IndiaDivine.org

Just a question

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

I wish to ask a question because I truly do not understand .. so please do not take it as an attack on anyone.. Reference to being Vegan and wearing leather , wool, silk, fur etc .. .... To me once understanding the full impact of where these products originated and how they came to be ... I was totally repulsed at the mere idea of wearing them anywhere against my body .. the notion to wrap a dead cows skin around my feet or your around my body ..you get the idea ..etc etc ... so my question to the ones who can do this ... I understand all about the environment , the landfills, etc, but how do you actually put a product on and wear it without feeling the horror it felt ? I really want to understand and am not judging .. I agree with who ever suggested donating to the homeless as not to waste .. and financially I realize that it could be a burden for some (although I think this is not the

case with many perhaps none ) since sneakers, vegan shoes, thrift shops etc..will easily meet someones needs at little cost ... so for Vegans who can do this ..perhaps you could explain ..if you don't mind ....

Moody friends. Drama queens. Your life? Nope! - their life, your story. Play Sims Stories at Games.

Guest guest

In the UK vegan shoes are a lot more expensive than leather shoes,

possibly twice as expensive.

Jo

, connie bell <caromiotk wrote:

>

> I wish to ask a question because I truly do not understand .. so

please do not take it as an attack on anyone.. Reference to being

Vegan and wearing leather , wool, silk, fur etc .. .... To me once

understanding the full impact of where these products originated and

how they came to be ... I was totally repulsed at the mere idea of

wearing them anywhere against my body .. the notion to wrap a dead

cows skin around my feet or your around my body ..you get the

idea ..etc etc ... so my question to the ones who can do this ... I

understand all about the environment , the landfills, etc, but how do

you actually put a product on and wear it without feeling the horror

it felt ? I really want to understand and am not judging .. I agree

with who ever suggested donating to the homeless as not to waste ..

and financially I realize that it could be a burden for some

(although I think this is not the case with many perhaps none ) since

sneakers, vegan shoes, thrift shops etc..will

> easily meet someones needs at little cost ... so for Vegans who

can do this ..perhaps you could explain ..if you don't mind ....

>

>

>

> Moody friends. Drama queens. Your life? Nope! - their life, your

story.

> Play Sims Stories at Games.

>

Guest guest

I think most people who own computers , have Internet , telephones , etc..would surely being able to spend the difference for a Vegan pair of shoes compared to Leather .. That would be a very poor excuse .. I think picking the less expensive is not reason enough .. but that wasn't really my question.. I wanted to understand how " physically " you could put on skin or parts from a dead animal and wear it ? I cannot ..and I am curious how some can .. what do they think when they put on a leather jacket or boots knowing what it is ? I want to understand... Some Vegans here say they do and can .. I was hoping someone could explain it ..heartwerk <jo.heartwork wrote: In the UK vegan shoes are a lot more expensive than leather shoes, possibly twice as expensive.Jo , connie bell <caromiotk wrote:>> I wish to ask a question because I truly do not understand .. so please do not take it as an attack on anyone.. Reference to being Vegan and wearing leather , wool, silk, fur etc .. .... To me once understanding the full impact of where these products originated and how they came to be ... I was totally repulsed at the mere idea of wearing them anywhere against my body .. the notion to wrap a dead cows skin around my feet or your around my body ..you get the

idea ..etc etc ... so my question to the ones who can do this ... I understand all about the environment , the landfills, etc, but how do you actually put a product on and wear it without feeling the horror it felt ? I really want to understand and am not judging .. I agree with who ever suggested donating to the homeless as not to waste .. and financially I realize that it could be a burden for some (although I think this is not the case with many perhaps none ) since sneakers, vegan shoes, thrift shops etc..will> easily meet someones needs at little cost ... so for Vegans who can do this ..perhaps you could explain ..if you don't mind .... > > > > Moody friends. Drama queens. Your life? Nope! - their life, your story.> Play Sims Stories at Games.>

Give spam the boot. Take control with tough spam protectionin the all-new Mail Beta.

Guest guest

You said you thought everyone could afford to buy vegan shoes. I pointed out that vegan shoes were more expensive than leather shoes here so maybe not everyone could afford to buy them as soon as they become vegan. I did not suggest that people buy leather shoes instead, just that they may have to continue to wear their old leather shoes until they can save up enough money to buy new shoes, which, of course, would be vegan ones.

Jo

-

connie bell

Monday, May 14, 2007 6:20 PM

Re: Re: Just a question

I think most people who own computers , have Internet , telephones , etc..would surely being able to spend the difference for a Vegan pair of shoes compared to Leather .. That would be a very poor excuse .. I think picking the less expensive is not reason enough .. but that wasn't really my question.. I wanted to understand how " physically " you could put on skin or parts from a dead animal and wear it ? I cannot ..and I am curious how some can .. what do they think when they put on a leather jacket or boots knowing what it is ? I want to understand... Some Vegans here say they do and can .. I was hoping someone could explain it ..heartwerk <jo.heartwork wrote:

In the UK vegan shoes are a lot more expensive than leather shoes, possibly twice as expensive.Jo , connie bell <caromiotk wrote:>> I wish to ask a question because I truly do not understand .. so please do not take it as an attack on anyone.. Reference to being Vegan and wearing leather , wool, silk, fur etc .. .... To me once understanding the full impact of where these products originated and how they came to be ... I was totally repulsed at the mere idea of wearing them anywhere against my body .. the notion to wrap a dead cows skin around my feet or your around my body ..you get the idea ..etc etc ... so my question to the ones who can do this ... I understand all about the environment , the landfills, etc, but how do you actually put a product on and wear it without feeling the horror it felt ? I really want to understand and am not judging .. I agree with who ever suggested donating to the homeless as not to waste .. and financially I realize that it could be a burden for some (although I think this is not the case with many perhaps none ) since sneakers, vegan shoes, thrift shops etc..will> easily meet someones needs at little cost ... so for Vegans who can do this ..perhaps you could explain ..if you don't mind .... > > > > Moody friends. Drama queens. Your life? Nope! - their life, your story.> Play Sims Stories at Games.>

Give spam the boot. Take control with tough spam protectionin the all-new Mail Beta.

Guest guest

I think that a lot of people who have vegan shoes can afford to buy new ones but choose to wear them out as they feel that is the least wastefull thing to do, and then buy vegan ones. I think they feel that the damage has already been done. I myself have a leather belt that I still wear, I also have two plastic ones which have not lasted longer than 6 months, the leather one must be about 15 years old by now, and was part of my uniform from work. It doesnt bother me at all, its an individual thing - each to his / her own, I did have a leather jacket which I have not worn for years, I now have a fake leather one. I cant answer for eveyone, as I said we are all ( thankfully ) individuals. The Valley Vegan.............connie bell <caromiotk wrote: I think most people who own computers , have Internet , telephones , etc..would surely being able to spend the difference for a Vegan pair of shoes compared to Leather .. That would be a very poor excuse .. I think picking the less expensive is not reason enough .. but that wasn't really my question.. I wanted to understand how " physically " you could put on skin or parts from a dead animal and wear it ? I cannot ..and I am curious how some can .. what do they think when they put on a leather jacket or boots knowing what it is ? I want to understand... Some Vegans here say they do and can .. I was hoping

someone could explain it ..heartwerk <jo.heartwork > wrote: In the UK vegan shoes are a lot more expensive than leather shoes, possibly twice as expensive.Jo , connie bell <caromiotk wrote:>> I wish to ask a question because I truly do not understand .. so please do not take it as an attack on anyone.. Reference to being Vegan and wearing leather , wool, silk, fur etc .. .... To me once understanding the full impact of where these products originated and how they came to be ... I was totally repulsed at the mere idea of wearing them anywhere against my body .. the notion to wrap a dead cows skin around my feet or your around my body ..you get the

idea ..etc etc ... so my question to the ones who can do this ... I understand all about the environment , the landfills, etc, but how do you actually put a product on and wear it without feeling the horror it felt ? I really want to understand and am not judging .. I agree with who ever suggested donating to the homeless as not to waste .. and financially I realize that it could be a burden for some (although I think this is not the case with many perhaps none ) since sneakers, vegan shoes, thrift shops etc..will> easily meet someones needs at little cost ... so for Vegans who can do this ..perhaps you could explain ..if you don't mind .... > > > > Moody friends. Drama queens. Your life? Nope! - their life, your story.> Play Sims Stories at Games.> Give spam the boot. Take control with tough spam protectionin the all-new Mail Beta. Peter H

Answers - Got a question? Someone out there knows the answer. Try

it now.

Guest guest

Hi connie,

whether someone chooses to wear their old leather or not,

depends on their Grossness factor.

For me, I think of human skin and animals skin on the same

level.

It would be absolutely gross for me to continually

wear my old leather, just as Nazi jewish skin lamps are appalling to

me and would not keep them just to save space in a landfill.

It would depend on how superior one thinks humans are to animals.

But to me both skins are not ok.

I am not really worried about contributing to landfills,

as my four member family creates very little garbage, compare

to other families.

-anouk

-- In , connie bell <caromiotk wrote:

>

> I think most people who own computers , have Internet , telephones ,

etc..would surely being able to spend the difference for a Vegan pair

of shoes compared to Leather .. That would be a very poor excuse ..

I think picking the less expensive is not reason enough .. but that

wasn't really my question.. I wanted to understand how " physically "

you could put on skin or parts from a dead animal and wear it ? I

cannot ..and I am curious how some can .. what do they think when they

put on a leather jacket or boots knowing what it is ? I want to

understand... Some Vegans here say they do and can .. I was hoping

someone could explain it ..

>

> heartwerk <jo.heartwork wrote: In the UK vegan shoes

are a lot more expensive than leather shoes,

> possibly twice as expensive.

>

> Jo

>

> , connie bell <caromiotk@> wrote:

> >

> > I wish to ask a question because I truly do not understand .. so

> please do not take it as an attack on anyone.. Reference to being

> Vegan and wearing leather , wool, silk, fur etc .. .... To me once

> understanding the full impact of where these products originated and

> how they came to be ... I was totally repulsed at the mere idea of

> wearing them anywhere against my body .. the notion to wrap a dead

> cows skin around my feet or your around my body ..you get the

> idea ..etc etc ... so my question to the ones who can do this ... I

> understand all about the environment , the landfills, etc, but how do

> you actually put a product on and wear it without feeling the horror

> it felt ? I really want to understand and am not judging .. I agree

> with who ever suggested donating to the homeless as not to waste ..

> and financially I realize that it could be a burden for some

> (although I think this is not the case with many perhaps none ) since

> sneakers, vegan shoes, thrift shops etc..will

> > easily meet someones needs at little cost ... so for Vegans who

> can do this ..perhaps you could explain ..if you don't mind ....

> >

> >

> >

> > Moody friends. Drama queens. Your life? Nope! - their life, your

> story.

> > Play Sims Stories at Games.

> >

> Give spam the boot. Take control with tough spam protection

> in the all-new Mail Beta.

>