IndiaDivine.org

Six months of veganism, 40 pounds of weight loss

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Guest contributor: Joi Ito ( Wikipedia Bio | Blog ) Joi Ito is the CEO of venture capital company Neoteny and chairman of the boards of Creative Commons and Six Apart Japan. He serves on the board of directors of Technorati and Japanese pubisher Pia Corporation. I blogged a decision to become vegan approximately six months ago. I’m happy to say that it was the right decision and that I’ve never been healthier or happier as long as I can remember, and I intend to continue being a vegan. Other than some allergies, I’ve gotten rid every one of half-a-dozen or so chronic conditions, including obesity, fatty liver, high uric acid (gout), heartburn/ulcers/stomach acid, nervous tension, sleeping problems and rising cholesterol. I also have more energy than I’ve ever had. 40 Pound Loss in Four Months I’ve lost 40 pounds or so and have been stable at this weight for about the last two months. Most of the weight fell off during the first few months, and my weight loss has slowed to a basic equilibrium. Other than the slightly scrawny look I have now, I think most people think I look healthier. This

experience is not a scientific experiment. I started exercising almost every day, quit smoking and quit excessive drinking. Each of these things seems to help the other, but I don’t think it’s just the diet. When I started this diet, I thought that it would be a sacrifice and I would be trading good health for less fun. I am happy to say that I enjoy eating as much or more than when I was eating meats and fish. Since going vegan, I’ve really started getting into my garden and my composting. I spend hours and hours in the garden when I’m home. I dream about my garden and my compost and have really internalized the cycle of waste/compost/plants/food. The Circle of Life, Vegan Style Now when I encounter a fresh tomato in a lonely airplane, I get a burst of joy as I imagine where this tomato has been, the soil that it came from and where the soil got the nutrients to allow the tomato to grow. When I eat local vegetables in my travels, I imagine what sort of local farms or hills the veggie came from and enjoy the image of the chain of events before I received it. In addition to the wonderful bursts of taste that I now appreciate much more, I also get the happy feeling of participating in this wonderful natural cycle. Mindfully eating a breakfast plate of grilled veggies and fresh fruits is really a joy. Clearly, your mileage may vary, and I don’t intend to proselytize or be judgmental of those who aren’t vegan. However, if you’ve thought about being a vegan for any reason, I suggest you try it. It isn’t as hard as it sounds.Peter H

Copy addresses and emails from any email account to Mail - quick, easy and free. Do it now...

Guest guest

and here i GAINED 40 lbs in the last three years

blah!

Peter VV Jul 11, 2007 3:02 PM Re: Six months of veganism, 40 pounds of weight loss

Guest contributor: Joi Ito ( Wikipedia Bio | Blog )

Joi Ito is the CEO of venture capital company Neoteny and chairman of the boards of Creative Commons and Six Apart Japan. He serves on the board of directors of Technorati and Japanese pubisher Pia Corporation.

I blogged a decision to become vegan approximately six months ago. IÂ’m happy to say that it was the right decision and that IÂ’ve never been healthier or happier as long as I can remember, and I intend to continue being a vegan.

Other than some allergies, IÂ’ve gotten rid every one of half-a-dozen or so chronic conditions, including obesity, fatty liver, high uric acid (gout), heartburn/ulcers/stomach acid, nervous tension, sleeping problems and rising cholesterol. I also have more energy than IÂ’ve ever had.

40 Pound Loss in Four Months

IÂ’ve lost 40 pounds or so and have been stable at this weight for about the last two months. Most of the weight fell off during the first few months, and my weight loss has slowed to a basic equilibrium. Other than the slightly scrawny look I have now, I think most people think I look healthier.

This experience is not a scientific experiment. I started exercising almost every day, quit smoking and quit excessive drinking. Each of these things seems to help the other, but I donÂ’t think itÂ’s just the diet.

When I started this diet, I thought that it would be a sacrifice and I would be trading good health for less fun. I am happy to say that I enjoy eating as much or more than when I was eating meats and fish. Since going vegan, IÂ’ve really started getting into my garden and my composting. I spend hours and hours in the garden when IÂ’m home. I dream about my garden and my compost and have really internalized the cycle of waste/compost/plants/food.

The Circle of Life, Vegan Style

Now when I encounter a fresh tomato in a lonely airplane, I get a burst of joy as I imagine where this tomato has been, the soil that it came from and where the soil got the nutrients to allow the tomato to grow.

When I eat local vegetables in my travels, I imagine what sort of local farms or hills the veggie came from and enjoy the image of the chain of events before I received it.

In addition to the wonderful bursts of taste that I now appreciate much more, I also get the happy feeling of participating in this wonderful natural cycle. Mindfully eating a breakfast plate of grilled veggies and fresh fruits is really a joy.

Clearly, your mileage may vary, and I donÂ’t intend to proselytize or be judgmental of those who arenÂ’t vegan. However, if youÂ’ve thought about being a vegan for any reason, I suggest you try it. It isnÂ’t as hard as it sounds.

Peter H

Copy addresses and emails from any email account to Mail - quick, easy and free. Do it now...

When I see the price that you pay

I don't wanna grow up

I don't ever want to be that way

I don't wanna grow up

Seems that folks turn into things

that they never want

Guest guest

One word for you .............. BEERfraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote: and here i GAINED 40 lbs in the last three years blah! Peter VV Jul 11, 2007 3:02 PM Re: Six months of veganism, 40 pounds of

weight loss Guest contributor: Joi Ito ( Wikipedia Bio | Blog ) Joi Ito is the CEO of venture capital company Neoteny and chairman of the boards of Creative Commons and Six Apart Japan. He serves on the board of directors of Technorati and Japanese pubisher Pia Corporation. I blogged a decision to become vegan approximately six months ago. I’m happy to say that it was the right decision and that I’ve never been healthier or happier as long as I can remember, and I intend to continue being a vegan. Other than some allergies, I’ve gotten rid every one of half-a-dozen or so chronic conditions, including obesity, fatty liver, high uric acid (gout), heartburn/ulcers/stomach acid, nervous tension, sleeping problems and rising cholesterol. I also have more energy than I’ve ever had. 40 Pound Loss in Four Months I’ve lost 40 pounds or so and have been stable at this weight for about the last two months. Most of the weight fell off during the first few months, and my weight loss has slowed to a basic equilibrium. Other than the slightly scrawny look I have now, I think most

people think I look healthier. This experience is not a scientific experiment. I started exercising almost every day, quit smoking and quit excessive drinking. Each of these things seems to help the other, but I don’t think it’s just the diet. When I started this diet, I thought that it would be a sacrifice and I would be trading good health for less fun. I am happy to say that I enjoy eating as much or more than when I was eating meats and fish. Since going vegan, I’ve really started getting into my garden and my composting. I spend hours and hours in the garden when I’m home. I dream about my garden and my compost and have really internalized the cycle of waste/compost/plants/food. The Circle of Life, Vegan Style Now when I encounter a fresh tomato in a lonely airplane, I get a burst of joy as I imagine where

this tomato has been, the soil that it came from and where the soil got the nutrients to allow the tomato to grow. When I eat local vegetables in my travels, I imagine what sort of local farms or hills the veggie came from and enjoy the image of the chain of events before I received it. In addition to the wonderful bursts of taste that I now appreciate much more, I also get the happy feeling of participating in this wonderful natural cycle. Mindfully eating a breakfast plate of grilled veggies and fresh fruits is really a joy. Clearly, your mileage may vary, and I don’t intend to proselytize or be judgmental of those who aren’t vegan. However, if you’ve thought about being a vegan for any reason, I suggest you try it. It isn’t as hard as it sounds. Peter H Copy addresses and emails from any email account to Mail - quick, easy and free. Do it now... When I see the price that you pay I don't wanna grow up I don't ever want to be that way I don't wanna grow up Seems that folks turn into things that they never want Peter H

What kind of emailer are you? Find out today - get a free analysis of your email personality. Take the quiz at the Mail Championship.

Guest guest

no....

i drank MUCH more in years past sonny...

the last couple years its gone down if anything.

its driving a desk for three years

Peter VV Jul 11, 2007 4:21 PM Re: Six months of veganism, 40 pounds of weight loss

One word for you ..............

BEERfraggle <EBbrewpunx (AT) earthlink (DOT) net> wrote:

blah!

Peter VV Jul 11, 2007 3:02 PM Re: Six months of veganism, 40 pounds of weight loss

Guest contributor: Joi Ito ( Wikipedia Bio | Blog )

Joi Ito is the CEO of venture capital company Neoteny and chairman of the boards of Creative Commons and Six Apart Japan. He serves on the board of directors of Technorati and Japanese pubisher Pia Corporation.

I blogged a decision to become vegan approximately six months ago. IÂ’m happy to say that it was the right decision and that IÂ’ve never been healthier or happier as long as I can remember, and I intend to continue being a vegan.

Other than some allergies, IÂ’ve gotten rid every one of half-a-dozen or so chronic conditions, including obesity, fatty liver, high uric acid (gout), heartburn/ulcers/stomach acid, nervous tension, sleeping problems and rising cholesterol. I also have more energy than IÂ’ve ever had.

40 Pound Loss in Four Months

IÂ’ve lost 40 pounds or so and have been stable at this weight for about the last two months. Most of the weight fell off during the first few months, and my weight loss has slowed to a basic equilibrium. Other than the slightly scrawny look I have now, I think most people think I look healthier.

This experience is not a scientific experiment. I started exercising almost every day, quit smoking and quit excessive drinking. Each of these things seems to help the other, but I donÂ’t think itÂ’s just the diet.

When I started this diet, I thought that it would be a sacrifice and I would be trading good health for less fun. I am happy to say that I enjoy eating as much or more than when I was eating meats and fish. Since going vegan, IÂ’ve really started getting into my garden and my composting. I spend hours and hours in the garden when IÂ’m home. I dream about my garden and my compost and have really internalized the cycle of waste/compost/plants/food.

The Circle of Life, Vegan Style

Now when I encounter a fresh tomato in a lonely airplane, I get a burst of joy as I imagine where this tomato has been, the soil that it came from and where the soil got the nutrients to allow the tomato to grow.

When I eat local vegetables in my travels, I imagine what sort of local farms or hills the veggie came from and enjoy the image of the chain of events before I received it.

In addition to the wonderful bursts of taste that I now appreciate much more, I also get the happy feeling of participating in this wonderful natural cycle. Mindfully eating a breakfast plate of grilled veggies and fresh fruits is really a joy.

Clearly, your mileage may vary, and I donÂ’t intend to proselytize or be judgmental of those who arenÂ’t vegan. However, if youÂ’ve thought about being a vegan for any reason, I suggest you try it. It isnÂ’t as hard as it sounds.

Peter H

Copy addresses and emails from any email account to Mail - quick, easy and free. Do it now... When I see the price that you pay I don't wanna grow up I don't ever want to be that way I don't wanna grow up Seems that folks turn into things that they never want

Peter H

What kind of emailer are you? Find out today - get a free analysis of your email personality. Take the quiz at the Mail Championship.

When I see the price that you pay

I don't wanna grow up

I don't ever want to be that way

I don't wanna grow up

Seems that folks turn into things

that they never want

Guest guest

LOL! That's because vegan food is delicious :-)

Jo

Re: Six months of veganism, 40 pounds of weight loss

blah!

Guest guest

Office work is very unhealthy. I've put on a couple of stone over the

last ten years that I've worked in an office. It's bad for posture,

circulation etc.

Jo

Re: Six months of veganism, 40 pounds of weight loss

no....

i drank MUCH more in years past sonny...

the last couple years its gone down if anything.

its driving a desk for three years

Guest guest

[[

Office work is very unhealthy. I've put on a couple of stone over the

last ten years that I've worked in an office. It's bad for posture,

circulation etc.

]]

Interesting point. In the US, your employer pays your medical insurance (if

you're lucky) so you would think they would care about this. I used to work

for a health care insurance firm and they did offer a high-fiber vegan

option in the cafeteria--but it was only one option. It wasn't subsidized

and it wasn't cheap.

Guest guest

Yeah, my office also has a one vegan option in the cafeteria -

otherwise known as the salad bar! Although, half the choices on the

salad bar aren't vegetarian at all, let alone vegan (eggs, ham,

etc)...

That's why I brown-bag it...

, " Oom Yaaqub " <oomyaaqub

wrote:

>

> [[

>

> Office work is very unhealthy. I've put on a couple of stone over

the

> last ten years that I've worked in an office. It's bad for posture,

> circulation etc.

> ]]

>

> Interesting point. In the US, your employer pays your medical

insurance (if

> you're lucky) so you would think they would care about this. I

used to work

> for a health care insurance firm and they did offer a high-fiber

vegan

> option in the cafeteria--but it was only one option. It wasn't

subsidized

> and it wasn't cheap.

>

Guest guest

great job, keep up the good work... jmaine37 <zuzu37 wrote: Yeah, my office also has a one vegan option in the cafeteria - otherwise known as the salad bar! Although, half the choices on the salad bar aren't vegetarian at all, let alone vegan (eggs, ham, etc)...That's why I brown-bag it... , "Oom Yaaqub" <oomyaaqub wrote:>> [[> > Office work is very

unhealthy. I've put on a couple of stone over the> last ten years that I've worked in an office. It's bad for posture,> circulation etc.> ]]> > Interesting point. In the US, your employer pays your medical insurance (if > you're lucky) so you would think they would care about this. I used to work > for a health care insurance firm and they did offer a high-fiber vegan > option in the cafeteria--but it was only one option. It wasn't subsidized > and it wasn't cheap.>- Jared M. Rose Let Food Be Thy Medicine, Hippocrates (460-377 B.C.)

Get the free toolbar and rest assured with the added security of spyware protection.

Guest guest

You gotta face it, youve hit that age now where its all down hill from here, spare tyre or two, hairs growing like mad in nose & ears, etc, etc.................. ha,ha.fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote: no.... i drank MUCH more in years past sonny... the last couple years its gone down if anything. its driving a desk for three years -----Original

Message----- Peter VV Jul 11, 2007 4:21 PM Re: Six months of veganism, 40 pounds of weight loss One word for you .............. BEERfraggle <EBbrewpunx (AT) earthlink (DOT) net> wrote: and here i GAINED 40 lbs in the last three years blah! Peter VV Jul 11, 2007 3:02 PM Re:

Six months of veganism, 40 pounds of weight loss Guest contributor: Joi Ito ( Wikipedia Bio | Blog ) Joi Ito is the CEO of venture capital company Neoteny and chairman of the boards of Creative Commons and Six Apart Japan. He serves on the board of directors of Technorati and Japanese pubisher Pia Corporation. I blogged a decision to become vegan approximately six months ago. I’m happy to say that it was the right decision and that I’ve never been healthier or happier as long as I can remember, and I intend to continue being a vegan. Other than some allergies, I’ve gotten rid every one of half-a-dozen or so chronic conditions, including obesity, fatty liver, high uric acid (gout), heartburn/ulcers/stomach acid, nervous tension, sleeping problems and rising cholesterol. I also have more energy than I’ve ever had. 40 Pound Loss in Four Months I’ve lost 40 pounds or so and have been stable at this weight for about the last two months. Most of the weight fell off during the first few months, and my weight loss has slowed to a basic equilibrium. Other than the slightly scrawny

look I have now, I think most people think I look healthier. This experience is not a scientific experiment. I started exercising almost every day, quit smoking and quit excessive drinking. Each of these things seems to help the other, but I don’t think it’s just the diet. When I started this diet, I thought that it would be a sacrifice and I would be trading good health for less fun. I am happy to say that I enjoy eating as much or more than when I was eating meats and fish. Since going vegan, I’ve really started getting into my garden and my composting. I spend hours and hours in the garden when I’m home. I dream about my garden and my compost and have really internalized the cycle of waste/compost/plants/food. The Circle of Life, Vegan Style Now when I encounter a fresh tomato in a lonely airplane, I get a

burst of joy as I imagine where this tomato has been, the soil that it came from and where the soil got the nutrients to allow the tomato to grow. When I eat local vegetables in my travels, I imagine what sort of local farms or hills the veggie came from and enjoy the image of the chain of events before I received it. In addition to the wonderful bursts of taste that I now appreciate much more, I also get the happy feeling of participating in this wonderful natural cycle. Mindfully eating a breakfast plate of grilled veggies and fresh fruits is really a joy. Clearly, your mileage may vary, and I don’t intend to proselytize or be judgmental of those who aren’t vegan. However, if you’ve thought about being a vegan for any reason, I suggest you try it. It isn’t as hard as it sounds. Peter H Copy addresses and emails from any email account to Mail - quick, easy and free. Do it now... When I see the price that you pay I don't wanna grow up I don't ever want to be that way I don't wanna grow up Seems that folks turn into things that they never want Peter H What kind of emailer are you? Find out today - get a free analysis of your email personality. Take the quiz at the Mail Championship. When I see the price that you pay I don't wanna grow up I don't ever want to be that way I don't wanna grow up Seems that folks turn into things that they never want Peter H

New Mail is the ultimate force in competitive emailing. Find out more at the Mail Championships. Plus: play games and win prizes.