IndiaDivine.org

Gay men urged to go vegetarian (nonvegan marriage)

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

I work for a vegan website as a "counsellor" for new vegans. There's a very common question that I've heard many times: "can I get married with an meat-eater?" The new vegans I helped usualy had stroggles about cooking at home if they live with nonveggie relatives. Finding a serious gay relationship has been so difficult that I think interested gays won't even care. Vegan or not vegan, it doesn't matter to someone who really shows interest. Silas, 16, Victoria, Brazil. Brazilian Vegetarian Society coordinator for the Espirito Santo estate www.svb.org.br Animal Rights activist in www.amaes.org.br Vegan (photo + profile) http://www.guiavegano.com.br/galeria/displayimage.php?pos=-5230 Translator and member of the International Vegetarian Union www.ivu.org Volunteer for the Vegan Society - UK www.vegansociety.com Add me (MSN messenger): silasco (AT) hotmail (DOT) com peter VV <swpgh01 escreveu: Hi Silas, Nice reply, and your english is as good as mine, so please dont apologise! I agree about steriotyping being wrong, and minorities will always be picked on by someone or another who is insecure, sad to say its human nature. I am married to a non vegan, some people can, and some people cant. I like

to think that I am open minded, but it is a two way street. She puts up with my "fusy" diet, and I let her get on with organising her diet. As long as my kids dont get meat forced on them we are happy together. The Valley Vegan.................Silas Cordeiro-Pascoal <cordeiropascoal wrote: It's a cultural question. Gays are often related to the lack of aggressiveness. Haven't you ever heard the jokes about the sexuality of vegetarians? Anyway, I have some gay friends who are more opened to vegetarianism than the straight ones, and my best gay friend had also been vegetarian for a while, due to my influence. Gay men undergo a similar prejudice to vegans. Gays and vegans are often so

sensitive that ppl link them. I am gay and vegan at the same time. I think my gayness helped me to decide for the animals... Anyway, I'm not saying that there's a very link between homosexuality and veganism, ok? I'm just depicting these questions as they're seen by most arround me. I'm just 16, but I worry about my future. Will I found a parnter who will support my vegan lifestyle or even be tolerant? I'm looking for a monogamous and lifelong relationship with a nice guy. (Sorry for my poor english!) Silas, 16, Victoria, Brazil. Brazilian Vegetarian Society coordinator for the Espirito Santo estate www.svb.org.br Animal Rights activist in www.amaes.org.br Vegan (photo + profile) http://www.guiavegano.com.br/galeria/displayimage.php?pos=-5230 Translator and member of the International Vegetarian Union www.ivu.org Volunteer for the Vegan Society - UK www.vegansociety.com Add me (MSN messenger): silasco (AT) hotmail (DOT) com heartwerk <jo.heartwork > escreveu: Hi SilasWhy do you think that?Jo , Silas Cordeiro-Pascoal wrote:>> I'm gay and vegan!> > I think it's easier

to make gays veggie than straight men.> > Silas, 16 - Victoria, Brazil.> > peter VV escreveu:> UK animal rights group Viva! is urging the gay community to give peas a chance and save animals from suffering by going veggie. > A new ad shows a sexy lad cuddling a lamb with the words, "Because being a man means more than having meat and two veg." It promotes Viva!'s second Incredible Veggie Show -- the biggest vegetarian event in Europe -- in London on June 30. One in five of Viva!'s staff is gay and the group has great support in the lesbian community, with women making up 80 per cent of the membership. Viva is now targeting gay men with the somewhat ambitious claim that going veggie can make a man more attractive and improve his sex life. Meat and the fat it contains can clog the arteries, says Viva!, which makes lovemaking harder because things are softer, can produce stinky

breath, make you obese and cause your hair to fall out prematurely. While the above may be true, it will be hard to convince the chicken breast-chomping muscle-Mary contingent. Perhaps the next question the veggies need to address is, 'Can you be a buff hunk on nothing but pulses and vegetable?' A report by the> U.S. National Institutes of Health confirmed that vegetarians actually smell better than meat-eaters. But the good news is, carnivores who cut out meat can improve their odor, clear their arteries, cut their risk of heart disease and a string of other illnesses, keep their hair sprouting and soon start feeling themselves again. Justin Kerswell, Viva!'s campaigns manager, is getting hitched to his long-term partner, Stuart, in August. After the civil ceremony, there will a fun Mexican theme party where all the food will be decadent vegan. "I've been vegan for the last three years and before that I was

vegetarian for 20 years," Kerswell said. "The only meat in my life now has got a pulse! Got to say, I've never felt better -- and at 37 I'm glad to report I'm still the same weight I was at 18. "I suffered discrimination as a gay man when I was younger and so developed an interest in gay rights. At the same time, I began to learn about the appalling treatment of today's> farmed animals. I was shocked to find that in the UK we kill and eat around a billion animals every year. I didn't want to be a part of that and felt that injustice was unacceptable whoever or whatever was the target. So come on GLB & T people, join up the dots and ditch the meat -- Viva! is here to help." Jane Easton, cookery co-ordinator at Viva!, is also getting hitched this year -- to Mary, her partner of 22 years. The food will be vegan, of course, but not cooked by her this time -- she's having a rest! "I was veggie for over 15 years and

have been vegan for six years," Easton said. "My initial reasons for changing my diet were about feeding the world -- vegetarianism was so much more efficient than wasteful meat production. "Like many gays and lesbians I saw the links between oppression of animals and people and thought there's enough cruelty and violence in the world without me adding to it. Compassion obviously pays as I've never felt better or eaten better. > I'm 52 but don't feel it and, if I can believe my mates, I don't look it." (Stewart Who?, Gay.com U.K.) > > > > Peter H > > > > Answers - Got a question? Someone out there knows the answer. Try it now. > > > > > Acesso Grátis - Internet rápida e grátis. Instale o discador

agora!> Você quer respostas para suas perguntas? Ou você sabe muito e quer compartilhar seu conhecimento? Experimente o Respostas! Peter H Mail is the world's favourite email. Don't settle for less, sign up for your free account today.

Search Música para ver e ouvir: You're Beautiful, do James Blunt