IndiaDivine.org

Campaign to provide Soya milk provided everywhere where there is cow secretion provided - one little thing vegan parents can do

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I just started going with Lucy to the local mothers and toddlers group, and

sure enough they did not have soya milk for teas and coffees, so I have

decided to instead of taking just my own in a little bottle and keeping it

to myself, which really never had any effect on anyone else's consciousness

before, I will next week take a whole small carton, use a drop and leave it

out open next to the cow secretion, to make it clear that they can all try

it if they want. It will be interesting to see if anyone is open-minded.

Maybe more vegan mums going to these groups with their babies and toddlers

should try this, because in my experience when my others were little, the

organisers never provide it even if you are a regular. They are usually too

thoughtless to consider non-dairy users, even though many non-vegans have

dairy intolerance, and I am so fed up of being treated second class for

being vegan so it's time we tried harder to get the message across.

Lesley

Lesley

That's a good idea.

I hope you have better luck than us last night. We took a cake, Lemon

Explosion, that I made to our local moot. When Peter said it was vegan,

people said - can't eat that!

Jo

--

" All truth passes through 3 stages.

First, it is ridiculed.

Second, it is violently opposed.

Third, it is accepted as being self-evident. "

- Arthur Schopenhauer

-

" Lesley Dove " <Lesley

; <EthicalVegans >;

Tuesday, February 26, 2002 4:52 PM

Campaign to provide Soya milk provided everywhere

where there is cow secretion provided - one little thing vegan parents can

do

>

> I just started going with Lucy to the local mothers and toddlers group,

and

> sure enough they did not have soya milk for teas and coffees, so I have

> decided to instead of taking just my own in a little bottle and keeping it

> to myself, which really never had any effect on anyone else's

consciousness

> before, I will next week take a whole small carton, use a drop and leave

it

> out open next to the cow secretion, to make it clear that they can all try

> it if they want. It will be interesting to see if anyone is open-minded.

> Maybe more vegan mums going to these groups with their babies and toddlers

> should try this, because in my experience when my others were little, the

> organisers never provide it even if you are a regular. They are usually

too

> thoughtless to consider non-dairy users, even though many non-vegans have

> dairy intolerance, and I am so fed up of being treated second class for

> being vegan so it's time we tried harder to get the message across.

>

> Lesley

>

>

>

> To send an email to -

>

>

Why? I fail to understand people sometimes. Why couldn't they eat your

cake??????

I keep my soya milk in the fridge at work. Last week when I was making a

cup of tea and poured some soya milk out, one of the solicitors said *yuck*

as if I was pouring something from the sewers into my tea. I just glared at

him. His remark wasn't worthy of a reply. How rude! What was so *yuck*

about a liquid that was exactly the same colour as the milk he was pouring?

The carton.

Anyway, I think its a good idea to try and bring products whether it be soya

milk or vegan cake or whatever to events/functions. There's always the

chance that one person might try it and like it. Its a case of sowing the

first seed.

Janey

x

Lesley

>

> That's a good idea.

>

> I hope you have better luck than us last night. We took a cake, Lemon

> Explosion, that I made to our local moot. When Peter said it was vegan,

> people said - can't eat that!

>

> Jo

>

>

I can only say these people must be total idiots and probably not worth bothering with, if they have that attitude. I suppose they don't eat fruit or veg either then?!

Lesley

Jo [Heartwork]26 February 2002 19:32 Subject: Re: Campaign to provide Soya milk provided everywhere where there is cow secretion provided - one little thing vegan parents can doLesleyThat's a good idea.I hope you have better luck than us last night. We took a cake, LemonExplosion, that I made to our local moot. When Peter said it was vegan,people said - can't eat that!Jo--"All truth passes through 3 stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident." - Arthur Schopenhauer-"Lesley Dove" <Lesley; <EthicalVegans >;Tuesday, February 26, 2002 4:52 PM Campaign to provide Soya milk provided everywherewhere there is cow secretion provided - one little thing vegan parents cando>> I just started going with Lucy to the local mothers and toddlers group,and> sure enough they did not have soya milk for teas and coffees, so I have> decided to instead of taking just my own in a little bottle and keeping it> to myself, which really never had any effect on anyone else'sconsciousness> before, I will next week take a whole small carton, use a drop and leaveit> out open next to the cow secretion, to make it clear that they can all try> it if they want. It will be interesting to see if anyone is open-minded.> Maybe more vegan mums going to these groups with their babies and toddlers> should try this, because in my experience when my others were little, the> organisers never provide it even if you are a regular. They are usuallytoo> thoughtless to consider non-dairy users, even though many non-vegans have> dairy intolerance, and I am so fed up of being treated second class for> being vegan so it's time we tried harder to get the message across.>> Lesley>>>> To send an email to - >>

I would have given him a piece of my mind and said yuck back whenever he used cows milk or ate other animal products, if I were you. Most of the time we vegans are far too polite, but it's not worth it with such people as that.

I am polite initially in real life with animal eaters, but if they are rude I'm not always polite back.

Lesley

Janey [jane.cuming]26 February 2002 20:12 Subject: Re: Campaign to provide Soya milk provided everywhere where there is cow secretion provided - one little thing vegan parents can doWhy? I fail to understand people sometimes. Why couldn't they eat yourcake??????I keep my soya milk in the fridge at work. Last week when I was making acup of tea and poured some soya milk out, one of the solicitors said *yuck*as if I was pouring something from the sewers into my tea. I just glared athim. His remark wasn't worthy of a reply. How rude! What was so *yuck*about a liquid that was exactly the same colour as the milk he was pouring?The carton.Anyway, I think its a good idea to try and bring products whether it be soyamilk or vegan cake or whatever to events/functions. There's always thechance that one person might try it and like it. Its a case of sowing thefirst seed.JaneyxLesley>> That's a good idea.>> I hope you have better luck than us last night. We took a cake, Lemon> Explosion, that I made to our local moot. When Peter said it was vegan,> people said - can't eat that!>> Jo>>To send an email to -

Janey

I think Peter did it on purpose, so there was plenty left for him to eat :-)

They usually eat everything I make - but I don't usually point out that they

are vegan. Fools!

Jo

Tuesday, February 26, 2002 8:11 PM

> Why? I fail to understand people sometimes. Why couldn't they eat your

> cake??????

>

> I keep my soya milk in the fridge at work. Last week when I was making a

> cup of tea and poured some soya milk out, one of the solicitors said

*yuck*

> as if I was pouring something from the sewers into my tea. I just glared

at

> him. His remark wasn't worthy of a reply. How rude! What was so *yuck*

> about a liquid that was exactly the same colour as the milk he was

pouring?

> The carton.

>

> Anyway, I think its a good idea to try and bring products whether it be

soya

> milk or vegan cake or whatever to events/functions. There's always the

> chance that one person might try it and like it. Its a case of sowing the

> first seed.

>

> Janey

> x

>

>

>

> Lesley

> >

> > That's a good idea.

> >

> > I hope you have better luck than us last night. We took a cake, Lemon

> > Explosion, that I made to our local moot. When Peter said it was vegan,

> > people said - can't eat that!

> >

> > Jo

> >

> >

>

>

>

> To send an email to -

>

>

Most people eat *vegan* food every day but just don't realise it. Its only when you tell them that its vegan that they throw a wobbly!!!

Janey

x

-

Lesley Dove

Tuesday, February 26, 2002 8:47 PM

RE: Campaign to provide Soya milk provided everywhere where there is cow secretion provided - one little thing vegan parents can do

I can only say these people must be total idiots and probably not worth bothering with, if they have that attitude. I suppose they don't eat fruit or veg either then?!

Lesley

Jo [Heartwork]26 February 2002 19:32 Subject: Re: Campaign to provide Soya milk provided everywhere where there is cow secretion provided - one little thing vegan parents can doLesleyThat's a good idea.I hope you have better luck than us last night. We took a cake, LemonExplosion, that I made to our local moot. When Peter said it was vegan,people said - can't eat that!Jo--"All truth passes through 3 stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident." - Arthur Schopenhauer-"Lesley Dove" <Lesley; <EthicalVegans >;Tuesday, February 26, 2002 4:52 PM Campaign to provide Soya milk provided everywherewhere there is cow secretion provided - one little thing vegan parents cando>> I just started going with Lucy to the local mothers and toddlers group,and> sure enough they did not have soya milk for teas and coffees, so I have> decided to instead of taking just my own in a little bottle and keeping it> to myself, which really never had any effect on anyone else'sconsciousness> before, I will next week take a whole small carton, use a drop and leaveit> out open next to the cow secretion, to make it clear that they can all try> it if they want. It will be interesting to see if anyone is open-minded.> Maybe more vegan mums going to these groups with their babies and toddlers> should try this, because in my experience when my others were little, the> organisers never provide it even if you are a regular. They are usuallytoo> thoughtless to consider non-dairy users, even though many non-vegans have> dairy intolerance, and I am so fed up of being treated second class for> being vegan so it's time we tried harder to get the message across.>> Lesley>>>> To send an email to - >>

I keep my soya milk in the fridge at work. Last week when I was making acup of tea and poured some soya milk out, one of the solicitors said *yuck*as if I was pouring something from the sewers into my tea. I just glared athim. His remark wasn't worthy of a reply. How rude! What was so *yuck*about a liquid that was exactly the same colour as the milk he was pouring?The carton.Anyway, I think its a good idea to try and bring products whether it be soyamilk or vegan cake or whatever to events/functions. There's always thechance that one person might try it and like it. Its a case of sowing thefirst seed.Janey

that's just downright rude if he's never tried it.

My boyfriend however always 'yucks' my soya milk but that's ever since he had it in his coffee and after about 15mins (he has to leave his coffee for ages otherwise its too hot for him) the milk had all sank to the bottom, so maybe he has an excuse. Must admit I thought it was strange, but I always have black coffee myself.

Shelloid

Obviously neither of you knew how to make it . You just use more milk or weaker coffee. It comes with practice

Angie

-

shelloid

Wednesday, February 27, 2002 3:59 PM

Re: Campaign to provide Soya milk provided everywhere where there is cow secretion provided - one little thing vegan parents can do

My boyfriend however always 'yucks' my soya milk but that's ever since he had it in his coffee and after about 15mins (he has to leave his coffee for ages otherwise its too hot for him) the milk had all sank to the bottom, so maybe he has an excuse. Must admit I thought it was strange, but I always have black coffee myself.

ShelloidTo send an email to -