IndiaDivine.org

Are Vegan Diets safe for children

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

I know someone who was brought up as a vegan from birth, obviously breastfed to start with. She was a very healthy woman in her late twenties who had a healthy baby.

Jo

-

zurumato

veganchat ; Vegan_Animal_Rights

Friday, May 04, 2007 4:35 PM

Are Vegan Diets safe for children?

TV, news story follow up to the Vegan couple that were given life sentences.

http://www.myfoxatlanta.com/myfox/pages/News/Detail?contentId=3092512 & version=3 & locale=EN-US & layoutCode=VSTY & pageId=3.2.1

Guest guest

rebecca was brought up vegan from birth....

sadly, her dad isn't even vegetarian anymore...

jo May 4, 2007 11:41 AM Re: Are Vegan Diets safe for children

I know someone who was brought up as a vegan from birth, obviously breastfed to start with. She was a very healthy woman in her late twenties who had a healthy baby.

Jo

-

zurumato

http://www.myfoxatlanta.com/myfox/pages/News/Detail?contentId=3092512 & version=3 & locale=EN-US & layoutCode=VSTY & pageId=3.2.1

There is power in a factory, power in the land

Power in the hands of a worker

But it all amounts to nothing if together we don't stand

There is power in a Union

Now the lessons of the past were all learned with workers' blood

The mistakes of the bosses we must pay for

From the cities and the farmlands to trenches full of mud

War has always been the bosses' way, sir

Guest guest

I have a friend who has a baby about 10 months old now (brought up vegan). He's incredibly healthy, and showing no problems at all.

BB

Peter

-

jo

Friday, May 04, 2007 7:41 PM

Re: Are Vegan Diets safe for children

Jo

-

zurumato

Guest guest

is she still vegan ??fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote: rebecca was brought up vegan from birth.... sadly, her dad isn't even vegetarian anymore... jo May 4, 2007 11:41 AM Re: Are Vegan Diets safe for children I know someone who was brought up as a vegan from birth, obviously breastfed to start with. She was a very healthy woman in her late twenties who had a healthy baby. Jo - zurumato veganchat ; Vegan_Animal_Rights Friday, May 04, 2007 4:35 PM Are Vegan Diets safe for children Are Vegan Diets safe for children? TV, news story follow up to the Vegan couple that were given life sentences. http://www.myfoxatlanta.com/myfox/pages/News/Detail?contentId=3092512 & version=3 & locale=EN-US & layoutCode=VSTY & pageId=3.2.1 There is power in a factory, power in the land Power in the hands of a worker But it all amounts to nothing if together we don't stand There is power in a Union Now the lessons of the past were all learned with workers' blood The mistakes of the bosses we must pay for From the cities and the farmlands to trenches full of mud War has always been the bosses' way, sir

Answers - Got a question? Someone out there knows the answer. Try

it now.

Guest guest

My two daughters are 10 and 13 and whilst they are not vegan, they have been vegetarian since birth. The Valley Vegan.............zurumato <zurumato wrote: Are Vegan Diets safe for children? TV, news story follow up to the Vegan couple that were given life sentences. http://www.myfoxatlanta.com/myfox/pages/News/Detail?contentId=3092512 & version=3 & locale=EN-US & layoutCode=VSTY & pageId=3.2.1 Peter H

Answers - Got a question? Someone out there knows the answer. Try

it now.

Guest guest

yeah

she's actually "more vegan"....she won't eat at a local restaurant thats not 100% veg....the only exception she makes is Felinni's..because they use seperate pans for the vegan goodies

i don't really think i could have a long term relationship nowadays with someone who wasn't vegan er at lest vegetarian...

cheers

fraggle

louis stott May 4, 2007 3:41 PM Re: Are Vegan Diets safe for children is she still vegan ??fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote:

rebecca was brought up vegan from birth....

sadly, her dad isn't even vegetarian anymore...

jo May 4, 2007 11:41 AM Re: Are Vegan Diets safe for children

Jo

-

zurumato

There is power in a factory, power in the land Power in the hands of a worker But it all amounts to nothing if together we don't stand There is power in a Union Now the lessons of the past were all learned with workers' blood The mistakes of the bosses we must pay for From the cities and the farmlands to trenches full of mud War has always been the bosses' way, sir

Answers - Got a question? Someone out there knows the answer. Try it now.

There is power in a factory, power in the land

Power in the hands of a worker

But it all amounts to nothing if together we don't stand

There is power in a Union

Now the lessons of the past were all learned with workers' blood

The mistakes of the bosses we must pay for

From the cities and the farmlands to trenches full of mud

War has always been the bosses' way, sir

Guest guest

Aw.............she loves Fraggle, but couldnt eat a whole one! sorry, very tired up for hours with a daughter who wouldnt sleep............ good news is shes shattered tonight so hopefully we can all have an early night, working tomorrow ( money grabbing ) The Valley Vegan.........fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote: yeah she's actually "more vegan"....she won't eat at a local restaurant

thats not 100% veg....the only exception she makes is Felinni's..because they use seperate pans for the vegan goodies i don't really think i could have a long term relationship nowadays with someone who wasn't vegan er at lest vegetarian... cheers fraggle louis stott May 4, 2007 3:41 PM Re: Are Vegan Diets safe for children is she still vegan ??fraggle <EBbrewpunx (AT) earthlink (DOT) com> wrote: rebecca was brought up vegan from birth.... sadly, her dad isn't even vegetarian anymore... jo May 4, 2007 11:41 AM Re: Are Vegan Diets safe for children I know someone who was brought up as a vegan from birth, obviously breastfed to start with. She was a very healthy woman in her late twenties who had a healthy baby. Jo - zurumato veganchat ; Vegan_Animal_Rights Friday, May 04, 2007 4:35 PM Are Vegan Diets safe for children Are Vegan Diets safe for children? TV, news story follow up to the Vegan couple that were given life sentences. http://www.myfoxatlanta.com/myfox/pages/News/Detail?contentId=3092512 & version=3 & locale=EN-US & layoutCode=VSTY & pageId=3.2.1 There is power in a factory, power in the land Power in the hands of a worker But it all amounts to nothing if together we don't stand There is power in a Union Now the lessons of the past were all learned with workers' blood The mistakes of the bosses we must pay for From the cities and the farmlands to trenches full of mud War has always been the bosses' way, sir Answers - Got a question? Someone out there knows the answer. Try it now. There is power in a factory, power in the land Power in the hands of a worker But it all amounts to nothing if together we don't stand There is power in a Union Now the lessons of the past were all learned with workers' blood The mistakes of the bosses we must pay for From the cities and the farmlands to trenches full of mud War has always been the bosses' way, sir Peter H

Mail is the world's favourite email. Don't settle for less, sign up for your free

account today.

Guest guest

Hello .. Both of sons have been vegan since birth ..yes breast fed and then soy milk .. my older son is now 30 and has a 2 1/2 year old son of his own .. my grandson was born 22 inches and 8 lbs 9 oz.. (his dad was also 22 inches /8 lbs 11 oz) very healthy above height and weight for his age .. also very intelligent but they may be the grandma in me talking .. my younger son is 24 very healthy .. they both hardly ever got sick .. still don't till today .. eat a lot but healthy vegan food ..well OK chips and snacks sometimes too , but mainly healthy .. those parents who were vegan were an exception as vegans in my opinion .. and an exception as parents .. what parent does not see that their child is not gaining weight or growing properly ? Even first time parents would have noticed that something was wrong.. being vegan had nothing to do with it since a child of 6 weeks would only have been on some kind of milk ..not weaned yet .. and soy in proper

amounts would have given more then adequate nutrition ..look how many omnivore babies allergic to cows milk use soy .. what a tragedy all around .. ..metalscarab <metalscarab wrote: I have a friend who has a baby about 10 months old now (brought up vegan). He's incredibly healthy, and showing no problems at all. BB Peter - jo Friday, May 04, 2007 7:41 PM Re: Are Vegan Diets safe for children I know someone who was brought up as a vegan from birth, obviously breastfed to start with. She was a very healthy woman in her late twenties who had a healthy baby. Jo - zurumato veganchat ; Vegan_Animal_Rights Friday, May 04, 2007 4:35 PM Are Vegan Diets safe for children Are Vegan Diets safe for children? TV, news story follow up to the Vegan couple that were given life sentences. http://www.myfoxatlanta.com/myfox/pages/News/Detail?contentId=3092512 & version=3 & locale=EN-US & layoutCode=VSTY & pageId=3.2.1

No need to miss a message. Get email on-the-go with Mail for Mobile. Get started.