly one of the least exciting meals of the trip. Rebecca had some sort of veggie burger, and I had..umm..wot did I have…pumpkin couscous…and we also had bruchetta…but the place was very anti-gluten..so they were on rice bread..and…naaaaah! not very good…but..eh….it was a meal.Like I said..wandered around..all over…took the Tube all across London….found some nice pubs

(Samuel Smiths were the best), and even an over-priced brewpub on the south side of the London Bridge. Also, went to Planet Organic, and had our first taste of Redwood products. Good sausages. :)We then spent a week in Bath.Ah..that was greatSadly, I was expecting a greater turnout fer BOBfest. Maybe about 200 people were there. Over 300 when you include bands, but when you figure 50 people came from Oakland more er less….sorta sad state of affairs fer English punk. But, had a smashing time. Could have done without the 40 pack a day habit tho. I’m still hacking up stuff. Every bar/pub/venue was like walking into a smog bank.Ate once at Demuth’s. good food, but pricey a tad, and the place was tiny! Saw some great shows, stayed up til the wee hours every day, then up and out by 9am each morn…picnicked on the river…again walked all over..and..drank waaaaaaaaaay tooo much Scrumpy. Oh, which reminds…unlike here…in the UK, it was easy to find

vegan stuff, as , it was all bloody labeled! Even the Scrumpy said “suitable fer vegans and vegetariansâ€(Westons organic)I think I pretty much scrapped the enamel off all my teeth downing it everydayBut..they had tons of it for BOBfest, soooooo….Also, nice little health food market in Bath..crap…what was it called…umm….oh yeah..Harvest.But, we were there during Easter Weekend as well..they were closed Friday..and Sunday..and Monday….damn co-ops!:)Had to make due with Barrant and Holland…er wotever they’re called. Went up to the Porter Pub, but the prices scared us away! Almost $10 for a veggie burger..yikes..(sorry..we don’t have the little pound symbol on our keyboards!) and with the pound being so high compared to the dollar..well…we just went without.Rebecca sorta went a bit batty on easter..when of course everything was closed. Walked around after the show in the dark, trying to placate her “must eat

now†feelings…went up to some place called Walrus and Carpenter..had vegan options, but HOLY BACCHUS! $15 for a bowl of vegan chili!Rebecca got pissed and stormed offHahahahahahahahI think we ended at a Sainsbury local and bought some over packaged vegetables and went back to where we were staying and cooked those up. Hard to recall..that was a lot of beer ago.TeeheeAll in all tho, Bath was hella fun hung out with the “family†for a week str8. saw a ton of bands. Rebecca got yelled at by a swan. Took over the top of one of those double decker tourist buses. Bought an inflatable sheep from the bathroom of a townie pub. And just had a great damn timeOh, and one more thing….TV in the UK is just plan wretchedHahahahahhaahhahaahhahahahaSo ends part one of the taleCheersfraggle"NOTICE: Due to Presidential Executive Orders, the National Security Agency may have read this email without warning, warrant, or notice. They

may do this without any judicial or legislative oversight. You have no recourse nor protection save to call for the impeachment of the current President."Peter H

Answers - Got a question? Someone out there knows the answer. Try

it now.

Guest guest

they add it to stuff because its a preservative and anti-microbial

as fer the packaging...well...the crap is still there, even if you left it at the store

it wasn't we were worried about it clogging up wotever we were carrying...it was that..well..everything was over packaged!

heh

all the veggies and fruit...everything was bagged, boxed, wotever

nasty

oh, and, not a lot of tofu out there is there?

we asked someone at one of the big Sainsbury's for tofu..and he just blinked at us...

only supermarket we found tofu at was Waitrose...next to the ham and the prawn mayonaise

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew

peter VV Apr 20, 2007 5:18 PM Re: vacation all i ever wanted

Sounds good to me, glad you both enjoyed it. You are right about the state of packaging in uk supermarkets, too damn much of it, doubles the volume of your shop...but wait for it..............a little known fact is that once you have paid for it at the check outs you are perfectly entitled to take everything out of its packaging into bags and leave it there for them to sort out.

Never doubted you would find vegie options, especially in the big smoke, just wasnt sure on the beer front.

Ah Westons. great cider, but why the sulphur dioxide ??????????????

You must be totally skint now...........

now you have done the beer research, you can try those breweries again for a job?

The Valley Vegan............fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote:

Don't know, don't care, don't talk, don't stare, don't know, don't care

We live in fear the end is near and we are easy to control

It's an orange alert

Guest guest

The idea of letting them keep their packaging is that if enough people do it, it will be a pain in the arse for them and then they may finally realise how uneccesary it is and stop it! The Valley Vegan..............fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote: they add it to stuff because its a preservative and anti-microbial as fer the packaging...well...the crap is still there, even if you left it at the store it wasn't we were

worried about it clogging up wotever we were carrying...it was that..well..everything was over packaged! heh all the veggies and fruit...everything was bagged, boxed, wotever nasty oh, and, not a lot of tofu out there is there? we asked someone at one of the big Sainsbury's for tofu..and he just blinked at us... only supermarket we found tofu at was Waitrose...next to the ham and the prawn mayonaise eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew peter VV Apr 20, 2007 5:18 PM Re: vacation all i ever wanted Sounds good to me, glad you both enjoyed it. You are right about the state of packaging in uk supermarkets, too damn much of it, doubles the volume of your

shop...but wait for it..............a little known fact is that once you have paid for it at the check outs you are perfectly entitled to take everything out of its packaging into bags and leave it there for them to sort out. Never doubted you would find vegie options, especially in the big smoke, just wasnt sure on the beer front. Ah Westons. great cider, but why the sulphur dioxide ?????????????? You must be totally skint now........... now you have done the beer research, you can try those breweries again for a job? The Valley Vegan............fraggle <EBbrewpunx (AT) earthlink (DOT) com> wrote: Don't know, don't care, don't talk, don't stare, don't know, don't care We live in fear the

end is near and we are easy to control It's an orange alert Peter H

Mail is the world's favourite email. Don't settle for less, sign up for your free

account today.

Guest guest

Hi Fraggle

Glad you had a good time....

>Which brings me to….boi oh boi, are UK supermarkets full of over-packaged toss. Everything came in some sort of box, carton, bag,

> shrunk wrapped bin strangulation bin….we couldn't even buy a single fruit…plums came in 5's..it was all rather odd.

Packaging is really annoying... and did you notice that just about everywhere tries to foist at least one plastic bag on you? One thing I did like like about America was that it was pretty much always paper bags.

>went to Planet Organic, and had our first taste of Redwood products. Good sausages. :)

Which ones did you have? The :Lincolnshires, the Sage and Marjoram or the somethingorother and Onion?

>We then spent a week in Bath.

Got a bit dirty did you? (Sorry, can't resist the occasional pun!)

>Every bar/pub/venue was like walking into a smog bank.

See, you were just a couple of months too early - it gets banned in June / July. Unless you're lucky enough to live in Wales, where it was banned earlier this month...

> Also, nice little health food market in Bath..crap…what was it called…umm….oh yeah..Harvest.

Now the Harvest in Bristol is really good - although a bit small.

>Oh, and one more thing….TV in the UK is just plan wretched

I think it must be something to do with what our cultures like. Admittedly UK TV is pretty bad - pretty much the only stuff I watch now is Dr Who and Sea of Souls. Life on Mars was good too, but has now finished. However, that's three more programmes than I found to watch when in the US!!!

Anyway, pleased you had a good time. Next time you visit you'll have to pop into Bristol...

BB

peter

Guest guest

HI Fraggle

I think to get a reasonably decent hotel in London you have to be paying

something like £70 per night per person. I was surprised that you were

surprised by the number of 'Express'places here - we thought it was an

American idea!!!

London is very quiet on weekend mornings - seems to liven up a little around

lunchtime. Pity you didn't try the orld Cafe in the Neals Yard square - but

maybe it wasn't open on a Sunday.

Glad you liked the Redwoods.

I'm not really into Punk but I didn't think there was any English Punk at

present. The only punk I hear is sort of poppy punk, which I don't think

counts.

We'll be glad when smoking in public is stopped - now you know what a

problem it is for us to go out and enjoy ourselves without risking our

lives!

Shame the Porter was so expensive. We did eat there once, and I think it

was cheaper then - very noisy place. Easter is not the best time to be out

and about here - lots of places do close. Is it not the same in America???

If American telly is so much better, why are the majority of US programmes

we get over here crappy?

Glad you had some fun though - if you come along I really think we should

meet up though :-)

Jo

Guest guest

HI Fraggle

Although Sainsbury label their own products 'Vegan' if they are, they don't tend to have any tofu, soya yogurt, icea cream, cheese etc. Tesco have Cauldron tofu though, and all the health food shops do.

Jo

-

fraggle

Friday, April 20, 2007 10:44 PM

Re: vacation all i ever wanted

as fer the packaging...well...the crap is still there, even if you left it at the store

it wasn't we were worried about it clogging up wotever we were carrying...it was that..well..everything was over packaged!

heh

nasty

we asked someone at one of the big Sainsbury's for tofu..and he just blinked at us...

only supermarket we found tofu at was Waitrose...next to the ham and the prawn mayonaise

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew

Sounds good to me, glad you both enjoyed it. You are right about the state of packaging in uk supermarkets, too damn much of it, doubles the volume of your shop...but wait for it..............a little known fact is that once you have paid for it at the check outs you are perfectly entitled to take everything out of its packaging into bags and leave it there for them to sort out.

Never doubted you would find vegie options, especially in the big smoke, just wasnt sure on the beer front.

now you have done the beer research, you can try those breweries again for a job?

It's an orange alert

Guest guest

There is a healthy uk punk scene at the moment, ( encompasses all sorts of punk/ska etc ) unfortunately a lot of the old bands who should have given up years ago are still trying to cash in on their names, newer bands dont get much of a chance and have a smaller gig circuit, and have to rely on independant labels to get their music out there or the internet. There were a few punk gigs around the uk at the same time he was here. I dont know what the punk scene is like in Bath, I would have thought that 200 people in a uk pub was about the limit? unless they were bigger clubs? The Valley Vegan...............jo <jo.heartwork wrote: HI FraggleI think to get a reasonably decent hotel in London you have to be payingsomething like £70 per night per person. I was surprised that you weresurprised by the number of 'Express'places here - we thought it was anAmerican idea!!!London is very quiet on weekend mornings - seems to liven up a little aroundlunchtime. Pity you didn't try the orld Cafe in the Neals Yard square - butmaybe it wasn't open on a Sunday.Glad you liked the Redwoods.I'm not really into Punk but I didn't think there was any English Punk atpresent. The only punk I hear is sort of poppy punk, which I don't thinkcounts.We'll be glad when smoking in public is stopped - now you know what aproblem it is for us to go out and enjoy ourselves without

risking ourlives!Shame the Porter was so expensive. We did eat there once, and I think itwas cheaper then - very noisy place. Easter is not the best time to be outand about here - lots of places do close. Is it not the same in America???If American telly is so much better, why are the majority of US programmeswe get over here crappy?Glad you had some fun though - if you come along I really think we shouldmeet up though :-)JoPeter H

it now.

Guest guest

ate a bunch of redwood products...

pretty tasty

tho, also ate some..vegan pate's and spreads

and

ummm

*yak!*

jo Apr 21, 2007 12:09 PM Re: vacation all i ever wanted 

HI Fraggle

Although Sainsbury label their own products 'Vegan' if they are, they don't tend to have any tofu, soya yogurt, icea cream, cheese etc. Tesco have Cauldron tofu though, and all the health food shops do.

Jo

-

fraggle

heh

nasty

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew

It's an orange alert

It's an orange alert

Guest guest

i guess i'm just use to big shows pulling in a ton of people...

we had well over a thousand people fer one of our BOBfest shows....

Bath scene is pretty small...it use to be quite healthy, back in the days of Amebix..but, that era is long past...

it was still great tho...

peter VV Apr 21, 2007 12:52 PM Re: vacation all i ever wanted

There is a healthy uk punk scene at the moment, ( encompasses all sorts of punk/ska etc ) unfortunately a lot of the old bands who should have given up years ago are still trying to cash in on their names, newer bands dont get much of a chance and have a smaller gig circuit, and have to rely on independant labels to get their music out there or the internet. There were a few punk gigs around the uk at the same time he was here. I dont know what the punk scene is like in Bath, I would have thought that 200 people in a uk pub was about the limit? unless they were bigger clubs?

The Valley Vegan...............jo <jo.heartwork wrote:

HI FraggleI think to get a reasonably decent hotel in London you have to be payingsomething like £70 per night per person. I was surprised that you weresurprised by the number of 'Express'places here - we thought it was anAmerican idea!!!London is very quiet on weekend mornings - seems to liven up a little aroundlunchtime. Pity you didn't try the orld Cafe in the Neals Yard square - butmaybe it wasn't open on a Sunday.Glad you liked the Redwoods.I'm not really into Punk but I didn't think there was any English Punk atpresent. The only punk I hear is sort of poppy punk, which I don't thinkcounts.We'll be glad when smoking in public is stopped - now you know what aproblem it is for us to go out and enjoy ourselves without risking ourlives!Shame the Porter was so expensive. We did eat there once, and I think itwas cheaper then - very noisy place. Easter is not the best time to be outand about here - lots of places do close. Is it not the same in America???If American telly is so much better, why are the majority of US programmeswe get over here crappy?Glad you had some fun though - if you come along I really think we shouldmeet up though :-)Jo

Peter H

Answers - Got a question? Someone out there knows the answer. Try it now.

It's an orange alert

Guest guest

yeah..not a lot open over there on sunday...remember that from last time

here, holidays (at least in my neck of the woods) don't mean a whole lot. Even

the supermarkets are open on x-mas. (most of the big ones anyways)

got to see them do the whole stations of the cross easter sunday in bath..we

were walking into town, and there was a gentlemen with a cross, and maybe 20-30

people behind him.

about, i dunno, 90 minutes to 2 hrs later, he had like 200 people behind him,

marching toward the cathedral.

punk is still going i think everywhere...i think its just that most of it is

underground now....while mtv and all that play their commercial poppy stuff

*shrug*

everything changes...

>jo <jo.heartwork

>Apr 21, 2007 12:08 PM

>

>Re: vacation all i ever wanted

>

>HI Fraggle

>

>I think to get a reasonably decent hotel in London you have to be paying

>something like £70 per night per person. I was surprised that you were

>surprised by the number of 'Express'places here - we thought it was an

>American idea!!!

>

>London is very quiet on weekend mornings - seems to liven up a little around

>lunchtime. Pity you didn't try the orld Cafe in the Neals Yard square - but

>maybe it wasn't open on a Sunday.

>

>Glad you liked the Redwoods.

>

>I'm not really into Punk but I didn't think there was any English Punk at

>present. The only punk I hear is sort of poppy punk, which I don't think

>counts.

>

>We'll be glad when smoking in public is stopped - now you know what a

>problem it is for us to go out and enjoy ourselves without risking our

>lives!

>

>Shame the Porter was so expensive. We did eat there once, and I think it

>was cheaper then - very noisy place. Easter is not the best time to be out

>and about here - lots of places do close. Is it not the same in America???

>

>If American telly is so much better, why are the majority of US programmes

>we get over here crappy?

>

>Glad you had some fun though - if you come along I really think we should

>meet up though :-)

>

>Jo

>

>

>

>

>To send an email to -

>

Guest guest

i think it was sage and marjoram..sounds like the one we had several times

as TV...

it was just that, if we'd watch at all..everyone had like 8 chanells...of course, 4 were just repeats.....

and..the morning "news"...my bacchus..worse the Good Morning America...

one morning, they had some kids on with their hamster.....

just really odd........

Peter Kebbell Apr 21, 2007 3:33 AM Re: vacation all i ever wanted

Hi Fraggle

>Which brings me to….boi oh boi, are UK supermarkets full of over-packaged toss. Everything came in some sort of box, carton, bag,

> shrunk wrapped bin strangulation bin….we couldn't even buy a single fruit…plums came in 5's..it was all rather odd.

Packaging is really annoying... and did you notice that just about everywhere tries to foist at least one plastic bag on you? One thing I did like like about America was that it was pretty much always paper bags.

>went to Planet Organic, and had our first taste of Redwood products. Good sausages. :)

Which ones did you have? The :Lincolnshires, the Sage and Marjoram or the somethingorother and Onion?

See, you were just a couple of months too early - it gets banned in June / July. Unless you're lucky enough to live in Wales, where it was banned earlier this month...

> Also, nice little health food market in Bath..crap…what was it called…umm….oh yeah..Harvest.

I think it must be something to do with what our cultures like. Admittedly UK TV is pretty bad - pretty much the only stuff I watch now is Dr Who and Sea of Souls. Life on Mars was good too, but has now finished. However, that's three more programmes than I found to watch when in the US!!!

Anyway, pleased you had a good time. Next time you visit you'll have to pop into Bristol...

BB

peter

It's an orange alert

Guest guest

It's best to make your own pates, I've discovered.

Jo

-

fraggle

Monday, April 23, 2007 4:19 PM

ate a bunch of redwood products...

pretty tasty

tho, also ate some..vegan pate's and spreads

and

ummm

*yak!*

jo Apr 21, 2007 12:09 PM Re: vacation all i ever wanted 

HI Fraggle

Jo

-

fraggle

heh

nasty

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew

It's an orange alert

It's an orange alert

Guest guest

I think I like it to be quiet and closed sometimes - you can see places when

they're not so crowded. There are quite a few passion plays around over

here. There is one that goes on in the fields and woods fairly near us.

Probably quite interesting.

We have the same trouble with metal here - although the concerts get quite

big audiences, especially the outdoor ones.

Jo

-

" fraggle " <EBbrewpunx

Monday, April 23, 2007 4:26 PM

yeah..not a lot open over there on sunday...remember that from last time

here, holidays (at least in my neck of the woods) don't mean a whole lot.

Even the supermarkets are open on x-mas. (most of the big ones anyways)

got to see them do the whole stations of the cross easter sunday in bath..we

were walking into town, and there was a gentlemen with a cross, and maybe

20-30 people behind him.

about, i dunno, 90 minutes to 2 hrs later, he had like 200 people behind

him, marching toward the cathedral.

punk is still going i think everywhere...i think its just that most of it is

underground now....while mtv and all that play their commercial poppy stuff

*shrug*

everything changes...

>jo <jo.heartwork

>Apr 21, 2007 12:08 PM

>

>Re: vacation all i ever wanted

>

>HI Fraggle

>

>I think to get a reasonably decent hotel in London you have to be paying

>something like £70 per night per person. I was surprised that you were

>surprised by the number of 'Express'places here - we thought it was an

>American idea!!!

>

>London is very quiet on weekend mornings - seems to liven up a little

around

>lunchtime. Pity you didn't try the orld Cafe in the Neals Yard square -

but

>maybe it wasn't open on a Sunday.

>

>Glad you liked the Redwoods.

>

>I'm not really into Punk but I didn't think there was any English Punk at

>present. The only punk I hear is sort of poppy punk, which I don't think

>counts.

>

>We'll be glad when smoking in public is stopped - now you know what a

>problem it is for us to go out and enjoy ourselves without risking our

>lives!

>

>Shame the Porter was so expensive. We did eat there once, and I think it

>was cheaper then - very noisy place. Easter is not the best time to be out

>and about here - lots of places do close. Is it not the same in America???

>

>If American telly is so much better, why are the majority of US programmes

>we get over here crappy?

>

>Glad you had some fun though - if you come along I really think we should

>meet up though :-)

>

>Jo

>

>

>

>

>To send an email to -

>

Guest guest

Hi Fraggle

Sounds like you caught one of our more exciting news programmes :-) What do you have on their news then?

Jo

-

fraggle

Monday, April 23, 2007 5:15 PM

as TV...

it was just that, if we'd watch at all..everyone had like 8 chanells...of course, 4 were just repeats.....

just really odd........

Hi Fraggle

BB

peter

It's an orange alert

Guest guest

I guess you werent one of the 200? yer right about punk, was a bigger scene here about 2 years ago, seems to have petered out a bit, now mostly underground. Most tv/radio just plays crap commercial r & b/pop/indie even the radio 1 punk show got demoted to 2 oclock in the morning from its 8 - 11 slot, realy sad....... The Valley Vegan.............fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote: yeah..not a lot open over there on sunday...remember that from last timehere,

holidays (at least in my neck of the woods) don't mean a whole lot. Even the supermarkets are open on x-mas. (most of the big ones anyways)got to see them do the whole stations of the cross easter sunday in bath..we were walking into town, and there was a gentlemen with a cross, and maybe 20-30 people behind him.about, i dunno, 90 minutes to 2 hrs later, he had like 200 people behind him, marching toward the cathedral.punk is still going i think everywhere...i think its just that most of it is underground now....while mtv and all that play their commercial poppy stuff*shrug*everything changes...>jo <jo.heartwork >>Apr 21, 2007 12:08 PM> >Re: vacation all i ever wanted>>HI

Fraggle>>I think to get a reasonably decent hotel in London you have to be paying>something like £70 per night per person. I was surprised that you were>surprised by the number of 'Express'places here - we thought it was an>American idea!!!>>London is very quiet on weekend mornings - seems to liven up a little around>lunchtime. Pity you didn't try the orld Cafe in the Neals Yard square - but>maybe it wasn't open on a Sunday.>>Glad you liked the Redwoods.>>I'm not really into Punk but I didn't think there was any English Punk at>present. The only punk I hear is sort of poppy punk, which I don't think>counts.>>We'll be glad when smoking in public is stopped - now you know what a>problem it is for us to go out and enjoy ourselves without risking our>lives!>>Shame the Porter was so expensive. We did eat there once, and I think

it>was cheaper then - very noisy place. Easter is not the best time to be out>and about here - lots of places do close. Is it not the same in America???>>If American telly is so much better, why are the majority of US programmes>we get over here crappy?>>Glad you had some fun though - if you come along I really think we should>meet up though :-)>>Jo>>>>>To send an email to - >

Guest guest

vegan pate...............all the appeal of a squashed stool sample............. The Valley Vegan............fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote: ate a bunch of redwood products... pretty tasty tho, also ate some..vegan pate's and spreads and ummm *yak!* jo Apr

21, 2007 12:09 PM Re: vacation all i ever wanted  HI Fraggle Although Sainsbury label their own products 'Vegan' if they are, they don't tend to have any tofu, soya yogurt, icea cream, cheese etc. Tesco have Cauldron tofu though, and all the health food shops do. Jo - fraggle Friday, April 20, 2007 10:44 PM Re: vacation all i ever wanted they add it to stuff because its a preservative and anti-microbial as fer the packaging...well...the crap is still there, even if you left it at the store it wasn't we were worried about it clogging up wotever we were carrying...it was that..well..everything was over packaged! heh all the veggies and fruit...everything was bagged, boxed, wotever nasty oh, and, not a lot of tofu out there is there? we asked someone at one of the big Sainsbury's for tofu..and he just blinked at us...

only supermarket we found tofu at was Waitrose...next to the ham and the prawn mayonaise eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew peter VV Apr 20, 2007 5:18 PM Re: vacation all i ever wanted Sounds good to me, glad you both enjoyed it. You are right about the state of packaging in uk supermarkets, too damn much of it, doubles the volume of your shop...but wait for it..............a little known fact is that once you have paid for it at the check outs you are perfectly entitled to take everything out of its packaging into bags and leave it there for them to sort out. Never doubted you would find vegie options, especially in the big smoke, just wasnt sure on the beer front. Ah Westons. great cider, but why the

sulphur dioxide ?????????????? You must be totally skint now........... now you have done the beer research, you can try those breweries again for a job? The Valley Vegan............fraggle <EBbrewpunx (AT) earthlink (DOT) com> wrote: Don't know, don't care, don't talk, don't stare, don't know, don't care We live in fear the end is near and we are easy to control It's an orange alert Don't know, don't care, don't talk, don't stare, don't know, don't care We live in fear the end is near and we are easy to control It's an orange alert Peter H

Mail is the world's favourite email. Don't settle for less, sign up for your free

account today.

Guest guest

depends on the news i would gather

i figure news should be..news

so much of it is just infotainment

but..after watching BBC world fer so long, i figured thats what yer news was like..not stories on kids with their hamsters

hahahahahahahh

i was sadly disappointed

oh, and whats with the term "social deviant"

everyday it seemed they'd show footage of cops running up to houses with battering rams, and all these cops rushing in, only to say so and so had been taken in for "social deviancy"

what, they that strict on hair length there er something?

jo Apr 23, 2007 10:07 AM Re: vacation all i ever wanted 

Hi Fraggle

Sounds like you caught one of our more exciting news programmes :-) What do you have on their news then?

Jo

-

fraggle

Monday, April 23, 2007 5:15 PM

as TV...

just really odd........

Hi Fraggle

BB

peter Don't know, don't care, don't talk, don't stare, don't know, don't care

It's an orange alert

It's an orange alert

Guest guest

you know what its like, cops have quiet days too!, keeps the social workers and cops busy? whats wrong with deviants? The Valley Vegan............fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote: depends on the news i would gather i figure news should be..news so much of it is just infotainment but..after watching BBC world fer so long, i figured thats what yer news was like..not stories on kids with their hamsters hahahahahahahh i was sadly disappointed :) oh, and whats with the term "social deviant" everyday it seemed they'd show footage of cops running up to houses with battering rams, and all these cops rushing in, only to say so and so had been taken in for "social deviancy" what, they that strict on hair length there er something? jo Apr 23, 2007 10:07 AM Re: vacation all i ever wanted  Hi Fraggle Sounds like you caught

one of our more exciting news programmes :-) What do you have on their news then? Jo - fraggle Monday, April 23, 2007 5:15 PM Re: vacation all i ever wanted i think it was sage and marjoram..sounds like the one we had several times as TV... it was just that,

if we'd watch at all..everyone had like 8 chanells...of course, 4 were just repeats..... and..the morning "news"...my bacchus..worse the Good Morning America... one morning, they had some kids on with their hamster..... just really odd........ Peter Kebbell Apr 21, 2007 3:33 AM Re: vacation all i ever wanted Hi Fraggle Glad you had a good time.... >Which brings me to….boi oh boi, are UK supermarkets full of over-packaged toss. Everything came in some sort of box, carton, bag, > shrunk wrapped bin strangulation bin….we couldn't even buy a single fruit…plums came in 5's..it was all rather odd. Packaging is really annoying... and did you notice that just about everywhere tries to foist at least one plastic bag on you? One thing I did like like about America was that it was pretty much always paper bags. >went to Planet Organic, and had our first taste of Redwood products. Good sausages. :) Which ones did you have? The :Lincolnshires, the Sage and Marjoram or the somethingorother and Onion? >We then spent a week in Bath. Got a bit dirty did you? (Sorry, can't resist the occasional pun!) >Every bar/pub/venue was like walking into a smog bank. See, you were just a couple of months too early - it gets banned in June / July. Unless you're lucky enough to live in Wales, where it was banned earlier this month... > Also, nice little

health food market in Bath..crap…what was it called…umm….oh yeah..Harvest. Now the Harvest in Bristol is really good - although a bit small. >Oh, and one more thing….TV in the UK is just plan wretched I think it must be something to do with what our cultures like. Admittedly UK TV is pretty bad - pretty much the only stuff I watch now is Dr Who and Sea of Souls. Life on Mars was good too, but has now finished. However, that's three more programmes than I found to watch when in the US!!! Anyway, pleased you had a good time. Next time you visit you'll have to pop into Bristol... BB peter Don't know, don't care, don't talk, don't stare, don't know, don't care We live in fear the end is near and we are easy to control It's an orange alert Don't know, don't care, don't talk, don't stare, don't know, don't care We live in fear the end is near and we are easy to control It's an orange alert Peter H

it now.

Guest guest

I was carrying the cross...

nah..not my style....

just thought it was interesting

certain places take their religion more seriously then others

peter VV Apr 23, 2007 10:47 AM Re: vacation all i ever wanted

I guess you werent one of the 200?

yer right about punk, was a bigger scene here about 2 years ago, seems to have petered out a bit, now mostly underground. Most tv/radio just plays crap commercial r & b/pop/indie even the radio 1 punk show got demoted to 2 oclock in the morning from its 8 - 11 slot, realy sad.......

The Valley Vegan.............fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote:

It's an orange alert

Guest guest

oh, and my bacchus do you folks have cameras EVERYWHERE!

peter VV Apr 23, 2007 11:04 AM Re: vacation all i ever wanted

you know what its like, cops have quiet days too!, keeps the social workers and cops busy?

whats wrong with deviants?

but..after watching BBC world fer so long, i figured thats what yer news was like..not stories on kids with their hamsters

hahahahahahahh

i was sadly disappointed

everyday it seemed they'd show footage of cops running up to houses with battering rams, and all these cops rushing in, only to say so and so had been taken in for "social deviancy"

It's an orange alert

Guest guest

We are the most watched population. I think I read somewhere that we are caught on camera something like 325 times each and every day. Aren't we lucky!

Jo

-

fraggle

Monday, April 23, 2007 8:11 PM

you know what its like, cops have quiet days too!, keeps the social workers and cops busy?

hahahahahahahh

i was sadly disappointed

It's an orange alert

Guest guest

we kept waving to the camera on the main pedestrian way in Bath.

i wanted to moon em..but rebecca talked me out of it

jo Apr 23, 2007 12:58 PM Re: vacation all i ever wanted 

We are the most watched population. I think I read somewhere that we are caught on camera something like 325 times each and every day. Aren't we lucky!

Jo

-

fraggle

Monday, April 23, 2007 8:11 PM

hahahahahahahh

i was sadly disappointed

It's an orange alert

It's an orange alert

Guest guest

We're the stars of CCTVMaking movies out on the streetWe're the stars of CCTVCan't you see the camera loves me?jo <jo.heartwork wrote:  We are the most watched population. I think I read somewhere that we are caught on camera something like 325 times each and every day. Aren't we lucky! Jo - fraggle Monday, April 23, 2007 8:11 PM Re: vacation all i ever wanted oh, and my bacchus do you folks have cameras EVERYWHERE! peter VV Apr 23, 2007 11:04 AM Re: vacation all i ever wanted you know what its like,

cops have quiet days too!, keeps the social workers and cops busy? whats wrong with deviants? The Valley Vegan............fraggle <EBbrewpunx (AT) earthlink (DOT) com> wrote: depends on the news i would gather i figure news should be..news so much of it is just infotainment but..after watching BBC world fer so long, i figured thats what yer news was like..not stories on kids with their hamsters hahahahahahahh i was sadly disappointed :) oh, and whats with the term "social deviant" everyday it seemed they'd show footage of cops running up to houses with battering rams, and all these cops rushing in, only to say so and so had been taken in for "social deviancy"

what, they that strict on hair length there er something? Don't know, don't care, don't talk, don't stare, don't know, don't care We live in fear the end is near and we are easy to control It's an orange alert Peter H

it now.

Guest guest

aw you are soooooo predictable............ The Valley Vegan...........fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote: we kept waving to the camera on the main pedestrian way in Bath. i wanted to moon em..but rebecca talked me out of it jo Apr 23, 2007 12:58 PM Re:

vacation all i ever wanted  We are the most watched population. I think I read somewhere that we are caught on camera something like 325 times each and every day. Aren't we lucky! Jo - fraggle Monday,

April 23, 2007 8:11 PM Re: vacation all i ever wanted oh, and my bacchus do you folks have cameras EVERYWHERE! peter VV Apr 23, 2007 11:04 AM Re: vacation all i ever wanted you know what its like, cops have quiet days too!, keeps the social workers and cops busy? whats wrong with deviants? The Valley Vegan............fraggle <EBbrewpunx (AT) earthlink (DOT) com> wrote: depends on the news i would gather i figure news should be..news so much of it is just infotainment but..after watching BBC world fer so long, i figured thats what yer news was like..not stories on kids with their hamsters hahahahahahahh i was sadly disappointed :) oh, and whats with the term "social deviant" everyday it seemed they'd show footage of cops running up to houses with battering rams, and all these cops rushing in, only to say so and so had been taken in for "social deviancy" what, they that strict on hair length there er something? Don't know, don't care, don't talk, don't stare, don't know, don't care We live in fear the end is near and we are easy to control It's an orange alert Don't know, don't care, don't talk, don't stare, don't know, don't care We live in fear the end is near and we are easy to control It's an orange alert Peter H

account today.