IndiaDivine.org

Another newcomer here . . .

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Thanks for the good luck wishes on exams - I can't seem to motivate as well as I need to this yeah - ugh! Pittsburgh is in the south western corner of Pennsylvania about a half hour from the Ohio/West Virginia borders. Dead nuts center in good 'ole boy territory so AR people and vegans are the endangered species around here.

-

jojo

Saturday, April 06, 2002 11:34 AM

Re: Another newcomer here . . .

Welcome Pam!Good luck on your exams -- what/where is Pgh?--jojo www.tofu2go.com----- Original Message -----<pghpamFriday, April 05, 2002 10:10 AM Another newcomer here . . .>> Just dropping a line now to say hi since I actually have a spare moment.I'm a 39 year old female, who is a full-time law student in the evening, anda legal sctry during the day. I'm a vegan and my goal is to start my ownpractice solely dedicated to animal welfare and habitate preservation workfor companion, feed, and wild animals (will be broke but happy - govt. won'tlike me since my student loans won't get paid very quickly - but hey, ifthey did a better job animals wouldn't need lawyers). I have a harley thatI ride - all non-leather wearing apparel and saddlebags of course. Foundedan animal law society at my school and work with AR groups in town. Iattend out of town AR/animal law things as often as possible within thebudget (AR2001 and 2002, Little Rock Stephens protest, NY animal law barsection, etc.). I share my home with no humans (not by choice, haven't metany vegans in Pgh that are single), 3 demonic but loving rescued dogs(Mea-80 lbs F sharpei/malamute mix - came from MI, DeeOhGee-50 lbs Flab/chow mix - came from NC and Mr. Hoochers - 70 lb M lab/sharpei mix -came from about 50 mls outside of Pgh) and two very old but distinctlyclassy cats (Sadie F 16 yrs and Speedway F 17 yrs) - my house of course issmall so I feel like I'm sharing "their" home sometimes. That's about it -hello and you'll see me pop in here and there - especially more so afterexams are over (soon - YEAH). Take care Pam>> Original Message:> -----------------> casey thompson veganmunkee Fri, 05 Apr 2002 12:39:54 -0500> > Re: Q.Humans>>> the answer is....many humans are ignorant...all animals are not...>> casey>>> >Ossam Altaee <ossam3> > > >osre4 > Q.Humans> >Thu, 4 Apr 2002 07:00:30 -0800 (PST)> >> >Q.Humans> >Hi Dear friends,> >I have a story with a question I hope you can answer it.> >Please think about it deeply, before you answer.> >The Story:> >Suppose one day you meet up with a man from Mars, and you are the firstone> >to speak with him, and answer his questions:> >Q) What are on this planet ? "asks the Martian"> >A) Your answer, naturally would be........ There are that are here;living> >and non-living .> >And because the Martian was so interested in living things he asked about> >more on living things.> >Q) What are living things?> >A) There are two kinds of living things :thinkers and non-thinkers .> >Q) What are the thinkers things?> >A) There are two kinds ,Humans and the Animals .> >Q. What is the deference between the Humans and the Animals ?> >A)..........................................> >I would like the answer. Try and figure in same consequence like mine> >,It's not hard to find the answer ,Think deeply and try just try andfind> >out what it means.> >I send this message to start discussion about the ideas in my site andthe> >life .> >Osam Altaee http://www.petitiononline.com/osamal/petition.html> >Q.Humans> >> >> >> >> >> > Tax Center - online filing with TurboTax>>>>> _______________> Join the world's largest e-mail service with MSN Hotmail.> http://www.hotmail.com>>>> To send an email to - >>

Guest guest

Welcome Pam!

Good luck on your exams -- what/where is Pgh?

--jojo

www.tofu2go.com

-

<pghpam

Friday, April 05, 2002 10:10 AM

Another newcomer here . . .

>

> Just dropping a line now to say hi since I actually have a spare moment.

I'm a 39 year old female, who is a full-time law student in the evening, and

a legal sctry during the day. I'm a vegan and my goal is to start my own

practice solely dedicated to animal welfare and habitate preservation work

for companion, feed, and wild animals (will be broke but happy - govt. won't

like me since my student loans won't get paid very quickly - but hey, if

they did a better job animals wouldn't need lawyers). I have a harley that

I ride - all non-leather wearing apparel and saddlebags of course. Founded

an animal law society at my school and work with AR groups in town. I

attend out of town AR/animal law things as often as possible within the

budget (AR2001 and 2002, Little Rock Stephens protest, NY animal law bar

section, etc.). I share my home with no humans (not by choice, haven't met

any vegans in Pgh that are single), 3 demonic but loving rescued dogs

(Mea-80 lbs F sharpei/malamute mix - came from MI, DeeOhGee-50 lbs F

lab/chow mix - came from NC and Mr. Hoochers - 70 lb M lab/sharpei mix -

came from about 50 mls outside of Pgh) and two very old but distinctly

classy cats (Sadie F 16 yrs and Speedway F 17 yrs) - my house of course is

small so I feel like I'm sharing " their " home sometimes. That's about it -

hello and you'll see me pop in here and there - especially more so after

exams are over (soon - YEAH). Take care Pam

>

> Original Message:

> -----------------

> casey thompson veganmunkee

> Fri, 05 Apr 2002 12:39:54 -0500

>

> Re: Q.Humans

>

>

> the answer is....many humans are ignorant...all animals are not...

>

> casey

>

>

> >Ossam Altaee <ossam3

> >

> >osre4

> > Q.Humans

> >Thu, 4 Apr 2002 07:00:30 -0800 (PST)

> >

> >Q.Humans

> >Hi Dear friends,

> >I have a story with a question I hope you can answer it.

> >Please think about it deeply, before you answer.

> >The Story:

> >Suppose one day you meet up with a man from Mars, and you are the first

one

> >to speak with him, and answer his questions:

> >Q) What are on this planet ? " asks the Martian "

> >A) Your answer, naturally would be........ There are that are here;

living

> >and non-living .

> >And because the Martian was so interested in living things he asked about

> >more on living things.

> >Q) What are living things?

> >A) There are two kinds of living things :thinkers and non-thinkers .

> >Q) What are the thinkers things?

> >A) There are two kinds ,Humans and the Animals .

> >Q. What is the deference between the Humans and the Animals ?

> >A)..........................................

> >I would like the answer. Try and figure in same consequence like mine

> >,It's not hard to find the answer ,Think deeply and try just try and

find

> >out what it means.

> >I send this message to start discussion about the ideas in my site and

the

> >life .

> >Osam Altaee http://www.petitiononline.com/osamal/petition.html

> >Q.Humans

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > Tax Center - online filing with TurboTax

>

>

>

>

> _______________

> Join the world's largest e-mail service with MSN Hotmail.

> http://www.hotmail.com

>

>

>

> To send an email to -

>

>

Guest guest

I always joke (more serious than joking) that there are more registered hunters up here than there are registered voters (or at least ones that pay any real attention and actually get out there and vote). I've been here in PA for about 6 years. They breed them a bit different up here but then I also lived in Richmond for about 13 years on and off and they breed them pretty different down there. I thought the northern rednecks would be different than the southern rednecks but overall you get them everywhere I guess. Being over closer to the east coast I'm sure you got a bit more of the "southern" variety. It's not too bad where I'm at since I'm within the city limits but I sometimes my question to stay here even though. Pittsburgh has some good animal potential here but I just don't know if it has progessed enough in that regard - it does definetely NEED animal work here that much I at least know. What part of NY did you move to? I used to spend a lot of time in Vermont and beebopped over into Albany quite a bit. That IS some beautiful county up there. From here we aren't too far from the western section of NY (wine country) and it is real nice over there too.

-

jojo

Saturday, April 06, 2002 5:08 PM

LOL!

I just recently moved to New York from the PA/MD line border. It definitely *is* good ol' boy country -- that's the main reason why my fiancee and I moved. Our neighbor's son LITERALLY fired a shotgun off of their back porch on a regular basis and another neighbor had some sort of semi-automatic that he'd take out for target practice whenever the fancy struck him while proudly displaying his confederate flag on his front porch. Needless to say, there were *no* African Americans in our neighborhood (or anyone else of any ethnicity whatsoever -- other than very, very white, that is.) It's just a whole 'nother world over there. Very pretty, scenery-wise though. And safe communities. If you can stand the people who live in them, that is...

--jojo

-

pghpam

Saturday, April 06, 2002 6:08 AM

Thanks for the good luck wishes on exams - I can't seem to motivate as well as I need to this yeah - ugh! Pittsburgh is in the south western corner of Pennsylvania about a half hour from the Ohio/West Virginia borders. Dead nuts center in good 'ole boy territory so AR people and vegans are the endangered species around here.

LOL!

I just recently moved to New York from the PA/MD line border. It definitely *is* good ol' boy country -- that's the main reason why my fiancee and I moved. Our neighbor's son LITERALLY fired a shotgun off of their back porch on a regular basis and another neighbor had some sort of semi-automatic that he'd take out for target practice whenever the fancy struck him while proudly displaying his confederate flag on his front porch. Needless to say, there were *no* African Americans in our neighborhood (or anyone else of any ethnicity whatsoever -- other than very, very white, that is.) It's just a whole 'nother world over there. Very pretty, scenery-wise though. And safe communities. If you can stand the people who live in them, that is...

--jojoTo send an email to -

Guest guest

-

pghpam

Saturday, April 06, 2002 6:08 AM

LOL!

--jojo

Guest guest

welcome pam

rides a harley, has dogs and cats...well educated....

*swoons*

ahem...

*gets up and dusts self off*

anyways..welcome...and don't mind my inane e-mails!! everyone here makes

moire sense then meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!

pgh? care to decipher?

cheers

fraggle

In a message dated 4/6/02 4:38:06 AM Pacific Daylight Time,

pghpam writes:

<< Just dropping a line now to say hi since I actually have a spare moment.

I'm a 39 year old female, who is a full-time law student in the evening, and

a legal sctry during the day. I'm a vegan and my goal is to start my own

practice solely dedicated to animal welfare and habitate preservation work

for companion, feed, and wild animals (will be broke but happy - govt. won't

like me since my student loans won't get paid very quickly - but hey, if they

did a better job animals wouldn't need lawyers). I have a harley that I ride

- all non-leather wearing apparel and saddlebags of course. Founded an

animal law society at my school and work with AR groups in town. I attend

out of town AR/animal law things as often as possible within the budget

(AR2001 and 2002, Little Rock Stephens protest, NY animal law bar section,

etc.). I share my home with no humans (not by choice, haven't met any vegans

in Pgh that are single), 3 demonic but loving rescued dogs (Mea-80 lbs F

sharpei/malamute mix - came from MI, DeeOhGee-50 lbs F lab/chow mix - came

from NC and Mr. Hoochers - 70 lb M lab/sharpei mix - came from about 50 mls

outside of Pgh) and two very old but distinctly classy cats (Sadie F 16 yrs

and Speedway F 17 yrs) - my house of course is small so I feel like I'm

sharing " their " home sometimes. That's about it - hello and you'll see me pop

in here and there - especially more so after exams are over (soon - YEAH).

Take care Pam >>

Guest guest

In a message dated 4/6/02 8:11:40 AM Pacific Daylight Time,

pghpam writes:

<< Thanks for the good luck wishes on exams - I can't seem to motivate as

well as I need to this yeah - ugh! Pittsburgh is in the south western corner

of Pennsylvania about a half hour from the Ohio/West Virginia borders. Dead

nuts center in good 'ole boy territory so AR people and vegans are the

endangered species around here. >>

ah..i thought it might be pittsburgh..

i went to the Church Brew works many years ago, and they had some vegan food

there..a vegan miso soup with dunkel which was damn tasty if i recall

correctly....

have you ever been there??

cheers

fraggle

Guest guest

In a message dated 4/7/02 8:48:25 AM Pacific Daylight Time,

pghpam writes:

<< Where ar e you from that you woud be circulating at the Brew Works? >>

oh, just look out yer window westward...see me, i'm waving..oh wait,,thats

the north window i'm waving out of...damn.,.silly me

the rockies would be in the way anyways

i'm actually a bit to the west of you....left coast...

oakland cali-for-ni-a...

so, we probably could never go fer a ride......

wow..losts of yanks on this list nowadays..it certainly has lost its

anglophile feel!!!

wheeeee!!

and, went to brew works a looong time ago...travelin'....

cheers

fraggle

Guest guest

In a message dated 4/7/02 9:15:08 AM Pacific Daylight Time,

pghpam writes:

<< Fraggle - now I figured it out - it was the 2000 US Brewery Open National

Tour that brought you to the Church Works - that special little known tour

designed for beer lovers to enable you to travel to the great breweries of

our illustrious nation, sponsored, of course, by the beer manufacturers -

hahahaha!!!!! >>

nope...i wish

i first learned about the Church at the Great american Beer Fest in '95...and

we went to NYC the next year, stopped in pittsburgh(out of the way, but,

wanted to go there since i had seen the flyers for it)

beautiful building..and they seemed pretty up on making stuff vegan...

fraggle

Guest guest

I spent 10 years down in FLA (my family is down there still) so I know about that blossoming seasonal population thing. Our population used to almost triple!!

I had originally planned on leaving Pgh and trying to go to work with an established organization out in the western region (CA, OR, Wash. state etc. have some great organizations) but the more Ihave lived in Pgh the more I see a need here for animal work. I have been trying to carve a niche here to set myself up for practice here and have been fairly successful in getting involved and getting my name out there. A lawyer in NY who practices animal law told me that I needed to get my name out there and have people consider me the animal law person during law school and that would bring the practice to me when I went out on my own. I have started an animal law group at my school to also bring the issue to other law students and the public that there is a need for animal law. I published an article on why we need animal law (www.juris.duq.edu) and I participate in many AR activities - unfortunately with school and a houseful of rescues I find that many times I get sideswiped on participating in things I have planned. I would like to practice all aspects of animal law and especially work in adminstrative work involving fights with governmental agencies (such as the fish and wildlife service, epa, usda, etc.). I don't know how successful I will be here but one of the things I'm looking at is that I'm also tired of moving. I move a lot and as you get older it gets harder to reestablish yourself in new places. I'm not a very people trusting person so the older I get the more I find the areas to make contacts to make friends is becoming smaller and smaller.

I live on the north fork of Long Island. It's very sleepy here right now, but I've been told that once the vacationing tourists kick in all Hell will break loose. Vermont is wonderful and I would love to live there one day. When you graduate and set up a practice, where do you think you would like it to be?

--jojo

www.tofu2go.com

-

Pgh Pam

Saturday, April 06, 2002 1:13 PM

I always joke (more serious than joking) that there are more registered hunters up here than there are registered voters (or at least ones that pay any real attention and actually get out there and vote). I've been here in PA for about 6 years. They breed them a bit different up here but then I also lived in Richmond for about 13 years on and off and they breed them pretty different down there. I thought the northern rednecks would be different than the southern rednecks but overall you get them everywhere I guess. Being over closer to the east coast I'm sure you got a bit more of the "southern" variety. It's not too bad where I'm at since I'm within the city limits but I sometimes my question to stay here even though. Pittsburgh has some good animal potential here but I just don't know if it has progessed enough in that regard - it does definetely NEED animal work here that much I at least know. What part of NY did you move to? I used to spend a lot of time in Vermont and beebopped over into Albany quite a bit. That IS some beautiful county up there. From here we aren't too far from the western section of NY (wine country) and it is real nice over there too.

-

jojo

LOL!

--jojoTo send an email to -

Guest guest

Fraggle - too bad there aren't more swooners out there!!! It's too weird of a combination that scares many off - LOL!!!

Pgh = Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania - the place that seems to only have one vegan harley rider - hahahaha!!!!!

-

EBbrewpunx

Sunday, April 07, 2002 11:31 AM

welcome pamrides a harley, has dogs and cats...well educated....*swoons*ahem...*gets up and dusts self off*anyways..welcome...and don't mind my inane e-mails!! everyone here makes moire sense then meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!pgh? care to decipher? cheersfraggleIn a message dated 4/6/02 4:38:06 AM Pacific Daylight Time, pghpam writes:<< Just dropping a line now to say hi since I actually have a spare moment. I'm a 39 year old female, who is a full-time law student in the evening, and a legal sctry during the day. I'm a vegan and my goal is to start my own practice solely dedicated to animal welfare and habitate preservation work for companion, feed, and wild animals (will be broke but happy - govt. won't like me since my student loans won't get paid very quickly - but hey, if they did a better job animals wouldn't need lawyers). I have a harley that I ride - all non-leather wearing apparel and saddlebags of course. Founded an animal law society at my school and work with AR groups in town. I attend out of town AR/animal law things as often as possible within the budget (AR2001 and 2002, Little Rock Stephens protest, NY animal law bar section, etc.). I share my home with no humans (not by choice, haven't met any vegans in Pgh that are single), 3 demonic but loving rescued dogs (Mea-80 lbs F sharpei/malamute mix - came from MI, DeeOhGee-50 lbs F lab/chow mix - came from NC and Mr. Hoochers - 70 lb M lab/sharpei mix - came from about 50 mls outside of Pgh) and two very old but distinctly classy cats (Sadie F 16 yrs and Speedway F 17 yrs) - my house of course is small so I feel like I'm sharing "their" home sometimes. That's about it - hello and you'll see me pop in here and there - especially more so after exams are over (soon - YEAH). Take care Pam >>To send an email to -

Guest guest

Fraggle - never been there but they do have a great place now called the Zenith Tea Room (reminiscent of the old '60's southern california hippie culture). It is an antique shop that has a restaurant that is open Thurs-Sat and a buffet on Sundays. They serve all vegetarian and vegan and everything can be made vegan. Awesome food!!!

Where ar e you from that you woud be circulating at the Brew Works?

-

EBbrewpunx

Sunday, April 07, 2002 11:44 AM

In a message dated 4/6/02 8:11:40 AM Pacific Daylight Time, pghpam writes:<< Thanks for the good luck wishes on exams - I can't seem to motivate as well as I need to this yeah - ugh! Pittsburgh is in the south western corner of Pennsylvania about a half hour from the Ohio/West Virginia borders. Dead nuts center in good 'ole boy territory so AR people and vegans are the endangered species around here. >>ah..i thought it might be pittsburgh..i went to the Church Brew works many years ago, and they had some vegan food there..a vegan miso soup with dunkel which was damn tasty if i recall correctly....have you ever been there??cheersfraggleTo send an email to -

Guest guest

Fraggle - now I figured it out - it was the 2000 US Brewery Open National Tour that brought you to the Church Works - that special little known tour designed for beer lovers to enable you to travel to the great breweries of our illustrious nation, sponsored, of course, by the beer manufacturers - hahahaha!!!!!

Guest guest

I live on the north fork of Long Island. It's very sleepy here right now, but I've been told that once the vacationing tourists kick in all Hell will break loose. Vermont is wonderful and I would love to live there one day. When you graduate and set up a practice, where do you think you would like it to be?

--jojo

www.tofu2go.com

-

Pgh Pam

Saturday, April 06, 2002 1:13 PM

-

jojo

LOL!

--jojo