IndiaDivine.org

this is why ppl don't get vegetarian..)!(180 msgs..)

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Normally this list is stagnant and nothing gets posted for days on end.

At last we are all talking!

Janey

x

-

Gabriele Betti

Saturday, July 13, 2002 8:48 AM

Hi, bye

To send an email to -

Guest guest

No actually this is good. It's called a lively sharing of thoughts and feelings!

-

Gabriele Betti

Saturday, July 13, 2002 3:48 AM

Hi, bye

To send an email to -

Guest guest

Janey

> Normally this list is stagnant and nothing gets posted for days on end.

In the past 6 months, there has been only one day where nothing has been posted. Granted it is not normally this busy, but it is rare for there to be less than 5 posts per day. Perhaps you only read the list when there's an opportunity to accuse people of being cat haters?

BB

Peter

---Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).Version: 6.0.372 / Virus Database: 207 - Release 20/06/02

Guest guest

Peter,

Actually I have a civic duty role and nowadays I get little opportunity to read all the posts as, like all day today, I have lots of events to attend . However, I do notice the volume of posts in my Inbox every day and those from are very few indeed. At last we had chance for a good debate which you wanted to finish before it was over and someone else moaned about.

And Peter, please take back your last comment. That was uncalled for and I would like an apology.

In the past 6 months, there has been only one day where nothing has been posted. Granted it is not normally this busy, but it is rare for there to be less than 5 posts per day. Perhaps you only read the list when there's an opportunity to accuse people of being cat haters?

BB

Peter

---Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).Version: 6.0.372 / Virus Database: 207 - Release 20/06/02To send an email to -

Guest guest

We are starting to sound like an irritable bunch, though. Maybe we need some neutral topics or something.

- Muffy

-

kiwi2000

Saturday, July 13, 2002 6:00 AM

Re: this is why ppl don't get vegetarian..)!(180 msgs..)

No actually this is good. It's called a lively sharing of thoughts and feelings!

-

Gabriele Betti

Saturday, July 13, 2002 3:48 AM

Hi, bye

To send an email to -

Guest guest

A neutral topic? Okay ...

Well I went to an event today and one of the waitresses recognised me and said *we have got you some vegetarian food*. She was so pleased that she had catered for me that I didn't have the heart to tell her that actually no, I wasn't a vegetarian but a vegan! She then produced vegetarian pastry *bites* and I kept taking them from her and then gave them to my husband when no one was looking! That worked well but I was starving. It was a long day without any lunch! Maybe I should have been honest but I didn't want to offend her feelings seeing as she had gone to the trouble of getting me *meatless* food.

Janey

x

We are starting to sound like an irritable bunch, though. Maybe we need some neutral topics or something.

- Muffy

Guest guest

Janey

It's an awkward situation when someone has tried.

When we had training at work and lunch was to be provided, I asked in advance, for a vegan lunch and I was assured there would be one for me. When the time came there was nothing I could eat other than a slice of melon and a banana. I couldn't even drink the orange as I am allergic to it. Afterwards I thought I would take a list of vegan foods down to our 'in house' caterers so that they would know in future what to serve for a vegan.

It turned out that they did know what a vegan eats, but a vegan lunch had not been ordered for me! That made me even more irritated than if they had not known. Anyway, luckily they were very helpful, and said if I or any vegan was to be catered for, if I just pop down so they know, then a good lunch would be provided.

Jo

Well I went to an event today and one of the waitresses recognised me and said *we have got you some vegetarian food*. She was so pleased that she had catered for me that I didn't have the heart to tell her that actually no, I wasn't a vegetarian but a vegan! She then produced vegetarian pastry *bites* and I kept taking them from her and then gave them to my husband when no one was looking! That worked well but I was starving. It was a long day without any lunch! Maybe I should have been honest but I didn't want to offend her feelings seeing as she had gone to the trouble of getting me *meatless* food.

Janey

x

- Muffy

To send an email to -