IndiaDivine.org

Digest Number 395 - outside kitties/inside kitties

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Most cats now are bred to be housepets, they're not suited to go outside. They really will get in trouble and have bad things happen to them outside. We had outdoor 'barnyard cats' when I was a kid, and most of them were short-lived and often got hurt or sick. We had one cat named Socrates, who had one eye, one shredded ear, and a tail that had been broken in several places and grew crooked! The poor kitty just couldn't keep out of trouble outside, but he was too wild to bring inside.

- Muffy

-

EBbrewpunx

Thursday, July 11, 2002 9:46 AM

Re: Digest Number 395

it is dangerous to let cats wander free..they can get hit by cars, catch diseases, eat something they shouldn't, have a dog catch em, a hawk my beat the crap out of em, they will stalk birds, etcmy roomie let her cat out..and it lost an eye....i think it misjudged our rock wall and hit the barbwire...ouch!fraggle"Janey" <janey wrote:>Hi Werner,>>Why can't your two cats go out? Isn't that cruel? Cats need fresh air to breath and grass to roll around on.>>Janey>x>> -> Werner> > Wednesday, July 10, 2002 11:23 PM> Re: Digest Number 395>>> Hi Peter,> there are exception in every case. I own two cats and they never get past my front door. They are strictly in-door cats. The only place they sh*t is the litter box in our basement. And my two dogs are confined to our back yard and only one third of it. The rest is for our grandchildren to play in.> Werner.>> ---->> > Wednesday, July 10, 2002 11:24:37 AM> > Re: Digest Number 395>> Hi Lesley>> > Another reason vegans should support laws to protect responsible pet owners' housing rights is because this situation with so many> > landlords not allowing pets causes lots of healthy animals to be put to sleep.>> Time for someone on the other end of the situation to speak up here. In our street, we have one household which owns 6 cats. These cats sh*t in our garden regularly, meaning that we have to be very careful if we ever wish to do any sort of activity in our own back yard. They slaughter numerous birds and leave the dead bodies all over the place. They climb all over our cars and are, to be blunt, a bloddy nuisance.>> I personally would love to see cats banned from our street - it would make our lives more pleasant, and would prevent the deaths of many wild birds. It might also help to improve our morale if we weren't constantly having to clean up after our neighbour's "companions". Any children living in our street would stand a very big danger of catching nasty diseases from all the excretions left behind by these cats. Stange that you state that children should not be exposed to smoke, but that you think it's OK that they be exposed to cat sh*t.>> People who own cats seem to forget that for everyone around them, cats are nothing but a pain in the back side.>> It's all very well to talk of "rights", but you have to consider who you effect - y'know Lesley, a bit like having people smoking near you.>> BB> Peter>>> ---> Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.> Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).> Version: 6.0.372 / Virus Database: 207 - Release 20/06/02>> To send an email to - >>

Guest guest

We all need fresh air in our lungs whether we are bred in captivity or bred as housepets. You can't beat grass under your feet, the sun on your skin/fur and fresh air in your lungs. I love it. So that's what I allow my cats to enjoy. :-) My cats adore the sunshine. They lie on their backs on my front garden. Proper little sunbathers they are!!!

Janey

x

Most cats now are bred to be housepets, they're not suited to go outside. They really will get in trouble and have bad things happen to them outside. We had outdoor 'barnyard cats' when I was a kid, and most of them were short-lived and often got hurt or sick. We had one cat named Socrates, who had one eye, one shredded ear, and a tail that had been broken in several places and grew crooked! The poor kitty just couldn't keep out of trouble outside, but he was too wild to bring inside.

- Muffy

Guest guest

Moggies aren't bred .. Posh cats may be and they may have to be imprisoned and treated like a zoo animal that can't survive or be allowed in the wild . But I end up with any old cat which would be capable of outside living -- Hence the number of feral cat populations due to not neutering . I think we all agree neutering whether we like it or not has to be done .

Janey [janey] 13 July 2002 08:32 Subject: Re: Digest Number 395 - outside kitties/inside kitties

We all need fresh air in our lungs whether we are bred in captivity or bred as housepets. You can't beat grass under your feet, the sun on your skin/fur and fresh air in your lungs. I love it. So that's what I allow my cats to enjoy. :-) My cats adore the sunshine. They lie on their backs on my front garden. Proper little sunbathers they are!!!

Janey

x

- MuffyTo send an email to -