IndiaDivine.org

Deserts / Puds

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

My mother makes us a dessert every sunday for tea. Usually either a fruit crumble, tart or a pudding ( spotted dick, jam sponge etc ) which I usually have with vegan ice cream or custard type dessert ). The Valley Vegan..............heartwerk <jo.heartwork wrote: I made a lovely apple crumble last night. Not very adventurous I know, but we don't make deserts very often, possibly three times a year.Does anyone have desert regularly, and if so, what is your

favourite kind?I would love to have desert every day, but fear I would be twice the size!JoPeter H

New Mail is the ultimate force in competitive emailing. Find out more at the Mail Championships. Plus: play games and win prizes.

Guest guest

we make a pie or something similiar about once a month

lately its been some sort of "cheese" cake...

dang tasty

speaky of desserts...let me forward the interview with the folks from Cafe Grattitude that was on the radio this morning in a minute

heartwerk Jun 18, 2007 11:55 PM Deserts / Puds

I made a lovely apple crumble last night. Not very adventurous I know, but we don't make deserts very often, possibly three times a year.Does anyone have desert regularly, and if so, what is your favourite kind?I would love to have desert every day, but fear I would be twice the size!Jo

When I see the price that you pay

I don't wanna grow up

I don't ever want to be that way

I don't wanna grow up

Seems that folks turn into things

that they never want

Guest guest

Ooooh! you lucky person :-) Maybe I'll start making deserts on Sunday.

Jo

-

Peter VV

Tuesday, June 19, 2007 8:54 AM

Re: Deserts / Puds

My mother makes us a dessert every sunday for tea. Usually either a fruit crumble, tart or a pudding ( spotted dick, jam sponge etc ) which I usually have with vegan ice cream or custard type dessert ).

The Valley Vegan..............heartwerk <jo.heartwork wrote:

I made a lovely apple crumble last night. Not very adventurous I know, but we don't make deserts very often, possibly three times a year.Does anyone have desert regularly, and if so, what is your favourite kind?I would love to have desert every day, but fear I would be twice the size!Jo

Peter H

New Mail is the ultimate force in competitive emailing. Find out more at the Mail Championships. Plus: play games and win prizes.

Guest guest

I haven't tried a cheesecake yet, but I do have the recipes you sent a while ago, and one Peter gave me - so maybe that will be one of my Sunday's deserts.

Jo

-

fraggle

Tuesday, June 19, 2007 4:34 PM

dang tasty

speaky of desserts...let me forward the interview with the folks from Cafe Grattitude that was on the radio this morning in a minute

I don't wanna grow up

I don't wanna grow up

that they never want

Guest guest

let us know how they turn out

:)

actually the very last thing we made were some chocolate coconut cupcakes

jo Jun 19, 2007 11:31 AM Re: Deserts / Puds

I haven't tried a cheesecake yet, but I do have the recipes you sent a while ago, and one Peter gave me - so maybe that will be one of my Sunday's deserts.

Jo

-

fraggle

Tuesday, June 19, 2007 4:34 PM

dang tasty

I made a lovely apple crumble last night. Not very adventurous I know, but we don't make deserts very often, possibly three times a year.Does anyone have desert regularly, and if so, what is your favourite kind?I would love to have desert every day, but fear I would be twice the size!JoWhen I see the price that you pay

I don't wanna grow up

I don't wanna grow up

that they never want

I don't wanna grow up

I don't wanna grow up

that they never want

Guest guest

May have to cut down on the puds, cholestrol test on Thursday.............I`d rather give up the puds than the ale.......... The Valley Vegan..............jo <jo.heartwork wrote: Ooooh! you lucky person :-) Maybe I'll start making deserts on Sunday. Jo - Peter VV Tuesday, June 19, 2007 8:54 AM Re: Deserts / Puds My mother makes us a dessert every sunday for tea. Usually either a fruit crumble, tart or a pudding ( spotted dick, jam sponge etc ) which I usually have with vegan ice cream or custard type dessert ). The Valley Vegan..............heartwerk <jo.heartwork > wrote: I made a lovely apple crumble last night. Not very adventurous I know, but we don't make deserts very often, possibly three times a year.Does anyone have desert regularly, and if so, what is your favourite kind?I would love to have desert every day, but fear I would be twice the size!Jo Peter H New Mail is the ultimate force in competitive emailing. Find out more at the Mail Championships. Plus: play games and win prizes. Peter H

Mail is the world's favourite email. Don't settle for less, sign up for your free

account today.

Guest guest

Never tried the cheesecakes, always seemed so fidly, mashing up tofu etc? The Valley Vegan...........fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote: we make a pie or something similiar about once a month lately its been some sort of "cheese" cake... dang tasty speaky of desserts...let me forward the interview with the folks from Cafe Grattitude that was on the radio this morning in a minute heartwerk Jun 18, 2007 11:55 PM Deserts / Puds I made a lovely apple crumble last night. Not very adventurous I know, but we don't make deserts very often, possibly three times a year.Does anyone have desert regularly, and if so, what is your favourite kind?I would love to have desert every day, but fear I would be twice the size!Jo When I see the price that you pay I don't wanna grow up I don't ever want to be that way I don't wanna grow up Seems that folks turn into things that they never want Peter H

Mail is the world's favourite email. Don't settle for less, sign up for your free

account today.

Guest guest

ok, what the blazes is a pud?

cuz, it has a very different connotation over here

Peter VV Jun 19, 2007 12:17 PM Re: Deserts / Puds

May have to cut down on the puds, cholestrol test on Thursday.............I`d rather give up the puds than the ale..........

The Valley Vegan..............jo <jo.heartwork > wrote:

Ooooh! you lucky person :-) Maybe I'll start making deserts on Sunday.

Jo

-

Peter VV

Tuesday, June 19, 2007 8:54 AM

My mother makes us a dessert every sunday for tea. Usually either a fruit crumble, tart or a pudding ( spotted dick, jam sponge etc ) which I usually have with vegan ice cream or custard type dessert ).

The Valley Vegan..............heartwerk <jo.heartwork > wrote:

Peter H

Peter H

Mail is the world's favourite email. Don't settle for less, sign up for your free account today.

I don't wanna grow up

I don't wanna grow up

that they never want

Guest guest

fidly?

what don't you like about mashing up tofu?

from what i saw, not like there was a lot of tofu over on yer side of the pond as well

Peter VV Jun 19, 2007 12:27 PM Re: Deserts / Puds

Never tried the cheesecakes, always seemed so fidly, mashing up tofu etc?

The Valley Vegan...........fraggle <EBbrewpunx (AT) earthlink (DOT) net> wrote:

dang tasty

I made a lovely apple crumble last night. Not very adventurous I know, but we don't make deserts very often, possibly three times a year.Does anyone have desert regularly, and if so, what is your favourite kind?I would love to have desert every day, but fear I would be twice the size!Jo When I see the price that you pay I don't wanna grow up I don't ever want to be that way I don't wanna grow up Seems that folks turn into things that they never want

Peter H

Mail is the world's favourite email. Don't settle for less, sign up for your free account today.

I don't wanna grow up

I don't wanna grow up

that they never want

Guest guest

exactlty, although you can now get it in supermarkets, couldnt 5 - 10 years ago.. I saw a programme on the telly the other night about a Japanese family who make ramn noodles and tofu fresh every morning and it looked nothing like the commercially produced stuff that I am used to....... The Valley Vegan...........fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote: fidly? what don't you like about mashing up tofu? from what i saw, not like there

was a lot of tofu over on yer side of the pond as well Peter VV Jun 19, 2007 12:27 PM Re: Deserts / Puds Never tried the cheesecakes, always seemed so fidly, mashing up tofu etc? The Valley Vegan...........fraggle <EBbrewpunx (AT) earthlink (DOT) net> wrote: we make a pie or something similiar about once a month lately its been some sort of "cheese" cake... dang tasty speaky of desserts...let me

forward the interview with the folks from Cafe Grattitude that was on the radio this morning in a minute heartwerk Jun 18, 2007 11:55 PM Deserts / Puds I made a lovely apple crumble last night. Not very adventurous I know, but we don't make deserts very often, possibly three times a year.Does anyone have desert regularly, and if so, what is your favourite kind?I would love to have desert every day, but fear I would be twice the size!Jo When I see the price that you pay I don't wanna grow up I don't ever want to be that way I don't wanna grow up Seems that folks turn into things that they never want Peter H Mail is the world's favourite email. Don't settle for less, sign up for your free account today. When I see the price that you pay I don't wanna grow up I don't ever

want to be that way I don't wanna grow up Seems that folks turn into things that they never want Peter H

account today.

Guest guest

whoooooooooooooooooooaaaaaaa there! pud as in pudding! The Valley Vegan............fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote: ok, what the blazes is a pud? cuz, it has a very different connotation over here Peter VV Jun 19, 2007 12:17 PM Re: Deserts

/ Puds May have to cut down on the puds, cholestrol test on Thursday.............I`d rather give up the puds than the ale.......... The Valley Vegan..............jo <jo.heartwork > wrote: Ooooh! you lucky person :-) Maybe I'll start making deserts on Sunday. Jo - Peter VV Tuesday, June 19, 2007 8:54 AM Re: Deserts / Puds My mother makes us a dessert every sunday for tea. Usually either a fruit crumble, tart or a pudding ( spotted dick, jam sponge etc ) which I usually have with vegan ice cream or custard type dessert ). The Valley Vegan..............heartwerk <jo.heartwork > wrote: I made a lovely apple crumble last night. Not very adventurous I know, but we don't make

deserts very often, possibly three times a year.Does anyone have desert regularly, and if so, what is your favourite kind?I would love to have desert every day, but fear I would be twice the size!Jo Peter H New Mail is the ultimate force in competitive emailing. Find out more at the Mail Championships. Plus: play games and win prizes. Peter H

Mail is the world's favourite email. Don't settle for less, sign up for your free account today. When I see the price that you pay I don't wanna grow up I don't ever want to be that way I don't wanna grow up Seems that folks turn into things that they never want Peter H

Answers - Get better answers from someone who knows. Try

it now.

Guest guest

seen a couple programs in just the last 2 weeks on making tofu

tried making tofu a number of years ago, but, considering it's easier to go get a block of organic tofu for $1.50, then to find organic soybeans and then go thru it all, that was as far as we went

Peter VV Jun 19, 2007 12:43 PM Re: Deserts / Puds

exactlty, although you can now get it in supermarkets, couldnt 5 - 10 years ago..

I saw a programme on the telly the other night about a Japanese family who make ramn noodles and tofu fresh every morning and it looked nothing like the commercially produced stuff that I am used to.......

fidly?

what don't you like about mashing up tofu?

from what i saw, not like there was a lot of tofu over on yer side of the pond as well

Peter VV Jun 19, 2007 12:27 PM Re: Deserts / Puds

Never tried the cheesecakes, always seemed so fidly, mashing up tofu etc?

dang tasty

I made a lovely apple crumble last night. Not very adventurous I know, but we don't make deserts very often, possibly three times a year.Does anyone have desert regularly, and if so, what is your favourite kind?I would love to have desert every day, but fear I would be twice the size!Jo When I see the price that you pay I don't wanna grow up I don't ever want to be that way I don't wanna grow up Seems that folks turn into things that they never want

Peter H

Mail is the world's favourite email. Don't settle for less, sign up for your free account today. When I see the price that you pay I don't wanna grow up I don't ever

want to be that way I don't wanna grow up Seems that folks turn into things that they never want

Peter H

I don't wanna grow up

I don't wanna grow up

that they never want

Guest guest

If you have puds only on Sunday you should be okay.

Jo

, Peter VV <swpgh01.t21 wrote:

>

> May have to cut down on the puds, cholestrol test on

Thursday.............I`d rather give up the puds than the

ale..........

>

> The Valley Vegan..............

>

> jo <jo.heartwork wrote:

> Ooooh! you lucky person :-) Maybe I'll start making

deserts on Sunday.

>

> Jo

> -

> Peter VV

>

> Tuesday, June 19, 2007 8:54 AM

> Re: Deserts / Puds

>

>

> My mother makes us a dessert every sunday for tea. Usually either

a fruit crumble, tart or a pudding ( spotted dick, jam sponge etc )

which I usually have with vegan ice cream or custard type dessert ).

>

>

> heartwerk <jo.heartwork wrote:

> I made a lovely apple crumble last night. Not very

adventurous I know,

> but we don't make deserts very often, possibly three times a year.

>

> Does anyone have desert regularly, and if so, what is your

favourite

> kind?

>

> I would love to have desert every day, but fear I would be twice

the

> size!

>

> Jo

Peter H

>

>

>

> New Mail is the ultimate force in competitive emailing.

Find out more at the Mail Championships. Plus: play games and

win prizes.

>

>

>

>

> Peter H

>

>

>

>

> Mail is the world's favourite email. Don't settle for less,

>

Guest guest

A pud is a pudding (i.e. sponge pudding, bread pudding, summer

pudding) - another name for desert.

Jo

ok, what the blazes is a pud?

cuz, it has a very different connotation over here

Guest guest

It's the same making your own soya milk. Making it is quite easy but

cleaning the equipment takes ages!

Jo

seen a couple programs in just the last 2 weeks on making tofu

tried making tofu a number of years ago, but, considering it's easier

to go get a block of organic tofu for $1.50, then to find organic

soybeans and then go thru it all, that was as far as we went

Guest guest

Who needs to mash?! The following chocolate cheesecake recipe is

very quick, requires no mashing and is tasty enough to get my non-

vegan friends asking for seconds...

Cheers,

Matthew

Vegan chocolate cheesecake

==========================

Makes a (roughly) 10 " round cheesecake (enough for 8 people, or 6

very hungry eaters).

Topping

-------

2 tubs Tofutti original flavour " cream cheese "

Juice of 2 large oranges and 1 lemon

100g 70% cocoa plain chocolate

3 tbs maple syrup

Vegan gelling agent (agar agar flakes, vegegel)

Plain chocolate drops (or whatever) to decorate

Base [*]

--------

400g Dairy-free digestives (e.g. Dove's Farm)

6 tbs maple syrup

100g Vegan margarine

You can replace the digestives with oat cakes and/or cornflakes. If

you use oat cakes, up the maple syrup a bit to counter the dryness

and lack of sweetness of the oatcakes. You could also use Golden

Syrup instead of maple syrup.

Method

------

Turn the biscuits into crumbs (a food processor is good here!). For a

wheat free version, partially crushed Rice Crispies sort of works.

Melt the margarine and add the crumbs and maple syrup and stir until

fully mixed. Press the results into a greased (margarined!) 10 " flan

dish and put in the fridge to cool.

Put the chocolate on to melt (in a bowl over a steaming pan of

water). Juice the oranges and lemon and then do whatever your gelling

agent instructs you to do! For agar agar flakes this involves warming

the juice and then sprinkling a couple of teaspoons of flakes over.

While the juice is warming and the chocolate melting, mix together

the maple syrup and Tofutti. The result should be fairly liquid with

a light brown tint; a sort of very thick cream consistency. Add a bit

more maple syrup if this doesn't look right...

Once the chocolate is melted and the juice has had the gelling

agent added and dissolved into it, mix first the juice and then the

chocolate into the cheese mix and stir until thoroughly uniform in

colour. The mixture should now be a lot more solid, though still just

about pourable.

Take the base out of the fridge and (if it's holding together enough)

turn it in the dish to loosen it if it's stuck to the bottom.

Pour the mixture onto the base and level off. Put back in the fridge

to chill and fully solidify. This probably takes a couple of hours.

Decorate shortly before serving.

, Peter VV <swpgh01 wrote:

>

> Never tried the cheesecakes, always seemed so fidly, mashing up

tofu etc?

>

> The Valley Vegan...........

Guest guest

Hi PeterEasiest recipe in the world.... mash up half a pack of Hob-Nobs, mix with a lump of melted soya margarine. Stick a tub of Swedish glace and a pack of Cauldron Tofu into a blender, whizz it up for about 5 mins, throw over the hob-nob base and stick in the oven... what could be easier?

BBPeterOn 19/06/07, Peter VV <swpgh01 wrote:

Never tried the cheesecakes, always seemed so fidly, mashing up tofu etc? The Valley Vegan...........fraggle <

EBbrewpunx wrote: we make a pie or something similiar about once a month

lately its been some sort of " cheese " cake... dang tasty speaky of desserts...let me forward the interview with the folks from Cafe Grattitude that was on the radio this morning in a minute

heartwerk Jun 18, 2007 11:55 PM @gro

ups.com Deserts / Puds

When I see the price that you pay I don't wanna grow up I don't ever want to be that way I don't wanna grow up Seems that folks turn into things that they never want

Peter H

Mail is the world's favourite email. Don't settle for less,

account today.

Guest guest

Dairy-free digestives?

Matthew Faupel Jun 20, 2007 12:37 AM Re: Deserts / Puds

Who needs to mash?! The following chocolate cheesecake recipe is very quick, requires no mashing and is tasty enough to get my non-vegan friends asking for seconds...Cheers,MatthewVegan chocolate cheesecake ========================== Makes a (roughly) 10" round cheesecake (enough for 8 people, or 6 very hungry eaters). Topping ------- 2 tubs Tofutti original flavour "cream cheese" Juice of 2 large oranges and 1 lemon 100g 70% cocoa plain chocolate 3 tbs maple syrup Vegan gelling agent (agar agar flakes, vegegel) Plain chocolate drops (or whatever) to decorate Base [*] -------- 400g Dairy-free digestives (e.g. Dove's Farm) 6 tbs maple syrup 100g Vegan margarine You can replace the digestives with oat cakes and/or cornflakes. If you use oat cakes, up the maple syrup a bit to counter the dryness and lack of sweetness of the oatcakes. You could also use Golden Syrup instead of maple syrup.Method ------ Turn the biscuits into crumbs (a food processor is good here!). For a wheat free version, partially crushed Rice Crispies sort of works. Melt the margarine and add the crumbs and maple syrup and stir until fully mixed. Press the results into a greased (margarined!) 10" flan dish and put in the fridge to cool. Put the chocolate on to melt (in a bowl over a steaming pan of water). Juice the oranges and lemon and then do whatever your gelling agent instructs you to do! For agar agar flakes this involves warming the juice and then sprinkling a couple of teaspoons of flakes over. While the juice is warming and the chocolate melting, mix together the maple syrup and Tofutti. The result should be fairly liquid with a light brown tint; a sort of very thick cream consistency. Add a bit more maple syrup if this doesn't look right... Once the chocolate is melted and the juice has had the gelling agent added and dissolved into it, mix first the juice and then the chocolate into the cheese mix and stir until thoroughly uniform in colour. The mixture should now be a lot more solid, though still just about pourable. Take the base out of the fridge and (if it's holding together enough) turn it in the dish to loosen it if it's stuck to the bottom.Pour the mixture onto the base and level off. Put back in the fridge to chill and fully solidify. This probably takes a couple of hours. Decorate shortly before serving. , Peter VV <swpgh01 wrote:>> Never tried the cheesecakes, always seemed so fidly, mashing up tofu etc?> > The Valley Vegan...........

I don't wanna grow up

I don't wanna grow up

that they never want

Guest guest

which one?

the cupcakes or the cheesecakes?

heartwerk Jun 19, 2007 11:35 PM Re: Deserts / Puds

Hi FraggleDo you have the recipe for that? They sound good.Jo

I don't wanna grow up

I don't wanna grow up

that they never want

Guest guest

Dont you have digestive biscuits ( cookies??) over there? They are wholemeal biscuits. The Valley Vegan............fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote: Dairy-free digestives? Matthew Faupel Jun 20, 2007 12:37 AM Re: Deserts / Puds Who needs to mash?! The following chocolate cheesecake recipe is very quick, requires no mashing and is tasty enough to get my non-vegan friends asking for seconds...Cheers,MatthewVegan chocolate cheesecake ========================== Makes a (roughly) 10" round cheesecake (enough for 8 people, or 6 very hungry eaters). Topping ------- 2 tubs Tofutti original flavour "cream cheese" Juice of 2 large oranges and 1 lemon 100g 70% cocoa plain chocolate 3 tbs maple syrup Vegan gelling agent (agar agar flakes, vegegel) Plain chocolate drops (or whatever) to decorate Base [*] -------- 400g Dairy-free digestives (e.g. Dove's Farm) 6 tbs maple syrup 100g Vegan margarine You can replace the digestives with oat cakes and/or cornflakes. If

you use oat cakes, up the maple syrup a bit to counter the dryness and lack of sweetness of the oatcakes. You could also use Golden Syrup instead of maple syrup.Method ------ Turn the biscuits into crumbs (a food processor is good here!). For a wheat free version, partially crushed Rice Crispies sort of works. Melt the margarine and add the crumbs and maple syrup and stir until fully mixed. Press the results into a greased (margarined!) 10" flan dish and put in the fridge to cool. Put the chocolate on to melt (in a bowl over a steaming pan of water). Juice the oranges and lemon and then do whatever your gelling agent instructs you to do! For agar agar flakes this involves warming the juice and then sprinkling a couple of teaspoons of flakes over. While the juice is warming and the chocolate melting, mix together the maple syrup and Tofutti. The result should be fairly liquid with a

light brown tint; a sort of very thick cream consistency. Add a bit more maple syrup if this doesn't look right... Once the chocolate is melted and the juice has had the gelling agent added and dissolved into it, mix first the juice and then the chocolate into the cheese mix and stir until thoroughly uniform in colour. The mixture should now be a lot more solid, though still just about pourable. Take the base out of the fridge and (if it's holding together enough) turn it in the dish to loosen it if it's stuck to the bottom.Pour the mixture onto the base and level off. Put back in the fridge to chill and fully solidify. This probably takes a couple of hours. Decorate shortly before serving. , Peter VV <swpgh01 wrote:>> Never tried the cheesecakes, always seemed so fidly, mashing

up tofu etc?> > The Valley Vegan........... When I see the price that you pay I don't wanna grow up I don't ever want to be that way I don't wanna grow up Seems that folks turn into things that they never want Peter H

account today.

Guest guest

Sounds too simple!!! are hob nobs still vegan? , I think they used to be very high in saturated fats, and me going for a cholestrol test tomorrow! Sounds like a waste of Swedish Glace to me! The Valley Vegan........Peter Kebbell <metalscarab wrote: Hi PeterEasiest recipe in the world.... mash up half a pack of Hob-Nobs, mix with a lump of melted soya margarine. Stick a tub of Swedish glace and a pack of Cauldron Tofu into a blender, whizz it up for

about 5 mins, throw over the hob-nob base and stick in the oven... what could be easier? BBPeter On 19/06/07, Peter VV <swpgh01 (AT) talk21 (DOT) com> wrote: Never tried the cheesecakes, always seemed so fidly, mashing up tofu etc? The Valley Vegan...........fraggle < EBbrewpunx (AT) earthlink (DOT) net> wrote: we make a pie or something similiar about once a month lately its been some sort of "cheese" cake... dang tasty speaky of desserts...let me forward the interview with the

folks from Cafe Grattitude that was on the radio this morning in a minute heartwerk Jun 18, 2007 11:55 PM @gro ups.com Deserts / Puds I made a lovely apple crumble last night. Not very adventurous I know, but we don't make deserts very often, possibly three times a year.Does anyone have desert regularly, and if so, what is your favourite kind?I would love to have desert every day, but fear I would be twice the size!Jo When I see the price that you pay I don't wanna grow up I

don't ever want to be that way I don't wanna grow up Seems that folks turn into things that they never want Peter H Mail is the world's favourite email. Don't settle for less, sign up for your free account today. Peter H

Answers - Get better answers from someone who knows. Try

it now.

Guest guest

Aaaaaaaaannnnnd a slice of cake a day.............. The Valley Vegan..............heartwerk <jo.heartwork wrote: If you have puds only on Sunday you should be okay.Jo , Peter VV <swpgh01.t21 wrote:>> May have to cut down on the puds, cholestrol test on Thursday.............I`d rather give up the puds than the

ale..........> > The Valley Vegan..............> > jo <jo.heartwork wrote:> Ooooh! you lucky person :-) Maybe I'll start making deserts on Sunday.> > Jo> - > Peter VV > > Tuesday, June 19, 2007 8:54 AM> Re: Deserts / Puds> > > My mother makes us a dessert every sunday for tea. Usually either a fruit crumble, tart or a pudding ( spotted dick, jam sponge etc ) which I usually have with vegan ice cream or custard type dessert ).> > The Valley Vegan..............> > heartwerk <jo.heartwork wrote:> I made a lovely apple crumble last night. Not very adventurous I know, > but we don't make deserts very often, possibly three

times a year.> > Does anyone have desert regularly, and if so, what is your favourite > kind?> > I would love to have desert every day, but fear I would be twice the > size!> > Jo> > > > > > > Peter H > > > > New Mail is the ultimate force in competitive emailing. Find out more at the Mail Championships. Plus: play games and win prizes. > > > > > Peter H > > > > > Mail is the world's favourite email. Don't settle for less, sign up for your freeaccount today.>Peter H

account today.

Guest guest

maybe in the imported food section

sounds like a graham cracker

Peter VV Jun 20, 2007 12:33 PM Re: Re: Deserts / Puds

Dont you have digestive biscuits ( cookies??) over there? They are wholemeal biscuits.

The Valley Vegan............fraggle <EBbrewpunx (AT) earthlink (DOT) net> wrote:

Dairy-free digestives?

Matthew Faupel Jun 20, 2007 12:37 AM Re: Deserts / Puds

Who needs to mash?! The following chocolate cheesecake recipe is very quick, requires no mashing and is tasty enough to get my non-vegan friends asking for seconds...Cheers,MatthewVegan chocolate cheesecake ========================== Makes a (roughly) 10" round cheesecake (enough for 8 people, or 6 very hungry eaters). Topping ------- 2 tubs Tofutti original flavour "cream cheese" Juice of 2 large oranges and 1 lemon 100g 70% cocoa plain chocolate 3 tbs maple syrup Vegan gelling agent (agar agar flakes, vegegel) Plain chocolate drops (or whatever) to decorate Base [*] -------- 400g Dairy-free digestives (e.g. Dove's Farm) 6 tbs maple syrup 100g Vegan margarine You can replace the digestives with oat cakes and/or cornflakes. If you use oat cakes, up the maple syrup a bit to counter the dryness and lack of sweetness of the oatcakes. You could also use Golden Syrup instead of maple syrup.Method ------ Turn the biscuits into crumbs (a food processor is good here!). For a wheat free version, partially crushed Rice Crispies sort of works. Melt the margarine and add the crumbs and maple syrup and stir until fully mixed. Press the results into a greased (margarined!) 10" flan dish and put in the fridge to cool. Put the chocolate on to melt (in a bowl over a steaming pan of water). Juice the oranges and lemon and then do whatever your gelling agent instructs you to do! For agar agar flakes this involves warming the juice and then sprinkling a couple of teaspoons of flakes over. While the juice is warming and the chocolate melting, mix together the maple syrup and Tofutti. The result should be fairly liquid with a light brown tint; a sort of very thick cream consistency. Add a bit more maple syrup if this doesn't look right... Once the chocolate is melted and the juice has had the gelling agent added and dissolved into it, mix first the juice and then the chocolate into the cheese mix and stir until thoroughly uniform in colour. The mixture should now be a lot more solid, though still just about pourable. Take the base out of the fridge and (if it's holding together enough) turn it in the dish to loosen it if it's stuck to the bottom.Pour the mixture onto the base and level off. Put back in the fridge to chill and fully solidify. This probably takes a couple of hours. Decorate shortly before serving. , Peter VV <swpgh01 wrote:>> Never tried the cheesecakes, always seemed so fidly, mashing up tofu etc?> > The Valley Vegan........... When I see the price that you pay I don't wanna grow up I don't ever want to be that way I don't wanna grow up Seems that folks turn into things that they never want

Peter H

I don't wanna grow up

I don't wanna grow up

that they never want

Guest guest

The cupcakes.

Jo

-

fraggle

Wednesday, June 20, 2007 5:28 PM

Re: Re: Deserts / Puds

which one?

the cupcakes or the cheesecakes?

heartwerk Jun 19, 2007 11:35 PM Re: Deserts / Puds

Hi FraggleDo you have the recipe for that? They sound good.Jo

I don't wanna grow up

I don't wanna grow up

that they never want

Guest guest

Aaaahh! Maybe the tests will be fine anyway and you can continue.

Jo

, Peter VV <swpgh01.t21 wrote:

>

> Aaaaaaaaannnnnd a slice of cake a day..............

>

>

> heartwerk <jo.heartwork wrote:

> If you have puds only on Sunday you should be okay.

>

> Jo

>

> , Peter VV <swpgh01.t21@> wrote:

> >

> > May have to cut down on the puds, cholestrol test on

> Thursday.............I`d rather give up the puds than the

> ale..........

> >

> > The Valley Vegan..............

> >

> > jo <jo.heartwork@> wrote:

> > Ooooh! you lucky person :-) Maybe I'll start making

> deserts on Sunday.

> >

> > Jo

> > -

> > Peter VV

> >

> > Tuesday, June 19, 2007 8:54 AM

> > Re: Deserts / Puds

> >

> >

> > My mother makes us a dessert every sunday for tea. Usually either

> a fruit crumble, tart or a pudding ( spotted dick, jam sponge etc )

> which I usually have with vegan ice cream or custard type dessert ).

> >

> > The Valley Vegan..............

> >

> > heartwerk <jo.heartwork@> wrote:

> > I made a lovely apple crumble last night. Not very

> adventurous I know,

> > but we don't make deserts very often, possibly three times a year.

> >

> > Does anyone have desert regularly, and if so, what is your

> favourite

> > kind?

> >

> > I would love to have desert every day, but fear I would be twice

> the

> > size!

> >

> > Jo

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > Peter H

> >

> >

> >

> > New Mail is the ultimate force in competitive emailing.

> Find out more at the Mail Championships. Plus: play games

and

> win prizes.

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > Peter H

> >

> >

> >

> >