IndiaDivine.org

vegan friendly shoes

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Dear Dr PC

At the end of the day you will take your veganism as far as is comfortable for you, just like the rest of us. And nobody can *prove* that any theoretical person will behave in any given way. But I think that you ought to speak to that nice Mr Big with whom you work so closely because we had a conversation on that went something like this:

Mr Big posted:

> MrLeatherShop: Oh we have sold another pair of leather shoes, send more > cows.> MrCharityShop: Oh we have sold another pair of leather shoes, lets buy> some > kiddies a bowl of rice.

and in reply I said:

MrMeatEatingShopper: Good afternoon MrCharityShop. Do you have a pair ofleather shoes I can buy?MrCharityShop: I did have, Mr MeatEatingShopper, but some pesky vegan justbought them.MrMeatEatingShopper: Darn. I shall just have to go and buy some fromMrLeatherShop.MrLeatherShop: Oh we have sold another pair of leather shoes, send morecows.

Then that really lovely Mr Big said:

I never thought of that. um....damn!!

Then a day or twolater he said:

ok..i give in, I will try some vegan DM's with my next shoe purpose. ok?MrBigFeetthus making my day! I'm sure if you speak to him nicely he'll explain his reasons for changing his mind in the face of polite and reasoned debate. I am a little shocked though that as your employer he provides you with a leather chair to sit upon. I'm sure that if you examine it closely you'll find that it is really fake cow. He really is such a very nice man!

Cathy

-

pctalking

Tuesday, February 12, 2002 7:25 PM

Re: vegan friendly shoes

OK Then, prove to me that someone who walks into a charity shop to buy the scruffy £2 shoes that I just got will go off and buy a brand new pair somewhere else??I'm on the edge of my leather chair!DrP.C.Talking, "Peter" <Snowbow@b...> wrote:> Dr PC> > > Slightly more constructive critique than Adam's...and I take on > > board your comments....but I'm certainly not convinced by your "next > > customer theory", and frankly I've more important things to do than > > split hairs over an issue that you have obviously researched for > > about 10 seconds. > > Try 18 years indirect experience.> > BB> Peter> > > ---> Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.> Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).> Version: 6.0.323 / Virus Database: 180 - Release 08/02/02To send an email to -

What a splendid reply.

Although quite frankly, I have no idea what you are talking about.

Dr P.C.Talking

, " Cathy Jupp (BR) " <cjbr@s...> wrote:

> Dear Dr PC

But I think that you ought to speak to that nice Mr Big with whom

you work so closely because we had a conversation on that

went something like this:

>

> Mr Big posted:

>

> > MrLeatherShop: Oh we have sold another pair of leather shoes,

No need to hang your head we may all try to buy veganfood but we are not all in agreement over other things Some people on here argue for the sake of it .

I tend to buy cheap shoes cos we can't get every issue right all the time but then I no longer eat chocolate and always boycott Nestle'. We just do our best once we are made aware of things .

I have only just found out that soya milk is made in the equipment previously used for cows milk

Angie

-

shelloid

Wednesday, February 13, 2002 9:52 PM

Re: vegan friendly shoes

I have to apologise about the heated discussion that is going on at the moment about vegan shoes as I seem to be the person who started it (albeit unintentionally).

Yes, I admit that I did suggest a cheap shoe shop in the search for non-leather, possibly vegan, shoes. I also understand that often these shoes are made in sweat shops. However I do not know how the people on this group shop in regards to this sort of thing. I have known vegans in the past that have been happy to shop this way as long as the shoes are vegan. Its not some thing I would do myself, but then nor would I buy second hand leather shoes, I was just offering advice on where to buy vegan shoes. (the post stated vegan shoes but there was no mention of other issues)

I apologise to all and hang my head in shame!

ShelloidTo send an email to -

I have to apologise about the heated discussion that is going on at the moment about vegan shoes as I seem to be the person who started it (albeit unintentionally).

Yes, I admit that I did suggest a cheap shoe shop in the search for non-leather, possibly vegan, shoes. I also understand that often these shoes are made in sweat shops. However I do not know how the people on this group shop in regards to this sort of thing. I have known vegans in the past that have been happy to shop this way as long as the shoes are vegan. Its not some thing I would do myself, but then nor would I buy second hand leather shoes, I was just offering advice on where to buy vegan shoes. (the post stated vegan shoes but there was no mention of other issues)

I apologise to all and hang my head in shame!

Shelloid

why are u apologizing?

i've missed most of the discussion, but, that is wot this whole site is about

isn't it? discussion!!??!!!

fraggle

" shelloid " <shelloid wrote:

>I have to apologise about the heated discussion that is going on at the moment

about vegan shoes as I seem to be the person who started it (albeit

unintentionally).

>Yes, I admit that I did suggest a cheap shoe shop in the search for

non-leather, possibly vegan, shoes. I also understand that often these shoes are

made in sweat shops. However I do not know how the people on this group shop in

regards to this sort of thing. I have known vegans in the past that have been

happy to shop this way as long as the shoes are vegan. Its not some thing I

would do myself, but then nor would I buy second hand leather shoes, I was just

offering advice on where to buy vegan shoes. (the post stated vegan shoes but

there was no mention of other issues)

>I apologise to all and hang my head in shame!

>Shelloid

>

Hi Shelloid

> I have to apologise about the heated discussion that is going on at the moment about vegan shoes as I seem to be the person

> who started it (albeit unintentionally).

Don't apologise - you've as much right to express your views as anyone else :-)

BB

Peter

---Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).Version: 6.0.323 / Virus Database: 180 - Release 08/02/02

Shelloid

>I apologise to all and hang my head in shame!

No need - it was a perfectly valid question. It is a difficult question. I buy fairtrade when I can, but there must be many things we all buy that are produced by people who are exploited. When I eventually get to be a pensioner (hopefully) I may not be able to afford fairtrade, so I do what I can while I can.

Jo

---Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).Version: 6.0.323 / Virus Database: 180 - Release 08/02/02