IndiaDivine.org

God's work ???????????

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Girls dont wear pants? bit breezey in the winter eh? Drive to Charlottesville, and there's the University of Virginia. Drive to Fredericksburg, and there's the University of Mary Washington.And Rapidan? Hartland CollegeWhat: Missionary training school associated with the Seventh Day Adventist Church that delves into areas such as media, pastoral teachings, and healthy living.Established: 1983Where: RapidanAccreditation: NoneStudents: 65 to 70, from 16 countries and 15 statesFaculty: 40On the Web: www.hartland.eduSnuggled deep in that small village lies Hartland College. Students from around the world gather for a closer understanding with God. To date, students from more than 50 countries have traveled to this 700 acres of green

space.It's not for everyone. Students at most colleges couldn't abide by Hartland's set of rules.Lights out at 9:30 p.m. every night. The food is vegan - no animal products whatsoever. The girls don't wear pants; there's no dating on campus. And the school has no athletic program."The students may not agree with everything on the outset," spokesperson Melissa Collett said."We believe we should take care of our health," she said of the vegan policy. "You're just happier when you're healthier. And studies have shown veganism is healthier than meat eating."The school was founded in 1983 by Adventists from California who wanted a school on the East Coast. The school took its name from Hartland Hall Plantation, the property's former name.They had a simple message. The Adventists believe that Christ will soon return to Earth; centers like these will prepare the way."A lot of it is word of mouth," said Collett, born in

Canada. "Like one student will come here from Korea and then spreads the news abroad. We also have some of our staff that travels and promotes the school abroad."Although unaccreditated, the school offers bachelor degrees in evangelism, health ministry, Christian education and Christian publications management. Their final year of college consists of a mission trip.The student body remains small. With a maximum of 75 students, the school graduates about 15 annually. There are 40 administrators and faculty who all earn the same pay.The campus extends far beyond college. The estate also includes the Hartland Lifestyle Center, where students earn degrees toward medicinal arts such as hydrotherapy, natural healing and massage. Prospective students perform their studies on a multitude of patients, who pay for the privilege.The college also includes Hartland Publications, which publishes its magazine "Last Generation."But why come here? At

Hartland, students find an environment based completely on Biblical teachings, freed from worldly influences.Russian-born Mark Gulyaeva first started in government work. After working on campaigns, he had more money than he knew what to do with."Life was easy," Gulyaeva said. "Basically everything, I wanted I had. Nothing more satisfies me. Then I started to think, what's next?An application brought him to Hartland. He graduates next year."I studied psychology, but I didn't find any peace in it," he said. "My guilt was still with me."Peter H

Answers - Got a question? Someone out there knows the answer. Try

it now.

Guest guest

How is it healthier for girls not to wear pants (presumably trousers)?

Jo

-

peter VV

Friday, May 04, 2007 9:06 PM

Re: God's work ???????????

Girls dont wear pants? bit breezey in the winter eh?

Drive to Charlottesville, and there's the University of Virginia.

Drive to Fredericksburg, and there's the University of Mary Washington.And Rapidan?

Hartland CollegeWhat: Missionary training school associated with the Seventh Day Adventist Church that delves into areas such as media, pastoral teachings, and healthy living.Established: 1983Where: RapidanAccreditation: NoneStudents: 65 to 70, from 16 countries and 15 statesFaculty: 40On the Web: www.hartland.eduSnuggled deep in that small village lies Hartland College. Students from around the world gather for a closer understanding with God. To date, students from more than 50 countries have traveled to this 700 acres of green space.It's not for everyone. Students at most colleges couldn't abide by Hartland's set of rules.Lights out at 9:30 p.m. every night. The food is vegan - no animal products whatsoever. The girls don't wear pants; there's no dating on campus. And the school has no athletic program."The students may not agree with everything on the outset," spokesperson Melissa Collett said."We believe we should take care of our health," she said of the vegan policy. "You're just happier when you're healthier. And studies have shown veganism is healthier than meat eating."The school was founded in 1983 by Adventists from California who wanted a school on the East Coast. The school took its name from Hartland Hall Plantation, the property's former name.They had a simple message. The Adventists believe that Christ will soon return to Earth; centers like these will prepare the way."A lot of it is word of mouth," said Collett, born in Canada. "Like one student will come here from Korea and then spreads the news abroad. We also have some of our staff that travels and promotes the school abroad."Although unaccreditated, the school offers bachelor degrees in evangelism, health ministry, Christian education and Christian publications management. Their final year of college consists of a mission trip.The student body remains small. With a maximum of 75 students, the school graduates about 15 annually. There are 40 administrators and faculty who all earn the same pay.The campus extends far beyond college. The estate also includes the Hartland Lifestyle Center, where students earn degrees toward medicinal arts such as hydrotherapy, natural healing and massage. Prospective students perform their studies on a multitude of patients, who pay for the privilege.The college also includes Hartland Publications, which publishes its magazine "Last Generation."But why come here? At Hartland, students find an environment based completely on Biblical teachings, freed from worldly influences.Russian-born Mark Gulyaeva first started in government work. After working on campaigns, he had more money than he knew what to do with."Life was easy," Gulyaeva said. "Basically everything, I wanted I had. Nothing more satisfies me. Then I started to think, what's next?An application brought him to Hartland. He graduates next year."I studied psychology, but I didn't find any peace in it," he said. "My guilt was still with me."

Peter H

Answers - Got a question? Someone out there knows the answer. Try it now.

Guest guest

its x-tian college

therefore, pants are the devil

yes..trousers...

jo May 4, 2007 7:13 PM Re: God's work ???????????

Jo

-

peter VV

Drive to Fredericksburg, and there's the University of Mary Washington.And Rapidan?

Hartland CollegeWhat: Missionary training school associated with the Seventh Day Adventist Church that delves into areas such as media, pastoral teachings, and healthy living.Established: 1983Where: RapidanAccreditation: NoneStudents: 65 to 70, from 16 countries and 15 statesFaculty: 40On the Web: www.hartland.eduSnuggled deep in that small village lies Hartland College. Students from around the world gather for a closer understanding with God. To date, students from more than 50 countries have traveled to this 700 acres of green space.It's not for everyone. Students at most colleges couldn't abide by Hartland's set of rules.Lights out at 9:30 p.m. every night. The food is vegan - no animal products whatsoever. The girls don't wear pants; there's no dating on campus. And the school has no athletic program."The students may not agree with everything on the outset," spokesperson Melissa Collett said."We believe we should take care of our health," she said of the vegan policy. "You're just happier when you're healthier. And studies have shown veganism is healthier than meat eating."The school was founded in 1983 by Adventists from California who wanted a school on the East Coast. The school took its name from Hartland Hall Plantation, the property's former name.They had a simple message. The Adventists believe that Christ will soon return to Earth; centers like these will prepare the way."A lot of it is word of mouth," said Collett, born in Canada. "Like one student will come here from Korea and then spreads the news abroad. We also have some of our staff that travels and promotes the school abroad."Although unaccreditated, the school offers bachelor degrees in evangelism, health ministry, Christian education and Christian publications management. Their final year of college consists of a mission trip.The student body remains small. With a maximum of 75 students, the school graduates about 15 annually. There are 40 administrators and faculty who all earn the same pay.The campus extends far beyond college. The estate also includes the Hartland Lifestyle Center, where students earn degrees toward medicinal arts such as hydrotherapy, natural healing and massage. Prospective students perform their studies on a multitude of patients, who pay for the privilege.The college also includes Hartland Publications, which publishes its magazine "Last Generation."But why come here? At Hartland, students find an environment based completely on Biblical teachings, freed from worldly influences.Russian-born Mark Gulyaeva first started in government work. After working on campaigns, he had more money than he knew what to do with."Life was easy," Gulyaeva said. "Basically everything, I wanted I had. Nothing more satisfies me. Then I started to think, what's next?An application brought him to Hartland. He graduates next year."I studied psychology, but I didn't find any peace in it," he said. "My guilt was still with me."

Peter H

There is power in a factory, power in the land

Power in the hands of a worker

But it all amounts to nothing if together we don't stand

There is power in a Union

Now the lessons of the past were all learned with workers' blood

The mistakes of the bosses we must pay for

From the cities and the farmlands to trenches full of mud

War has always been the bosses' way, sir

Guest guest

How strange. I don't think it's like that here.

Jo

-

fraggle

Saturday, May 05, 2007 12:47 AM

its x-tian college

therefore, pants are the devil

yes..trousers...

jo May 4, 2007 7:13 PM Re: God's work ???????????

Jo

-

peter VV

Peter H

There is power in a factory, power in the land

Power in the hands of a worker

But it all amounts to nothing if together we don't stand

There is power in a Union

Now the lessons of the past were all learned with workers' blood

The mistakes of the bosses we must pay for

From the cities and the farmlands to trenches full of mud

War has always been the bosses' way, sir

Guest guest

Along with holding hands?, riding horses?..........looking in a mirror? What is this the 15th century? The Valley Vegan..................fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote: its x-tian college therefore, pants are the devil yes..trousers... jo May 4, 2007 7:13 PM

Re: God's work ??????????? How is it healthier for girls not to wear pants (presumably trousers)? Jo - peter VV Friday, May 04, 2007 9:06 PM Re: God's work ??????????? Girls dont wear pants? bit breezey in the winter eh? Drive to Charlottesville, and there's the University of Virginia. Drive to Fredericksburg, and there's the University of Mary Washington.And Rapidan? Hartland CollegeWhat: Missionary training school associated with the Seventh Day Adventist Church that delves into areas such as media, pastoral teachings, and healthy living.Established: 1983Where: RapidanAccreditation: NoneStudents: 65 to 70, from 16 countries and 15 statesFaculty: 40On the Web: www.hartland.eduSnuggled deep in that small village lies Hartland College. Students from around the world gather for a closer understanding with God.

To date, students from more than 50 countries have traveled to this 700 acres of green space.It's not for everyone. Students at most colleges couldn't abide by Hartland's set of rules.Lights out at 9:30 p.m. every night. The food is vegan - no animal products whatsoever. The girls don't wear pants; there's no dating on campus. And the school has no athletic program."The students may not agree with everything on the outset," spokesperson Melissa Collett said."We believe we should take care of our health," she said of the vegan policy. "You're just happier when you're healthier. And studies have shown veganism is healthier than meat eating."The school was founded in 1983 by Adventists from California who wanted a school on the East Coast. The school took its name from Hartland Hall Plantation, the property's former name.They had a simple message. The Adventists believe that Christ will soon return to Earth; centers like these

will prepare the way."A lot of it is word of mouth," said Collett, born in Canada. "Like one student will come here from Korea and then spreads the news abroad. We also have some of our staff that travels and promotes the school abroad."Although unaccreditated, the school offers bachelor degrees in evangelism, health ministry, Christian education and Christian publications management. Their final year of college consists of a mission trip.The student body remains small. With a maximum of 75 students, the school graduates about 15 annually. There are 40 administrators and faculty who all earn the same pay.The campus extends far beyond college. The estate also includes the Hartland Lifestyle Center, where students earn degrees toward medicinal arts such as hydrotherapy, natural healing and massage. Prospective students perform their studies on a multitude of patients, who pay for the privilege.The college also includes Hartland

Publications, which publishes its magazine "Last Generation."But why come here? At Hartland, students find an environment based completely on Biblical teachings, freed from worldly influences.Russian-born Mark Gulyaeva first started in government work. After working on campaigns, he had more money than he knew what to do with."Life was easy," Gulyaeva said. "Basically everything, I wanted I had. Nothing more satisfies me. Then I started to think, what's next?An application brought him to Hartland. He graduates next year."I studied psychology, but I didn't find any peace in it," he said. "My guilt was still with me." Peter H Answers - Got a question? Someone out there knows the answer. Try it now. There is power in a factory, power in the land Power in the hands of a worker But it all amounts to nothing if together we don't stand There is power in a Union Now the lessons of the past were all learned with workers' blood The mistakes of the bosses we must pay for From the cities and the farmlands to trenches full of mud War has always been the bosses' way, sir Peter H

The all-new Mail goes wherever you go - free your email address from your Internet provider.