IndiaDivine.org

cat deterrants

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

The cayenne pepper thing works, but I always feel sorry for the poor kitties after having gotten the pepper on them. It has a burning sensation on the skin. They make some stuff called Boundary Spray that I use indoors to keep my cat from scratching inappropriate things. The bottle says you can use it outside too, you just have to reapply once in a while or if rain has washed it off. Apparently it smells bad to the kitties so they don't go near it.

- Muffy

-

EBbrewpunx

Thursday, July 11, 2002 10:30 AM

Re: Re: Digest Number 395

think of it as fertilizer fer next year..*trying to help*ok..if you have problems with cats in yer garden, try sprinkling cayenne pepper on the ground.,,...this may help discourage kittiealso, cocoa mulch is sold here, you maybe able to get it over on that side of the pond....it discourages kitties fer some reason, along with snails and slugsand, as a last resort..they sell movement squirters..you hook yer hose up to this sprayer, and when something comes into its field of vision *brrrrrwwwap!* it sprays water at it...kitties would learn very quickly..as would crows and nosey neighborscheersfraggle"Peter" <Snowbow wrote:>>> Hah! tell that to the cats that shite in my garden all the flipping>> time!!! it's practically impossible for the kids to play in the>> garden at the moment and also compromises our ability to grow as>> much food as we would like to as well...>>When I last went to pick some parsley it was under a pile of cat poo. There>is absolutely no way I could use that plant after seeing it like that.>>Jo>>>--->Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.>Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).>Version: 6.0.372 / Virus Database: 207 - Release 20/06/02>>>>To send an email to - >>

Guest guest

If it gives them a burning sensation then its cruel.

Janey

x

The cayenne pepper thing works, but I always feel sorry for the poor kitties after having gotten the pepper on them. It has a burning sensation on the skin. They make some stuff called Boundary Spray that I use indoors to keep my cat from scratching inappropriate things. The bottle says you can use it outside too, you just have to reapply once in a while or if rain has washed it off. Apparently it smells bad to the kitties so they don't go near it.

- Muffy

Guest guest

i'm sure if ya got some wolf urine they kitties would flee from the garden also....

:)

tho, how to get some raises its own problem....the local 7/11 er sainsbury probably doesn't carry it...and even evil wal-mart probably doesn't carry it...

and hanging out at the zoo waitin with a jar just sounds icky.....

fraggle

In a message dated 7/12/02 8:11:52 PM Pacific Daylight Time, jmc62701 writes:

It has a burning sensation on the skin. They make some stuff called Boundary Spray that I use indoors to keep my cat from scratching inappropriate things. The bottle says you can use it outside too, you just have to reapply once in a while or if rain has washed it off.

Guest guest

Hi Fraggle

> i'm sure if ya got some wolf urine they kitties would flee from the garden also....> tho, how to get some raises its own problem....

Well, all you need to do is get hold of a wolf, and make it drink lots. Mind you, if you had the wolf, the urine would probably be surpluss to requirements!

BB

Peter

---Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).Version: 6.0.375 / Virus Database: 210 - Release 10/07/02

Guest guest

I can loan you my pug companion Sam, if you like. He's hardly a wolf, but boy can he pee! He pees on anything stationary. We have to keep pampers on him when he's in the house. But you can just let 'im loose in your yard and he'll take care of the rest... Never in my life have I seen an animal take such pleasure and pride in urinating on things!

-- jojo

-

Peter

Monday, July 15, 2002 9:45 AM

Re: cat deterrants

Hi Fraggle

> i'm sure if ya got some wolf urine they kitties would flee from the garden also....> tho, how to get some raises its own problem....

Well, all you need to do is get hold of a wolf, and make it drink lots. Mind you, if you had the wolf, the urine would probably be surpluss to requirements!

BB

Peter

---Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).Version: 6.0.375 / Virus Database: 210 - Release 10/07/02To send an email to -

Guest guest

Hi Jojo

> I can loan you my pug companion Sam, if you like. He's hardly a wolf, but boy can he pee! He pees on anything stationary. We

> have to keep pampers on him when he's in the house. But you can just let 'im loose in your yard and he'll take care of the rest...

> Never in my life have I seen an animal take such pleasure and pride in urinating on things!

LOL - I know the sort of dogs you mean - they have a really proud look on their faces!!! :-)

BB

Peter

---Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).Version: 6.0.375 / Virus Database: 210 - Release 10/07/02

Guest guest

Yeah, they're pretty happy little guys, but you can tell when they are especially pleased with themselves, too :)

pugs *rock*

-- jojo

-

Peter

Tuesday, July 16, 2002 9:37 AM

Re: cat deterrants

Hi Jojo

> I can loan you my pug companion Sam, if you like. He's hardly a wolf, but boy can he pee! He pees on anything stationary. We

> have to keep pampers on him when he's in the house. But you can just let 'im loose in your yard and he'll take care of the rest...

> Never in my life have I seen an animal take such pleasure and pride in urinating on things!

LOL - I know the sort of dogs you mean - they have a really proud look on their faces!!! :-)

BB

Peter

---Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).Version: 6.0.375 / Virus Database: 210 - Release 10/07/02To send an email to -