IndiaDivine.org

Christianity

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hi Simon

Just one question....

> Also remembering we were made imperfect ,because if we weren't we would have been able to resist wrong doing

So, what you're saying is that there is no such thing as personal responsibility - it's all God's fault?

BB

Peter

---Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).Version: 6.0.324 / Virus Database: 181 - Release 14/02/02

Guest guest

Its only vegans that follow genesis -1 and most of them probably don't even realise it or care !!!!

-

Simon pJones

Wednesday, March 06, 2002 10:15 AM

Christianity

My understanding of most religions is that love is the central driving force, being for all species.Genesis-1 for me seems to allow the possibility of all good teaching to be a reality!

Simon To send an email to -

Guest guest

Some 7th day adventists in my school have told me that they are allowed meat

one day a week (Sat or Sun --presumably on their Sabbath ---forgotten which

day ) Are you sure they are vegan ?????

-

" Dr Ian McDonald " <ian

Monday, March 04, 2002 10:30 PM

Re: christianity

>

>

> > Simon pJones wrote:

>

>

> Yup ... this is why the 7th day adventists are vegan. Go them.

>

,apart from maybe the

> > S,D,Adventists who do encourage a veggie diet,

> > ps I don't believe Jesus ate animal flesh,

>

>

>

> --

> Ian McDonald

>

> http://www.mcdonald.me.uk/

>

>

> To send an email to -

>

>

Guest guest

I wish god/jesus would get his act together and sort them out now . But of course he won't because imo he's just a figment of someones imagination

-

Simon pJones

Wednesday, March 06, 2002 10:45 AM

christianity

Angie,

If your talking about catholicism and all the churches that follow it deceptions,It's not surprising that the world is in the state it is, The vatican has used Christianity to disguise it's sun- worshipping teachings, which it has done to steer people away from the truth, The first thing it did was change the Sabbath- day to the sun- worshipping day, Sunday,

Without going on to much, Jesus is quoted as never rebuking anyone who admitted they did thing wrong and wanted to turn from doing wrong,only those who pretended to be righteous and misled people,I think if Jesus was alive to-day he would go into the churches and point out to the priests and the so called leaders, their deceptions like he did in the days of his earthly life!

ps I think the priests and church leaders are misled themselves,

simon,To send an email to -

Guest guest

Hi Simon

> If your talking about catholicism and all the churches that follow it deceptions,It's not surprising that the world is in the state it

> is, The vatican has used Christianity to disguise it's sun- worshipping teachings, which it has done to steer people away from the

> truth, The first thing it did was change the Sabbath- day to the sun- worshipping day, Sunday,

There is nothing at all "sun worshipping" about Catholics! The church changed the Sabbath in the 4th century as a political move. In fact, it didn't catch on across the entire church, and to this day the Catholic church in Ethiopia celebrate the Jewish Sabbath (i.e. Friday to Saturday).

Of course, this all happened in the 4th century when the entire concept of Christianity was turned on it's head for political motives - prior to this, Jesus was considered to be a normal human who had fulfilled the role of the Jewish "anointed one" - nothing to do with divinity at all, but a political and religious leader of the Jews. If you're going to claim that changing the Sabbath was a fundamental problem with the church, then presumably you follow a form of Christianity which pre-dates the Council of Nicaea? Would you classify yourself as an Arianist?

2 more points - firstly, at this period in the history of Christianity, there was only one "church" - as a Christian you were either a follower of the church, or a heretic - the splits didn't start to appear in the factions until a long time after this. Secondly, Sun worship pre-dates Christianity by several millenia for one very obvious reason - the sun is what gives us life on a daily basis!

> Without going on to much, Jesus is quoted as never rebuking anyone who admitted they did thing wrong and wanted to turn from

> doing wrong,only those who pretended to be righteous and misled people,I think if Jesus was alive to-day he would go into the

> churches and point out to the priests and the so called leaders, their deceptions like he did in the days of his earthly life!

> ps I think the priests and church leaders are misled themselves,

I couldn't agree more - but you have to go back almost 2000 years to find a form of Christianity which hadn't been corrupted at all by what John Toland called "priestcraft".

BB

Peter

---Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).Version: 6.0.324 / Virus Database: 181 - Release 14/02/02

Guest guest

Simon

Truth is in the eye of the beholder.

Jo

>>>>>The vatican has used Christianity to disguise it's sun- worshipping teachings, which it has done to steer people away from the truth,

Guest guest

->The vatican has used Christianity to disguise it's sun-

worshipping teachings,

Whats wrong with sun worshiping, being as how the sun is the source

of all energy and all life and in fact of the earth- gaia- itself...

Early you asked if pagans believed if there was a creator- surely in

literal terms that IS the sun???

I don't see how the vatican honour and celebrate the sun tho, their

creed of guilt and suffering seems most un-sunny to me...

Cheers Graham

Guest guest

*raises paw*

why do you have to believe any " other worldly being " had to create anything?

why can't we be happy that it is here, and not squander it?

not knockin whether you believe in an old white bearded guy, some omnipotent

face in heaven, a guy with furry pants and horns, a fat smiling fellow, or

wotever..i just never have figured out why folks put sooooo much in having to

believe that there is a " divine " plan , or someone is up there, or over there,

or hanging out in some grove

its like folks need to believe something bigger is out there...

isn't the world, our lifes, the universe in all its intricacies enough??

just asking

fraggle

*covers head with arms and awaits the stoning*

" Simon pJones " <simonpjones wrote:

> One of the reasons I go with Christianity more than other beliefs is it's

advocation of one almighty power that created this existence with the purpose of

everything that has the breath of life in it, to have a relationship with it

which is based on love, When there are many gods it does create confusion, The

trouble I have with a male/female God is how do you relate to that, neither male

or female might be a better belief, A spirit of love as a spirit is neither male

or female, I believe Bibles should refer to God as God not he,

>Maybe a translation could be printed like that!

>Sp,

>

Guest guest

Angie Wright wrote:

>

> Some 7th day adventists in my school have told me that they are allowed meat

> one day a week (Sat or Sun --presumably on their Sabbath ---forgotten which

> day ) Are you sure they are vegan ?????

>

> Angie

Okay, might be wrong.

Actually, ISTR they eat honey. So they're not.

--

Ian McDonald

http://www.mcdonald.me.uk/

Guest guest

> Peter wrote:

>

> 2 more points - firstly, at this period in the history of

> Christianity, there was only one " church " - as a Christian you were

> either a follower of the church, or a heretic - the splits didn't

> start to appear in the factions until a long time after this.

> Secondly, Sun worship pre-dates Christianity by several millenia for

> one very obvious reason - the sun is what gives us life on a daily

> basis!

>

Are you sure? Arianism and Athanasianism was just one of the many splits

of the time, I thought? Christianity was so fragmented in its first

millenium that Islam was, for its first few decades, thought of as a

denomination of Christianity.

--

Ian McDonald

http://www.mcdonald.me.uk/

Guest guest

One of the reasons I go with Christianity more than other beliefs is it's advocation of one almighty power that created this existence with the purpose of everything that has the breath of life in it, to have a relationship with it which is based on love, When there are many gods it does create confusion, The trouble I have with a male/female God is how do you relate to that, neither male or female might be a better belief, A spirit of love as a spirit is neither male or female, I believe Bibles should refer to God as God not he,

Maybe a translation could be printed like that!

Sp,