Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Organic kiwis are healthier:

Researchers from the University of California at Davis grew two sets of kiwi

vines on the same ranch to compare the effects of fruit grown with agricultural

chemicals and without. The organically grown kiwis developed darker, thicker,

insect-resistant skins and produced 14 percent more vitamin C and 17 percent

more polyphenols (health-promoting antioxidants). The researchers reported their

findings in the Journal of the Science of Food and Agriculture and concluded:

" All the main mineral constituents were more concentrated in the organic kiwi

fruit. "

Guest guest

Thanks Fraggle

We always knew it but it's good to have the 'experts' agree with us :-)

Jo

-

" fraggle " <EBbrewpunx

" vegan chat " ; " TFHB "

<TFHB >; <doomerism (AT) googl (DOT) com>; " GardeningOrganically "

<GardeningOrganically >

Thursday, April 26, 2007 11:06 PM

Organic kiwis are healthier

> Organic kiwis are healthier:

> Researchers from the University of California at Davis grew two sets of

kiwi vines on the same ranch to compare the effects of fruit grown with

agricultural chemicals and without. The organically grown kiwis developed

darker, thicker, insect-resistant skins and produced 14 percent more vitamin

C and 17 percent more polyphenols (health-promoting antioxidants). The

researchers reported their findings in the Journal of the Science of Food

and Agriculture and concluded: " All the main mineral constituents were more

concentrated in the organic kiwi fruit. "

>

>

>

> To send an email to -

>

Guest guest

i need a bigger yard

like to grow some kiwi vines

maybe if we are ever able to reach our porch, i can get some containers up there

:)

>jo <jo.heartwork

>Apr 27, 2007 2:46 AM

>

>Re: Organic kiwis are healthier

>

>Thanks Fraggle

>

>We always knew it but it's good to have the 'experts' agree with us :-)

>

>Jo

>

>-

> " fraggle " <EBbrewpunx

> " vegan chat " ; " TFHB "

><TFHB >; <doomerism (AT) googl (DOT) com>; " GardeningOrganically "

><GardeningOrganically >

>Thursday, April 26, 2007 11:06 PM

> Organic kiwis are healthier

>

>

>> Organic kiwis are healthier:

>> Researchers from the University of California at Davis grew two sets of

>kiwi vines on the same ranch to compare the effects of fruit grown with

>agricultural chemicals and without. The organically grown kiwis developed

>darker, thicker, insect-resistant skins and produced 14 percent more vitamin

>C and 17 percent more polyphenols (health-promoting antioxidants). The

>researchers reported their findings in the Journal of the Science of Food

>and Agriculture and concluded: " All the main mineral constituents were more

>concentrated in the organic kiwi fruit. "

>>

>>

>>

>> To send an email to -

>>

Guest guest

What the heck do you want with all that borage? The Valley Vegan............fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote: i need a bigger yardlike to grow some kiwi vinesmaybe if we are ever able to reach our porch, i can get some containers up there:)>jo <jo.heartwork >>Apr 27, 2007 2:46 AM> >Re: Organic kiwis are healthier>>Thanks Fraggle>>We always knew it but it's good to have the 'experts' agree with us :-)>>Jo>>->"fraggle" <EBbrewpunx (AT) earthlink (DOT) com>>"vegan chat" ; "TFHB"><TFHB >; <doomerism (AT) googl (DOT) com>; "GardeningOrganically"><GardeningOrganically >>Thursday, April 26, 2007 11:06 PM> Organic kiwis are

healthier>>>> Organic kiwis are healthier:>> Researchers from the University of California at Davis grew two sets of>kiwi vines on the same ranch to compare the effects of fruit grown with>agricultural chemicals and without. The organically grown kiwis developed>darker, thicker, insect-resistant skins and produced 14 percent more vitamin>C and 17 percent more polyphenols (health-promoting antioxidants). The>researchers reported their findings in the Journal of the Science of Food>and Agriculture and concluded: "All the main mineral constituents were more>concentrated in the organic kiwi fruit.">>>>>>>> To send an email to - >>

Guest guest

it grows

its pretty

i let it go and do its thing

and the bees like it

peter VV Apr 27, 2007 12:12 PM Re: Organic kiwis are healthier

What the heck do you want with all that borage?

The Valley Vegan............fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote:

i need a bigger yardlike to grow some kiwi vinesmaybe if we are ever able to reach our porch, i can get some containers up there:)>jo <jo.heartwork >>Apr 27, 2007 2:46 AM> >Re: Organic kiwis are healthier>>Thanks Fraggle>>We always knew it but it's good to have the 'experts' agree with us :-)>>Jo>>->"fraggle" <EBbrewpunx (AT) earthlink (DOT) com>>"vegan chat" ; "TFHB"><TFHB >; <doomerism (AT) googl (DOT) com>; "GardeningOrganically"><GardeningOrganically >>Thursday, April 26, 2007 11:06 PM> Organic kiwis are healthier>>>> Organic kiwis are healthier:>> Researchers from the University of California at Davis grew two sets of>kiwi vines on the same ranch to compare the effects of fruit grown with>agricultural chemicals and without. The organically grown kiwis developed>darker, thicker, insect-resistant skins and produced 14 percent more vitamin>C and 17 percent more polyphenols (health-promoting antioxidants). The>researchers reported their findings in the Journal of the Science of Food>and Agriculture and concluded: "All the main mineral constituents were more>concentrated in the organic kiwi fruit.">>>>>>>> To send an email to - >>

Guest guest

Sounds like a good idea - as long as they are not too heavy.

Jo

-

" fraggle " <EBbrewpunx

Friday, April 27, 2007 4:35 PM

Re: Organic kiwis are healthier

> i need a bigger yard

> like to grow some kiwi vines

>

> maybe if we are ever able to reach our porch, i can get some containers up

there

> :)

Guest guest

beezzzzzzzzzzzzzz love it, but it is invasive.................looks pretty frozen in ice cubes? and the flower is edible............ The Valley Vegan............fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote: it grows its pretty i let it go and do its thing and the bees like it peter VV Apr 27, 2007 12:12 PM

Re: Organic kiwis are healthier What the heck do you want with all that borage? The Valley Vegan............fraggle <EBbrewpunx (AT) earthlink (DOT) com> wrote: i need a bigger yardlike to grow some kiwi vinesmaybe if we are ever able to reach our porch, i can get some containers up there:)>jo <jo.heartwork >>Apr 27, 2007 2:46 AM> >Re: Organic kiwis are healthier>>Thanks Fraggle>>We always knew it but it's good to have the 'experts'

agree with us :-)>>Jo>>->"fraggle" <EBbrewpunx (AT) earthlink (DOT) com>>"vegan chat" ; "TFHB"><TFHB >; <doomerism (AT) googl (DOT) com>; "GardeningOrganically"><GardeningOrganically >>Thursday, April 26, 2007 11:06 PM> Organic kiwis are healthier>>>> Organic kiwis are healthier:>> Researchers from the University of California at Davis grew two sets of>kiwi vines on the same ranch to compare the effects of fruit grown with>agricultural

chemicals and without. The organically grown kiwis developed>darker, thicker, insect-resistant skins and produced 14 percent more vitamin>C and 17 percent more polyphenols (health-promoting antioxidants). The>researchers reported their findings in the Journal of the Science of Food>and Agriculture and concluded: "All the main mineral constituents were more>concentrated in the organic kiwi fruit.">>>>>>>> To send an email to - >>

Guest guest

i like invasive

it means it grows on its own without any help from meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

:)

peter VV Apr 27, 2007 12:25 PM Re: Organic kiwis are healthier

beezzzzzzzzzzzzzz love it, but it is invasive.................looks pretty frozen in ice cubes? and the flower is edible............

The Valley Vegan............fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote:

it grows

its pretty

i let it go and do its thing

and the bees like it

peter VV Apr 27, 2007 12:12 PM Re: Organic kiwis are healthier

What the heck do you want with all that borage?

The Valley Vegan............fraggle <EBbrewpunx (AT) earthlink (DOT) com> wrote:

i need a bigger yardlike to grow some kiwi vinesmaybe if we are ever able to reach our porch, i can get some containers up there:)>jo <jo.heartwork >>Apr 27, 2007 2:46 AM> >Re: Organic kiwis are healthier>>Thanks Fraggle>>We always knew it but it's good to have the 'experts' agree with us :-)>>Jo>>->"fraggle" <EBbrewpunx (AT) earthlink (DOT) com>>"vegan chat" ; "TFHB"><TFHB >; <doomerism (AT) googl (DOT) com>; "GardeningOrganically"><GardeningOrganically >>Thursday, April 26, 2007 11:06 PM> Organic kiwis are healthier>>>> Organic kiwis are healthier:>> Researchers from the University of California at Davis grew two sets of>kiwi vines on the same ranch to compare the effects of fruit grown with>agricultural chemicals and without. The organically grown kiwis developed>darker, thicker, insect-resistant skins and produced 14 percent more vitamin>C and 17 percent more polyphenols (health-promoting antioxidants). The>researchers reported their findings in the Journal of the Science of Food>and Agriculture and concluded: "All the main mineral constituents were more>concentrated in the organic kiwi fruit.">>>>>>>> To send an email to - >>