IndiaDivine.org

Keep calm everyone

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hi everyone

Could I request a truce on the marrying meaties and cats issues? I think that we've now reached the point where everyone has had their say, and we're just going round in circles. I don't want to prevent discussion, but we're now just going round in circles and the number of e-mails are multiplying exponentially - in the space of 8 hours, almost 100 have come in about just these two topics!!!

There's plenty of other stuff to chat about, so can we just accept that everyone has had their say, and move on?

BB

Peter

---Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).Version: 6.0.372 / Virus Database: 207 - Release 20/06/02

Guest guest

Has everyone had their say?

Have we exhausted these two subjects?

Both are close to my heart. I own cats and I am married to a meat eater.

Therefore I am interested in these two subjects and if people have further input then I am happy to listen and debate.

Thanks all the same Peter.

Janey

x

-

Peter

Saturday, July 13, 2002 9:32 AM

Keep calm everyone

Hi everyone

Could I request a truce on the marrying meaties and cats issues? I think that we've now reached the point where everyone has had their say, and we're just going round in circles. I don't want to prevent discussion, but we're now just going round in circles and the number of e-mails are multiplying exponentially - in the space of 8 hours, almost 100 have come in about just these two topics!!!

There's plenty of other stuff to chat about, so can we just accept that everyone has had their say, and move on?

BB

Peter

---Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).Version: 6.0.372 / Virus Database: 207 - Release 20/06/02To send an email to -

Guest guest

Janey

> Has everyone had their say?

> Have we exhausted these two subjects?

> Therefore I am interested in these two subjects and if people have further input then I am happy to listen and debate.

Judging by the number of off-list e-mails I have received, you are in a very small minority. People have requested to me, as moderator, that I stop these debates, as they are causing a lot of unrest and unhappiness. As I do not like the idea of censorship, I am asking politely that everyone drops these subjects - but if my polite attempts are ignored, then I may have to make an unpleasant decision which will benefit the majority on the list over one or two members.

I hope that's clear.

Peter

---Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).Version: 6.0.372 / Virus Database: 207 - Release 20/06/02

Guest guest

> Peter wrote:

>

> Judging by the number of off-list e-mails I have received, you are in

> a very small minority.

>

> People have requested to me, as moderator, that

> I stop these debates, as they are causing a lot of unrest and

> unhappiness. As I do not like the idea of censorship, I am asking

> politely that everyone drops these subjects - but if my polite

> attempts are ignored, then I may have to make an unpleasant decision

> which will benefit the majority on the list over one or two members.

>

> I hope that's clear.

>

> Peter

>

It's clear. You think that asking people to stop talking about

something, in a way that implies they have a choice is not censorship,

even when you are also saying that if they do not excercise their choice

the way you want them to, you're going to censor the topic.

If you've decided to stop people talking about the topic, then you're

decided to censor it. Sometimes, that can be the right decision. But

please don't pretend that censorship isn't censorship.

Personally, I'd like the married meaties thread to go on. I can ignore

the cats thread fine, so don't have a problem with it.

--

Ian McDonald

http://www.mcdonald.me.uk/

Guest guest

Ian

> Personally, I'd like the married meaties thread to go on.

Then I would suggest you take it up again on vegan network where it started.

I have noticed that there is a tendency when more strict moderators than

myself ban people, those banned tend to start the same argument up over

here. This list is not an overflow for baggage from other lists.

In the vain of my previous post, you are clearly incapable of following the

basic rule, and have, once again, attacked me on list. I have therefore put

you on moderation, as I will to anybody else who attacks me or anybody else

on the list. If you continue to do so, you will be banned. Maybe only this

action will prevent an exodus. In the past 48 hours, 15 people have left the

list because of these attacks, and that is why they will stop one way or the

other.

Peter

---

Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.

Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).

Version: 6.0.372 / Virus Database: 207 - Release 21/06/02

Guest guest

Actually no-one can take up anything contentious at all on Vegan-network because John bans people quite arbitrarily without any good reason, so that list is a joke, no-one can be honest, and I believe I am on a life ban (look at the homepage, says it is Lesley Dove free which is unfair and downright vicious - I know no other moderator who would behave like that) and usually the overflow tends to go to VegansUncensored because although you are usually pretty tolerant here, Michael is even more tolerant in the running of his list. I think Janey is one of the least offensive people around actually, I'm surprised you have felt you needed to moderate her.

Lesley

Peter [snowbow]14 July 2002 01:27 Subject: Re: Keep calm everyoneIan> Personally, I'd like the married meaties thread to go on.Then I would suggest you take it up again on vegan network where it started.I have noticed that there is a tendency when more strict moderators thanmyself ban people, those banned tend to start the same argument up overhere. This list is not an overflow for baggage from other lists.In the vain of my previous post, you are clearly incapable of following thebasic rule, and have, once again, attacked me on list. I have therefore putyou on moderation, as I will to anybody else who attacks me or anybody elseon the list. If you continue to do so, you will be banned. Maybe only thisaction will prevent an exodus. In the past 48 hours, 15 people have left thelist because of these attacks, and that is why they will stop one way or theother.Peter---Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).Version: 6.0.372 / Virus Database: 207 - Release 21/06/02To send an email to -

Guest guest

so, i haven't been online since friday...in box has 478 messages in it

so, can i just erase everything and assume you kids just went round and round?

*brakes into a horrid Ratt song*

anything new and exciting said? blood spilled? an argument made so convincingly that i have to read it and it will change my life and will see the light, god herself will bathe me in her beauty and smile such radiance upon me that all shall become clear and i will realize the meaning of life and monty python will sue me and...

or can i just assume you just said:

"cats deserve to be free"

"no that's irresponsible"

????

:)

cheers

fraggle

In a message dated 7/13/02 1:32:06 AM Pacific Daylight Time, Snowbow writes:

Guest guest

In a message dated 7/14/02 11:45:31 AM Pacific Daylight Time, angiewright writes:

Why expect our posts to be any more exciting/ life changing , than yours Fraggle ?

one could aways hope couldn't they?

you can't all be as boring as me....

i know, you save all yer good stuff fer some other secret chat site that i'm not invited to...

fraggle

Guest guest

Why expect our posts to be any more exciting/ life changing , than yours Fraggle ?

EBbrewpunx [EBbrewpunx] 14 July 2002 19:11 Subject: Re: Keep calm everyoneanything new and exciting said? blood spilled? an argument made so convincingly that i have to read it and it will change my life and will see the light, god herself will bathe me in her beauty and smile such radiance upon me that all shall become clear and i will realize the meaning of life and monty python will sue me and...cheersfraggleTo send an email to -

Guest guest

B " H

It's very rare that I buy an album for one song and even rarer when I

do to hate the album. This happened with Ratt ;-)

Debbie

Hi Fraggle

> *brakes into a horrid Ratt song*

Aaarggghhh, no - please not Ratt... ;-)

BB

Peter

Guest guest

We were mostly having a grand ol' time talkin' about you whilst you were out bebauchin' yerself and God knows what else.

Sos ye best read each and every of those 478 notes or ya won't know what we said or who said what! Kinda' juicy it was too!

With tales of terror, mixed with some sex, and an occasional act of sheer blind indulgence. So get on wit' it and we'll see ya later then.

We also had someone from the group follow ya and take pictures which by now have spread to the far corners of the globe.

By the way, some outdoor cats peed on ya while you were sleepin' it off.

-

EBbrewpunx

Sunday, July 14, 2002 2:10 PM

Re: Keep calm everyone

so, i haven't been online since friday...in box has 478 messages in itso, can i just erase everything and assume you kids just went round and round?*brakes into a horrid Ratt song*anything new and exciting said? blood spilled? an argument made so convincingly that i have to read it and it will change my life and will see the light, god herself will bathe me in her beauty and smile such radiance upon me that all shall become clear and i will realize the meaning of life and monty python will sue me and...or can i just assume you just said:"cats deserve to be free""no that's irresponsible"????:)cheersfraggleIn a message dated 7/13/02 1:32:06 AM Pacific Daylight Time, Snowbow writes:

Could I request a truce on the marrying meaties and cats issues? I think that we've now reached the point where everyone has had their say, and we're just going round in circles. I don't want to prevent discussion, but we're now just going round in circles and the number of e-mails are multiplying exponentially - in the space of 8 hours, almost 100 have come in about just these two topics!!! There's plenty of other stuff to chat about, so can we just accept that everyone has had their say, and move on?To send an email to -

Guest guest

sorry already deleted most of em

damn....

bad me

fraggle

kiwi2000 <kiwi2000 wrote:

>We were mostly having a grand ol' time talkin' about you whilst you were out

bebauchin' yerself and God knows what else.

>Sos ye best read each and every of those 478 notes or ya won't know what we

said or who said what! Kinda' juicy it was too!

>With tales of terror, mixed with some sex, and an occasional act of sheer blind

indulgence. So get on wit' it and we'll see ya later then.

>We also had someone from the group follow ya and take pictures which by now

have spread to the far corners of the globe.

>By the way, some outdoor cats peed on ya while you were sleepin' it off.

>  -

>  EBbrewpunx

>  

>  Sunday, July 14, 2002 2:10 PM

>  Re: Keep calm everyone

>

>

>

Guest guest

Only 478? I've been away for a week and am trying to catch up on around 1600 messages. Lucky I've got a broadband connection.

Think I might just have to delete most of them; sure I'll catch up soon - bit like the soaps really!

Viv

EBbrewpunx [EBbrewpunx]Sunday, July 14, 2002 7:11 PM Subject: Re: Keep calm everyoneso, i haven't been online since friday...in box has 478 messages in itso, can i just erase everything and assume you kids just went round and round?*brakes into a horrid Ratt song*anything new and exciting said? blood spilled? an argument made so convincingly that i have to read it and it will change my life and will see the light, god herself will bathe me in her beauty and smile such radiance upon me that all shall become clear and i will realize the meaning of life and monty python will sue me and...or can i just assume you just said:"cats deserve to be free""no that's irresponsible"????:)cheersfraggle