IndiaDivine.org

Sandwich fillings

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi all

On another list people have been discussing their favourite sandwich

fillings.

I think my favourite is hummus and cucumber. Any other ideas?

Jo

---

Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.

Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).

Version: 6.0.313 / Virus Database: 174 - Release 02/01/02

Houmous, tomato and Sainsbury's or Tesco's sweet salad - mix of lettuce,

carrot strips & cress. Or peanut butter & salad & onion. And garlic

fake-mayo on both. Yum! Must go get a snack...

Cheers

Viv

" You'll Never Walk Alone with a Basenji "

www.veganvillage.co.uk

www.vegansociety.com

http://VEGAN-info.com/index.htm

Jo [Heartwork]

Monday, February 04, 2002 11:03 PM

Sandwich fillings

Hi all

On another list people have been discussing their favourite sandwich

fillings.

I think my favourite is hummus and cucumber. Any other ideas?

Jo

---

Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.

Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).

Version: 6.0.313 / Virus Database: 174 - Release 02/01/02

To send an email to -

I don't eat sandwiches very often now (can't remember the last time I ate

bread!) but when I do eat cooked, then my favourite is definitely humous and

salad. ;-) Devine! I think Ian likes tahini in his sandwiches, but no

doubt he'll answer that one himself! LOL!

Janey

x

> Hi all

>

> On another list people have been discussing their favourite sandwich

> fillings.

>

> I think my favourite is hummus and cucumber. Any other ideas?

>

> Jo

>

Viv,

You've even got a rawfoodie like me drooling now! LOL! Mind you in this

awful weather, I've been having more cooked than raw vegan food. No doubt

I'll be stronger in the summer - or when people aren't discussing humous

sandwiches around me!!!!!!

Mmmmmmm, where did I hide that peanut butter to?!

Janey

x

> Houmous, tomato and Sainsbury's or Tesco's sweet salad - mix of lettuce,

> carrot strips & cress. Or peanut butter & salad & onion. And garlic

> fake-mayo on both. Yum! Must go get a snack...

>

> Cheers

>

> Viv

Janey wrote:

>

> I don't eat sandwiches very often now (can't remember the last time I ate

> bread!) but when I do eat cooked, then my favourite is definitely humous and

> salad. ;-) Devine! I think Ian likes tahini in his sandwiches, but no

> doubt he'll answer that one himself! LOL!

>

> Janey

> x

*prods tentatively*

It's safe here?

Tahini and lettuce. My staple sandwich :).

--

Ian McDonald

http://www.mcdonald.me.uk/

Excellent !!!! Let me in on your secret, Cathy, ----No money tho' but the need is great

Angie

-

Cathy Jupp (BR)

Tuesday, February 05, 2002 7:54 AM

Re: Sandwich fillings

!

It's early days yet, but I *think* I may have cracked the obesity/inability to diet problem. At least for myself, tho' if it works for me.... I don't want to say too much at the moment, beacause it's early days yet (started 5 weeks ago and as of this morning, 8lbs gone) plus if it really does work then I might cash in on it - plenty of other people have and at least my way's vegan and if it is the breakthrough (at least for me) that it seems to be, then if I can make money from it then SHAC and about a hundred other causes close to my heart can be supported in the style I think they deserve.

At very least I am reducing my risk of breast cancer and diabetes!

Cheers

Cathy

-

Viv Or peanut butter & salad & onion. And garlicfake-mayo To send an email to -

Hi Cathy

Wow! Sounds like your diet is going well. I think different diets work for different people. When I was overweight (after nine years on a vegetarian diet full of saturated fat from cheese etc) I tried Weight Watchers. I did lose some weight but I was miserable the whole time! Then I discovered Slimming World who have the *Green Plan* which is designed for vegetarians and vegans and the weight just fell off, even though you can eat loads - as much potatoes, pasta and rice in a day as you can manage - so therefore never a hungry moment unlike a lot of diets especially if you are limited to a certain number of points a day. For me, heathly eating is the key, but maybe that's not the case for everyone and now I eat a lot of fruits and salads. Good for you for finding something that *works*. I wish you lots of weight loss (esp. for the summer!!!).

Love

Janey

x

It's early days yet, but I *think* I may have cracked the obesity/inability to diet problem. At least for myself, tho' if it works for me.... I don't want to say too much at the moment, beacause it's early days yet (started 5 weeks ago and as of this morning, 8lbs gone) plus if it really does work then I might cash in on it - plenty of other people have and at least my way's vegan and if it is the breakthrough (at least for me) that it seems to be, then if I can make money from it then SHAC and about a hundred other causes close to my heart can be supported in the style I think they deserve.

Cathy

Weightwatchers and Slimming World are not for me - apart from anything else I can't stand the meetings. They are very meat and fish oriented. Particularly annoying is that SW have about fifty different diets for people who like to snack, people who like to cook, people who like to feast then fast, etc, etc, pluse ONE veggie diet and as a special treat, ONE vegan diet. How about the vegan who like to feast & fast, eat snacks, or cook gourmet meals? Tough! If you're a vegan, be grateful you've got a choice of one!

I'm so stroppy these days.

Anyway, it seems to be working for me, so fingers crossed. You are very lucky that you enjoy a way of eating that guarantees a sveldt figure. Come October or so, I may even be able to see my toes!

Cheers

Cathy

-

Janey

Tuesday, February 05, 2002 10:41 AM

Hi Cathy

Wow! Sounds like your diet is going well. I think different diets work for different people. When I was overweight (after nine years on a vegetarian diet full of saturated fat from cheese etc) I tried Weight Watchers. I did lose some weight but I was miserable the whole time! Then I discovered Slimming World who have the *Green Plan* which is designed for vegetarians and vegans and the weight just fell off, even though you can eat loads - as much potatoes, pasta and rice in a day as you can manage - so therefore never a hungry moment unlike a lot of diets especially if you are limited to a certain number of points a day. For me, heathly eating is the key, but maybe that's not the case for everyone and now I eat a lot of fruits and salads. Good for you for finding something that *works*. I wish you lots of weight loss (esp. for the summer!!!).

Love

Janey

x

Cathy

To send an email to -

I only went to three Slimming World meetings. I invested in my own scales.

There is no set *eating plan*. Just about six pages of *free food*. These foods you can eat all day long - literally as much as you like. A whole sack of potatoes if you want!!! If you wanted to make vegan mashed potato, you could use the soya milk from your daily allowance, and count the vegan butter as one of your sins. It literally is that easy. Say you wanted baked beans in a jacket potato for dinner. Its a *free* meal. Baked beans are also on the free list. Its such an easy diet to do. I felt like you that I didn't want to be part of the meetings, so I joined, got the book (which is FANTASTIC) and then did it alone. They have their own website which helps.

Anyway, if you've found something that works then good for you. For me Slimming World was the key and from there I've gone on to a high raw diet. I'm 2 1/2 stone lighter than I was last May. :)

Janey

x

-

Cathy Jupp (BR)

Tuesday, February 05, 2002 10:52 AM

Weightwatchers and Slimming World are not for me - apart from anything else I can't stand the meetings. They are very meat and fish oriented. Particularly annoying is that SW have about fifty different diets for people who like to snack, people who like to cook, people who like to feast then fast, etc, etc, pluse ONE veggie diet and as a special treat, ONE vegan diet. How about the vegan who like to feast & fast, eat snacks, or cook gourmet meals? Tough! If you're a vegan, be grateful you've got a choice of one!

I'm so stroppy these days.

Anyway, it seems to be working for me, so fingers crossed. You are very lucky that you enjoy a way of eating that guarantees a sveldt figure. Come October or so, I may even be able to see my toes!

Cheers

Cathy

-

Janey

Tuesday, February 05, 2002 10:41 AM

Hi Cathy

Love

Janey

x

Cathy

To send an email to -

Have just found a fantastic vegan chocolate spread and a scrummy carob and hazelnut spread so just to be really childish have to say chocolate spread sandwich (better on hot toast as it melts slightly). Mmmmm.....

From

Shelloid

(the chocoholic)

-

Jo

Monday, February 04, 2002 11:03 PM

Sandwich fillings

Hi allOn another list people have been discussing their favourite sandwichfillings.I think my favourite is hummus and cucumber. Any other ideas?Jo---Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com)Version: 6.0.313 / Virus Database: 174 - Release 02/01/02To send an email to -